Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness (10924 Views)

Evangelism In African Traditional Religion: / Christian Evangelism In Uganda: Taking It To The Streets / Effects Of Christian Evangelism In Africa: More Child Witches Exposed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by fxtopedia(m): 12:07am On Nov 20, 2011
BOKO-HARAM is not disturbing peace abi?
Preaching in public bus is what you called peace disturbance.

You need to get your head examine OP. And your post shows
the level of poverty that has ravaged you, if you don;t want noise '
in public bus, kindly get a car. With 5m you will get a fair car

Smh for you
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by jakigaga(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2011
How come this is never done on in an aircraft?I have never been on a plane and someone got up to preach.All the senior pastors fly so how come they don't spread the word in the air?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:18am On Nov 20, 2011
No be lie o. Abi dem dey fear?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 20, 2011
if ur not interested U can as well tell d preacher to stop his preaching instead of grumblin to urself, it cant b stopped cus d gospel must b heard by every ear as a testimony den ur world will end(signs dat d end is near), #gbam, wink
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by naijadot: 12:33am On Nov 20, 2011
Not just evangelism in Public Buses, someday maybe someone would start evangelism on aeroplanes, LOL
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by KINGwax(m): 12:43am On Nov 20, 2011
The BAST.ARDS are FORKEN INFERIOR, they alwys feel cheated by the christians so they wanna speak up unnecessarilly even when it doesn't make sense. And well, of course they are, alwys copying the ways of the true one, first they stopped from jst singing to using instrumentals, then to mosques on sundays, then night vigils and now revivals. They jst wanna prove they also can. It's so inferior and fake! Now they're killing innocent people in the name of their fake religion. how come no SENSIBLE muslim talk about this but about those people preaching in true peace rather than killing to accept their barbaric religion. They really learnt well from mohammed, the cave-man that hid in a cave to revise the bible. It's funny. I alwys call their supposedly holy book the REVISED SUBSTANDARD BIBLE.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by billyG(m): 12:53am On Nov 20, 2011
I trust naija, preaching in the airplane wont be frown at b/c of fear of death in a flying coffin, 4000ft below sea level everybodi want to go to heaven ,but nobody want to die evendo the sky is closer 2 hvn than the earth grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Image123(m): 1:06am On Nov 20, 2011
There's no big deal about preaching on an aeroplane. That you've not seen it before doesn't mean it's never happened, villagers. I've heard a whiteman, a WHITEMAN for that matter, talk about how he preached in an airplane and the positive response he got. On a major scale though, it's against the rules to stand and preach or speak/announce anything loudly on the airplane, preaching or no.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 20, 2011
quite a funny thread. The OP and the others here pretend the constant wailing from mosque loudspeakers particularly at 5 am is not a problem. Just attack the low hanging fruit, at least you are guaranteed leaving with your head intact.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Konjour(m): 2:43am On Nov 20, 2011
Whatever you preach,as far as it doesn't put others in discomfort is ok. But arguing about your religious zealousness being the main

reason for disturbing people's quiet and peace when any intrusion is obviously unwanted is hypocrisy of the highest order. It is stupid.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by umechuma: 3:47am On Nov 20, 2011
ngozianu:

Alienvirus,

push the preachers and drug sellers down when the bus is moving, but remember that the preachers were[b] showing you the way to heaven[/b], period
Which Heaven? 90% of Nigerians are corrupt, potential liars, deceitful and never obey the laws including the preacher.Heaven is not the target of an average Nigerian and majority of those that go to hell around the world every year are Nigerians.Nigerians are religious but hell is always their destination.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by loco4love: 3:59am On Nov 20, 2011
Everyone has freedom of speech as long as they are not slandering or lying against anyone. Freedom of speech needs space because the act of speech is carried out in space and time. There is nothing wrong with preaching on a bus because the preacher has paid his/her busfare . Protect freedom of speech.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by kelz88(f): 4:02am On Nov 20, 2011
Abeg. They should spare me and my ear.

How many people actually change after listening to a so-called evangelist on the bus?

Any excuse to make money by introducing pamphlets/books to the passengers to buy. Also another way to make more people aware of their church, and not necessarily Christ.

