Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North (48326 Views)

The N1000 Local Food Vs The N2000 Eatry Fast Food / See The Food I Bought For Just Hundred Naira At A Food Canteen / What You Need To Step Up Your Restaurant/food Canteen Is This Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Enemyofpeace: 8:28pm On May 15
All the cooked foods look like sacrifices for amadioha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Treasure17(m): 8:28pm On May 15
With 500 you are good to go here. Not in Lagos where you have to spend 5k grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by ClearFlair: 8:29pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.

Hallucinations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by OredoPikin: 8:30pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Please can u help supply the yam?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Chaolin: 8:31pm On May 15
Am from East too anambra state was born in the north kaduna my mum run a restaurant before relocating to onitsha, young blood there is no any high cost of living in East life is sweet in the east anything you touch turn gold in East not like north where there are a lot of primitive people
So stop posting nonsense go to East and stay to see before bandits will kill and kidnap you and your family mtcheew

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by mafmag(m): 8:31pm On May 15
The high cost of living in the south, especially Lagos is courtesy the high levied taxes by Tinubu and his urchins. A state sabotaged to make believe Lagos is a survival of the fittest!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by olaniyilukman(m): 8:33pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.
I swear, easterners are not greedy, please come to the west to feel the heat... You will be shock if you see the level of greediness in human...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by wman(m): 8:34pm On May 15
You must understand that the cost of transportation of food from the North and Middle Belt to the South. Plus those thugs, Union dues, then police etc. Not to talk of insecurity too.

Those things add up.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by SoNature(m): 8:35pm On May 15
There's nothing wrong with the prices of things in the South. Southern Nigeria is extremely enterprising and understands the value for goods and services (industry). Nobody deserves to be poor. Everyone deserves to be well paid for whatever they produce or sell.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by onadana: 8:36pm On May 15
We call the North Home. grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Chaolin: 8:36pm On May 15
austine4real:
Which location in Niger state

In a very remote village where everybody there are villager

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by HardBishop: 8:38pm On May 15
My people greedy... No be small..

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by porthouse7(f): 8:39pm On May 15
If no for insecurity, some people for don run go North

4 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by KayB: 8:40pm On May 15
I hope they have a rethink. I have seen alot of unimaginable things Igbos do to themselves and you see them justify these horrible actions, Ladipo market is an example so it doesn't surprise me when they do it to outsiders

6 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by theamazonguru(m): 8:42pm On May 15
RPG2020:
Can we do business inbox me if you the kind that fear God that yam is cheap let's do business

Na transport go kill the whole thing.
By the time you add transport fare, the price will be above the roof.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by ufotunang: 8:42pm On May 15
In the north they go into large scale commercialized farming and mechanized farming... that is why there is abundant food and foodstuffs cheap

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Klington: 8:42pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly

I don't know if you're intentionally d@ft that you think that everybody from your region is "selfish and greedy".

Maybe you should try bringing some of these cheap food items from Niger state down to the SE then you will know if your people are actually "selfish and greedy" as you're meant to believe or you're the one with incomplete knowledge, selfish and stvpid.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by fadilaMaikiriki: 8:42pm On May 15
I'm currently jobless. So, I've decided to be selling meat. So that I can at least be busy. How do you all see it? I hope you all would patronize me when I finally start? I would really appreciate it. At least so that I can be seeing small small money that I can be using to get .k.m., fruits, and other things. I need your opinions/suggestions please.

Thanks!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by phemmie06(m): 8:43pm On May 15
Privatepart00:
shocked shocked shocked

There’s no onugbu soup or oha soup?

Not even groundnut or white soup?

I guess you read where the canteen dey, she even said local canteen for that region, who are you expecting to be her customers?
You can help to introduce that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by dangermouse(m): 8:43pm On May 15
They produce more food up North and that is why food stuffs are comparably cheaper in the North.

The food stuffs are transported up South and the cost of petrol/diesel makes makes the foodstuffs more expensive. For those you you complaining about South east being greedy. It is not so. I have lived in both Northv( kaduna, Jos, Nasssrawa, Abuja) Southeast ( Enugu, Anambra, Imo), South west ( lbadan and lagos) and Southsouth ( portharcourt and Bayelsa). North produces more food and there is no money there compared to the southern region. Most Of the food in the South are sourced from the North. So it is natural that food stuffs be more expensive up South.

15 years ago, that yam the op posted here in not up to 300 naira in Wasa, Nasarawa state or in Gwantu, kaduna state not to talk about Jos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by fadilaMaikiriki: 8:45pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
6. This akamu(pap) was bought for #100
Wait! You mean this right here is#100? Are you serious? Please, what location is that? I like pap a lot. This one right here is so cheap compared to the one I get here for the same amount.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 8:45pm On May 15
olaniyilukman:
I swear, easterners are not greedy, please come to the west to feel the heat... You will be shock if you see the level of greediness in human...
set lagos aside.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:46pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
5. This oranges is bought for #150

Oga, don't ridicule Southeast if you don't know what to type...

I didn't see much price difference between what you posted and what is sold here...

Where I stay in the Southeast, in the same street, you will get a plate of fufu for 500/800/1000/1800/2500/3000. It depends on your pocket etc. Can you compare this soup here to the soup Rolex, Apama and Co post in their skits?

I bought yam two weeks ago and shared with my parents. 20 tubers I got was at a price of 11700 and it is this size. We got it from Oye Ogwu. You can get it for same price too at Ose here...etc

Yeah, water is 300 per bag and I got a set of 10 bags for 3k. It is sold 2 for 50 which is 25 per satchet.

In all, the margin isn't substantial from what's there up North...so stop saying trash about home

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by BarrElChapo(m): 8:46pm On May 15
Nawa o..

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by fadilaMaikiriki: 8:46pm On May 15
Treasure17:
With 500 you are good to go here. Not in Lagos where you have to spend 5k grin
Please, are you also in Niger state?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Evans20: 8:46pm On May 15
U just started business today u want to buy benz and be a millionaire today, u don chop bellefull u come increase price of food, u are stepping on people to grow food supposed to be one of the most affordable things, with 2Ghana cedis u can eat good food, but somethings are a bit cheaper in the north maybe because many people farm to eat

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 8:47pm On May 15
ClearFlair:

Hallucinations
Keep supporting nonsense, while you live on a 1 square meal. to promote people who don't care if you still exist.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by soccerlite: 8:47pm On May 15
North is a major food basket so food should be alittle cheap, logistics cost and middle men contribute to high prices.

How many varieties of food is majorly produced in South

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Teenaira: 8:47pm On May 15
Privatepart00:
shocked shocked shocked

There’s no onugbu soup or oha soup?

Not even groundnut or white soup?

This man, you too like enjoyment. That is the real problem. Look as you dey mention the soups one by one. If one is fasting, he can mistakenly break the fast.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Beautifulday: 8:48pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
5. This oranges is bought for #150

It is northerners that sell yam and orange down here. It is them that sell at high price. Things are high down here because of the cost of logistics (transportation etc)
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Aurelius1(m): 8:48pm On May 15
merits:

A bag of sachet water not bad of sachet water.
You ought to know that it's typographical error.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Monitor Lizard In Borno For Pepper Soup (Photos) / Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.