Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,305 members, 7,864,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Wife Financial Insincerity - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Financial Insincerity (13145 Views)

Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories. / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids? / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Busybody2(f): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2011
Claus:

Sisthren solidarity ke?

More like wives solidarity and then mistresses solidarity and then runs girls solidarity.
For all the above to combine into one sisthren solidarity movement, na big lie!

Like I've said before, it'll save guys a lot of time if they just work on the basis that anything that's wrong in their relationshiop is their own fault.

I am too blunt to call a spade anything else other than its name, the woman is an outright thief be it 50kobo she was pilfering away every month and has shown she cannot be trusted. No be by force to marry, so there is no room for deception in marriage. If you read my tongue in cheek post again, you will see i am with Blue Diva and iaabc all the way, hence the analogy to backward momentum, but i don't have time to start writing epistles cos i'm on mobile.

But in this story, the victim whose fowl yansh is being aired in public is a woman and that is a no no in my books, hence reason I am all for the Sisterhood coven coming out enmasse to cover up for one of ours cheesy Sorry its just the way the cookie crumbles tongue
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
jay bee:

Your children being your flesh/blood and mirror image of you arguably have even more of a bond than yourself.
Why is it right to scold them if the inflate prices and turn the left cheek if it's the other half?

Abi ooo

If you can forgive your wife for stealing then you should forgive your children whom you have a LEGAL responsibility to take care of and are more of your flesh and bone than anyone else
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2011
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

See ya mouth.

No wonder my babalawo told me to cancel our engagement asap. grin

You see!!! grin

Dem don pull out the "real man" ideology sharp sharp.

If you don't accept all the egregious faults of a woman, you are a fake man or a boy.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=809360.msg9622861#msg9622861

Saga, no be me talk am o, na my papa talk am
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2011
chaircover:

And your boss is a very brave man to sleep with both his eyes closed at night

Why won't the Okunrimeta himself sleep well, when he know how he makes his money.

You want the woman to liquidate him and later file for divorce ?

Marriage is just a legal contract and noting more, peeps trust thier family members more than thier wife/husband.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
I don't worry about the men defending this act.
I worry about the women.

Women who reason this way will likely inculcate this habits in their kids.
I hear of women who encourage their kids to inflate their school fees for their fathers.

I tell my kids, if you take someone elses biro you are just like the man who robbed a bank.
No matter what their needs are you should be able to tell me.

What stops a woman from saying ''darling, these money will only cover our babies items, i need some extra to get a few things for myself''?

Even if the man is stingy, a woman can still get the money out of him without pilfering small small change. She is a woman, she knows her husbands soft spot.

One poster is talking of getting a Range in Dec from her hubby. It's when a woman knows her man that she can make him get her such a car. Know your man ladies and you won't need to steal.

@busy body
Bless your heart for seeing things from a rationl point.
Let;s forget sentiments and spit it as it is.

I was beginning to wonder if i was the only woman that still has some values.
Thanks for reassuring me. All hope is not lost.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^
God bless you
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
BlueDiva:

I worry about the women.

I hear of women who encourage their kids to inflate their school fees for their fathers.

I tell my kids, if you take someone elses biro you are just like the man who robbed a bank.

What stops a woman from saying ''darling, these money will only cover our babies items, i need some extra to get a few things for myself''?

Even if the man is stingy, a woman can still get the money out of him without pilfering small small change. She is a woman, she knows her husbands soft spot.

One poster is talking of getting a Range in Dec from her hubby. It's when a woman knows her man that she can make him get her such a car. Know your man ladies and you won't need to steal.

oh please. . . . . .spare me this eulogy of yours.

a woman must do what she's gotta do. if this woman has indeed be doing this like the husband alleged, then i must still blame the man.
women don't just become rogues by nature. how do we know she has not tried your methods and the husband looking the other way?
a husband this petty wouldn't even welcome any sort of luxury. every price-list has miscellaneous. . . .the husband should overlook this and deal with what real men deal with in the marital home.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
chaircover:

Like I said, the relationship between husband and wife and any other relationship is totally different.

The relationship between parent and children and any other relationship is also totally different

I belive Your children are the only ones you have a responsibility to take care of in this world

If you dont take care of your children you can land in jail Thats how sacrosanct it is. The children didnt beg to be born you willingly brought them over here and have a responsibility to them

Your kids can never divorce you from their DNA, I bet some men and women cant even remember how many husbands they have

J Lo might not remember the first husband she had but she would definitely be bounded to her kids for life whether she likes it or NOT

Blood is thicker than water or marriage

BlueDiva:

They also could use the familiar excuse " Shebi its my fathers money, I can steal it since he brought me to the world without my consent"
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Sagamite(m): 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
naijababe:

Saga, no be me talk am o, na my papa talk am

Your papa should stop eating your mama food.

Won ti fi lorfu si efo (Dem don put love portion in is efo soup). grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
'''
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2011
chaircover:

Just gone back to read the OP's thread. He says that he gives his wife every single penny that she asks for , . . . .

Well if he does, and she has so much at her disposal then why does she need to inflate prices?

