Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible (10829 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:17pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

So, that's racism to you?
That's not racism. Say something else.
Regarding soldiers. Soldiers represent their countries, not the church. By defending their countries, they defend their families and friends. If there are no soldiers in every country of the world where JW operates, JW wouldn't be able to function. Is JW functioning in Ukraine as we speak? The country was de-militarized like it is in JW doctrines. Russia attacked, and JW ran away. All their members ran away, leaving the country to burn. When the war ends, they would return there to enjoy the victory that other people shed their blood to have. That's wickedness.

What a pity you can't quote Jesus whom you're claiming is your Lord anymore! smiley

Well let me help you out.
We are not in support of any ruler whoever is there is none of our business if Zelensky agree with Putin to take over Ukraine and rule the land nobody will die the only thing there is for the country (Ukraine) to return to Russia as part of that country.
So it's not about the citizens defending anything rather it's the selfish ambitious rulers they're fighting for while killing themselves.

The same thing happened during Jesus' time as his teachings is sinking into the hearts of his people the Pharisees and Sadducees decided to kill him because they felt without soldiers the Roman empire will take over the rulership of their land from them as Jesus is telling their people not to fight against anyone be it friend or foe! John 11:48 smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 3:20pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Ask Jesus that question because he is the one who ordered his disciples to love their enemies not MaxInDhouse {Luke 6:27-28} and warned his disciples never to raise weapons against anyone be it friend or foe! Matthew 26:52

But let me help you a little.

According to Jesus of Nazareth there is no reason for a Christian to defend any place as we are no part of the world that's dragging seats for political reasons {John 17:14} neither are we in support of any human government because our government is not from this source? John 18:36 smiley

He knew that people like you would misinterpret that instruction to love your enemies to mean, do not defend your country, that's why He made such statements as:

"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36

Take note, "if my kingdom is of this world my servants will fight."

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 3:30pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

What a pity you can't quote Jesus whom you're claiming is your Lord anymore! smiley

Well let me help you out.
We are not in support of any ruler whoever is there is none of our business if Zelensky agree with Putin to take over Ukraine and rule the land nobody will die the only thing there is for the country (Ukraine) to return to Russia as part of that country.
So it's not about the citizens defending anything rather it's the selfish ambitious rulers they're fighting for while killing themselves.

The same thing happened during Jesus' time as his teachings is sinking into the hearts of his people the Pharisees and Sadducees decided to kill him because they felt without soldiers the Roman empire will take over the rulership of their land from them as Jesus is telling their people not to fight against anyone be it friend or foe! John 11:48 smiley

That was not what Jesus was saying! If the crusaders and the nations didn't take up sword now, the whole world would have been under Islam! JW organization wouldn't be born. Even Russell s parents would have been Muslims.

It's foolishness to put yourself under the servitude of another for lack of good interpretation of scripture!

You mean if Russia has given Ukraine the condition that All Ukrainians should come out for their eyes to be plucked out as condition for peace, they should just go and lay down their eyes at the feet of the Russians? You guys should reason now!

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:41pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

He knew that people like you would misinterpret that instruction to love your enemies to mean, do not defend your country, that's why He made such statements as:
"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36
"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36
Take note, "if my kingdom is of this world my servants will fight."

Who are his servants that will fight for him anytime he needs soldiers to fight? Matthew 16:27; 25:31 compare to Revelations 19:4

Guy it's the soldiers of his Kingdom that will do the fighting and they are angels not humans as they must not kill any of his disciples.

But your own soldiers are killing their fellow believers yet claiming they are for the same Christ! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 3:44pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Who are his servants that will fight for him anytime he needs soldiers to fight? Matthew 16:27; 25:31 compare to Revelations 19:4

Guy it's the soldiers of his Kingdom that will do the fighting and they are angels not humans as they must not kill any of his disciples.

But your own soldiers are killing their fellow believers yet claiming they are for the same Christ! smiley

That's not the question.

He said "If my Kingdom is of this world". Take note of that.

What would Jesus do, if He were to be the President or King of any nation today? His servants will fight!

Stop asking irrelevant questions.

