Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,361 members, 7,954,472 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? (11461 Views)

Passingshots Analysis On Refineries Featured On Keeping It Real. / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter / See How Nigerians Reacted To APC Leaders Who Were Applying For GEJ's YOUWIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by obowunmi(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
YouWin Nigeria is a business plan competition for Nigerian youths and I'm wondering if its real because they keep postponing the deadline,

Does anyone know about this competition ? Does the postponement date mean that no one is applying ? Will they steal people's idea and run ? Thoughts pls,
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
obowunmi:

YouWin Nigeria is a business plan competition for Nigerian youths and I'm wondering if its real because they keep postponing the deadline,

Does anyone know about this competition ? Does the postponement date mean that no one is applying ? Will they steal people's idea and run ? Thoughts pls,

Those two questions in bold are very true.

YouWin = Is a scam, lotto, betting, gambling, lottery, stealing biz ideas, millions completing for 1200 slots.

Soon they announce winners loaded with front-men and other aided benefactors.

Once again TheyWin - WeLoose.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by obowunmi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
You think ?

Let's wait and see sha.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2011
obowunmi:

You think ?

Let's wait and see sha.

And see how FG will blow up those funds? Or how millions of Nigerians will complete for 1,200 slots?
Can you also assure us that Ministers, Governors, Senators, Presidency, Chairmen, Party officials, etc - will not have candidates they are positioning for some of the slots?

Small time now they will ask the shortlisted candidates to buy scratch cards, to check it online grin grin grin
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
YouWin is a scam. The most pitiable acts of deceit in recent times coined by scammers.and their cohorts.

Imagine using 50 billion naira to create 1200 fake jobs shocked.

Beaf is among the crooks enjoying the scheme. The dolt is busy attacking anyone with contrary view of this useless government. You still wonder why he was able to acquire a 300 million mansion in Asokoro even without any history of tangible employment.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Specific Objectives of the Programme include to:

Provide a one time Equity [size=14pt]grant for 1,200 selected[/size] aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;

https://www.youwin.org.ng/whatisyouwin.php
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by obowunmi(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
I'm really curious to see who gets selected. Its very pathetic that the deadline keeps getting extended, makes the whole thing even more less competitive.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 5:29am On Nov 22, 2011
^
You wont see anything happening. Stop being anxious about a scripted arrangee scam, YouWin is scam and a charade organize to decieve the unemployed Nigerian youths.

Those behind this scam(Beaf & co) are basically not disturbed with how you feel and are stretching the timeline to pave way for "designed failure" along the script.

Most of them have suddenly become owners of palatable mansion in choiced location of Abuja and Lagos. Do you still wonder why some chimp monks always attack us for exposing this scam?

But all along, we warned you not to vote this mediocre in to office, didn't we? If they are not able to organize common national award for 365 individuals, what makes you think they can do this?
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by obowunmi(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Interesting,
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
I wonder how a 1,200 slot lotto can be a grand solution to over 20million unemployed Nigerians (Graduates, non-graduates, etc)?
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by GWslim(f): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
Manipulations
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by lifestyle1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
Time will Tell!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mmm
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by gmoney009(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
I believe youwin is real because of the calibre of people backing it. It's an initiative of ngozi okonjo iweala. Secondly the turnout they anticipated a lot of people but seems nigerians are not motivated to try. I don't believe it will be extended again. And in stealing of ideas who doesn't have the vision won't be motivated to pursue it. So if you haven't applied please do. Who knows you might be among the 1200. I know i will.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by vladimiros: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
i love nigerians

good things we complain bad things we complain

we are the most pessimist humans ever
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Emperoh(m): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
While i understand why Nigerians get skeptical about any government initiative,
i see no reason why this bias should extend to YouWin a whole private sector managed initiative backed up by FG funds.

YouWin was set up in the first place to gather knowledge and ideas of young Nigerians
who feel they have bankable ideas that can be turned into profitable ventures. This will in turn employ some of the
huge army of unemployed Nigerian youths thereby reducing unemployment and the attendant vices.