Its also amazing that in the one year, hubby never for once stopped off on his way back from work or whatever and bought his kid pampers or baby milk.

he has to cook up the story to be believable.

if we bring the wife here, you would marvel at how the story would change direction.
how many times has that happened on this very section when partners have come here to do their dirty laundry.

you have made the point. if he knows for sure the woman has been inflating the prices of the groceries, why hasn't he taken over that task?
this is the same question judge judy would ask this lying petty husband.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by emmatok(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
Most peep forget that marriage is build on TRUST.

That TRUST is not a right, it is earned .

The OP will have over-looked what his wife is doing for long, until things got  to this level.

Imagine budgeting 30k of of his 40K salary, just for madam to inflate the price until their in noting left to spend.

And the-same man will be expected to pay Rent, school fees, and other bills.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
''
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by blacklion(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
ronkebp:

Nobody is saying, what the woman did is right,

Not true at all. Several of your fellow ladies (including Chaircover and Ujujoan) have explicitly stated on this thread that a married woman has the right to inflate prices in order to obtain extra money from her hubby and that any hubby who complains that his wife lied about petty amounts of money such as N600 is simply a poor man and a stingy loser and whiner because mere N600 cannot purchase even the cheapest facial wash.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
BlueDiva:

I worry about the women.

@busy body

Really? In an ideal world, this should work but in the cold hard real world it may never work. I am not defending or supporting the woman but I won't be so quick to judge her either . . . . . . . . . he that wears the shoes . . . . . . . .

Sagamite:

Your papa should stop eating your mama food.

Won ti fi lorfu si efo (Dem don put love portion in is efo soup). grin

grin grin grin grin I should get some of this potion from my mum, the thing still works after almost 50 yrs
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
chaircover:

**putting on juge judy's stern voice**

Thats Baloney sir . . .thats just baloney

Bird take that man out of my court  grin grin grin grin

[img]http://shechive.files./2010/05/1272348532_original-lol.gif?w=238&h=211[/img]
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
A woman gives her husband money.

Honey pls on your way from the stall help me buy an iphone. The husband comes back home that he bought it for $600 the wife later finds out he bought it for $500

Can I assume the responses would be the same here? Or they are just flesh and blood

Whats wrong in telling your wife I bought it for 500 but I have used the $100 on it for something else?

Trust, truth, Honesty seemed to be a strange concept to us
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
''
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2011
There is no point replying on this topic anymore, the fact is, you will not take my point of view i will not take yours' so Okwu don finish!!! lets leave it at that, we are all entitled to our opinions, the mother and father Theresas' that see the poster's wife as a thief, good for una, make the poster pursue im wife commot for house ontop N600.00 !!! that is his own palava.

My own is that, the whole matter is not enough to be tearing panties all around, becaue your wife carry your money, if na pickin, you will disown the child because e carry your N200.00, just because some people have spent 100 years in marraige does not mean they have ''marital common sense''.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by ronkebp(f): 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2011
blacklion:

Not true at all. Several of your fellow ladies (including Chaircover and Ujujoan) have explicitly stated on this thread that a married woman has the right to inflate prices in order to obtain extra money from her hubby and that any hubby who complains that his wife lied about petty amounts of money such as N600 is simply a poor man and a stingy loser and whiner because mere N600 cannot purchase even the cheapest facial wash.

Nope, go and start reading it from the beginning again. No need to jump into conclusion from the middle.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
dayokanu:

A woman gives her husband money.

Honey pls on your way from the stall help me buy an iphone. The husband comes back home that he bought it for $600 the wife later finds out he bought it for $500

Can I assume the responses would be the same here? Or they are just flesh and blood

Whats wrong in telling your wife I bought it for 500 but I have used the $100 on it for something else?

Trust, truth, Honesty seemed to be a strange concept to us

the man is the head of his house. a fact every nigerian woman acknowledges.
so there's a hierarchy.

i cannot gripe to my kids. my kids can gripe to me.
my kids can gripe to me or their mum. my wife can only gripe to me. i don't think i should gripe to any of them( i lead the pack).

if you know any man doing the example you stated above to his wife, then he's a loser!
i can't even imagine telling my mates my wife took $100 from me - they would laugh at me and pour a glass of beer in my face - as if that's news.

the same way we want women to think a cheating husband is normal is the same way i want you to think a wife pinching her husband's money is . very normal! it's a global phenomenon.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^ So according to you, your kids are justified to pad up their school fees, steal money from you since they have a right to gripe from you?

Let me get this straight and also anyone that supports this view
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2011
ronkebp:

There is no point replying on this topic anymore, the fact is, you will not take my point of view i will not take yours' so Okwu don finish!!! lets leave it at that, we are all entitled to our opinions, the mother and father Theresas' that see the poster's wife as a thief, good for una, make the poster pursue im wife commot for house ontop N600.00 !!! that is his own palava.

My own is that, the whole matter is not enough to be tearing panties all around, becaue your wife carry your money, if na pickin, you will disown the child because e carry your N200.00, just because some people have spent 100 years in marraige does not mean they have ''marital common sense''.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2011
oh please. . . . . .spare me this eulogy of yours.

