Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,286 members, 7,829,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa (27230 Views)

Celestial Church Members Claim Late Rev Samuel Oshoffa 'Visited' During Service / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Oshoffa In The Sky: Celestial Church Members Claim To See Their Founder (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by cjudy(m): 6:06am On Apr 29
abdullhafar:
I trust nigerian they we back fornications and attack polygamy, because they prefer to keep fornicating up and down than to marry a two, devil 😈 has already beautify sins among common nigeria
Don’t mind them. Most of them have multiple girlfriends and sleeping around with different girls even when married. They will be the first to condemn Polygamy. Someone who legally took another wife is now a sinner and someone who’s sleeping around with different women is a saint because he haven’t marry them.
Ask them to show you where the Bible condemn polygamy, they will be running around saying God said one man, one wife. They even read the reason and beneath the scripture. They only take the one that Favour’s them. David, Abraham are all strong prophet of God. Infact no prophet married one wife. All took multiple wives and God never condemn it yet they’re even the ones after Gods own heart. But Nigerians that won’t even spell the 5th floor before heaven are here dying on what they don’t know
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:24am On Apr 29
purples25:

I hope your first wife knows of this intention before marriage.
I will tell her later after the deed has been done.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by manikspears: 7:02am On Apr 29
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
Pastorprenuer businessman protecting his business.

Polygamy is bad but homosexuality is ok according to the White slave masters who wrote the Bible.
CLOWNS grin grin grin

You are the clown here. You are ignorant. There was Christianity in Africa before your so called whites adopted it.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Cantonese: 7:22am On Apr 29
erniok:

Even prophet Hosea had only one.wife. he's just clutching straws.

He disgraced himself and his church.
Further adding to the assertion that they know absolutely nothing about the Bible, except sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by drlateef: 7:28am On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Now you have moved from Paul to Jesus!

Did Jesus not say He did not come to.judge? Nevertheless, did He not Say "do unto others what you want done to thee?"

And would thou let thy own wife marry another man? No as shown by the reaction of these men here https://www.nairaland.com/8076150/love-married-woman-happening#129684894

So, all previous prophets were wrong. Only Paul was right. Dey play!!!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by siant: 7:34am On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
He cannot do that because he is quite aware that he can never join the ranks of the men you speak of. That door closed to all alive since the arrival of Jesus Christ, the Last of the prophets sent by YHWH. undecided
'And there were in the church at Antioch, prophets and teachers'. Acts 13:1
'After we had been there for several days, a prophet, called Agabus came down'. Acts 21:10
'And he gave some to be apostle, and some prophet'. Ephesians 4:11

You guys are just like to deceiving yourselves. You tend to quote any part of the scriptures that suits your opinion and doctrine while over looking others that are not in tandem with your ideology. How will Christ be the last prophet, when He even promised the coming of the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that worked in the old prophets? If your denomination hold a belief that there are no more prophets after Christ, that's your own cup of tea. However, the scriptures is the last authority, supercedes any individual or group opinions.
Finally, Christ was more than a prophet. He was a fully God , came in human flesh.
Ire o.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by otipoju(m): 7:38am On Apr 29
thesicilian:

We didn't attend the same school, I have my own school that I attended, and you have yours.
So if I say I have my own school I attended, does that mean I was the only one in the school?

If I tell my friends I can't stay here, I'm going back to my own house, does that mean I'm the only one who lives in the house? Come to think of it, "my own house" doesn't even mean I own the house, it just implies that I have a legal right to use the house. So 40 people can call a house their own house as long as they're legal occupants of the house.

That's the lexical ambiguity I'm talking about.

Jesus never condemned polygamy, most of those in the bible who seemed to condemn it were the overzealous converts who were not even with jesus and tended to apply their personal beliefs in most of their teachings.

Some of the greatest icons in the Bible were polygamists, such as Abraham, Solomon, David etc

And they're all already in heaven while you are here talking about unimportant things like polygamy instead of focusing on the actual teachings of christ like repentance, forgiveness, love etc

Men your sense dey very complete.

Personally, I do not have any desire to have more than one wife because of the headaches that polygamy brings.

One woman alone is chaos,not to talk of two or three jealous women who will compete with each other and recruite their children to do the same.

In fact , it was to avoid this chaos and let the man of God focus on his ministry that Paul advised ministers not marry at all sef.

