Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting (28694 Views)

Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely / Lawmaker Throws Microphone At Keyamo During 774,000 Jobs Rowdy Committee Meeting / Governor El-Rufai Takes Selfie In Isolation, Attends COVID-19 Committee Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by hedonido: 5:42pm On May 15
Menclothing1:
Money is not the issue but value of money

The more the money given the more inflation this is a consuming nation

This is unfortunately very true. I don't subscribe to paying 'competitive' living wages to unproductive idiots who don't put in competitive work.

If the minimum wage must be made at least $100 a month, then our entire public service must be disbanded. The public service laws/Labour laws need to be amended if necessary. People need to be employed and paid on the basis of merit, competition, deliverables and actual 'proof of work'.

The worst part is that the bulk of the private sector workers who comparatively put in way more work for less pay would never benefit from this any minimum wage increase. So the whole NLC drama is essentially to demand more pay for corruptly employed and mostly redundant public sector workers..

They are all not serious.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Julius1351(m): 5:43pm On May 15
olatade:
Labour leader, Joe Ajaero storms out of meeting

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/minimum-wage-labour-rejects-fgs-n45000-offer/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0KnN7pSK_wD6WS-4AYQGZ1juRLNtTPGi7LPfmM4tieA_khFZKQHtr3GWI_aem_AaklYPd3Qelz5CRYO0dIoNSLIezbWvqHXzh9RQFc9EfjJyJRE2a7y0ssSRtAYmDiNp8yC3xQ4D_mms0YlRBgicnh

This country na comedy sha 😹. Labour proposed 615K, Federal Government bargained 48K 😂....... Who dah f#ck bargains like that.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Dedeity: 5:43pm On May 15
Jagabanarmy:

So he should pay labour 615,000 naira as minimum wage? Are you ok?
You should be asking your father if he's okay. A man who took the price of fuel from 190 to 800 wants to pay workers 48k. You Zombies are mentally deranged

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by superCleanworks(m): 5:45pm On May 15
NAC1666:

I predicted 45k. FG tried by making it 48k. One thing people don't understand about salary increase is that it's leads to more inflation and government on the other hand go through the back door to collect all that money through tax and high interest rate to mop up more money in circulation i.e liquidity ratio

We all know that.

one thing you fail to understand is that the chicken has come home to roost.

Why is it that it is only when Nigerians ask for better things that all these economic theories start to pop up? Someone just stole 88billion (in one case only), another one stole $16 billion, another group insists on buying TOYOTA SUVs every year, BILLIONS for renovations of a house that was renovated 2 years ago... Why should Nigerians care about inflation?

To make it worse, the government foolishly announced electricity tariff increase and brought the talk of bands before increasing wages.

I support NLC on this one. let there be inflation.

10 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Samco55(m): 5:45pm On May 15
And some people will still vote for him in 2027
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by iswallker(m): 5:45pm On May 15
Menclothing1:
Money is not the issue but value of money

The more the money given the more inflation this is a consuming nation

So workers should be given peanuts ....

You better double your Hussle so that this inflation will not catch up with you... cool
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Blitzking: 5:47pm On May 15
Any minimum wage that can't buy 5 bags of rice is no wage or better still 20k per day wage or 850naira per hour. Any other thing below this is devilish

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by liver123(m): 5:48pm On May 15
My issue with this NLC is that they are not serious at all at protesting. Hold massive protest for days, shut down every main roads. Let's see if we won't see results.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by DCmonster: 5:48pm On May 15
Lmao! I know this format.
Bastards churning out propaganda.
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by alt3r3g0: 5:48pm On May 15
Is this the best the 1 billion naira, 37 man commitee can come up with?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by delpee(f): 5:51pm On May 15
They are totally out of touch with today's realities. That's about 1600 per day. How far will that go in a place like Lagos? Hmm!

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by sukar886: 5:51pm On May 15
What kind of useless offer is that, what will 40k buy now, atleast 100k

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Untube: 5:52pm On May 15
TheclearChoice:
The man is so clueless, I honestly don't know the lines and lies they would want to use to convince people to vote for them again come 2027.

They will use religion and tribalism, you get it? Una mumu never do🤣😂🤣
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by rummmy: 5:52pm On May 15
That amount is just for my electricity
grin bill over here .
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by PeterObi4LP: 5:52pm On May 15
We warned Nigerians but they called us unprintable names. Now who dey suffer am, me in UK or them in Nigeria? Toh

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by samwheel(m): 5:53pm On May 15
Proudlyngwa:
grin

The question is most Nigerian federal , state and local government workers , how productive are they.

