Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,949 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible (5667 Views)

The Book Of Bible Gaffes / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:04pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry you missed the understanding of what is highlighted!

Cornelius and his household differs from all his soldiers.

Soldiers attached to each centurion back then are mostly about 100 men they weren't the ones putting faith in God rather it's Cornelius and his immediate family so it's not soldiers in his house that the Bible was referring to! smiley

See more manipulation, show the account that says the household in that account are only his immediate family and does not include soldiers under him? grin grin grin
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:05pm On May 12
achorladey:

Definitely grin grin grin

Those your question kept him on the backfoot and I don't think he realises the exposure that has given to the lies and manipulations of their beliefs about politics and war.

Jesus forget he will still kill his enemies who don't want him to rule over them yet says they should love their enemies like themselves and pray for the same enemies. grin grin grin

Don't mind Him. Even the statement of Jesus alone shows the JWs don't understand the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:09pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

My dear, Cornelius and all the soldiers in his house that day got baptized after Peter preached. Did Peter or anyone ask them to drop their guns because they've now become followers of Christ?

Have you ever read it in the anals of history regarding the early church that the disciples were accused of converting soldiers to Christianity and asking them to lay down their swords? The Roman government would certainly accuse the disciples if such things had been taking place.

There are wicked regimes and wicked people in the world. Jesus Christ taught us to defend against them by asking the disciples to sell their garments and buy swords. Figuratively telling them the importance of self defence. On that particular occasion, He was not expecting them to fight but since He was offering Himself as a sacrifice, He didn't want His disciples to see it as an example for them to always fold their hands whenever their lives are being threatened by a criminal. He was figuratively telling them "I'm doing this because this is my purpose for coming to earth but I'm not saying defending yourself is wrong".

The most profound statement Jesus made was "If my kingdom is of this world, (i.e had it been I'm an earthly king or president) my servants would fight (I'll have a retinue of soldiers who would fight). That's very plain. Stop applying your personal logic to scriptures, and take the word of God as it is. All these gymnastics don't pay you.

Now, there are criminal nations who just want to wipe off everybody and take over resources. They must be resisted. If Israel was a JW country, the nation would have been wiped out by now. Just imagine that everyone in Israel is a JW. By now, the nation would no longer exist. They're existing because of self defence. And God is helping them against their enemies. Is God unjust for helping them against their enemies?

When there are wars between 2 countries, it is true that Christians within both countries would fight themselves as soldiers. They're representing their countries and not Christianity. By defending their countries, they're doing the will of God. God knows how to protect His children in such battles, no matter where they belong. All children of God who are soldiers in both warring nations would have God's attention.

God Himself is a Mighty Warrior. He is also a wise God. He knows how to defend His children in the day of battle.

Just ask am one simple question.........

What do they believe about self defense?

When he prays to God to deliver him from the wicked one according to Mathew 6:13, is Jehovah doing so now on behalf of the religious organization he belongs and how does Jehovah does that? For example, how is Jehovah delivering Jehovah’s witnesses from the wicked one based on their doctrine(Putin) as it concerns Ukraine/Russia? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Don't mind Him. Even the statement of Jesus alone shows the JWs don't understand the Bible.

If someone said Tinubu and all the members of his household accepted Judaism does it includes all the soldiers in Aso rock villa? smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:13pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

If someone said Tinubu and all the members of his household accepted Judaism does it includes all the soldiers in Aso rock villa? smiley

Tinubu is not a soldier in the first place. Apply your madness and insanities peddling brains. Show me where that account says the household includes only his immediate family?
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:19pm On May 12
FxMasterz see their publications below.....

You should ask him, should Christians self defense themselves by going to war? Is it reasonable for Christians to do so against fellow Christians who show aggression and deadly harm?

Based on the religious publications he comes to give you in your own house? grin grin

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:20pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Sorry you missed the understanding of what is highlighted!

Cornelius and his household differs from all his soldiers.

