Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

*~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (22905 Views)

Poll: Who is your Poster of the year 2011 in this section?

Gbawe: 45% (107 votes)
Onlytruth: 42% (101 votes)
Katsumoto: 12% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / *~ Katsumoto Voted The Politics Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
Alice in the rabbit whole. Curiouser and curiouser, Alliances, Realignments, accord concordiale. trappings of electoral malpractices and win at all cost mentality. Big Brother is watching.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Duduknight(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
houvest:

Alice in the rabbit whole. Curiouser and curiouser, Alliances, Realignments, accord concordiale. trappings of electoral malpractices and win at all cost mentality. Big Brother is watching.

Aren't you one of those that started the sectional voting from the Eze ndi gbo thread? Onlytruth had only 6 votes before you made your post below on the 8th December and then ended up with 22 votes after your rallying call. You start something unsavoury, when others join in, you complain. SMDH. You are one of those responsible for turning the voting into an ethnic one and by extension, a joke.

houvest:

Good job PointB of rallying Ndigbo on NL. I split my votes. I voted for Andre for Eze Ndi Igbo on Nl but nominated Onlytruth as politics poster of the year on the other thread. Those are two able Igbo youngmen.Point B try rallying Ndigbo also to nominate and eventually vote on that thread. Nomination is still in progress there but it appears few folks visit that thread.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Ejine(m): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
Like play like play, affairs don turn tribal. . .
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by VoodooDoll(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ejiné:

Like play like play, affairs don turn tribal. . .

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria should be renamed "Triberia"
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by jmaine: 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
VoodooDoll:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria should be renamed "Triberia"

Nairaland you mean . . .
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Beaf: 1:07am On Dec 16, 2011
I was rigged out by Jarus, so I urge everyone to vote for [size=14pt]OnlyTruth [/size] as da man! cool
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Olaone1: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2011
Beaf:

I was rigged out by Jarus, so I urge everyone to vote for [size=14pt]OnlyTruth [/size] as da man! cool

grin grin You're right jare. Dem all hate Chris Beaf
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2011
No wonder. Underground politics
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by dayokanu(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2011
Jarus what do you think?

dayokanu:

After the voting Can the moderators view who voted who and disqualify votes of any poster who probably registered between now and 30th

This is to guard against multiple registration and voting

dayokanu:

Jarus in the event that two candidates decide to ally togther, What would happen? would you delete the name of the candidate from the polls or add their votes after 30th?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2011
Beaf:

The rules of the game made u not eligible. Be of good behaviour this coming year.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Demdem(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2011
Jarus:

Lol.

Hmmmnn, Dayo, how you see that one? Na wa o.

Ok. My apologies. We thought the counting of votes was going to be more time consuming. But with an improved process(counting from time to time) it was a lot easiier, hence the commencement of second stage mmediately. Immediately.

BINGO !!!
This will be the basis of my appeal. Changing the rules of the game when the game is already on. Are we to appeal to seun or what? kiss
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2011
After the voting Can the moderators view who voted who and disqualify votes of any poster who probably registered between now and 30th

This is to guard against multiple registration and voting
Unfortunately, we can't prevent this but I don't think it can have significant impact. I can't imagine more than 5 new IDs coming up just because of a polling, which will mean height of joblessness. So the effect may just not be significant in determining eventual winner. Max, 5 new IDs created for that purpose, and I don't think 5 phony votes can swing the pendulum to a side. Opening new ID is not that easy; you open new email, go through registration, wait for confirmation etc. It's a tedious process that is intrinsically discouraging, except for a jobless person.

On alliance, we will not encourage alliance but we cannot prevent it. But we will not add up any votes.

Also, the Mods too cannot view the result until expiration, when it will become visible to everybody. The suspense adds fun to it, raises expectation and prevent band-wagon effect .
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2011
That said, I agree with ekt-bear that this poll may not throw up the best in this section this year. And that's a pity.
I have seen nomination and voting along ethnic lines, which is very unfortunate. The 3 finalists last year were clearly the best and most analytical for that year, save few people that are equally good but not so active like Afam and Maxsiollun, hence did not get a look at.

