Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North (48340 Views)

The N1000 Local Food Vs The N2000 Eatry Fast Food / See The Food I Bought For Just Hundred Naira At A Food Canteen / What You Need To Step Up Your Restaurant/food Canteen Is This Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Belurved1(m): 8:32am On May 16
Na ghost meat be that.
Menclothing1:
You can still eat with 600 in lagos mainland
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Love800(m): 8:37am On May 16
You stay in ghana?
Evans20:
U just started business today u want to buy benz and be a millionaire today, u don chop bellefull u come increase price of food, u are stepping on people to grow food supposed to be one of the most affordable things, with 2Ghana cedis u can eat good food, but somethings are a bit cheaper in the north maybe because many people farm to eat
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Bambela(m): 8:37am On May 16
Catalysttt:

Too bad....and we claim that we're wiser than them, yet we make things harder for ourselves.
why not say "and I claim I am wiser than them?" Don't generalize your personal presumption.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Johncuppa(m): 8:46am On May 16
Menclothing1:
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira
God bless you bro.
Where is the cheapness?
Infact, food canteen still sells #100 fufu in Lagos, at least in my area
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:00am On May 16
civilserva:

They are so greedy to the extent they looted Nigeria wealth dry. They are the ones who looted Nigeria Treasury and converted the local currency to dollar thereby clashing the naira. They are the ones responsible for high fuel cost in Nigeria. They wrecked the economy where the end result is the massive migration of people to foreign country.
Are you sure you are okay . How does your comment relate with my opinion about what Op said undecided. Most of you on this forum are not mentally okay at all. Who determines dollar rate, who i influences he same dollar isn't it the BDC which are mostly northerners. Guy desist from my post..
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:02am On May 16
stuffs2002:

That is why I avoid them like a plague.
You want to avoid who feeds your father. You don't have shame sha. Keep supporting tinubu. While in anguish. I am very sure you can't afford a flat bedroom. My opinion wasn't out of bitterness.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:04am On May 16
Ade2024:

How many people dey patronize dem?
This doesn't matter, my point is that southeastern are too money conscious.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:07am On May 16
Gmajor:

Why single out south easterners?
The same applies in most southern states too
they learnt from the southeasterners.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:09am On May 16
[quote author=zumbigbo post=129974795][/quote] i mentioned greed in food production, in particular i didn't say kidnapping and the others you mentioned. That's a different conversation entirely.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Rejouir: 9:16am On May 16
Forumobserver12:

Are the southeasterners responsible for the high cost of food stocks in places like Lagos too? These things are grown in the north and such it's expected to be cheaper over there..

Do you know how much it cost to transport this things from North to Southern Nigeria including the money our security men extort from them before the goods arrived there final destinations ?

It's easy for some of you guys to seat at the comfort of your homs to blame others for what you know nothing about...

Are you aware that locally produced rice are cheaper in the South east than places like Lagos? Have you asked yourself why?
Southeasterners control 70% of the market in lagos, across all sectors. Remove foreign investors. So clearly southeastern determine market value. If the southerners decides to drop prices. Others would automatically do the same. But if other regions drop theirs. The southerners would still sell even if it's at a high price, because most of these other regions source goods from south easterners. And these southeastern have goods flooded in the market. South eastern determine prices. Do you know how many successful manufacturing companies owned by the southerners are in lagos. Most companies owned by other indigenous regions within food production are not as successful as the easterners.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Gmajor(m): 9:20am On May 16
Rejouir:
they learnt from the southeasterners.
OK.
At least you said that they're sheep
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by karimbenz(m): 9:34am On May 16
Menclothing1:
2 fufu 400
Meat or Ponmo 100
2 water 50 naira
Two fufu raise to power of 4 okele
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:00am On May 16
stuffs2002:

Cannibalism wey be like epidemic for south east.

We heard they sometimes refused to bury their dead and would rather eat the dead body..

Very disgusting lot

Keep deceiving yourselves. None of that is in the east
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Loraous(f): 10:18am On May 16
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.
The way I shouted when I saw the yam ehn....it is well

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Barteze: 11:19am On May 16
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Which part of Niger are you at? I grew up at Mokwa.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Dedan112(m): 2:13pm On May 16
Please can I have a talk with you...
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Dedan112(m): 2:16pm On May 16
[quote author=Catalysttt post=129968278]Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

Please can I have a talk with you...
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by YoshihideSuga: 2:55pm On May 16
Cti28:

Only "wise"(crafty) when it comes to cheating
and ripping people off.

