Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes (33089 Views)

AirForce Officer Reading His Bible, Armed With His Gun / Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Top B H Commander Arrested In Cameroun With Guns, Rpgs, Bombs. N A Alerted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2011
jason123:

That is why I prefer Southern Nigeria to this Igbo vs Yoruba roforofo. I have all Southern Cultures in  my group and I wouldn't be surprised if I have Ijaw blood in me. The only reason why its like I am against Igbo is because of some E-characters that want to annex the SS into their utopia.

Nobody is annexing anything. Even south-south people cannot annext SS. let's stop the delusion. South south don't have anything in common. An eastern Igbo person feels more at home in PH and Asaba than an Edo person. A Yoruba person will be more favoured in Escravos(Itshekiri land) than an Urhobo person.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Jason, now i know you know very little about Igbos and south south people. Seperating these two groups is like seperating bread from tea. Apart from the fact that a sizeable number of south-south people are Igbos or Igboid as the case may be, these people have a lot of history with Igbos. For example how do you seperate the Igbos and Ijaws in Bonny/Opobo or how do you try to break the unon bthat has existed for centuries between the Igbos and Efik/Ibibios(Arochukwu is a testament). How do you expect us to ignore the fact that the south east have the same Kingship with some groups in the south-south eg Ngwa and Etche and the Ndoki people that are scattered throught the east. Please, it will only be foolhardy to try to seperate Igbos from their eastern neigbours. One cannot do without the other.

How hard is it to separate bread and tea, unless of course you are greedy then it becomes a problem.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by chino11(m): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2011
@afam4eva Where did you get all this strength to further explain the obvious fact? Who those not know that SS is still an extension of SE, I say this because the relationship btw the two people are more of blood connection than political connection. It was Gowon who came to divide us for a cheap political goal. So don't waste your time explaining what the world knows. Dalu
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Gbawe: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

I've always known you are a small minded fellow. So you and Gbawe had an altercation on Nairaland and that makes him a bigot? Egbon mi Razist, I expect more from you.

Man mi, don' mind him. I am not one to speak without reason and it is not for nothing I call him a Yoruba wannabe. A wannabe would be someone who thinks they know everything about others yet, in reality, they know nothing.

Ask the clown if he is not the same character who tried to say Aregbesola's appending "Ogbeni" (effectively Mr) to his name was something sinister. I had to correct his misconception and tell him what Ogbeni means and that Aregbesola was actually being humble in a nation where leaders wants you to state their twenty titles before you mention their name !!!! Who does that if not a wannabe? I.e who goes on a public forum to expose crass ignorance and wrongly interprete a language they do not understand fully other than a wannabe who fancies himself an authority by virtue of speaking said language?
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by aljharem3: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Nobody is annexing anything. Even south-south people cannot annext SS. let's stop the delusion. South south don't have anything in common. An eastern Igbo person feels more at home in PH and Asaba than an Edo person. A Yoruba person will be more favoured in Escravos(Itshekiri land) than an Urhobo person.

why can't a yoruba person feel at home with an urhobo person ? You care to explain ?

Even in anambra nnewi I felt at home. not to talk of delta

LOL funny pesin on nl
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by aljharem3: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2011
chino11:

@afam4eva Where did you get all this strength to further explain the obvious fact? Who those not know that SS is still an extension of SE, I say this because the relationship btw the two people are more of blood connection than political connection. It was Gowon who came to divide us for a cheap political goal. So don't waste your time explaining what the world knows. Dalu

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin we never knew

until now. How can SS be an extension of SE. You got jokes up ur head

F-ing retard
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by jason123: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Yes you are right to an extent except the Uhrobo part. The Uhrobo and Ijaw man can feel VERY comfortable in Ugborodo!
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by jason123: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
chino11:

Another cheap lie that causes division instead of unity!
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

why can't a yoruba person feel at home with an urhobo person ? You care to explain ?