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

That was not what Jesus was saying! If the crusaders and the nations didn't take up sword now, the whole world would have been under Islam! JW organization wouldn't be born. Even Russell s parents would have been Muslims.
There was no wars in Islam because Muhammad didn't set up to start fighting for his beliefs to be imposed on people rather it's the Roman Catholic Church he met claiming Christians that were forcing their beliefs on people so he has no option than to do the same!
FxMasterz:

It's foolishness to put yourself under the servitude of another for lack of good interpretation of scripture!
You mean if Russia has given Ukraine the condition that All Ukrainians should come out for their eyes to be plucked out as condition for peace, they should just go and lay down their eyes at the feet of the Russians? You guys should reason now!

How can people tell people to come out so their eyes could be plucked out? cheesy
Guy it's just between Zelensky and Putin that's all, both of them are dragging territories then their gullible neighbours are sticking out their necks to die for them while the families of Zelensky and Putin are safe somewhere.
Who born mumu?

So as friends of PEACE we stay away from their struggle whoever is there to rule is none of our business all we need is freedom to continue preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom anywhere we find ourselves! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:55pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

That's not the question.
He said "If my Kingdom is of this world". Take note of that.
So his disciples are citizens of this world's kingdom shey? John 17:14
FxMasterz:

What would Jesus do, if He were to be the President or King of any nation today? His servants will fight!
Stop asking irrelevant questions.

So he will lead the citizen of any nation his disciples will support the killing of their neighbours in another country but what if they have preached and taught citizens of that nations and many have become his disciples there? smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 3:55pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

There was no wars in Islam because Muhammad didn't set up to start fighting for his beliefs to be imposed on people rather it's the Roman Catholic Church he met claiming Christians that were forcing their beliefs on people so he has no option than to do the same!

How can people tell people to come out so their eyes could be plucked out? cheesy
Guy it's just between Zelensky and Putin that's all, both of them are dragging territories then their gullible neighbours are sticking out their necks to die for them while the families of Zelensky and Putin are safe somewhere.
Who born mumu?

So as friends of PEACE we stay away from their struggle whoever is there to rule is none of our business all we need is freedom to continue preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom anywhere we find ourselves! smiley

There were.

Go and read about Ottoman empire. That's not what we're discussing anyway. Just change the topic. Mohammed too fought. He beheaded many Jews for rejecting his prophethood.

Christians never forced their beliefs on people. Go and study honest history. The Roman Catholic enforced her doctrines among her adherents, not on people of other faiths.

I'm not going to allow you turn this to a Zelensky and Putin discussion . Let's focus the topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 3:57pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

So his disciples are citizens of this world's kingdom shey? John 17:14

So he will lead the citizen of any nation his disciples will support the killing of their neighbours in another country but what if they have preached and taught citizens of that nations and many have become his disciples there? smiley

My friend. The answer is absolutely Yes! Jesus said "My servants will fight". It doesn't matter where the servants are from.

What is the war of Armageddon all about? Tell us. Is Armageddon a war between devil and devil?

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

There were.
Go and read about Ottoman empire. That's not what we're discussing anyway. Just change the topic. Mohammed too fought. He beheaded many Jews for rejecting his prophethood.
Christians never forced their beliefs on people. Go and study honest history. The Roman Catholic enforced her doctrines among her adherents, not on people of other faiths.
I'm not going to allow you turn this to a Zelensky and Putin discussion . Let's focus the topic.

Jesus commanded his disciples:

LOVE your neighbours! Mark 12:31
LOVE your fellow believers! John 13:34-35
LOVE and PRAY for your enemies! Luke 6:27-28

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are practicing this globally! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 4:02pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus commanded his disciples:

LOVE your neighbours! Mark 12:31
LOVE your fellow believers! John 13:34-35
LOVE and PRAY for your enemies! Luke 6:27-28

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are practicing this globally! smiley

By not defending their countries?

They're not loving anyone by practicing this foolishness.

Love defends against aggressions. If you love your mother, you won't watch while she's been assaulted until she's killed. Love would move you to defend her.

If you have nothing to defend, it means you have nothing to love. That means you have no love. You only love yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

My friend. The answer is absolutely Yes!
What is the war of Armageddon all about? Tell us. Is Armageddon a war between devil and devil?