I really like your explanation of the lexical ambiguity and I've learned something on this forum today.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Image123(m): 7:41am On Apr 29
JuanDeDios:

You adopt a strict construction for "wife" then go in the opposite direction for "prophet" - even though none of this is even important. You guys argue from conclusion to middle. It's always interesting to watch. As is your position on Miriam/Moses. smiley

i stay where the Bible stays, simple. If the Bible doesn't give what you call a strict construction for prophet, who am i to? Who is a prophet? Was John the baptist a prophet? Was Abraham a prophet? Probably not in the sense that people understand. But God called him a prophet, so why should i say otherwise?
When did prophets become the standard for polygamy?
Abraham's son was Isaac. If Oshoffa's son thinks he's a prophet because they called his father one. Why should we exclude Isaac the son of prophet Abraham?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by otipoju(m): 7:48am On Apr 29
yewit37486:

Don't waste your time explaining to people who already know what they want to do and are just looking for a way to justify it.

Anyone that wants to marry 100 wives should please go ahead, it won't change the fact that the Bible is clear on it being One man, one wife.

The only verse that actually backs one man one wife came from the mouth of Jesus.

When he said Moses permitted you to marry more than one wife because of the hardness of your heart, but it was not so from the beginning.

Meaning, polygamy was not God's plan all along. Nevertheless, it is permissible and not a violation of any commands. Therefore it is not a sin in any way shape or form.

But, then the argument can then be made that if the original intention of God was monogamy then becoming born again should mean man operates on the original will of God.

But then the fact remains that polygamy is not a sin and monogamy is not righteousness.

Sin and Righteousness are both independent of both and that is why Jesus said there is no marriage in heaven.

Marriage begins and ends here on earth. In heaven we all become single for life.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 7:53am On Apr 29
drlateef:

So, all previous prophets were wrong. Only Paul was right. Dey play!!!

Yoiu be Mover o. Thank God i said nothing like that
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by simplesearch: 8:03am On Apr 29
Natbrowny:
After plenty observation.

The West selling the baby mama culture to women but condemning polygamy is something i will never understand!

Future has 8 baby mamas
Nick Canon has 6 baby mamas

but polygamy is evil according to the WEST!

West should not be your standard but the word of God.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Monday60655(m): 8:04am On Apr 29
thesicilian:

There is no where in the whole of 1 Corinthians 7 that it is mentioned one man is to have one wife. I think the issue is that you are either deliberately or ignorantly misinterpreting the lexical ambiguity in 1 Corinthians 7:2 [KJV] which states that:

Then you thought you understand what is written ryt? Spiritual insight and understanding of the scripture is the work of the Holy Spirit. Even by mere human understanding in that I Corinthians 7:2, based on your assertion, why don't Bible say let every woman have her own husbands and every man have his own wives. Why is it that the scripture did not pluralize it? This is just a simple English.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Abee79(m): 8:17am On Apr 29
Well, that's their business 🙄😒😒
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by drlateef: 8:31am On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Yoiu be Mover o. Thank God i said nothing like that

Thats the implication of what you said. Jesus never condemned polygamy nor spoke against it. Only paul did. What does that mean to you?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 8:45am On Apr 29
drlateef:

Thats the implication of what you said. Jesus never condemned polygamy nor spoke against it. Only paul did. What does that mean to you?

I showed you Jesus impliedly did when He Said "do unto others what you wamt done to you".

And you want extra wives but you are not going to allow your wife extra husbands like this man https://www.nairaland.com/8075955/husband-stabs-wife-death-over#129680787

So, clearly, if you cannot bear your wife's polygamy, then don't do your own polygamy
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by omojeesu(m): 9:13am On Apr 29
noble2faith:

The best comment so far. I wish I could give you million likes 👍

To God be the glory!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by RussellRutherfo: 9:54am On Apr 29
God1000:

https://punchng.com/no-prophet-married-only-one-wife-in-the-bible-says-oshoffas-son/

Cults and their leaders are always particular about sex and many females that they abuse due to their influence over their followers.

They will always twist scriptures to suit their amorous lifestyle. Just like that 7th Arab child bride molester invented a whole new religion so his 6year old bride can be his "wife".