Soldiers attached to each centurion back then are mostly about 100 men they weren't the ones putting faith in God rather it's Cornelius and his immediate family so it's not soldiers in his house that the Bible was referring to! smiley

This is not what we're discussing my dear. But I just want to prove to you they you don't know the Bible. By saying "All the soldiers in his house" I do not mean all the soldiers under his command. I meant the soldiers living with him in his house. The scriptures made it clear that it wasn't just Cornelius and his family that listened to Peter. You might want to go and read Acts 10 again. Look at the scripture below. Take note of the bolded.

Acts 10

"Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and he had called together his kinsmen and near friends. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together."

You can be sure that there were soldiers among his near friends. The two guys who were sent to Peter were definitely soldiers, and you can be sure that they too were in the meeting.

Now, did Peter tell any of them to lay down his swords because he has just become a disciple?
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

This is not what we're discussing my dear. But I just want to prove to you they you don't know the Bible. By saying "All the soldiers in his house" I do not mean all the soldiers under his command. I meant the soldiers living with him in his house. The scriptures made it clear that it wasn't just Cornelius and his family that listened to Peter. You might want to go and read Acts 10 again. Look at the scripture below. Take note of the bolded.
Acts 10:21-27
"Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.
Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and he had called together his kinsmen and near friends. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together."
You can be sure that there were soldiers among his near friends. The two guys who were sent to Peter were definitely soldiers, and you can be sure that they too were in the meeting. Now, did Peter tell any of them to lay down his swords because he has just become a disciple?

Guy, the soldiers attached to his house aren't members of his house so they're no part of those who dedicated their lives rather it's his immediate family who shared the same beliefs with him! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:26pm On May 12
achorladey:
FxMasterz see their publications below.....

You should ask him, should Christians self defense themselves by going to war? Is it reasonable for Christians to do so against fellow Christians who show aggression and deadly harm?

Based on the religious publications he comes to give you in your own house? grin grin

Thanks bro. You just gave me a powerful weapon!

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 8:29pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Don't mind him
Maybe if it was Dangote and his household, it would mean everyone working under Dangote
He's pretending not to understand simple English
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:29pm On May 12
Maxindhouse

Judging from your own publication (excepts attached), do you think a Christian has the right to defend himself against another Christian who violently attacks him? You know Satan can just use anyone at anytime.

Now, if your publication says individual self defense is right. Is it not individuals that make up a nation? Why is it that, what is good for an individual is not good for a nation?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200806/When-Is-Self-Defense-Justified/

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33pm On May 12
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind him
Maybe if it was Dangote and his household, it would mean everyone working under Dangote
He is just hilarious walahi talahi! grin
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:37pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Thanks bro. You just gave me a powerful weapon!

Na full link be this....

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g200806/When-Is-Self-Defense-Justified/
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:41pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, the soldiers attached to his house aren't members of his house so they're no part of those who dedicated their lives rather it's his immediate family who shared the same beliefs with him! smiley

Carry your own evidence come. FxMasterz has shown you his

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:41pm On May 12
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:44pm On May 12
FxMasterz:
Maxindhouse
Judging from your own publication (excepts attached), do you think a Christian has the right to defend himself against another Christian who violently attacks him? You know Satan can just use anyone at anytime. Now, if your publication says individual self defense is right. Is it not individuals that make up a nation? Why is it that, what is good for an individual is not good for a nation?

Individuals attack differs from organized armed men receiving orders.

The one ordering them is the culprit not them as they're not acting on personal opinion rather a ruler is ordering them therefore it's the one ordering them that is at fault not those following orders! John 19:11

That's why Jesus was praying for those soldiers maltreating him because they were acting on orders so they can't say NO! Luke 23:34

For your information disciples of Christ can't pick up weapons to go attacking their fellow believers nah who are they obeying if that should happen?

Guy use your brain nah instead of following faithless miscreants gullibly! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 8:48pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

My dear, the Bible says His kinsmen and near friends were in the meeting, and infact they were MANY. The two soldiers who went to call Peter would be there too. You can also be rest assured that Cornelius' friends would be mainly soldiers.

Whether Cornelius was the only soldier or not, at least there was one soldier in that meeting. Did you hear Peter asking anyone to lay his sword aside because he has now become a disciple?

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:49pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

He is just hilarious walahi talahi! grin

He wants to play it down and run.