Armageddon is a war Jesus will lead his armies in heaven to kill all enemies of Christianity {Revelations 19:14} not so called Christians fighting and killings themselves! wink
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 4:03pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Armageddon is a war Jesus will lead his armies in heaven to kill all enemies of Christianity {Revelations 19:14} not so called Christians fighting and killings themselves! wink

Why would Jesus kill all enemies of Christianity when He said you should love your neighbors as yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

By not defending their countries?

They're not loving anyone by practicing this foolishness.

Love defends against aggressions. If you love your mother, you won't watch while she's been assaulted until she's killed. Love would move you to defend her.

If you have nothing to defend, it means you have nothing to love. That means you have no love. You only love yourself.

Why weren't Jesus' disciples defending their brothers when the Jews were killing them? smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:04pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Why would Jesus kill all enemies of Christianity when He said you should love your neighbors as yourself?
Because the time is up for them to be wiped out of this planet! Luke 19:27
God will not continue to condone their faithlessness forever!smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 4:06pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Why weren't Jesus' disciples defending their brothers when the Jews were killing them? smiley

They won't fight against government. But they'll definitely defend their nations.

Tell us a scripture that says christians shouldn't join the army.

There were soldiers who gave their lives to Christ. They didn't leave the army because of that. Do you know this?

Cornelius was a soldier. Hope you know?

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 4:09pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Why would their time be up to be wiped out? Jesus doesn't want to love His neighbor as Himself anymore? Or what do you mean?

Meanwhile, the time is up for Maxindhouse to be wiped out of this planet, that's why he would fold his arms and watch as a murderer attacks his family.

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

They won't fight against government. But they'll definitely defend their nations.
Tell us a scripture that says christians shouldn't join the army.
There were soldiers who gave their lives to Christ. They didn't leave the army because of that. Do you know this?
Cornelius was a soldier. Hope you know?

Cornelius hasn't been taught what Jesus commanded by the time he was serving as a soldier so after he's been taught what Jesus commanded he must drop that job because he can't be a Christian and at the same time going out to fight and kill his fellow believers due to the command of worldly politicians! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Why would their time be up to be wiped out? Jesus doesn't want to love His neighbor as Himself anymore? Or what do you mean?
Meanwhile, the time is up for Maxindhouse to be wiped out of this planet, that's why he would fold his arms and watch as a murderer attacks his family.

Did you read Luke 19:27?

Who is talking there?
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:08pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

and pray for such enemies. Loool!

You don blow his cover

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:16pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Cornelius hasn't been taught what Jesus commanded by the time he was serving as a soldier so after he's been taught what Jesus commanded he must drop that job because he can't be a Christian and at the same time going out to fight and kill his fellow believers due to the command of worldly politicians! smiley

madness and insanities peddling full your brains. Holy spirit that came upon him cannot teach him. Looool!

FXMasterz don really show you shege today. This thread is now another reference. Do well to read the conversation again and learn then stop peddling madness and insanities.

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:22pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

Did you read Luke 19:27?

Who is talking there?

the same Jesus said love and pray for your enemies. The question was, why was there time up?

Going by your response when the time you give to your enemies is up to do the right thing. You kill them.

The government of the day therefore has right to kill those who refuse to allow them rule over them and using Christians who sign up to join the military is fulfilling their mandate AS GOD'S MINISTERS given the sword to execute vengeance against wrongdoers. Romans 13:1-5 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:27pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

the government of the day should condone lawlessness forever that's why they are wrong in having military formations all over the world for self defense and wait for Jesus to kill his enemies who dont want him to rule over them. See how your covers are blown.

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:30pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

sweet question, Jesus forget he has right to rule over them before saying we should love our enemies even pray for them. You can even see how he is busy twisting the scripture to support their religious doctrine of neutrality

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:37pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

is it the same Jesus that preach neutrality to war and politics that will do so?

The prayer in Matthew 6:13 says deliver us from the wicked one. Does your Jesus answer this prayer now?

But deliver us from the wicked one.” Where a child proves himself loyal under trial, will not a loving earthly father rescue the child from a wicked assailant and oppressor? Yes; and so will the heavenly Father. He will deliver his children from the attacks of the wicked one, Satan the Devil. He will make the way out for them, leading them through the end of this system of things, when he will destroy Satan and his entire wicked organization, into a new world. There they will enjoy forever the blessings of God’s long-prayed-for kingdom.—2 Pet. 3:13.

