Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? (18401 Views)

Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 / Ghanaian, 31, Pulls Off Britain's Biggest Banking Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Akins02324(m): 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
Whosoever support this move is useless and need to take a psychology test.Please help me to ask Mr Jonathan,since the inception of his administration,How many job opportunities has he been able to create?

Did he bother to know what is the statistic of graduates riding okada today and if these sets of people is ban from riding okada,what do you think will happen to us?
I am smelling revolution.

Well,i leave my fingers crossed
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by swiftycool(m): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2011
thoth:

People should be careful. All these policies are dictated to nigeria by the imperialist tools IMF/World Bank.
Devalue naira to cause inflation and increase poverty.
Privatise social amenities and raise prices out of middle class reach.
Privatise banks and sell to foreigners so the can control our economic policies.
Remove fuel subsidy to destroy the remaining manufacturing industries.
Destroy private initiatives and alternatives with policies like banning okada and more to come.
What they WANT YOU TO DO IS TO TRY A REVOLUTION. They have been holding drils and making accesment on how to hijack and secure THIER interest once it happens,that was since 1997!.
You are only being worked on psychologically.

its so refreshing to find someone like u who is not a sheep like many others, this truth has been hidden from us and the master plan is focused at 2015.
it has worked 4 them against many other nations, lybya being a recent casuality. we need people like you to start threads to inform many that all they see is not all they seem. they even use our men of god as well as our dumb presido to the detriment of himself and our nation. god help us!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nsiadi: 8:02am On Dec 04, 2011
@ Werepeleri, Thanks for the illumination you provided on ministers clarification
We dont need double quick match from any quarter now
Our people have suffered enough, only measures to ameliorate the situation shd be encouraged
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by FEMARY1: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2011
They want to sink another billions on naira industry.I doubt if this people think for a second.They cannt think of how to build basic infrastructures,all that crosses their miind in to ban this and that.

Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Daffydoc: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2011
Indeed
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Revolva(m): 11:19am On Dec 04, 2011
Okada that is making life easy for comon Nigeirans and have made people gain employment and earn a living, i dont car of its dangers, at least accident happens on airlines and vehicle,

They say what they wanna bann it, Ok, if hey wanna bann it they should put some thing in place for it for the riders to hold on to, as in terms of jobs and create more roads channel, from towns to towns, and location , if not, there wil be so much crime, if they knock the okada riders hustle,
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by WinkWrld: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
Where are the bicycles? grin
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by naso2(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2011
werepeLeri:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/6010-fg-has-not-banned-okada-minister.html

[size=14pt]FG Has Not Banned Okada - Minister[/size]

THE Federal Government has declared that it had not authorised the ban on the use of commercial motorcycles as claimed by an agency of government, National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA).

Minister for Environment, Hadiza Mailafia, told State House correspondents in Abuja on Friday that no decision had yet been taken on the matter.

She was reacting to news reports emanating from NESREA, which is an agency under her ministry, that suggested that the use of motorcycles has been banned in an attempt to control pollution.

According to her, “there is no decision so far, as far as I am concerned about banning the use of achaba or okada.

“Of course, we are concerned about pollution, but we have not issued any statement to that effect.

“The true position is that government is calling on individuals and organisations of the entire polity to take care of their environment by, of course, complying with rules and regulations. That doesn’t mean you cannot ride motorcycles,” she said.

She said she did not know how the announcement on the ban came about, adding, “that’s what I am still trying to find out. I wouldn’t know. There doesn’t seem to be a reason for that anyway.”

where are those i cautioned against making hasty comments until they heard the full gist?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by mahraj(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2011
How can the Government ban Okada , when it can not establish an effective and cheap transportation system.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Chiori(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
The F. G. has come out to say it doesn't plan on banning Okada. So why all the fuss?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by soloqy: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Chiori:

The F. G. has come out to say it doesn't plan on banning Okada. So why all the fuss?

The moderators have refused to change the title or remove it from the frontpage. This kind of story is a traffic driver for them.

Once its on the frontpage, people are guaranteed to just hit reply without reading through to see comments like yours.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
We don't remove topics from the home page. It's important to leave this thread here as a reminder to the government that a nationwide ban on okadas will not be accepted by Nigerians. However, we can update the to reflect any new information obtained from reliable sources.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by soloqy: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2011
Seun:

We don't remove topics from the home page. It's important to leave this thread here as a reminder to the government that a nationwide ban on okadas will not be accepted by Nigerians. However, we can update the to reflect any new information obtained from reliable sources.

I find the highlighted part hard to believe.

If you looked carefully, you would have seen some of us posting that government has denied any such ban. Some of us dont post just for the sake of it. I wont post that government denied it if I didnt actually see it on TV. I would be the first to shout it from the roof tops to embarrass the government if they carry out such a callous law but let all things be done objectively.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by macpreneur: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
It has happened before in other parts of Nigeria; Port Harcourt, Abuja , There can be options and new businesses people can delve into.
Check out some exceptional businesses for this yuletide season. You can start from here. An idea is all you need.
http://naijapreneurs./2011/12/06/yuletide-green-businesses/
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Daffydoc: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2011
Enuf
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by sorted: 3:13am On Dec 13, 2011
I heard a few months ago that the government was planing on banning 2 stroke engined bikes, these are engines that require mixing of oil with the petrol they tend to emit alot of white smoke and are responsible for air pollution. A popular 2 stroke bike used as Okada in Nigeria is the Jincheng AX100. This is a welcome developement because the pollution levels in some states was becoming unberable and anyway there are better alternatives like the Bajaj YB100 and Honda CG125 these are both 4stroke engined machines that produce very little pollution. But unfortunately I can see in the picture alot of seized 4stroke bikes. Once again our gorilla police are going to take advantage of this new law and seize anything with 2 wheels. So anoying angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI / My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.