The reason why the 2009 edition for this section was not officially recognised was because of a flawed process which threw up Becomrich as winner - and I'm talking about Becomrich of 2009, not that of today, who is now saner. The mod then did not help matters, as rules of the games were not stated.

Notwithstanding, this is politics section, dwelled not only by critics and analysts, but also politicians, so we cannot totally rule out politics, much as we want objectivity to be the guiding factor. I personally voted for Katsumoto, though my views on issues converge more with Gbawe's than Katz, whose views are usually at variance with mine on most issues, but I recognize his good arguing skills and fact-based debates, as well as his knowledge of political history.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2011
Jarus:

Unfortunately, we can't prevent this but I don't think it can have significant impact. I can't imagine more than 5 new IDs coming up just because of a polling, which will mean height of joblessness. So the effect may just not be significant in determining eventual winner. Max, 5 new IDs created for that purpose, and I don't think 5 phony votes can swing the pendulum to a side. Opening new ID is not that easy; you open new email, go through registration, wait for confirmation etc. It's a tedious process that is intrinsically discouraging, except for a jobless person.

On alliance, we will not encourage alliance but we cannot prevent it. But we will not add up any votes.

Also, the Mods too cannot view the result until expiration, when it will become visible to everybody. The suspense adds fun to it, raises expectation and prevent band-wagon effect .

AHHH!

This na Professor Iwu o! grin grin grin tongue
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2011
Sagamite:

AHHH!

This na Professor Iwu o! grin grin grin tongue
You don't know anything.

Even America can come and learn from our electoral system grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2011
Please can someone tell me why the poll results are not in real time.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Please can someone tell me why the poll results are not in real time.

1, To avoid band-wagon effect. If poll is showing the results, it discourages some voters. "my candidate can never win, still far behind, make I no waste my vote jare". To avoid such.

2, To prevent rigging. If candidate X is seeing results and realize he is just, say 2 votes behind the leading candidate in the last minutes, all he or his supporters need do is create 3 new IDs and vote for him.

3, Suspense makes it more fun. It raises expectation. Everybody will want to come and see results on Dec 30, as against knowing the winner already by trend of poll even before expiration of voting

4, Even mods cannot view results until it becomes visible to everyone.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by olawalebabs(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Odunnu: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
Beaf:

Great minds think alike grin grin. its Onlytruth or we thumbprint, toeprint, elbowprint and even kneeprint.

ekt_bear:

It looks like there is a decent chance that this politics section poster of the year will become a bit of a joke.

I wouldn't ordinarily comment on stuff like this while it is in progress, but before you vote you must ask yourself, is this person truly amongst the best posters on this particular forum of NL?

Does this person represent the best reasoning, the best arguments, and the sharpest ideas in this forum? If you were to compile a list of the "best posts/threads of NL", is this person's name going to show up heavily?

Ah well. Nigeria in general has difficulty recognizing quality and talent, so perhaps not too surprising that Nairalanders would struggle with the same.

If you decide to vote a monkey or a piece of toilet paper as your best poster of the year, that too is your prerogative. It won't make the monkey/toilet paper look bad of course, but it sure as hell will make you look bad.
None of the posters reflect the best reasoning like you say, but we must make do with what we have on ground. At the end of the day, its all for fun. Hope you've voted?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by olawalebabs(m): 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
Odunnu:

Great minds think alike grin grin. its Onlytruth or we thumbprint, toeprint, elbowprint and even kneeprint.

the bolded remind me of the campaign slogan of umrella party. "one man one vote, one woman one vote, one youth one vote, one child one vote" the beginning of iwuruwuru ringim
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Katsumoto: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
;d
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Sagamite(m): 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Jarus:

You don't know anything.

Even America can come and learn from our electoral system grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by JamesDoe: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
I have found Gbawe to be the most articulate poster, backed with evidence and articles. He also accepts new information or goes to source new articles to support the discussion. I nominated someone else however I have voted for Gbawe as his views are mostly unbiased and unpolarising.