How does your Jehovah do so now? Using Christendom who are part of the military formations all over the world to accomplish it? grin grin grin
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 7:40pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Lol.

How can Neutrality to war and Neutrality to politics or going from house to house to teach be an indication of doing God's will? What type of reasoning is this? There are countries around the world that are de-militarized, I guess those countries are doing the will of God.

Those guys need prayers.

What made their case laughable is setting standards they don't follow. That reminds me of PHARISEES grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 7:52pm On May 12
MaxInDHouse:

My dear, Cornelius and all the soldiers in his house that day got baptized after Peter preached. Did Peter or anyone ask them to drop their guns because they've now become followers of Christ?

Have you ever read it in the anals of history regarding the early church that the disciples were accused of converting soldiers to Christianity and asking them to lay down their swords? The Roman government would certainly accuse the disciples if such things had been taking place.

There are wicked regimes and wicked people in the world. Jesus Christ taught us to defend against them by asking the disciples to sell their garments and buy swords. Figuratively telling them the importance of self defence. On that particular occasion, He was not expecting them to fight but since He was offering Himself as a sacrifice, He didn't want His disciples to see it as an example for them to always fold their hands whenever their lives are being threatened by a criminal. He was figuratively telling them "I'm doing this because this is my purpose for coming to earth but I'm not saying defending yourself is wrong".

The most profound statement Jesus made was "If my kingdom is of this world, (i.e had it been I'm an earthly king or president) my servants would fight (I'll have a retinue of soldiers who would fight). That's very plain. Stop applying your personal logic to scriptures, and take the word of God as it is. All these gymnastics don't pay you.

Now, there are criminal nations who just want to wipe off everybody and take over resources. They must be resisted. If Israel was a JW country, the nation would have been wiped out by now. Just imagine that everyone in Israel is a JW. By now, the nation would no longer exist. They're existing because of self defence. And God is helping them against their enemies. Is God unjust for helping them against their enemies?

When there are wars between 2 countries, it is true that Christians within both countries would fight themselves as soldiers. They're representing their countries and not Christianity. By defending their countries, they're doing the will of God. God knows how to protect His children in such battles, no matter where they belong. All children of God who are soldiers in both warring nations would have God's attention.

God Himself is a Mighty Warrior. He is also a wise God. He knows how to defend His children in the day of battle.
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 7:56pm On May 12
achorladey:

What made their case laughable is setting standards they don't follow. That reminds me of PHARISEES grin grin grin grin

Gbam!

They're Pharisees!

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by FxMasterz: 7:58pm On May 12
achorladey:

sweet question, Jesus forget he has right to rule over them before saying we should love our enemies even pray for them. You can even see how he is busy twisting the scripture to support their religious doctrine of neutrality

Why wouldn't he twist scriptures. He's following the examples of his
leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:00pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Gbam!

They're Pharisees!

He is accusing others as racist. In their religious denominations you see war in the congregation where an igbo family is against their son/daughter marry another yoruba family son/daughter despite being Jehovah’s witnesses telling us they have love amongst themselves grin grin grin

What they exhibit on the outside is different from what they show on the inside. Na person wey look closely go sabi.

1 Like

Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

My dear, Cornelius and all the soldiers in his house that day got baptized after Peter preached.

Sorry you missed the understanding of what is highlighted!

Cornelius and his household differs from all his soldiers.

Soldiers attached to each centurion back then are mostly about 100 men they weren't the ones putting faith in God rather it's Cornelius and his immediate family so it's not soldiers in his house that the Bible was referring to! smiley
Re: Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible by achorladey: 8:02pm On May 12
FxMasterz:

Why wouldn't he twist scriptures. He's following the examples of his
leaders.

Definitely grin grin grin

Those your question kept him on the backfoot and I don't think he realises the exposure that has given to the lies and manipulations of their beliefs about politics and war.

Jesus forget he will still kill his enemies who don't want him to rule over them yet says they should love their enemies like themselves and pray for the same enemies. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. / *****the Dangers Of Premarital Sex ***** / Why Faith Is Delusional

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.