Does there input into the system generate that amount or they just want to be paid for doing nothing

Same questions should be asked about our legislative arms.

Those guys take in fat pay just for being useless. undecided

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by CrossRhodes: 5:55pm On May 15
TheclearChoice:
The man is so clueless, I honestly don't know the lines and lies they would want to use to convince people to vote for them again come 2027.
Did they ever convince people?

They maimed people, stuffed ballot boxes, disenfranchised some, switched off IREV with help of INEC, then bribed the judges

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Elihu82: 5:57pm On May 15
[quote author=Barims post=129969837]Nigeria is a cursed nation. God must have been really stupid for making me a Nigerian. Idiotic God.

Don't you fear God? Are you sick? What's wrong with you.
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 5:59pm On May 15
Stanleymaster1:
After working for one month they give u one bag of garri as salary fogeting that workers pay Rent, transport to work every working day and they do feed their selves. Will politician give their girl friends as low as N50, 000 for one night, not to talk of one month.

A bag of garri is about 90k now

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Cool83(m): 5:59pm On May 15
Proudlyngwa:
grin

The question is most Nigerian federal , state and local government workers , how productive are they.

Does there input into the system generate that amount or they just want to be paid for doing nothing

But senator can collect millions

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Xinox: 6:00pm On May 15
TheclearChoice:
Do they vote in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Streetdoctor: 6:01pm On May 15
abba190:
in this current situation anything below 80k as minimum wage will not be enough. i just resign from a factory work where i am being paid 30k monthly. in the morning alone i spend 700 on food
Oh boy, una dey suffer ohhhh. 30
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Insipidvamp(m): 6:01pm On May 15
[quote author=TheclearChoice post=129969609]The man is so clueless, I honestly don't know the lines and lies they would want to use to convince people to vote for them again come 2027.

They don't need any lies or lines, more than 80% of the electorates are plain stewpid. 65% of the remaining 20% are suffering from institutionalized poverty and will vote for the highest bidder. The rest are evil, they know the choice is bad, but they will do anything to ensure that the bad choice wins.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by samcolee(m): 6:03pm On May 15
mankan2k7:
This government does not rate Nigerian workers. Imagine a bag of rice is 90,000 naira and d cost of living as high as anything. This useless Govanment is now proposing 48000 naira.

I spit on Tinupoo

90k and which nobody knows how much it'd be when. Dollar hit #2500 chai there's problem

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by slowice(m): 6:03pm On May 15
TheclearChoice:

Not when we have more than enough stupeed people and bigots in the ratio of 2:1

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Obviouslyblunt: 6:04pm On May 15
Proudlyngwa:
grin

who are the ones paying those tax you think the government generates.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Goodlady(f): 6:05pm On May 15
salin:
48k in this Current inflation is in same ratio as 4800 naira

Get a Top Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/LsBsijKFpoLbJVZh9
They don't consider inflation when embezzling money or increasing earnings of politicians.

5 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by geoworldedu: 6:09pm On May 15
Proudlyngwa:
grin

If you work twice in a week sef, you should earn more than 48k in a month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Excel2lead: 6:09pm On May 15
[Do they need votes to win election? All they need is the likes of Wike and Mahmoud.

quote author=TheclearChoice post=129969609]The man is so clueless, I honestly don't know the lines and lies they would want to use to convince people to vote for them again come 2027. [/quote]
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by samcolee(m): 6:10pm On May 15
NAC1666:

I predicted 45k. FG tried by making it 48k. One thing people don't understand about salary increase is that it's leads to more inflation and government on the other hand go through the back door to collect all that money through tax and high interest rate to mop up more money in circulation i.e liquidity ratio

But how do you feed when things are X5 to x10 already because of inflation? Or should there be no junior staffs? For me if that amount stands I might be forced to resign
Re: Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting by Bluntemperor: 6:12pm On May 15
This is where President Tinubu is missing it and he would lose some of his Supporters,if care is not taken!
• what Can N48,000 Purchase in the Market today?
• What % of Negotiation of Increased in Salaries is this one?
• Why is it easy for this Govt- to easily removed the Subsidies,while the Masses are now suffering,yet in few years ,you want their Votes
•Economics is about- Savings---Investments -- Consumption and Wages Quality!*
•Can any Consumer able to Save Money,not to talk Investing excess Funds ,as investments - for tomorrow?
Govt should consider N60- 70 K,as Minimum Wages for Nigerian Workers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Speaks After His Re-Election: I Cannot Totally Say I Am A Happy Man / Omokri Doesn't Have His Primary School Certificate, Can Get It From Third Party / Man Wearing Customised Boko Haram Shirt ( Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.