Business.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by chrisj2000(m): 4:20am On Nov 20, 2011
i think its ok
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by chrisj2000(m): 4:36am On Nov 20, 2011
if they can
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by BinghiNya(m): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2011
islam has come to stay no matter how christians and boko haram try to tarnish its image there is a difference between a call 2 prayer and preaching in a public place some christians are bigots christianity was spread by guns we see it happen everytime
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by olajide8(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2011
Have you guys noticed that these same people are the ones that rush buses and shunt queues @ bus stops they don't lead by example @ all the other part of this is that the bible condemns the person that refuses to listen to them while they preach even if they are saying the wrong things and condemn other people, well without being given a choice, I am not in support of this statement I am about to make myself but it gives room for reasoning why do BOKO HARAM bomb churches in the north its because these preachers would come into your compound very early in the morning say around 4.30-5am with torch lights and start preaching I am speaking from experience I couldn't even drive this deeper life and chosen charismatic women out of my compound because of the bibles quotation about God judgment that would be counted against the person that drives away the person that comes to preach the word and that what Jehovah witness use to judge people once you do no give them audience, look at these so call preachers even JESUS CHRIST was a ROLE MODEL they are mostly hypocritical in their submissions but who am I to judge them the worst aspect is if you stand or sit in front of them they would bath you with saliva and if you clean it they feel you are insulting GOD's messenger most of us are busy at home and want to do mental thinking or just meditate on the next line of action before we get to the office but NAA lie, but when did all this start, God should forgive all of us because personal I don't know what's right or wrong again.
I also have to tell my muslim brothers you guys are the worst 15mins to 5 the megaphone goes off and God save you their are not 3 mosques surrounding your house eh wether you like it or not you just have to get up and it happens ev eryday of the week no exception even if its just a day NAA lie, and in as much as they make all these noise they don't have a heart of forgiveness and their moral standards are much lower justification for officially marrying 4 wives voodoo comes with the religion they are siamese twins check them out why is it when they fasting they decide to do night vigil and make sure no body gets to sleep they are also hypocrits like I said only GOD will save and help us
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 8:28am On Nov 20, 2011
olajide_07:

Have you guys noticed that these same people are the ones that rush buses and shunt queues @ bus stops they don't lead by example @ all the other part of this is that the bible condemns the person that refuses to listen to them while they preach even if they are saying the wrong things and condemn other people, well without being given a choice, I am not in support of this statement I am about to make myself but it gives room for reasoning why do BOKO HARAM bomb churches in the north its because these preachers would come into your compound very early in the morning say around 4.30-5am with torch lights and start preaching I am speaking from experience I couldn't even drive this deeper life and chosen charismatic women out of my compound because of the bibles quotation about God judgment that would be counted against the person that drives away the person that comes to preach the word and that what Jehovah witness use to judge people once you do no give them audience, look at these so call preachers even JESUS CHRIST was a ROLE MODEL they are mostly hypocritical in their submissions but who am I to judge them the worst aspect is if you stand or sit in front of them they would bath you with saliva and if you clean it they feel you are insulting GOD's messenger most of us are busy at home and want to do mental thinking or just meditate on the next line of action before we get to the office but NAA lie, but when did all this start, God should forgive all of us because personal I don't know what's right or wrong again.
I also have to tell my muslim brothers you guys are the worst 15mins to 5 the megaphone goes off and God save you their are not 3 mosques surrounding your house eh wether you like it or not you just have to get up and it happens ev eryday of the week no exception even if its just a day NAA lie, and in as much as they make all these noise they don't have a heart of forgiveness and their moral standards are much lower justification for officially marrying 4 wives voodoo comes with the religion they are siamese twins check them out why is it when they fasting they decide to do night vigil and make sure no body gets to sleep they are also hypocrits like I said only GOD will save and help us

You're really confuse, i tell ya,
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by http(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2011
KINGwax:

The BAST.ARDS are FORKEN INFERIOR, they alwys feel cheated by the christians so they wanna speak up unnecessarilly even when it doesn't make sense. And well, of course they are, alwys copying the ways of the true one, first they stopped from jst singing to using instrumentals, then to mosques on sundays, then night vigils and now revivals. They jst wanna prove they also can. It's so inferior and fake! Now they're killing innocent people in the name of their fake religion. how come no SENSIBLE muslim talk about this but about those people preaching in true peace rather than killing to accept their barbaric religion. They really learnt well from mohammed, the cave-man that hid in a cave to revise the bible. It's funny. I alwys call their supposedly holy book the REVISED SUBSTANDARD BIBLE.

I really can't imagine if this come out of someone with a human brain

I know u don't have respect for your HELLDERS in your home, pls is Mohammed same mate with your Great Great Great Great Grand father up to your Tenth generation? call a messenger of God cave man will definitely bring Hell to you, am sure about that unless you repent and ask for forgiveness from God. When will majority of Xtian stop this barbaric thing of calling Muslim Prophet name? Its show you are S.I.L.L.Y, MO.RO.NIC BA.ST.AR.D, Its only God that will Forgive your utterances/ angry angry angry

Is it your Grand father that found Xtianity or where you there during the Xtian Crusade? The message of Islam remain thesame, as we have bad eggs in every household, its not different in Islam; you are a very bad egg in your household bringing disrepute to your ancestors and religion.

