Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness (10934 Views)

Evangelism In African Traditional Religion: / Christian Evangelism In Uganda: Taking It To The Streets / Effects Of Christian Evangelism In Africa: More Child Witches Exposed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by godman01(m): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
I am a christian, but never really supported this kind of evangelism simply because it has little or no effect on people's heart. In fact the best way to preach this gospel is to live out what is saying. The bible even says we should be the epistle that people read.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by baslone: 10:47am On Nov 21, 2011
Those dudes that preach in churches and buses are small time hustlers.

Someday they'll grow their empire too like the big players in the church business.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by wellheads(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2011
Those guys are just looking for a way to make ends meet. But they should have just begged for alms instead of constituting nuisance to people. Those people dey smell die!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2011
wellheads:

Those guys are just looking for a way to make ends meet. But they should have just begged for alms instead of constituting nuisance to people. Those people dey smell die!

grin grin grin SMELL!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Oluchia(f): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2011
I am realy disappointed wth some of the comments from so cald xtians here. The kind of abusive words that come out from their mouth makes one wonder if they realy understand what the title 'Christian' means. And we wonder why the World doesnt take us serious. True, we'r commissioned to spread the gospel, but not at the expense or discomfort of others. Honestly if i were to be a non christian, i doubt if preaching in a bus will make an impact on me. Same goes for use of loud speakers in residential areas. It doesnt matter whether its a church, mosque or club, It constitute public nuisance and its wrong. I remember a day i spent a night in my aunt's house, i didnt sleep a wink d whole night simply because the church opposite had an all night vigil. Nothing wrong with doing a vigil, but must it be with d megaphone in full blast all thru d night with their drums being played?? What happend to 'praying in secret so ur heavenly father will reward u openly'? That is the height of insensitivity IMO. The residents are people who will av to go to work d following day probably leave their homes as early as 6am. And they will join a bus only to meet part2 of the disturbance in the person of a preacher or drug seller. Pls lets condemn what is wrong and stop being sentimental. We should apply wisdom and be moderate in all things. Christianity is a way of life and ur lifestyle is d 1st and greatest tool of evangelism.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by kjhova(m): 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2011
I was on a BRT to CMS some months ago when 1 douchbag got up to preach! Loud voice, saliva sling shots and all!! The pilot and his stewards tried to shut the man down, reminding him of the "no-preaching" sign. For where? He grew in intensity and remained adamant. Funny enough, majority of the passengers rose in support of the marabout preacher!
Thus the guy went on preaching and declaring the wrath of god on those that want to hinder the spread of the gospel. At the end, I don't think much was achieved in terms of "saving" of souls, but the dude sure felt good with himself. Which to me seems to be what matters most to many really.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
he should be thanking his God that someone like me was on in the bus. i would have made him [size=40pt]THE SUBJECT OF THE FORMULA[/size]

kj_hova:

I was on a BRT to CMS some months ago when 1 douchbag got up to preach! Loud voice, saliva sling shots and all!! The pilot and his stewards tried to shut the man down, reminding him of the "no-preaching" sign. For where? He grew in intensity and remained adamant. Funny enough, majority of the passengers rose in support of the marabout preacher!
Thus the guy went on preaching and declaring the wrath of god on those that want to hinder the spread of the gospel. At the end, I don't think much was achieved in terms of "saving" of souls, but the dude sure felt good with himself. Which to me seems to be what matters most to many really.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by wellheads(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
alienvirus:

he should be thanking his God that someone like me was on in the bus. i would have made him [size=40pt]THE SUBJECT OF THE FORMULA[/size]

nna, e be like say u go harsh for real life o! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by cynthiafred67(f): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
Oluchia:

I am realy disappointed wth some of the comments from so cald xtians here. The kind of abusive words that come out from their mouth makes one wonder if they realy understand what the title 'Christian' means. And we wonder why the World doesnt take us serious. True, we'r commissioned to spread the gospel, but not at the expense or discomfort of others. Honestly if i were to be a non christian, i doubt if preaching in a bus will make an impact on me. Same goes for use of loud speakers in residential areas. It doesnt matter whether its a church, mosque or club, It constitute public nuisance and its wrong. I remember a day i spent a night in my aunt's house, i didnt sleep a wink d whole night simply because the church opposite had an all night vigil. Nothing wrong with doing a vigil, but must it be with d megaphone in full blast all thru d night with their drums being played?? What happend to 'praying in secret so your heavenly father will reward u openly'? That is the height of insensitivity IMO. The residents are people who will av to go to work d following day probably leave their homes as early as 6am. And they will join a bus only to meet part2 of the disturbance in the person of a preacher or drug seller. Pls lets condemn what is wrong and stop being sentimental. We should apply wisdom and be moderate in all things. Christianity is a way of life and your lifestyle is d 1st and greatest tool of evangelism.