Your religious organization said they don't know anything else about him after baptism and conversion yet you said he must have dropped his weapon as a soldier.

Your religious publications states all that were with him that mean immediate family in your madness and insanities peddling brains grin grin grin grin

FxMasterz

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:51pm On May 12
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind him

Stupid apostate peddling brains the below is for you...... I know you don't understand your religious publications na la cram la pour grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:55pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

My dear, the Bible says His kinsmen and near friends were in the meeting, and infact they were MANY. The two soldiers who went to call Peter would be there too. You can also be rest assured that Cornelius' friends would be mainly soldiers. Whether Cornelius was the only soldier or not, at least there was one soldier in that meeting. Did you hear Peter asking anyone to lay his sword aside because he has now become a disciple?

Let's not go by assumptions rather what Jesus taught his disciples.

According to Matthew 10:16; 26:52 they are not to force anyone nor raise weapons against anyone even at the detriment of their lives as long as those coming are following orders from a ruler.

So those soldiers with Cornelius aren't the ones who accepted faith in Christ rather it's Cornelius whose act of kindness was accepted by God! Act 10:1-4
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:56pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

The one ordering them is the culprit not them as they're not acting on personal opinion rather a ruler is ordering them therefore it's the one ordering them that is at fault not those following orders! John 19:11

That's why Jesus was praying for those soldiers maltreating him because they were acting on orders so they can't say NO! Luke 23:34

For your information disciples of Christ can't pick up weapons to go attacking their fellow believers nah who are they obeying if that should happen?

Guy use your brain nah instead of following faithless miscreants gullibly! smiley

That's where the madness and insanities peddling brains of the so called ex military intelligence officer is vividly seen. He said...

What about organised attackers? What should government of the day and local leaders do in such case? The government should adopt individual self defense grin grin grin grin

Awon individual attackers. Military intelligence cover don blow today grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 9:01pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

According to Matthew 10:16; 26:52 they are not to force anyone nor raise weapons against anyone even at the detriment of their lives as long as those coming are following orders from a ruler.

So those soldiers with Cornelius aren't the ones who accepted faith in Christ rather it's Cornelius whose act of kindness was accepted by God! Act 10:1-4

Acts 10: 1-4 grin grin grin grin cheesy evidence you have something to hide to avoid your lies and manipulations being blow open. Acts 10 stop for verse 4 grin grin grin grin

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 9:08pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

What's the one ordering them telling them to do? To go defend their lives and that of their loved ones . Meanwhile, the Bible says we should obey all authority because all authority is of God (Romans 13:1+7). Anyone ordering you to defend your life and that of your loved ones is not telling you to do anything evil.

The scripture you quoted in John 19:11 is offboard. Jesus was telling Pilates that he doesn't have the power to free Him. He told Pilate that he can't do it except that power to free Him was given him from heaven. He was telling Pilate that what He was going through cannot be reversed by human efforts . Jesus was not talking about soldiers obeying orders!

No. Jesus told us the reason why He prayed for them. "Father forgive them for they do not know what they're doing ." They didn't know what they were doing, not because they were obeying orders. Your penchant for manipulating scriptures is legendary. You're doing it without shame.

They take up weapons to defend their countries. Not to attack fellow believers. You need to understand the purpose behind every action. To attack an enemy nation. Not to attack fellow believers.

You should open your eyes and use your brains. If you can defend yourself against an attacking fellow believer individually. Why can't you defend yourself against another nation as an army. Have you ever seen nations attacking themselves as believers? A nation is a nation, and a believer is a believer. When there's war, God knows how to protect His children in that war.
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 9:12pm On May 12
achorladey:

Stupid apostate peddling brains the below is for you...... I know you don't understand your religious publications na la cram la pour grin grin grin

I know your envy has clouded your sense
Till you die, envy will still remain deep seated in every cell of your body

You did not read in that same image that said Cornelius was with his relatives and intimate friends
Chief insanity peddler of NL
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

What's the one ordering them telling them to do? To go defend their lives and that of their loved ones.

You're mixing it up now!

Before you said nah them come attack you without you doing anything against them but now you're saying they want to defend their lives and that of their loved ones.