He is also a good counterweight to some accounts that post articles that appear "paid for" or put up by govt surrogates.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by otokx(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
Just voted but cannot see the results; hope this is not a plan to rig?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Afam4eva(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2011
This election is a huge joke. I wonder why the voting is secret if not that there's an attempt to rig the result. How do we know who the true winner is if we can't see the result. Why can't we just see the result of the poll like it has.been on this forum. Is that too much to ask?
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Odunnu: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2011
afam4eva:

This election is a huge joke. I wonder why the voting is secret if not that there's an attempt to rig the result. How do we know who the true winner is if we can't see the result. Why can't we just see the result of the poll like it has.been on this forum. Is that too much to ask?

You are beginning to irritate me with this your whining and obvious instigating posts. None of the reasons Jarus gave to you in the post below make sense to you? Most we continue the way we started? Havent you read anywhere that variety is the spice of life? Because we started with open ballots, we must die on it. And BTW, we had this kinda secret ballot system last year so where is you 'how we used to do it' coming from?

Jarus:

1, To avoid band-wagon effect. If poll is showing the results, it discourages some voters. "my candidate can never win, still far behind, make I no waste my vote jare". To avoid such.

2, To prevent rigging. If candidate X is seeing results and realize he is just, say 2 votes behind the leading candidate in the last minutes, all he or his supporters need do is create 3 new IDs and vote for him.

3, Suspense makes it more fun. It raises expectation. Everybody will want to come and see results on Dec 30, as against knowing the winner already by trend of poll even before expiration of voting

4, Even mods cannot view results until it becomes visible to everyone.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by rexdmx(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
I usually prefer to read and not comment due to the deterioration of many postings currently
Having said that, i would prefer onlytruth. usually on point and not abusive. Beaf was very sharp this year as was Gbawe.

Hopefully this new year would bring forward analytical discourse as opposed to drivel
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
Duduknight:

Aren't you one of those that started the sectional voting from the Eze ndi gbo thread? Onlytruth had only 6 votes before you made your post below on the 8th December and then ended up with 22 votes after your rallying call. You start something unsavoury, when others join in, you complain. SMDH. You are one of those responsible for turning the voting into an ethnic one and by extension, a joke.

What really are you mad at here? That I called Ndigbo to visit this thread and vote? Are they not qaulified to vote? Is NL voting reserved for only one ethnic group?  You prefer them to remain in ignorance of this thread and to be disenfrachised? And you are mad because Onlytruth got 22 nominations? Is he not articulate enough to be nominated here? What really is unsavoury  or sectional in calling people to go and vote? You tell me? What is unsavoury is disenfranchising folks through lack of information which clearly you prefer ? What is unsavoury is trying to win at all costs through alliances which I have never advocated. Let every Nairaland be properly informed so he can exercise his voting rights and may the best win. Do you know how many folks voted in last years edition?

Katsumoto  16 (42.1%)
Kobojunkie  5 (13.2%)
Dapobear  17 (44.7%)

Total Votes: 38

So how can only 38 votes out of thousands determine who is the section poster of the year? Why do folks like you want to enthrone mediocrity by disenfranchising folks?  Are you actually looking for less voters in order to enthrone an already annointed candidate ? Just know that some of us will not sit back and watch all those shenanigans anymore. Big brother is here and is certainly watching.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by houvest: 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
Jarus:

That said, I agree with ekt-bear that this poll may not throw up the best in this section this year. And that's a pity.
I have seen nomination and voting along ethnic lines, which is very unfortunate. The 3 finalists last year were clearly the best and most analytical for that year, save few people that are equally good but not so active like Afam and Maxsiollun, hence did not get a look at.

The reason why the 2009 edition for this section was not officially recognised was because of a flawed process which threw up Becomrich as winner - and I'm talking about Becomrich of 2009, not that of today, who is now saner. The mod then did not help matters, as rules of the games were not stated.

Notwithstanding, this is politics section, dwelled not only by critics and analysts, but also politicians, so we cannot totally rule out politics, much as we want objectivity to be the guiding factor. I personally voted for Katsumoto, though my views on issues converge more with Gbawe's than Katz, whose views are usually at variance with mine on most issues, but I recognize his good arguing skills and fact-based debates, as well as his knowledge of political history.

