Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,568 members, 7,850,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North (48328 Views)

The N1000 Local Food Vs The N2000 Eatry Fast Food / See The Food I Bought For Just Hundred Naira At A Food Canteen / What You Need To Step Up Your Restaurant/food Canteen Is This Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Oizee(f): 8:49pm On May 15
jubrilELsudan:
AS E BE SO NA TO DEY ENTER TRAIN FROM LAGOS CUM YA MAMA CANTEEN CUM CHOP EVERY DAY SO OOOOO
lol, very funny
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Edzy: 8:49pm On May 15
OfeAchi:
These food items and the food are cheap cos their quality is low. I can bet you $100 that the nutrients composition of those food are less than standard dietary requirements.

This one don't want to hear anything good coming out of the north

4 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by MEEVEET: 8:51pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

Too bad....and we claim that we're wiser than them, yet we make things harder for ourselves.
When you come to the east do you count the checkpoints?

Now for trucks they charge 2000 each now so the maths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by NAC1666: 8:52pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Listen to your self. From the way you talk,you might be 18+. Most of the food eaten in the south comes from the north. Do you know the cost of transportation from north to east?.do you know the tax collected on the road before this goods get to the east?
Do you know red oil and other commodity produced in the south are expensive in the north?. Probably you don't know anything about inter state trading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by ezewealth(m): 8:52pm On May 15
Oga, cost of living in the east is high, average house rent in average brow area is 500 to 600k
If you want quality education for your kids it will cost you, clothing and other thing. Y wouldn't eastern state be costly, you think everybody is a politician.
Can u compare the cost of living in London or Liverpool to Sunderland. Or California to Detroit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by patrickcollins: 8:53pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Especially greed, southeasterners are too greedy, very greedy people.
Shatap their other southern regions that things are more expensive than in SouthEast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by theredaddy: 8:54pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

Too bad....and we claim that we're wiser than them, yet we make things harder for ourselves.

Cost or standard of living does not negate who is wiser,
One thing you fail to put into cognizance is that North are more into farming than west, almost every family in North are into farming or rearing of animal .. mass pdoduction in the North is what makes food cheaper

But coming to west, agriculture/farming is not something of pride, we have few people vested in farming and majority of the big scale farmer in the west prefer to export

With minimal farming in the West we are left at the mercy of the North who are now woke that the West has money to lavish on, when you factor in transportation + security extortion costs, you realize why cheap foodstuff from the North arrives expensive down in the west

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by MOG6670(m): 8:55pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
5. This oranges is bought for #150
so u consider this orange as cheap @150. Come to my site adamawa, na #100

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by patrickcollins: 8:56pm On May 15
Rejouir:
Shatap their other southern regions that things are more expensive than in SouthEast. But your lots want to monopolize everything about Government in Nigeria tell me what you call that, is insatiable or what ever you call it

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Forumobserver12(m): 8:58pm On May 15
Rejouir:

Are the southeasterners responsible for the high cost of food stocks in places like Lagos too? These things are grown in the north and such it's expected to be cheaper over there..

Do you know how much it cost to transport this things from North to Southern Nigeria including the money our security men extort from them before the goods arrived there final destinations ?

It's easy for some of you guys to seat at the comfort of your homs to blame others for what you know nothing about...

Are you aware that locally produced rice are cheaper in the South east than places like Lagos? Have you asked yourself why?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 8:59pm On May 15
Chaolin:

In a very remote village where everybody there are villager

The same mentality about an average Southerner towards the north. We can do better. We need to get rid of this stereotype and view about the north.

My dear, not everyone in the north is a villager, and not every place in the north is a village.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Odiriance4all(m): 8:59pm On May 15
THIS JUNKS YOU UPLOADED are what you call food? cannot even eat those things for free.
the north have food stuffs but they dont know how to use them cook good foods. the days i visited kaduna i coudnt eat throughout my stays. only fed on gala due to their bad cooking
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by digitalman2811(m): 8:59pm On May 15
Cost of transporting food items largely produced in the North to the east is very high.transporters transfers the cost incurred to the consumers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Harddiskng(m): 9:00pm On May 15
Catalysttt:

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

@TheBolded is the Definition of an average Nigerian in a nut shell.

