Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance (29869 Views)

The Year Is Gradually Coming To An End. What Is Your Achievement? / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by SoNature(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15
Just like most things, marriage faces its challenges but can never lose its relevance. Our women, society and traditions that expect so much from the male folks (husbands) haven't made things a lot more difficult.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Godwin25king: 7:58pm On Apr 15
I disagree
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Proudman1: 7:59pm On Apr 15
The author is neither here nor there
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by occfx: 8:00pm On Apr 15
In Africa, it's economy that's fighting marriages but in the west, its lucifer himself in the form of LGBT, and woke nature.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Lanre1st(m): 8:00pm On Apr 15
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Donedeal1(m): 8:01pm On Apr 15
The institution is divine
Otherwise enemies yapa
The reason the institution is existing
Is there is no alternative
That can come closer

LGBT or whatever can not take away marriage

Even cloning can't.
So marriage is here to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by olaniyilukman(m): 8:02pm On Apr 15
sweetTai:
Marriage is very relevant amongst matured people.
there is nothing like mature in marriage, both parties are suffering in silent.....

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by ibrocool(m): 8:03pm On Apr 15
A
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Taquin: 8:03pm On Apr 15
I wonder sometimes. As a lady, I don’t know if it’s just me but the thought of marriage doesn’t excite me. Is it weird

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by InvertedHammer: 8:04pm On Apr 15
/
Marriage was killed once government got fully involved and made it a business contract in which one party is rewarded more if the contract is breached. Children used to be seen as blessings from God but these days women have turned it into a bargaining chip and a handcuff to chain unsuspecting men into financial slavery.

Many men opt for love gamble without signing the dotted line to avoid stories that touch especially the "no-fault" divorce laws. A woman professing love for a successful man these days is not different from a yahoo guy fishing for clients.

/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by chuksjuve(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15
Marriage is loosing relevance to you because you have choose to focus on the wrong set of people, hence that’s where your anger is coming from..

I’d advise you channel your view and direction to those who are successful in the same marriage that others are finding difficult ; I’m pretty sure you will delete these things you just wrote out from your mind and tender an apology for this miseducation you are doing..

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Geovanni412(m): 8:07pm On Apr 15
nairalee:
What exactly is the attraction for marriage now?

Loneliness? Life is no longer as boring as in the 60's (u can now create your own fun in your own bedroom)

Procreation? [/b]With the advent of baby mamas we've realized it's cheaper and easier to get children without marriage

[b]Sex?
[/b]U can simply get sex now with small change without even stressing yourself.

[b]Cooking? [/b]With technology u can order any food of your dreams in 30mins or less.
[b]
Domestic chores?
U can simply get a maid or machines to do basic chores.

Many of the past incentives for marriage are now outdated plus all the TERRIBLE news we hear/read daily.

Marriage is no longer as marketable as before

Just this week, a work colleague came in wearing a shawl

This man was apparently happily married with three children

When we talked further, he took off the shawl to reveal deep scars on his head.

He had a nasty quarrel with his wife. Whilst he was asleep, she used pestle to hit him on his ribs and on his head.

It's hard to feel optimistic about marriage when you hear some of the nasty stories of what men are going through in silence.

13 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Shimran(m): 8:09pm On Apr 15
EreluRoz:
Nonsense

Only damaged people see marriage that way. If your parents had that mindset you won't be in existence.

Trying so hard to discredit marriage while applauding unlawful cohabitation

God bless you. 😊

I doubt a lovely and happy families, Family clans, Family Relatives, Communities and nations, the love, feels for one another could ever exist in the absence of Marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Apr 15
vibbb:
Lots of people (Ladies) miss interpret the through meaning of feminism and that has been a major set back to family life. Once you are being infected with feminism virus family life tends to have no true meaning any more. Most women who are crusaders of the so called feminism don't understand the through concept and applications.
Nonsense! undecided
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by JustcallmeFavou(f): 8:11pm On Apr 15
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen writes from England.

How do you expect most marriages to work, when some marriages these days, has become transactional? Most folks are now getting married to strangers instead of to their friends. Some just want to get married cos all their friends are already married, and they seem like the odd one out.