This is how you identify false religions.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by chukkystar(m): 10:49am On Apr 29
Bobbynobobby:

No sir. God was trying to send a message to the children of Israel with the three children she bore and after she was forgiven fir going back to her ways, she was given the worst punishment any LovePeddler can be given. No sex for life! Even from her 'husband', Hosea.

A PERFECT GOD, you must agree
Yes, He was sending a Message to Israel for their Harlotry but the Prophet Himself was thought to feel exactly what God Felt. That pain of Betrayal and Distrust. God never makes Mistakes I agree with You..

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by purples25(f): 11:09am On Apr 29
Blessedarethepe:
I will tell her later after the deed has been done.

Good for you. Helper of women.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 11:13am On Apr 29
bomsilaga:

He has told you that it was his opinion but yet you still want to make it the gold standard.

Before verse 6 was that not imply that he was expressing The Commandment?

"let every husband render unto the wife (not wife or wives but the wife) due benevolence : a.d likewise the wife (not wife and wives) unto the husband (not husband or hisbands)

The wife does not own her body, it belongs to the husband (not husbamd or husnands but the husband) and the husband does not his body but the wife. (not wife or wives but the wife)

And this is The Law, which a just and fair Person like God nust give!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Ronpet777(m): 11:18am On Apr 29
thesicilian:

We didn't attend the same school, I have my own school that I attended, and you have yours.
So if I say I have my own school I attended, does that mean I was the only one in the school?

If I tell my friends I can't stay here, I'm going back to my own house, does that mean I'm the only one who lives in the house? Come to think of it, "my own house" doesn't even mean I own the house, it just implies that I have a legal right to use the house. So 40 people can call a house their own house as long as they're legal occupants of the house.

That's the lexical ambiguity I'm talking about.

Jesus never condemned polygamy, most of those in the bible who seemed to condemn it were the overzealous converts who were not even with jesus and tended to apply their personal beliefs in most of their teachings.

Some of the greatest icons in the Bible were polygamists, such as Abraham, Solomon, David etc

And they're all already in heaven while you are here talking about unimportant things like polygamy instead of focusing on the actual teachings of christ like repentance, forgiveness, love etc

The issue is a sensitive one. I did an extensive research on this matter and realise that , polygamy was never condemned in the bible. It is only advised to stick to one to avoid issues. But the one new generation Christians carry it ehn, you will think it is next to murder.

1 Like

Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 11:31am On Apr 29
verdade:

That's the problem with Nigerians, they say things without prove.. They read and don't understand.

What do you mean without proof when these things are seen everyday on the streets, offices, clubs, markets, fuel stations etc?

You want to carry wives, carry but stop pretending as if you do not already know that you are doing evil and breaking many of God's Laws along with it.
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 11:35am On Apr 29
Caleycash:
No correlation!... most of you are hell bound to dispute the fact and truth, if you can be so lose to leave your husband and cheat with another man and he stabs you to death that's surely what you deserve, if you feel you don't want him again, divorce and leave!, the truth remains the truth!

The correlation is what you do to others should be done to you.

So if you can be so lose to leave your wife and cheat with another woman and she stabs you to death, you deserve it. if you feel you don't want her again, divorce and leave!, the truth remains the truth, and a Just judge will swing
it goes both ways"
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 11:43am On Apr 29
Ronpet777:

The issue is a sensitive one. I did an extensive research on this matter and realise that , polygamy was never condemned in the bible. It is only advised to stick to one to avoid issues. But the one new generation Christians carry it ehn, you will think it is next to murder.

Research some more if you truly want to be fair and do justice to this matter.

And join us in this thread if you thibk your research is True, because even here no one can show how they can do polygamy without breaking God's Law eg law of adultery, lust, covenant breaking, Lying etc.

https://www.nairaland.com/8050679/see-how-polygamist-secretly-changed/3#129688197
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Veecruz: 11:49am On Apr 29
otipoju:

The only verse that actually backs one man one wife came from the mouth of Jesus...

So Paul did not say one man one wife?