It was also set up based on government's belief that the only solution to unemployment is through the development of SMEs. Hence the allocation of a revolving seed capital of N10m which will be supervised by the supporting private sector partners and financial institutions. The capital is free of any interest and is collateral free.

LBS's Enterprise Development Centre was appointed to supervise the selection of candidates and also ideas that could transform into nice venture. These will eventually be midwifed into a profitable business venture.

So far, the submission of ideas is still going on and will likely close this Friday what will follow next will be a screening of the submissions and the ideas of successful one further analysed. This will be done by the persons who made those submission. They will be invited to come and defend their proposals and show how it will involve a larger number of people in terms of employment.

Not only that, final beneficiaries of the N10m will go through thorough, rigorous training and grilling sessions to be sure that such ideas will work out. Their ventures will also be supervised to see to it that they are achieving the set out aims. And like i said in the beginning , this will be wholly managed by the private sector.

Hence i don't see why every government initiative is treated like every other one.
I have submitted my own application and my sources have assured me that this one is true.
Let's not throw the baby away with the bath water.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by manny4life(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
egift:

I wonder how a 1,200 slot lotto can be a grand solution to over 20million unemployed Nigerians (Graduates, non-graduates, etc)?

Who said it will be a grand solution in it's entirety to 20million graduates? Well, recommend for us what kind of grand solution that will create 20million job using the same resources.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
Your sanctimonious sermon will/can never erase the fact that YouWin is scam meant to decieve the gullible Nigerian unemployed youths.

Go check out the company handling the data base you submit(if you did), the company handling the 50 billion naira worth of project is nothing to write home about. Their facebook page was equally created in february or so, and hasn't been updated since october, until i started the expose about their activity.

Thier domain name was just registered around february this year, that which may not be unconnected to the preparation of this scam.

The whole project is one lot of a ponzi scheme natured by corrupt politicians and their cronies to televised thier deciet in a broad day light and create a delusion about solving the unemployment problems bevelling Nigeria.

I know you wish you right and i also wish am wrong but, far from our personal emotions and imagination the truth lies beneath it.

How else can you justify sinking 50 billion naira on a website/company that worth couple of thousand to produce 1200 jobs?
This is absurd!
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Emperoh(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
I really don't know where these your facts are coming from.
Nothing as suggests that this is one. A company does not run on facebook pages and websites.

The pessimism we exhibit most times baffle me. Asked to proffer our own solutions, we fail to.
I wonder who gave the so called company N50bn.

Not given to turning issues to personal battles, i hope you realize that issues like this
are not done on websites.

All the same, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. This is purely yours
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2011
Have there been any reason giving for the numerous times they have postpond the timelines? Its further compounding the fact that this lotto, abi na lottery is a miscalculate scam.

50 billion naira / 1200 = 41.66 million naira each
(You will be surprise what will be given out at the end of the day) grin
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2011
If you dont have a clue then why are you argueing blindly? This is your refrence. . .

FG Launches N50bn Job Creation Fund Wed, 12/10/2011 - 2:15am | GEORGE AGBA and GLORIA EZEIRU President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday flagged off a N50 billion

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/6454/2011/10/12/
fg_launches_n50bn_job_creation_fund.html
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
saying that the programme was designed to  tackle  youth unemployment in the country.

“In the course of the campaign for the April 2011 elections, I identified unemployment as one of our biggest challenges that we must address
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/6454/2011/10/12/fg_launches_n50bn_job_creation_fund.html

^^^ grin grin grin ^^^
"Now he is providing a lotto of 1200 slots to solve that BIG challenge" - Egift
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2011
egift:

"Now he is providing a lotto of 1200 slots to solve that BIG-gest challenge" - Egift

^
He said "Biggest challenge". grin grin
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by emmydee(m): 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
i have submitted mine. i hope i get selected. But they said it's on rolling bases. I have been checking my email 5 times daily
for this purpose. I just pray this is not a scam though.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by philips70(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

YouWin is a scam. The most pitiable acts of deceit in recent times coined by scammers.and their cohorts.