If you ask me, marriage is beautiful. Pray to get it right with the right person, and who knows, you might have your happily ever after here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by benitwater(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15
To some not all.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by GUNITGuy: 8:11pm On Apr 15
Taquin:
I wonder sometimes. As a lady, I don’t know if it’s just me but the thought of marriage doesn’t excite me. Is it weird
Even me too,...l just don't know am not so eager

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by WorldRichest: 8:11pm On Apr 15
Marriage is a scam nah. Those of us who are married and are not afraid of the truth knows this. Marriage is a bigger scam than Religion. Now the western world is doing away with the two frauds

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by jojothaiv(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15
I'm glad this is your opinion and it's valid but like the knight of the English language will always say, I wouldn't have delve into it if not for AI.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by israelmao(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15
Marriage in Christ is a blessing,God's word remains unfailing.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by WorldRichest: 8:13pm On Apr 15
DarkLover:
I'm getting married next year to have a firsthand view. Yeah, marriage is losing its relevance but some marriages are still a good sight to behold, mine would be one too smiley

Yes, some marriages are good sight to behold for people to see, but in the closets, they are scams.

Will you believe that Rev Chris Oyakhilome's former wife Rev (Mrs) Anita Oyakhilome will kick his ass out with all the fake outings they portray? That's how 95% of marriages are. Couples just show off fake smiles and love, underneath, it is plenty trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by ivolt: 8:13pm On Apr 15
TonyeBarcanista:
Kindly be specific sir... The world doesn't begin and end in Europe, Canada and United States.

For proper perspective, the institution of marriage in the West has lost its value due to their matriarchal nature, LGBTAIA+++ and others that are against family values.

However, marriages in Africa, Middle East, Russia, Asia and several other conservative societies have remained intact due to the presence of these family values that are lacking in so-called liberal societies.

You cannot be in UK or Canada and expect a marriage to be like when you were in Nigeria or Ghana. This is the reality, Japa has its downside. Liberal societies don't give a damn about family values, unlike conservative societies.

Cheers
What is Russia doing in your list?
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:15pm On Apr 15
nairalee:
What exactly is the attraction for marriage now?

Loneliness? Life is no longer as boring as in the 60's (u can now create your own fun in your own bedroom)

Procreation? With the advent of baby mamas we've realized it's cheaper and easier to get children without marriage

Sex? U can simply get sex now with small change without even stressing yourself.

Cooking? . With technology u can order any food of your dreams in 30mins or less.

Domestic chores?
U can simply get a maid or machines to do basic chores.

Many of the past incentives for marriage are now outdated plus all the TERRIBLE news we hear/read daily.

Marriage is no longer as marketable as before

I've come to realise that so many people on nairaland are products of dysfunctional upbringing or a single parent household especially the males, or they are not loved at home, that's why they preach the abolishment of marriage, to continue the moral degradation of the society.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by EreluRoz: 8:15pm On Apr 15
Shimran:

God bless you. 😊

I doubt a lovely and happy families, Family clans, Family Relatives, Communities and nations, the love, feels for one another could ever exist in the absence of Marriage.
There's no one from a decent home that'll ever talk down on marriage, one of the easiest way of spotting a damaged person is his idea and views on marriage. So many young people especially Nigerian men needs therapist because the government has messed them up. It's sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by ivolt: 8:15pm On Apr 15
olaniyilukman:
there is nothing like mature in marriage, both parties are suffering in silent.....
You just proved her point.
Mature people don't suffer and keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Greenfaces: 8:16pm On Apr 15
Until we discover the punishment for zina
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by obaidan: 8:16pm On Apr 15
Marriage is now Poverty Alleviation or Get-rich-quick scheme for ladies. Young men are no longer interested. In most cases they are the ones that bring money and sacrifice to the table, the other gender once they bring private part to the table like ds, they believe they have done what no one else can do

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by labake1(f): 8:16pm On Apr 15
Marriage is supposed to be like a retirement plan meant to be enjoyed but marriage of this time is like war, pains and troubles. Men doesn't respect and value women so women are trying every means to succeed more than men. I told my boss that I just want to be a mother

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by Biglittlelois(f): 8:16pm On Apr 15
cutecommend:
If people's first and best love was their spouses, and if the first love of their spouses was them, and if their first ever sex experiences was between them and their spouse in marriage; and the first ever sex experience of their spouses was with them in marriage. And if husbands are hardworking, loving teachable and kind, and wives are submissive, teachable and respectful, maybe marriage will be better...

One size does not fit all

What may work for you may not work for others.
Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by temmyyem: 8:17pm On Apr 15
This is a lie, marriage will never loss it value.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance by anungangampu: 8:17pm On Apr 15
4 of my friends including a sibling that married in the last 2 years have went back to their late night and olosho lifestyle.
REASON: They all married out of shame to either get a very young girl or to marry someone they can boss over or something beautiful their friend's could envy.
Last, Last, After 6 months they preferred their former olosho than their wives. The woman on the other hand was eager to get baby to tie their husband. After first post-partum they totally lost their husband.

For me, with half naked girls walking everywhere, it seems I have generalized every woman to be too close to an olosho to be valued.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land / Help With PHCN Wahala / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.