They are quick to call the Hausas fool, and not realizing the Hausas are far wiser than them.

Things are cheap in the North, due to the absence of unnecessary competition. And Northerners are contented with whatever they have.

Competition brings out the best in human beings. You're just looking for ways to belittle Igbos.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by YoshihideSuga: 2:59pm On May 16
Onuh211:
People can lie shaaa, I live in Minna, Niger State. Believe me the prices of goods here are astronomical.

What does Catalysttt have to say about this?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by fineberry(m): 4:55pm On May 16
We're our own problem. If you come to Ilaro (YEWA OGUN state ) you won't believe how expensive things are. My sister served in the North, Kano state to be precise we all heard her gist when she returned na.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Cti28(m): 5:14pm On May 16
YoshihideSuga:

Competition brings out the best in human beings. You're just looking for ways to belittle Igbos.

I am not belittling the Igbos, I am also one. Competition is good, but that exhibited by the Igbos, is an unhealthy one.

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 5:59pm On May 16
Rejouir:
Do you what they contribute to the economy?
Without them,how will the economy survive?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:01pm On May 16
Cti28:

I am not belittling the Igbos, I am also one. Competition is good, but that exhibited by the Igbos, is an unhealthy one.
Which one is unhealthy?
Do you know how much they contribute to the economy?
You guys should mind your words
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:04pm On May 16
Obiedun:
so people don't eat in the north? Here you have made money your God. Imagine people producing fake and adulterated drugs and food all because of money
That one is lie
Do you how much they contribute to the economy?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:05pm On May 16
Catalysttt:

Many people sir, people from akwa ibom, Anambra, Enugu, portharcourt, Delta, imo, calabar, Abuja, ebonyu, bayelsa, sokoto, kastina, yobe, Lagos and many more states do come over here to buy things...

They load in trailers to their regions
That one is lie
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:13pm On May 16
Cti28:

Only "wise"(crafty) when it comes to cheating
and ripping people off.

They are quick to call the Hausas fool, and not realizing the Hausas are far wiser than them.

Things are cheap in the North, due to the absence of unnecessary competition. And Northerners are contented with whatever they have.
Which competition?
That is why nigeria is not a production country
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:14pm On May 16
stuffs2002:

That is why I avoid them like a plague.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:15pm On May 16
stuffs2002:

Cannibalism wey be like epidemic for south east.

We heard they sometimes refused to bury their dead and would rather eat the dead body..

Very disgusting lot
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:17pm On May 16
Lumig:
God bless you for exposing our wickedness towards our fellows in the south and turn back to blame the government as usual.
We weep so much, whereas we are the ones "pinching" ourselves. Wicked people
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:40pm On May 16
MaziObinnaokija:
cool @ Op,u are so on point.If NOT for TERRORISTS, BANDITS, HEAT,MOSQUITOES. You'll enjoy the NORTH.Good Road, electricity, food.

We are our own enemies in Nigeria. I bought 10 plastic bottles of Pepsi yesterday @ 3000k,last week @ 260.Today,it is 320..U begin to wonder wetin consign fufu and Dollars. E go better
That is a lie
What are they contributing to the economy?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 6:43pm On May 16
Rejouir:
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by MaziObinnaokija: 8:23pm On May 16
Ade2024:

That is a lie
What are they contributing to the economy?
Leave ur comfy and travel.Northern state Governors are doing wonders in infrastructures. They have the best road network in Nig.Some Corps members posted to UP North still reside there after their service. It's in SE/SW,SS mallams selling 🌶 🫑, 🧅 dey separate them.U pay 500,them go gather all the stuff together for u.U can cook pot of 🍲 🍜 with 1500😀 ..The only problem is bandits, terrorists,.Minus that,NORTH NIS SWEET. No Stress/waking up at 3AM and go yo work at 4 to beat traffic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Monitor Lizard In Borno For Pepper Soup (Photos) / Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.