Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,254 members, 7,849,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North (48316 Views)

The N1000 Local Food Vs The N2000 Eatry Fast Food / See The Food I Bought For Just Hundred Naira At A Food Canteen / What You Need To Step Up Your Restaurant/food Canteen Is This Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Lumig: 9:14pm On May 15
God bless you for exposing our wickedness towards our fellows in the south and turn back to blame the government as usual.
We weep so much, whereas we are the ones "pinching" ourselves. Wicked people
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by edogu(m): 9:19pm On May 15
To an extent the Op is right.
First, he's wrong because the cost of transporting goods especially food stuff from North to South is quite expensive excluding other things like extortion from security men plus agricultural levies coming from various states.

Secondly, you are right in the sense that some of these cost are self- inflicted. For instance, a satchet of water is sold 8 for 200 naira in Akwa Ibom. In Umuahia, it's two 100 or 3 for 150.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Lumig: 9:19pm On May 15
IkeGod9891:
Am relocating there tomorrow.
Please don't go there and pollute their minds with your greedy mindset.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Hueyreckless0007: 9:21pm On May 15
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Gmajor(m): 9:24pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
A bad of sachet water here is #250

So how come a bag of water is almost double this amount in the south?
Hueyreckless0007:
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Cti28(m): 9:24pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

Too bad....and we claim that we're wiser than them, yet we make things harder for ourselves.
Only "wise"(crafty) when it comes to cheating
and ripping people off.

They are quick to call the Hausas fool, and not realizing the Hausas are far wiser than them.

Things are cheap in the North, due to the absence of unnecessary competition. And Northerners are contented with whatever they have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:24pm On May 15
Lumig:
God bless you for exposing our wickedness towards our fellows in the south and turn back to blame the government as usual.
We weep so much, whereas we are the ones "pinching" ourselves. Wicked people
Most of the pains there seems to me like a self inflicted pains against one another.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Gmajor(m): 9:24pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.

Why single out south easterners?
The same applies in most southern states too
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by abibun: 9:27pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
7. This food here is #300 fufu, #200 cow meat Total #500
I disagree on this, except if its two masara
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:28pm On May 15
Gmajor:

So how come a bag of water is almost double this amount in the south?
I so much wonder about this, because even if water should be scarce, I think it should be in the north where it's more needed to dig or drill deeper than the south with much available water bodies, hence no need to dig deeper compared to the north. So I feel it should be more cheaper in the south

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:29pm On May 15
abibun:
I disagree on this, except if its two masara
You have to agree with me sir, that's my mom's shop....

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by careidon: 9:33pm On May 15
Op is partially right

When are we going to fight the unions, touts and Police on our roads?
When are we going to work on cheaper transportation?
The middlemen greed part...is also on us all

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Cti28(m): 9:33pm On May 15
Gmajor:

Why single out south easterners?
The same applies in most southern states too

Igbos are worst. Mind you I am from Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by maiunguwar: 9:34pm On May 15
NAC1666:

Listen to your self. From the way you talk,you might be 18+. Most of the food eaten in the south comes from the north. Do you know the cost of transportation from north to east?.do you know the tax collected on the road before this goods get to the east?
Do you know red oil and other commodity produced in the south are expensive in the north?. Probably you don't know anything about inter state trading.
The OP is an idiot
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Allisgud: 9:40pm On May 15
Coolsat:
Thank God you said claim because there has never been anytime you guys proves wiser.
theirs is a difference btw being wise and being a cheat in the name of bizness

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by maiunguwar: 9:42pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

You have to agree with me sir, that's my mom's shop....
Then, the quality of the food your mom sell to the members of the public is very poor, I for one can't eat such rubbish
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by udomonday: 9:46pm On May 15
Egusi soup that looks,like small pikin shit.abeg let me be eating my egusi where iam.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by correctguy101(m): 9:47pm On May 15
RPG2020:
Can we do business inbox me if you the kind that fear God that yam is cheap let's do business

Fear man too o ....

E get why...shocked
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by PlsStayAlive: 9:49pm On May 15
OfeAchi:
These food items and the food are cheap cos their quality is low. I can bet you $100 that the nutrients composition of those food are less than standard dietary requirements.
Feel better by thinking that, poor lil you 😂😂🤭
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Bluntemperor: 9:51pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!
I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.
I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.
Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland
If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.
Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly

You have said it-' greediness and selfishness 'and the- Southerners claim they know all!
For instance, elections Campaigns are over,but LP and their ego boosters are tagging everything election.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:51pm On May 15
maiunguwar:
Then, the quality of the food your mom sell to the members of the public is very poor, I for one can't eat such rubbish
my mom's means of feeding and sustaining us rubbish? God bless you sir. I wish you just scrolled up without commenting
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by countryman13: 9:54pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Which part of Niger? Be specific pls!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by countryman13: 10:01pm On May 15
wman:
You must understand that the cost of transportation of food from the North and Middle Belt to the South. Plus those thugs, Union dues, then police etc. Not to talk of insecurity too.

Those things add up.
D guy dey play!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by zumbigbo(m): 10:02pm On May 15
[quote author=Rejouir post=129973073]Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.[/quot

Lol...the rate of fraud, child rape, ritual killings, child abductions done by the ungreedy, virtous sections of Nigeria must all be tales by moonlight cheesy grin
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 10:04pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

Many things.... pepper, soy beans, millet, maize, guinea corn, goats, onions, rice, beans, cows and many more sir
How many people dey patronize dem?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Coolgent(m): 10:05pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

Yam is cheap only in Niger, I bought two pieces yesterday in Kaduna at the cost of 6k after minutes of bargaining
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 10:07pm On May 15
Obiedun:
Before nko? Here money has become their god.
How many people dey patronize dem over there?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by countryman13: 10:08pm On May 15
abba190:
that rice is 200 here in kano
Except na Garogaro! Because u cant get it at dt price in places like Nomansland, Sarki yaki etc
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 10:09pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.
How many people dey patronize dem?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by ManishSmith(m): 10:09pm On May 15
Most of you shallow mind just come online and type any trash that comes into your head, first of all Niger state has one of the biggest land mass in Nigeria and one northern state is almost 5 times an eastern state. Let me educate you on the basic agricultural science there are two types of farming we have commercial and subsistence farming, basically what they practice in the northern part of Nigeria is commercial farming.

Now why things are expensive down here like you rightly pointed banditry and insurgents have ravaged most of the northern part so most businessmen take the risk to come and purchase these items, then while transporting there are police to settle on the highway, while still transporting it there is the bad road to beat. If you are a businesswoman what will you do? Will you exclude logistics and other expenses you incurred while transporting and just sell at the cost price?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by abba190: 10:11pm On May 15
countryman13:

Except na Garogaro! Because u cant get it at dt price in places like Nomansland, Sarki yaki etc
true, but in areas like yankaba u can get it

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by shortgun(m): 10:17pm On May 15
There are places in the east where you will buy something close to that concoction you called food for less than 300 a plate but only students and some apprentice will eat that rubbish in the East. Nobody will buy that concoction from you in the east aside students

Go to ESUT back gate in Enugu you will find more than 30 women selling something close every evening and it's less than 300 naira a plate.
Oga try dey travel and stop being a nuisance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Monitor Lizard In Borno For Pepper Soup (Photos) / Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.