Or you did not see The Commandnent "Neither shall he multiply wives to himself" abi?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 12:10pm On Apr 29
Ronpet777:

Exactly.
Most of the arguments for polygamy are more of sentimental than spiritual
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by thesicilian: 12:12pm On Apr 29
Monday60655:

Then you thought you understand what is written ryt? Spiritual insight and understanding of the scripture is the work of the Holy Spirit. Even by mere human understanding in that I Corinthians 7:2, based on your assertion, why don't Bible say let every woman have her own husbands and every man have his own wives. Why is it that the scripture did not pluralize it? This is just a simple English.
You do understand that the Bible was not originally written in English, right?
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Apr 29
siant:
■ You guys are just like to deceiving yourselves. You tend to quote any part of the scriptures that suits your opinion and doctrine while over looking others that are not in tandem with your ideology. How will Christ be the last prophet, when He even promised the coming of the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that worked in the old prophets?
■ If your denomination hold a belief that there are no more prophets after Christ, that's your own cup of tea. However, the scriptures is the last authority, supercedes any individual or group opinions.
■ Finally, Christ was more than a prophet. He was a fully God , came in human flesh.
Ire o.
1. Let me play along in this display of ignorance what is in fact written in scripture, for a bit mind you!

▪︎ If we are to believe that Agabus was indeed a prophet chosen and sent by YHWH --- anointed by God --, wouldn't that mean then that starting from David and all through to Jesus Christ, all of the prophets who prophesied that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, would be the last prophet sent by God --- Jesus Christ Himself testified to this --- all lied? undecided

¤ Wouldn't it mean that YWYH, the one who sen5 Jesus Christ, got it all wrong about Jesus Christ being the Messiah or even His Last? undecided
¤ Wouldn't that equally mean you worship Him in vain? undecided

2. And no, I am antireligion since Jesus Christ condemned religion beginning with the religious leaders of His time and their doctrines and traditions which He proclaimed were all lies -- antichrist. Christianity is famously known to be modeled after that very same religion that Jesus Christ condemned and its over 47,000 denominations/sects serve as proof of the many lies it is founded on lipsrsealed

3. Saying Jesus Christ is more than a prophet does not reduce the magnitude of the lie you accuse Him of. He proclaimed that not only was John the Baptist the last of the Old Testament prophets sent by His Father, but that He was in fact the one that came down from Heaven from the Father, the last one they had been waiting for. If Jesus Christ was in fact not the last prophet sent -- anointed by YHWH--- then how could he be the Messiah? undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by bomsilaga(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

Before verse 6 was that not imply that he was expressing The Commandment?

"let every husband render unto the wife (not wife or wives but the wife) due benevolence : a.d likewise the wife (not wife and wives) unto the husband (not husband or hisbands)

The wife does not own her body, it belongs to the husband (not husbamd or husnands but the husband) and the husband does not his body but the wife. (not wife or wives but the wife)

And this is The Law, which a just and fair Person like God nust give!

1 Cor 7: 6: but I speak this by permission and not of commandment. I don't know where you are reading from
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Apr 29
bomsilaga:
■ 1 Cor 7: 6: but I speak this by permission and not of commandment. I don't know where you are reading from
Clearly, that was an opinion stated by Paul. More important than all those are the commandments given by God who instead said those who live as Eunuchs are blessed(both males and females). undecided
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by Caleycash(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

The correlation is what you do to others should be done to you.

So if you can be so lose to leave your wife and cheat with another woman and she stabs you to death, you deserve it. if you feel you don't want her again, divorce and leave!, the truth remains the truth, and a Just judge will swing
it goes both ways"

Same way you all should start paying groom price, build house, bring money home to sustain the family and finally protect the family and nation at large, but guess what, NO!, you all craves and loves a man's money and protection, that's the reality... IT DOESN'T GO BOTH WAYS!!!
Re: No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa by otipoju(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29
Veecruz:

So Paul did not say one man one wife?

Or you did not see The Commandnent "Neither shall he multiply wives to himself" abi?

That was to the person who will become King of Israel and it also said not to multiply gold and silver to himself.. so by your logic, being rich should be a sin.

Paul also recommended christians not to marry at all. I hope you read your Bible well.

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her . 1st Corinthians vs 7: 8-9.

So in your illogical way of thinking. Marriage for a man is a sin...because Paul said so.

Context is very important when reading the scriptures.

Friendly advice...the person you are talking to spent 5 years of is life in a classroom in a University studying Religion. So you better be sure of of what you are saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. / Prophet Shepherd Bushiri And His Anointed Pregnancy Test Pictured / I Will Die Very Soon.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.