Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead (58155 Views)

Photos Of National Funeral Ceremony Of Late Dim Chukwuemeka Odunmegwu Ojukwu / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by remarkD(m): 2:27am On Nov 28, 2011
It has been a sober weekend for me, as i spent it reflecting on the life of this man i would venture to call great.
Re-reading articles and interviews, speeches and video clips, i was moved twice, nay, thrice. the first was initially hearing the news, it was a bit of a shock for 3 seconds that i held my breath, and when i breathed out again, its like tears welled up and wanted to roll down my eyes. it was hard news, the great and mighty is no more.

ii was moved again when watching his speech on youtube, part 1 of 2 whhich i believe was the 2nd year anniversary of the war. As he narrated the events leading to the war, he came to a phrase that the way he said it, with a slight change in the tone of his voice, made me feel like i was feeling exactly what he felt, and i almost wept instantly. the words , "but we had no real choice" , would have made me enroll into the Biafran army, had i been alive then. it sounded genuine, honest, deep, turue and of course, moving.

thirdly, listening to BBC and hear the Ikemba roar "this is genocide! this is genocide" with the crowds heard in the background, gave me the shivers. He roared like a lion, he fouht like one, and shall forever remain in our hearts.

Adieu brave one. May the good lord keep your soul and give your family the fortitude to bear your loss. and may the vision you had for your people never die. A visionary leader you were, one of a kind. Bless you, bless your soul, Pa Ojukwu cry crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by remarkD(m): 2:39am On Nov 28, 2011
Fellow Igbos, who shall we look up to now? cry

The crop of leaders we have, , (some) they're trying, but not in the same esteem as Ojukwu.

i have a sad feeling it might take another or a couple of generations to find someone that will fit his shoes, maybe his grand kids.

Also, it would have to take (i hope not shaa) something drastic that will make such a person emerge.
(as the polgroms mae him stand up and say enough is enough).

Much respect to this man, the general. i can only imagine the type of burial he'll receive. (heard growing up that people's heads are used to bury kings, i would donate the cut off heads of blue toothpick and 6 of his trirbalistic friends
G grin

btw @freecocoa, although i dont like seeing these tribalists getting the attention the crave (which their parents didnt give them) via being responded to, the way you tackle them sometimes is worth a good read and laugh lol esp reminding one of how he cleans his bum (after a good phoop) - with a kettle and his hands! roflmao!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by tpia5: 3:17am On Nov 28, 2011
btw early photos of ojukwu dont show him with a beard.

@ whoever was claiming he was given a dispensation to grow a beard because his hair grew too fast.

that doesnt make sense imo.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by tpia5: 3:18am On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Onlytruth(m): 4:45am On Nov 28, 2011
I feel like repeating my dirge for Ikemba (the might of a nation)  cool

Adieu Great lion of Biafra.   cry cry cry
Rest well in the bosom of our God, the Great Yaweh!   cool
I mourn you today oh Ikemba as I mourn a father.
You offered to stand in the gap between Eastern Nigeria and a certain annihilation/colonization.
You stopped the annihilation but failed to free us from colonization.
We will never forget!
You stood up when cowards stood down.
You spoke up when cowards ran away.
You mortgaged everything just to see us free.
You were hunted 24/7 for 3 years by a combined forces of evil.
You created something new in Africa -a spirit of self belief.
You battled enemies in front, and even more enemies behind; survived to a ripe old age.
You were dangerous to the enemies of Eastern Nigeria in life.
You are even more dangerous to them in death!  cool
God promised threescore and ten years (70 years) to those he loves.
He added 8 years to you to show you how he loves you.

Adieu Odumegwu!   cool

It is well!  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Beaf: 5:26am On Nov 28, 2011
I wonder why any ethnic bigot would want to deface a thread like this? There are some very damaged people on NL.
When I was younger, I read with horror about instances of neo-natsi's defacing Muslim and Jewish burial places. I thought they were mad then, and I think they are mad now.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Onlytruth(m): 5:53am On Nov 28, 2011
Ojukwu's best quote:

“I regret the disabilities of the war. It was a choice: it was either to become a slave of the Hausas in that time, or to do what we did. And up till tomorrow, whenever I’m given the opportunity to choose, I’ll reject slavery.”