[b]a woman must do what she's gotta do. if this woman has indeed be doing this like the husband alleged, then i must still blame the man.[/b]women don't just become rogues by nature. how do we know she has not tried your methods and the husband looking the other way?
a husband this petty wouldn't even welcome any sort of luxury. every price-list has miscellaneous. . . .the husband should overlook this and deal with what real men deal with in the marital home.

Yes, some are even killing their husbands to claim his life insurance.

The man bought his wife an expensive BB, that is some sort of luxury for a man u people say is stingy abi ?
This same stingy man wants to buy her a car? Another luxury for a stingy person.

Really? In an ideal world, this should work but in the cold hard real world it may never work. I am not defending or supporting the woman but I won't be so quick to judge her either . . . . . . . . . he that wears the shoes . . . . . . . .

A real woman will know what i'm talking about.
Most of you just marry these days out of desperation.
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ So according to you, your kids are justified to pad up their school fees, steal money from you since they have a right to gripe from you?

the relationship i have with my wife is different to what i have with my kids. i have highlighted that.
when i grow old n grey and get struck by stroke in the next 50 yrs, this woman would be with me whilst ma kids would only pay monthly visits.

Let me get this straight and also anyone that supports this view

my kids are different from my wife!

BlueDiva:

The man bought his wife an expensive BB, that is some sort of luxury for a man u people say is stingy abi ?
This same stingy man wants to buy her a car? Another luxury for a stingy person.

all those other stuffs are lies to make himself a sorry-arse victim of the most wicked wife in the world.
why would a serious husband even reveal those kind of details? abegggi, spare me.

when i read stories like this from nigerians, i focus on the main point and ignore chaffs like i bought her a blackberry fone, bought her indian hair and i am about to buy her a lexus jeep. spare me those ogrish details. i don't wanna know!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
coogar:

the relationship i have with my wife is different to what i have with my kids. i have highlighted that.
when i grow old n grey and get struck by stroke in the next 50 yrs, this woman would be with me whilst ma kids would only pay monthly visits.

my kids are different from my wife!

You just highlighted that the kids have a right to gripe on you so why is it bad for them to pad their fees?

Your wife being with you in 50yrs is not a given, she might decide to bail out on you before then, while we have had instances of kids who put their parents in with them when the parents are old

In Nigeria especially, its not strange to see parents live with their kids when they are old
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
BlueDiva:

A real woman will know what i'm talking about.
Most of you just marry these days out of desperation.

Takes a desperado to know another desperado
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by coogar: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
dayokanu:

You just highlighted that the kids have a right to gripe on you so why is it bad for them to pad their fees?

kids are in their formative years. if you tolerate such, they would grow up to be armed robbers - you cannot compare.

Your wife being with you in 50yrs is not a given, she might decide to bail out on you before then, while we have had instances of kids who put their parents in with them when the parents are old

this is why i am marrying a wife. this is why i chose the best out of the 5674936204730243735 women i have slept with. do you not think i have done alpha and beta testing to come out with the best of the lot? no woman is capable of leaving me in marriage. if she is capable, i wouldn't have married her in the first place.

In Nigeria especially, its not strange to see parents live with their kids when they are old

most times, when one of them is dead!
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Busybody2(f): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
BlueDiva:

Know your man ladies and you won't need to steal.

@busy body

I tire oh, all the dude said was ""I am doing so much for her, yet why does she still feel the need to lie to me constantly, knowing I would never say no, SHOULD I BE WORRIED? AM I SAFE? IS THIS NORMAL OR IS THERE SOMETHING MORE SINISTER IN THE OFFING? DO I NEED TO START WATCHING MY BACK, ETC Thank God for posters like Debosky and a couple of other dudes who made sure to dilligently guide the OP in the right direction lest he felt he was loosing the plot.

What is with all those ridiculous haughty redundant talks like - "how much is N600, the OP is a cheapskate, the OP is stingy, thats not enough to buy facial wash, she was being lightfingered to look good for you, etc" - especially in such Country whereby the minimum wage just got raised from N8500 per month, and where they came from is beyond me undecided All they do is breath lives into such divisive and highly corrosive comments such as this below which he said a year ago embarassed

Sagamite:
   The average man is not half as much vindictive, emotional and petty as the average women. Women see it even as a faultless approach and a gender right.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry Sagamite is sleeping in the doghouse tonight angry
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by Gluckdude(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2011
Seems most of this lady loving lady dont get it( dont mean lesbians)
my main annoyance is the fact that i can't even trust her with baby diapers, how can i put her in a managerial position if i ever own a company and make her be in charge of all the company wealth, does that simply imply she will inflate contracts in her own interest.generate ghost workers,under pay staffs, etc
just try and understand me a little.
ITS NOT ABOUT THE F--KING 600 BUCKS. ITS THE LACK OF TRUSTTTTTT SHE HAS CREATED.
how can i possible regain that?
Re: Wife Financial Insincerity by jaybee3(m): 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
Well you have married her, for better for worse so accept her short comings and in turn empower her so she doesn't
depend on you for petty things

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Should Bride Price Be Abolished? / Ever Considered Changing Your Name? / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.