Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (22907 Views)

Poll: Who is your Poster of the year 2011 in this section?

Gbawe: 45% (107 votes)
Onlytruth: 42% (101 votes)
Katsumoto: 12% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / *~ Katsumoto Voted The Politics Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by success4(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
Jarus:

Done. Spammer gone wild

You know what to do na
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by kasiem(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
Onlytruth.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
I vote ONLYTRUTH. Plls oga jarus show us the result so far. No rigging
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
A new thread should be created with a poll of users with the highest number of votes.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Thatdave(m): 6:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
unnecessary rules spoil a show.
If some dedicated fellow like beaf is not rewarded the politics section is going lame.
You have to retrace your rules.
Or limit banning to spammers which beaf is not.
NB: many people visit nairaland because of the politics section
and this is because beaf has kept it lively all year.
*EGBON MI RASISTS. . . all the way!*
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Olaone1: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2011
From Odunnu
Since Beaf cant make it, lemme manage Jmaine.

Now I know you are a typical Nigerian. I thought you're one of those who wanted fairness and objectivity. Nahhhhh.
So, the best poster is Beaf With all this invective from him on other posters? You mean you see nothing wrong with that? Zilch?

I have nothing against Beaf, but, going by the rules of objectivity, Beaf - and others on ANC side (Gbawe included) shouldn't have been considered! They are politicians - all of them! They all spin better than Hotpoint washing machines.

Hmmm. . .
And, you complain about Dayokanu.

The beautYful ones are truly not yet born! Hmmmm!
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 3:13am On Dec 11, 2011
This is the cretin some of you are nominating as poster of the year?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821148.0.html#msg9739728

Your brains are composed of quaker oats.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2011
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by olawalebabs(m): 6:01am On Dec 11, 2011
afam4eva:

A new thread should be created with a poll of users with the highest number of votes.
that will be created from the 15th dec of this year
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by ceah(m): 6:25am On Dec 11, 2011
And my nomination goes to GenBuhari
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2011
ONLY TRUTH is man! I nominate him.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2011
This is the fcking conjecture-throwing ediot some people are nominating as poster of the year?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821148.0.html#msg9741160

Close down these nominations!!!

How many times do I have to tell people to hell with democracy and we should only practice geniocracy?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by remarkD(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
Hi Mods,

I nominate onlytruth.

The rest are trouble makers.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by bitterpill: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
I vote Gbawe pls. He knows how to analyze issues.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by TMemos: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2011
My vote is for Gbawe.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2011
Genbuhari, you're very mature and i wish 30% of posters on politics section would take after you, even with all the insults thrown your way, you still keep your cool even though i know you're either a military man or someone close to "power", yet you still respond to provocative comments in a civil manner.

kudos.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by efisher(m): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2011
My ideal Official Politics Section Poster Of The Year should be someone who:
1. Is a regular topic starter.
2. Actively contributes to many reasonable topics (there are very many unreasonable topics).
3. Is objective and supports arguments with facts.
4. Presents his / her views clearly, respectfully and probably with a tinge of humor.
5. Brings out new / interesting perspectives in forum discussions.

These are the qualities I think we should be looking out for.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2011
efisher:

My ideal Official Politics Section Poster Of The Year should be someone who:
1. Is a regular topic starter.
2. Actively contributes to many reasonable topics (there are very many unreasonable topics).
3. Is objective and supports arguments with facts.
4. Presents his / her views clearly, respectfully and probably with a tinge of humor.
5. Brings out new / interesting perspectives in forum discussions.

These are the qualities I think we should be looking out for.
The answer is onlytruth.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by purity80(m): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2011
alh_harem
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Orikinla(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2011
I have not been following most posters here.

Beaf has been very articulate. But the following are more objective and rational.
Gbawe, Jakumo, Onlytruth and Katsumoto.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Desola(f): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2011
Katsumoto

Gbawe
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Afam4eva(m): 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
Onlytruth wins this one.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by AndreUweh(m): 12:14am On Dec 13, 2011
afam4eva:

Onlytruth wins this one.
You are correct. Kudos
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by buzugee(m): 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2011

Buzugee for President of Naijiria!

Buzugee for King of Africa!! 

Buzugee for Emperor of all Black People everywhere!!!

grin grin grin LOL Isale gan2 i see you have started Xmas early.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2011
I vote for GBAWE.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by not2long(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
GenBuhari
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 15, 2011
END OF ROUND 1 - NOMINATION

THREAD TEMPORARILY LOCKED TO COLLATE RESULTS AND PUT UP POLLS.

STAY TUNED
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 15, 2011
FINAL STANDING AFTER STAGE 1 - NOMINATION
1, Gbawe - 22
3, OnlyTruth- 22
2, Katsumoto - 9
4, GenBuhari - 8
5, Ekt bear - 3
6, Jakumo - 1
7, egift - 1
8, Okadaman - 1
9, Jmaine - 1
10, Goldieluks - 1
11, Nasoeb - 1
12, Lucenzo - 1
13, Musiwa - 1
14, Buzugee - 1
15, Papabrowne - 1
16, Dede1 - 1

We now proceed to stage 2 - Voting.

The finalists are:
1, Gbawe
2, Onlytruth
3, Katsumoto

The poll is up and voting will start immediately.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Pukkah: 7:48am On Dec 15, 2011
Gbawe gets my vote.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2011
Gbawe
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2011
My vote goes to Onlytruth
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2011
BRIEF CITATION OF THE FINALISTS

1, GBAWE: Gbawe joined Nairaland in 2009 but hugged limelight in 2011 in the heated run-up to 2011 elections - one of the most epochal periods in the history of Nairaland Politics Section. He started as a strong defender of Ribadu candidacy but went beyond to be the strongest defender of ACN and their leader, Bola Tinubu, on Nairaland. He writes well and presents his arguments with logic. He is not known for insulting - a quality that is scarce in this part of Nairaland. He argues passionately about his convictions. For this he commands a good following in the Politics Section of Nairaland, especially among the 'progressives' and 'opposition'.

2, ONLYTRUTH: Recently crowned Eze Ndigbo Nairaland, Onlytruth has been on Nairaland since 2009 and has become the rallying point for his people. He is more known for his defence of his people, but unlike many others, does so without breaching the rules - a quality that is rare on Nairaland.

3, KATSUMOTO: Katsumoto is the only finalist last year that still made it to the final again this year. He lost the award by one vote to Dapo-bear in 2010. Highly respected on the politics section for his analytical prowess and debating skills. He is very visible in serious topics, marshaling facts to buttress his arguments. His choice of words in his comments is another strong point for him. Katsumoto's main turf are arguments that border on Nigerian History and related issues. He is a respected voice in those areas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Hits Back At Transparency International / U.S. Congratulates Buhari, Nigerians / 28 People Died In 2023 Election But 800 In 2011: President-elect Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.