^^^ Well said
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by kjhova(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
Seriously, I noticed that within the University of Lagos campus, the muezzin at the mosque does not deploy a loud speaker when making calls to prayer. Also the protestant & catholic christian worship centres do not deploy outdoor loud speakers too. I understand this is so because there is a standing rule in the university to that effect.
Until our LGA councils and/or state assemblies make enforceable laws against noise pollution, they are the ones we should hold responsible and not the religionists. But my worry is, will Lagosians or indeed Nigerians not beat their legislators in the head if they try to make "anti" church laws?! Will some misguided nomad from the north not launch another round of mass murder in the name of a certain god?
My take is that our nation is grid locked in a maze of ignorance and one can only hope that change come someday in ones lifetime.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by tripleace(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2011
I would like to bring to the notice of everyone who must had said something in favour of the topic, must especially the POSTER.
*As much as you have every right to your opinion do remember freedom of speech still exist. Even if it going to cost you some inconvenience.
*If you most have noticed, a percentage of the occupant in that same bus did participate in one way or the other in the prayers or in worship.
*You may have being disturbed in one way or the other by their preaching but I don't think it is a daily occurrence so please, do try to bear with the trend.
*You may not have seen the positive impact of what this does to those in the bus but I have seen people giving their life to Christ as a result of this preaching.
*You may have not liked the manner of approach but do consider the fact that you are on the bus only for a while and maybe somebody is being impacted by the WORD, after all some bus driver play their stereo loud.
*I am an optimist who tend to see what good is being done in issues that are not detrimental to others, please see things in this perspective.
*The use of some harsh language is becoming something we need to watch, I really do enjoy reading comment from topics being posted and would like to encourage others to join NL.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by lukkie(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
@OP
Yes, it's madness and another way of begging by those broke-a$s pastors/evangeslists. Religious people should live by example and stop screaming their superstitious beliefs into our ears.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by opiororo1(m): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2011
as a matter of the constitution, is there any provision that clearly states that preaching in buses constitutes public nuisance? if no, then u have no claim. however, it could constitute a private nuisance to a few but u have to know that there is a significant difference between public and private nuisance and u are not in a position as a result of ur personal bias to descirbe that which is private a public nuisance.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by immaculateks(m): 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
there is nothing bad in preaching in commercial buses, since is not by for to leasten or respond.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Thugnificent(m): 2:07am On Nov 22, 2011
Anytime i'm on a bus and i hear this lousy preachers preaching there eyeballs out, i get so frustrated i'll wanna strangle em to death. Must u disturb everyone on a bus?? This shiiiit has gotten way out or hand. It's soo preposterous and foolish, especially when i look at their ugly faces as they squeal their brains out i get soo sick that if i had a gun i would joyously shoot their brains out and hopefully i would receive a hand of applause from the passengers. Rubbish!!
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by eyennyin: 3:20am On Nov 22, 2011
why not take it to the streets of maiduguri, stupid coward! they need more gospel there! lol
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 4:54am On Nov 22, 2011
^^ we shall call it the doomsday! Those that come here to defend this madness do that because they either fall into the category or because they wanted to defend their faith. Jesus himself was calm and never disturbing throughout his life
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by benzion72(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2011
Are you guys antichrist
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alex406(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2011
If you are ashame of Christ here on earth ,he will be ashamed of you in heaven. Let us spread the gospel by all means,alot of people are converting everyday through these means of evangelism.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Ideyontop: 11:01am On Nov 22, 2011
they are only saving your soul,you better listen to their message and heed.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2011
^^ whose soulk? RUBBISH
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2011
too bad, go to romance section
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Image123(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2011
alienvirus, what do you think? Is it okay to evangelise on the internet?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
i guess you can distinguish between a moving bus when you have an important place to go and internet browsing. Do you open up to 10 pages on while on internet evangelising?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by mabell: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
Image123:

alienvirus, what do you think? Is it okay to evangelise on the internet?

Yep, infact on tv, on the net, in tfhe dailies, on the streets, in buses,in courts, in schools, offices, homes, churches, I mean the list is on and on
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Image123(m): 12:47am On Nov 25, 2011
alienvirus:

i guess you can distinguish between a moving bus when you have an important place to go and internet browsing. Do you open up to 10 pages on while on internet evangelising?
So you're saying that you'd tolerate evangelism in a moving bus if you were not 'going to an important place'?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2011
I don't think u board a public transport for boarding sake.
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
alienvirus:

I don't think u board a public transport for boarding sake.
Don't be shy, we're talking about you, not me. So, you're saying that you'd tolerate evangelism in a moving bus if you were not 'going to an important place'?
Re: Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness by alienvirus: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
have u answered the one posted above. take a look
:
alienvirus:

alienvirus:

i guess you can distinguish between a moving bus when you have an important place to go and internet browsing. [size=16pt]Do you open up to 10 pages on while on internet evangelising?[/size]

why are you so daft? dont tell me someone cursed you while disturbing him with yoou evangelism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / D / Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.