Abeg are you saying by attacking you who never had anything evil against them they are also defending their lives? cheesy
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

What's the one ordering them telling them to do? To go defend their lives and that of their loved ones . Meanwhile, the Bible says we should obey all authority because all authority is of God (Romans 13:1+7). Anyone ordering you to defend your life and that of your loved ones is not telling you to do anything evil.

The scripture you quoted in John 19:11 is offboard. Jesus was telling Pilates that he doesn't have the power to free Him. He told Pilate that he can't do it except that power to free Him was given him from heaven. He was telling Pilate that what He was going through cannot be reversed by human efforts . Jesus was not talking about soldiers obeying orders!

No. Jesus told us the reason why He prayed for them. "Father forgive them for they do not know what they're doing ." They didn't know what they were doing, not because they were obeying orders. Your penchant for manipulating scriptures is legendary. You're doing it without shame.

They take up weapons to defend their countries. Not to attack fellow believers. You need to understand the purpose behind every action. To attack an enemy nation. Not to attack fellow believers.

You should open your eyes and use your brains. If you can defend yourself against an attacking fellow believer individually. Why can't you defend yourself against another nation as an army. Have you ever seen nations attacking themselves as believers? A nation is a nation, and a believer is a believer. When there's war, God knows how to protect His children in that war.

Did Jesus praise Peter when he tried to defend Jesus by cutting off someone's ear?

People that defend their country have never killed a fellow believers in that country
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17pm On May 12
Aemmyjah:

Till you die, envy will still remain deep seated in every cell of your body. You did not read in that same image that said Cornelius was with his relatives and intimate friends

Wetin u love o, wetin i love o
wetin i love i go do am with all my heart o.
Ogogoro no be vodka, Mr money ginger!

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20pm On May 12
Aemmyjah:

Did Jesus praise Peter when he tried to defend Jesus by cutting off someone's ear? People that defend their country have never killed a fellow believers in that country

He's totally confused following faithless miscreants up and down!

Before he said he wants to defend his family but now he said those coming to attack him are also defending their families.

Abeg from who are those coming to attack him defending their lives?

Ọmọ perhaps we've been chatting with some terrorists o! cheesy
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25pm On May 12
Abeg business dey tomorrow jàre!

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 9:25pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

This is Mathew 10:16, 26:52

Can you show.me how this scripture tells you not to.join an army?

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."

So those soldiers with Cornelius aren't the ones who accepted faith
in Christ rather it's Cornelius whose act of kindness was accepted by God! Act 10:1-4

This is the scriptures here:

Acts 10
"44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days."

Does this scripture above tell you that those soldiers in Cornelius' house didn't accept faith in Christ, only Cornelius alone whose alms were accepted before God? Look very well.

Even if it was Cornelius alone who accepted Christ, did Peter ask Cornelius to leave the army because he has accepted Christ?

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 9:26pm On May 12
Aemmyjah:

You did not read in that same image that said Cornelius was with his relatives and intimate friends

Your stupid apostate peddling brains cannot ignore completely since your cover of not understanding English and assumptions and speculation filled doctrines was about to be exposed grin grin grin

I know of stupid apostate peddling brains called Aemmyjah who loves peddling envy about those he called apostates that has clouded his stupid apostate peddling brains

Out of the abundance of the hearts your stupid apostate peddling brains loves peddling death and deep seated envy of every cell in your stupid apostate peddling brains as typed by your fingers about your neighbour. grin grin grin

Now you see relatives and intimate friends na only his immediate family before since you understand English pass us using that your stupid apostate peddling brains grin grin grin grin

MaxInDHouse the madness and insanities peddling brains knows the origin of why he is the peddler of insanity on nairaland. You can join him as chief insanity peddling brains grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 9:28pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Wetin u love o, wetin i love o
wetin i love i go do am with all my heart o.
Ogogoro no be vodka, Mr money ginger!

Madness ans insanities peddling brains ran away from immediate family grin grin grin grin

Another pack of lies and manipulations packed into your brains blown grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Beware: Spacetacular Is Felixomor / Invisible Touches While At Sleep / Deeper Life Easter Retreat Rescheduled For May 13-15

Viewing this topic: achorladey, FxMasterz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.