Learn to stick with the topic and stop your F.oo.Lish, loop sided assurance of your religion making heaven; OLOFO!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by KINGwax(m): 9:06am On Nov 20, 2011
http:

I really can't imagine if this come out of someone with a human brain

I know u don't have respect for your HELLDERS in your home, pls is Mohammed same mate with your Great Great Great Great Grand father up to your Tenth generation? call a messenger of God cave man will definitely bring Hell to you, am sure about that unless you repent and ask for forgiveness from God. When will majority of Xtian stop this barbaric thing of calling Muslim Prophet name? Its show you are S.I.L.L.Y, MO.RO.NIC BA.ST.AR.D, Its only God that will Forgive your utterances/ angry angry angry

Is it your Grand father that found Xtianity or where you there during the Xtian Crusade? The message of Islam remain thesame, as we have bad eggs in every household, its not different in Islam; you are a very bad egg in your household bringing disrepute to your ancestors and religion.

Learn to stick with the topic and stop your F.oo.Lish, loop sided assurance of your religion making heaven; OLOFO!
truth is bitter and it hurts! Hehehehe, olofo kë? O ti dun were. Oloshi !
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Meristem: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2011
I am not against preaching the "gospel" as they put it. i am only worried about WHAT THEY SAY AND HO
they say it. some of what they call gospel will embarass a true christian.
These "preachers" need to come under one body to streamline and
regulate their activities. for now, its anarchy.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2011
typical yoruba life
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by chuksme(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2011
what do u call urself AlienVirus you are realy virus.People preaching did not force u to listen.when next u enter Public Bus just close ur ear when u see them preaching or you stop using public Bus ok. Which one is ur own business,are they using ur mouth to preach or ur energy.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by BetaThings: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2011
olajide_07:

Actually, you know little of Islam. Some facts
The call to prayer is only once (except for morning prayer). And they are supposed to keep quiet after making the call
Reciting things aloud between the call to prayer and the prayer itself is actually wrong
You can marry 4 wives; there are conditions - justice and fairness. But no girlfriend is allowed
I still believe that marrying with the consent of the woman and the parent is the best
Night prayer is not confined to Ramadan. Indeed, it is in the Qur'an. Sleep daily for 2/3rds of the night and pray for a 3rd
Muslims tend to do more during Ramadan, hence the night prayer which is said in a group before going to sleep
Then individually, people do their regular night prayer (Tahajjud) in the early hours
Understand Islam before you criticise

BTW, christians ring bells continuously around 5am to 6.30am around my area, preaching and praying
Do you really think that is less disturbing?
And if people are complaining, if we respect ourselves, should we not listen?
Saying people should get off the bus does not show that Christians forgive or are considerate. Think about it
I see people going to work in official vehicles reading whatever they like in peace, why should people going to work in commercial vehicles not be able to do same?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Revolva(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2011
well i must say that we Nigerias worry too much about God, problem if even God has a problem, even,

there was one lady that sat next to me, in a bus heading from Mile2 to Oshodi, as we reached ijesha bustop she started preaching like some one that has crammed all what she was saying , just kept repeating her self, and people felt ashamed looking at her, then came her getting down at her bustop, another group of lords chosen, freaks, came in and started singing aloud and clapping as if we were al going to the mountia for prayer they have forgotten they are in a public bus,

I was very disturbed that day, cant we just go to church and feel free, is there any one that have not heard the gospel before,
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by chrisj2000(m): 11:35am On Nov 20, 2011
they have to if they need to
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by DrKnow1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2011
These hungry pastors should stop adding to the misery of the poor people who are at the receiving end of all the problems in Nigeria. Why don't they take their so called preachings to the looters at Abuja.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by daphil: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2011
@ OP, I believe your motive of bringing this is up is for us to help you talk to such preachers! Next time you experience such, quickly run down to us for help.
BTW, you must be a dumb! Why didn't you kick against it 'there and then' if you any issue with it.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Daporeals(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
you guy dat are sayin,dis and dat,dat they are disturbing,u should knw,dat he will appear with is host of angel,with loud trumpt,even if d devil is blind fold u guy with dis cilvlization of a tin we wont stop preachin d gospel,in his name we are saved,remenber Jesus is cuming soon be blessed
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Ojferrari: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
Na wa oooooeven d whites dat we borrowed d religion frm dont go abt it in dat insane manner. Nigerians r hypocrites n d country continues 2 plunge in2 crises n corruption day after day. It's evident Nigerians knw dis men r businessmen tryin 2 enrich themselves, dey should b stoppes or rada stoned 2 death 4 using d name of God anyhow
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2011
Anyone found wanton again shall rot in the prison. Some people simply think upside down
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by chrisj2000(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2011
i reserve my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / Your Motive For Paying Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.