We will continue to experience food inflation till end of this year.

Some mumu will keep shouting Tinubu. Wetin Tinubu do, Nigerians are so greedy that Government needed to deploy taskforce to enforce prices in Supermarkets. Gone are the days N50, N100 gain on a consumable is enough.

P.S: as i was typing this I got an email notification from Nairametric lol.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by agadez007(m): 9:00pm On May 15
@Op,since you are not greedy and selfish like Igbo people,why don’t you get a truck and imports these goods down south and sell them for kobo kobo,holy Angel micheal
You are comparing costs of goods where it’s produced with the price of where is will be transported to
Do you know most of these cloths we buy expensive here are made for less than 3000 naira in China,and shipping costs and customs are what makes all these goods expensive
Do you know that iPhones are made in China for less than 50 dollars,check how much it’s sold worldwide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:02pm On May 15
Ade2024:

How many things dem dey buy for there?
Many things.... pepper, soy beans, millet, maize, guinea corn, goats, onions, rice, beans, cows and many more sir

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by cezarman(m): 9:02pm On May 15
Menclothing1:
You can still eat with 600 in lagos mainland
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira

You're kiddin right?

Fufu wey be like small egg for here shocked... 6h food is nothing where I stay in Lagos... Infact, almost everywhere in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Logins2125: 9:05pm On May 15
You can start your family there since you're poor to stay there ewu
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by agadez007(m): 9:05pm On May 15
Menclothing1:
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira
Thats Yoruba food
They don’t use much ingredients to make their stews sorry soups
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:05pm On May 15
Privatepart00:
shocked shocked shocked

There’s no onugbu soup or oha soup?

Not even groundnut or white soup?

We have oha soup, bitter leaf(onugbu) soup, white soup(ofe Nsala) too....but sometimes it depends on the days and the need or demand by customers as there are so many Igbo people doing business here too!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by donmik: 9:05pm On May 15
Averagely, foods in Lagos is not higher in cost than the North o.

The problem of Lagos is the accommodation and TP

I have lived in the North, central region, and the west
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by tivta(m): 9:06pm On May 15
Price difference is not that much
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Arostar2023: 9:06pm On May 15
wman:
You must understand that the cost of transportation of food from the North and Middle Belt to the South. Plus those thugs, Union dues, then police etc. Not to talk of insecurity too.

Those things add up.

The OP must be a child to be making such comparison. Let him tell us the price of palm oil in the north vs the south. Perhaps that will answer his question.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:07pm On May 15
RPG2020:
Can we do business inbox me if you the kind that fear God that yam is cheap let's do business
Sorry, I don't think I can help you in this regard! I don't want to be responsible for anybody's woes or business misfortunes.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Kreddy: 9:09pm On May 15
Catalysttt:
6. This akamu(pap) was bought for #100

Alae this one na lie,the pap that I bought 500 big small pass the smallest one there
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:09pm On May 15
IkeGod9891:
Chose btw terrorist n high cost of living
Please do note that, not every part of the north is ravaged by terrorism. God is giving us peace in my metropolis!

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:10pm On May 15
OfeAchi:
These food items and the food are cheap cos their quality is low. I can bet you $100 that the nutrients composition of those food are less than standard dietary requirements.
Okay if you think so....
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by TechCapon(m): 9:11pm On May 15
Menclothing1:
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira
you can't try it on the island
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by abba190: 9:11pm On May 15
that rice is 200 here in kano
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:12pm On May 15
Enemyofpeace:
All the cooked foods look like sacrifices for amadioha
Okay sir..... we're trusting God for advancement. We'll be more standard than this one day.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by alizma: 9:13pm On May 15
MARKone:
What!!! shocked

A tuber if this type of yam down here is 2k for each and at the end, e go get one kind nonsense taste
Exactly my thought, what a contract, those yam are less than ₦ 500 each
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Catalysttt: 9:13pm On May 15
wman:
You must understand that the cost of transportation of food from the North and Middle Belt to the South. Plus those thugs, Union dues, then police etc. Not to talk of insecurity too.

Those things add up.

True.... but why so much thuggery and extortions from motorist in the south?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Monitor Lizard In Borno For Pepper Soup (Photos) / Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.