Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North (48368 Views)

The N1000 Local Food Vs The N2000 Eatry Fast Food / See The Food I Bought For Just Hundred Naira At A Food Canteen / What You Need To Step Up Your Restaurant/food Canteen Is This Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Ade2024: 8:39pm On May 16
MaziObinnaokija:
Leave ur comfy and travel.Northern state Governors are doing wonders in infrastructures. They have the best road network in Nig.Some Corps members posted to UP North still reside there after their service. It's in SE/SW,SS mallams selling 🌶 🫑, 🧅 dey separate them.U pay 500,them go gather all the stuff together for u.U can cook pot of 🍲 🍜 with 1500😀 ..The only problem is bandits, terrorists,.Minus that,NORTH NIS SWEET. No Stress/waking up at 3AM and go yo work at 4 to beat traffic
They don't contribute to the economy
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by MaziObinnaokija: 8:46pm On May 16
Ade2024:

They don't contribute to the economy
weti. U Contribute? Wahala grin sad undecided grin
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by austine4real(m): 7:54am On May 17
Chaolin:

In a very remote village where everybody there are villager

Toh ba komi
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by eleniyan2020: 8:53am On May 17
SoNature:
There's nothing wrong with the prices of things in the South. Southern Nigeria is extremely enterprising and understands the value for goods and services (industry). Nobody deserves to be poor. Everyone deserves to be well paid for whatever they produce or sell.
everyone there is rich i think...remove yahoo from livelihood in south!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by eleniyan2020: 8:57am On May 17
dangermouse:
They produce more food up North and that is why food stuffs are comparably cheaper in the North.

The food stuffs are transported up South and the cost of petrol/diesel makes makes the foodstuffs more expensive. For those you you complaining about South east being greedy. It is not so. I have lived in both Northv( kaduna, Jos, Nasssrawa, Abuja) Southeast ( Enugu, Anambra, Imo), South west ( lbadan and lagos) and Southsouth ( portharcourt and Bayelsa). North produces more food and there is no money there compared to the southern region. Most Of the food in the South are sourced from the North. So it is natural that food stuffs be more expensive up South.

15 years ago, that yam the op posted here in not up to 300 naira in Wasa, Nasarawa state or in Gwantu, kaduna state.
lol there is no money there,isn't that funny...you can't compared a region of yahoo enterprises with normal working region!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by dangermouse(m): 9:01am On May 17
eleniyan2020:
lol there is no money there,isn't that funny...you can't compared a region of yahoo enterprises with normal working region!

You are misquoting me.

I never said there is no money there!

I said there is more money in the South than North.

How much are government teachers paid up North compared to the south?

How much is a local government staff paid up North compared to the South?

How much is house rent up North compared to South?
The South has more purchasing power than the North andcit is a fact. Reason why things are cheaper over there plus the fact they produce nore agriculture wise.

The Northerners are mostly farmers which is good and they have plenty expanses of lands too.

Stop making everything political.

I love the North more than the South if not for the religious crisis prevalent up there.

Yahoo boys no dey North? Dem full for North!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Sleekfingers: 1:38pm On May 17
Poverty canteen
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Baolak(m): 2:21pm On May 17
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Please can you help get some basic food stuff expecially the yam and send to me in ikorodu lagos, or any location of your choice in lagos?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by eleniyan2020: 3:33pm On May 17
dangermouse:

You are misquoting me.

I never said there is no money there!

I said there is more money in the South than North.

How much are government teachers paid up North compared to the south?

How much is a local government staff paid up North compared to the South?

How much is house rent up North compared to South?
The South has more purchasing power than the North andcit is a fact. Reason why things are cheaper over there plus the fact they produce nore agriculture wise.

The Northerners are mostly farmers which is good and they have plenty expanses of lands too.

Stop making everything political.

I love the North more than the South if not for the religious crisis prevalent up there.

Yahoo boys no dey North? Dem full for North!
i should stop making everything political, where did mentioned political stuff...yahoo boys full north,but the market system work with yahoo boys in South,everyone wants to make extra gain in south...working in North with 70k salary is better than 150k in south!
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by dangermouse(m): 8:53pm On May 17
eleniyan2020:
i should stop making everything political, where did mentioned political stuff...yahoo boys full north,but the market system work with yahoo boys in South,everyone wants to make extra gain in south...working in North with 70k salary is better than 150k in south!

Now we are on same page.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by eleniyan2020: 4:46am On May 18
dangermouse:

Now we are on same page.

Peace!
I de with you..
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Evans20: 7:55pm On May 22
Love800:
You stay in ghana?
no Nigeria
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Love800(m): 8:46pm On May 22
How you con take know say food cheap for ghana?
Evans20:
no Nigeria
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Evans20: 10:14pm On May 22
Love800:
How you con take know say food cheap for ghana?
i no talk say e cheap but their economy good pass our own and their money get value like for example u can buy Toyota venza for 80,thousand cedis but Nigeria its millions of naira, our naira don't have value that why we buy small things with big money.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Konquest: 5:42am On May 23
Catalysttt:
Hello nairalanders, I'm from Eastern Nigeria (Anambra state) pricisely. Was born and brought up in the north, Niger State!

I don't really know why things are too expensive in the southern part of Nigerian than the north.

I don't even like coming home sometimes (east) due to the unnecessary high cost of living in the southern region.

Everybody is just so greedy and selfish. Especially how I read here on nairaland.

If not for terrorism and banditry, here is one of the major part of the country where the poor can actually live their lives and train their children.

Below are some of the prices of commodities in my local community.

1. this plate of rice is #500

2. This yam was bought from one of my mom's customers for #4,000

3. This fufu and egusi soup is #600

4. The Yam in the fourth picture was bought for #12,000

I have a lot of images to upload and their prices but nairaland is telling me that I have exceeded limit of image upload. Don't know how this site works properly
Is this location in Minna or Kontangora?
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by Love800(m): 5:57pm On May 23
Alright.
Evans20:
i no talk say e cheap but their economy good pass our own and their money get value like for example u can buy Toyota venza for 80,thousand cedis but Nigeria its millions of naira, our naira don't have value that why we buy small things with big money.
Re: My Mom's Local Food Canteen In The North by olac21(m): 10:06am On May 24
E go better for you as post and analyse this your article..we southerners want to start something today and make millions from it same day.
Very pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.