It is sad that you the umpire said this. Now can you declassify the voting of last year and show us who voted for who among the 38 voters so we know along what line they voted. If you are already giving this voting a label, then take it down so we do not waste our time here. WTH. You are here giving more credence to last years poll but you conveniently forget that many of us complained that it was a sham when Beaf was removed in the middle of the process, at a time when his supporters could not switch to another candidate and so boycotted the rest. To you, those  three were the best. To me  and others, definitely not and later events have proved it. So may we keep our opinions out of the poll and stop demoralising folks from voting. One more thing, let's have an open ballot to assure everyone of transparency since you are already labelling this. As I agree with only point 2 of your reasons for making it a secret ballot, Let every one who registered once voting has started be prevented from voting.
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by isalegan2: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
Odunnu:

None of the posters reflect the best reasoning like you say, but we must make do with what we have on ground. At the end of the day, its all for fun. Hope you've voted?

Which posters in this section would you consider reflective of "the best reasoning"?  
A) An obnoxious propagandizing scumbag?  
B) An unprincipled picture-spamming political hack?  
C) A GEJ waterboy who is a "great mind" simply because he supports your candidate?  
D) All of the above?

I've read posts where you've excused bad behaviour from posters simply because they are GEJ voters or PDP supporters.  So, it surprises me not at all that you fail to see the "poor reasoning" in the statement you just made.

Would still love to see your list of the best minds around here though.  Pray tell us, our less than average Education moderator.  wink 

Are we having fun yet?  cheesy

Odunnu:

You are beginning to irritate me . . .

lipsrsealed
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by Duduknight(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
houvest:

What really are you mad at here? That I called Ndigbo to visit this thread and vote? Are they not qaulified to vote? Is NL voting reserved for only one ethnic group?  You prefer them to remain in ignorance of this thread and to be disenfrachised? And you are mad because Onlytruth got 22 nominations? Is he not articulate enough to be nominated here? What really is unsavoury  or sectional in calling people to go and vote? You tell me? What is unsavoury is disenfranchising folks through lack of information which clearly you prefer ? What is unsavoury is trying to win at all costs through alliances which I have never advocated. Let every Nairaland be properly informed so he can exercise his voting rights and may the best win. Do you know how many folks voted in last years edition?

Katsumoto  16 (42.1%)
Kobojunkie  5 (13.2%)
Dapobear  17 (44.7%)

Total Votes: 38

So how can only 38 votes out of thousands determine who is the section poster of the year? Why do folks like you want to enthrone mediocrity by disenfranchising folks?  Are you actually looking for less voters in order to enthrone an already annointed candidate ? Just know that some of us will not sit back and watch all those shenanigans anymore. Big brother is here and is certainly watching.

Dude give it a rest, the objective of your rallying call is obvious to many. When did you conduct a census of posters to know how many posters or readers are in the politics section? Besides, the turnout of an election is of no concern to a voter; the job of a voter is to decide whether to exercise his/her right to vote. Whether 38 people voted or 2 million voted, the results are declared from those who voted and not those who could have voted. If you were so concerned about voter turnout, why didn't you visit every thread, announcing that a poll was in effect so that a maximum number can vote? Instead, you seized on a poll for an Eze Ndigbo of NL to rally other Ndigbo to vote. Your approach was sectional and ethnic. When you start it, you feel smart. When others join in, you start complaining and crying just like you did in your post that I quoted.

Can one really ascertain the number of posters in the politics section with a huge number of posters having multiple ids. Posters such as Mekus with 1000s of monikers. Even Andrew Uweh has at least 4 ids (including Ngodigha and abadabada). In your post, you called on PointB to rally Ndigbo to vote. What was the point of that? Is PointB a moderator in any section? The point I made, and by which I stand, is that OnlyTruth gained 16 nominations because of your rallying call. Everyone that voted for him after that post was Igbo. It is not for me to decide whether he is articulate enough to be nominated.

You clearly arrogate a lot of importance to yourself; very typical. Who made you Big Brother? You made yourself Big Brother because you are old or what? You will not sit back and watch any shenanigans anymore??  Dude, it is just an online election in an anonymous forum. Don't make it more than it is. By the way, what are the shenanigans? That 38 out of an indeterminate number of posters voted in an online election is what you term shenanigans.  SMDH
Re: *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations by efisher(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
It's getting hot in here!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Photos : President Buhari Arrives UAE / Boko Haram Attacks Dapchi In Yobe, Burns Houses / Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.