Imagine using 50 billion naira to create 1200 fake jobs shocked.

Beaf is among the crooks enjoying the scheme. The dolt is busy attacking anyone with contrary view of this useless government. You still wonder why he was able to acquire a 300 million mansion in Asokoro even without any history of tangible employment.

@ Rhino is bolded for real or just figment of your imagination? Its not just enough to make these allegations without concrete facts and evidences to back them up. Not holding forte for anybody though.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Beaf: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
philips70:

@ Rhino is bolded for real or just figment of your imagination? Its not just enough to make these allegations without concrete facts and evidences to back them up. Not holding forte for anybody though.

You should know by now that Rhino.5dm is an unparalleled fool who goes about telling lies to salve his low self-esteem.

@topic
YouWin is backed by such institutions as the World Bank and the UK's Department for International Development amongst others. It takes traitors, fools and enemies of the country to sit in their 419 pads and formulate lies to hold back their own people.
The likes of Rhino.5dm and egift are traitors and the lowest of scum.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
emmydee:

i have submitted mine. i hope i get selected. But they said it's on rolling bases. I have been checking my email 5 times daily
for this purpose. I just pray this is not a scam though.

Bros Abeg do not hold you breath grin
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
Absolute truth. the guy is a big time scammer. Why do you think the so-called organizers behind the YouWin scam are all faceless?? Show me where to locate the office YouWin.

This is 50 billion naira project we are talking about here.

No office, No physical contact, Faceless organizers, . . ,only a shabbly designed website to submit data.  

I pity those buying into this ponzi racket and bullcrap.

At the end, names of few selected cronies will be displayed as winners. Boom! 50 billion naira is gone.

philips70:

Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Beaf: 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
This is Rhino.5dm expressing his love for boko haram. This is an excerpt from a thread he created that basically hero worshipped Mohammed Yusuf, the founder of boko haram as "a cool guy."

Rhino.5dm:
And thier reasons??. . . Illegal clamping, jailing and continue detention of their members without any recourse to justice, ordered by the state government. This was done purposely to satisfy “other” high ranking Islamic scholars in the state (pseudo-political scholars) with different ideology and doctrine. Before this, there was the incident of refusal of allowing them to continue practicing their faith in the state.
The slain leader of Boko Haram was a cool guy (No pun intended), which can be invited to ANY discussion without any hesitant or refusal. From my personal study and understanding the motive of the group, [b]I won’t be far from the truth if I say the group came out to protest against the long failure of northern political oligarch[/b]y, which has violated every opportunity to transform and educate their masses. I have listen and watched Yusuf (slain Boko Haram) leader defending his ideology, which I think to some extent is mainly trying to create awareness to the crime of the politicians.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762548.0.html

Very dangerous statements indeed, no one describes terrorists as "cool guys." It shows the sort of cold blooded traitor we are dealing with here.
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by egift(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
Beaf:

You should know by now that Rhino.5dm is an unparalleled fool who goes about telling lies to salve his low self-esteem.

@topic
YouWin is backed by such institutions as the World Bank and the UK's Department for International Development amongst others. It takes traitors, fools and enemies of the country to sit in their 419 pads and formulate lies to hold back their own people.

Beaf Answer These:
- Are those institutions you named providing the funds?
- Are the involved in the screen exercise?
- Our Senators, Presidency, Governors, Chairman, Party officials - are they not going to send in some candidates?
- Is a 1200 lotto slots the grand plan by Mr President to provide solution to Millions of unemployed Nigerians?
Re: Youwin Nigeria: Is It Real ? by Rhino5dm: 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Oya give us ONE name of Nigerians involved with this project or are they ghost? You are bigger fool to think placing links to UN and UK organizations will make any difference.
Just one name of Nigerian. . .We are waiting.

Dont tell me that ghost are incharge of the 50 billion naira project.

Beaf:

@topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience / APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected / Governor Ishaku Signs Death Sentence For Kidnappers In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.