-Emeka Ojukwu

cool cool cool
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Metalgoong(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Ojukwu's best quote:

“I regret the disabilities of the war. It was a choice: it was either to become a slave of the Hausas in that time, or to do what we did. And up till tomorrow, whenever I’m given the opportunity to choose, I’ll reject slavery.”

-Emeka Ojukwu

cool cool cool

Ikemba, the greatest, the most fearless, the most courageous and most straightforward man that ever blazed the land of Africa.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:44am On Nov 28, 2011
i can post many as many possible to prove to the world that you worst been a KING
RIP SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry embarassed
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by purpose100(f): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2011
Uhmmm, Just thinking sha o,
There is something i'm yet to understand about Nigerians, are we to celebrate attempt @ success or achievement of success? In my own humble opinoin(and pls i am not anti-igbo/ojuwku ooh) i think we should have consider Ojuwku a great, mighty, fearless and selfless leader had it been that he fought and gained freedom for the Igbos.
My fellow Nigerians, lets learn how to recognize and celebrate success not attempt at success. And this is affecting all areas of our lives in general, when some people will be celebrating proposed projects! Wait until the project is completed before praising it.
But, i think the Igbos have the right to mourn one of their kinsmen that died. So let them mourn in peace,pls.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by nanidee(f): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2011
Looks like the mods woke up to their responsibility on this topic, to purge some uncouth posts.

God bless Biafra. smiley
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by lucy1(f): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2011
O na nu udo. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry smiley cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Words can't express wat u mean't to Nigerians and Ndiigbo. U were a David and defeated a Goliath.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. The world's graetest champion of the oppressed.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry How can we ever live without u? A viod have been left in our hearts and community dat can never be filled.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
RIP Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu Ezeigbo Ikemba cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2011
mods please make politics sections males only
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by lucy1(f): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2011
IkembaEzeigbo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by okosodo: 11:17am On Nov 28, 2011
The elites of your tribes are dunkin their caps for the KING. Yet the worthless of you are wastin your bandwidth
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by nkirubb: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2011
Rest in Peace, Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu (Ike Mba)
We Igbos Love you & we are going to miss you
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Ogetogeo(m): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2011
namfav:

for what? U want to bring ur demented sharia here, where women r seen and not heard. Smh
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by namfav(m): 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2011
women have to be protected from conflicting politics, no?

Ogetogeo:

for what? U want to bring your demented sharia here, where women r seen and not heard. Smh
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by chino11(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2011
30 pages and counting. This is pure opinion poll to further prove Ojukwu as the most influential Nigerian and Africa at large. Ikemba Nnewi go in peace. Even in death the Yorubas are still in fear.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by cantell(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
chino11:

30 pages and counting. This is pure opinion to further prove Ojukwu as the most influential Nigerian and Africa at large. Ikemba Nnewi go in peace. Even in death the Yorubas are still in fear.
Lol. You too gbaski!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2011
One does not need to look far to see that the same conditions which Ojukwu sought to assuage still predominate the Nigerian polity today.
You are gone but not forgotten, brave soldier.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by HighChief4(m): 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
namfav:

Almajiris will never cease to amaze me. Sorry there is no Sharia here
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Panzastrip(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
R.I.P Ikemba cry
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Arinze45: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2011
ODIMEGWU NDI IGBO
Ogbuefi Mmadu na abuo
Odogwu Nwoke
your struggle shall never be in vain.
The strength of Igbos , we they (Umuigbo) will never ever forget you
the forth generation to come in Igbo land will still talk about you,

Rest in Peace
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Get2go: 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
After reading the book 'Emeka' written by a Briton after the civil war, I was engulfed with a sense of pride knowing that OJUKWU represented my interest. Rest in peace, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba Nnewi, Eze Igbo Gburugburu! You will forever be loved by Nigerians.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by lawak: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ikemba ndigbo nile! RIP.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ikemba!Even in death you are still revered and feared by the enemies of Ndi Igbo.Your vision will continue to live in our hearts.Adieu!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by UyiIredia(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
My respects to a great man and a fellow KCOB.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by PointB: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
30 pages of eulogies and counting, truly this was a great man!

RIP great one!
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by kenogy: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
RIP!! The Last True Hero.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by dempeople(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2011
RIP Ikemba Nnewi. Adieu.
Re: Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead by macjive01: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians / Sule Lamido: Peter Obi, Doyin Okupe Are Alive To Attest To What I Told Them / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.