LOL funny pesin on nl

I'm not saying you can't feel at home anywhere. I'm just saying it's easier for some people due to language similaritirity and other forms of similarity. Someone from Enugu can go to PH for example and feel at home because Igbo is widely spoken there. The same person might not quickly adjust to life in Ibadan. It will take time.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by aljharem3: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm not saying you can't feel at home anywhere. I'm just saying it's easier for some people due to language similaritirity and other forms of similarity. Someone from Enugu can go to PH for example and feel at home because Igbo is widely spoken there. The same person might not quickly adjust to life in Ibadan. It will take time.

Language similarity ??

if so then, a typical yoruba person understands Ijaw more than Igbo. Are you doubting me on this

40% of Ijaw words are either taken from yoruba or invented by them

words like dabiri

sabo, awori, ekiti kete, orobo, etc

apart from water in igbo which miri and in ijaw mirimi. What other thing ?

in terms of language again, a typical yoruba person that understand well would be able to interprete ibibio. fact
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

Language similarity ??

if so then, a typical yoruba person understands Ijaw more than Igbo. Are you doubting me on this

40% of Ijaw words are either taken from yoruba or invented by them

words like dabiri

sabo, awori, ekiti kete, orobo, etc

apart from water in igbo which miri and in ijaw mirimi. What other thing ?

in terms of language again, a typical yoruba person that understand well would be able to interprete ibibio. fact

Abeg keep your lies to yourself. I think a thread titled "Who's the biggets liar on nairaland" should be created specially for you. U sabi lie kai.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by aljharem3: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Abeg keep your lies to yourself. I think a thread titled "Who's the biggets liar on nairaland" should be created specially for you. U sabi lie kai.

where. I understand a bit of ijaw so what are you talking about ?

even some ijaw words are similar to itsekiri, or you do not know about that ?
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
At times I wonder where yall get the strength to argue all of these, at a point, do you guys ever get tired? shocked shocked shocked I would have offered my personal non-bias opinion, but I will reserve my opinion till further notice undecided undecided. They say, when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers, embarassed embarassed therefore, I'll just seat at the rear and watch.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

where. I understand a bit of ijaw so what are you talking about ?

even some ijaw words are similar to itsekiri, or you do not know about that ?

Speak for yourself. Ijaw has absolutely nothing with Yoruba. Stop spreading lies. It's becoming irritating.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by aljharem3: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
manny4life:

At times I wonder where yall get the strength to argue all of these, at a point, do you guys ever get tired? shocked shocked shocked I would have offered my personal non-bias opinion, but I will reserve my opinion till further notice undecided undecided. They say, when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers, embarassed embarassed therefore, I'll just seat at the rear and watch.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

afam4eva:

Speak for yourself. Ijaw has absolutely nothing with Yoruba. Stop spreading lies. It's becoming irritating.

as for you. look at Ijaw origin

For example, in the case of the Igbos, because of the Ijaw man’s culture of a child born by a slave or a bought woman becoming the head of the community, King Jaja of Opobo became the King of the Opobo’s with a bought woman from Igbo
land. Today Opobo land is being considered as an Igbo territory. In similar type of story, the Yorubas had claimed that their ancestral father ‘Oduduwa’, came to Ile-Ife with a chain from above and conquered some minor tribes that were there and later ruled over them. Who were these people? Were they the Ijaws? Is it the same spirit ‘Odudu’ which the Ijaws fear up till today? Just like the Vice President had observed in his last speech that, “Some of our traditions are dying may not be news to those who care less of our collective survival as a people.”

http://www.unitedijaw.com/analysis.htm

"Ijaws are more Yorubas than Igbos so I think Ijaw people would align with Yorubas in any political arrangement." Killayut a kalabari man

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?threaded=1&v=ACGPjppj7Pk
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

"Ijaws are more Yorubas than Igbos so I think Ijaw people would align with Yorubas in any political arrangement." Killayut a kalabari man

Who's arguing with you whether Ijaw is more Yorubas than Igbo. Even though Ijaw is not similar to either of the two, they have more history with Igbos than Yoruba. Take a look at Rivers state for example
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by JamesDoe: 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
This thread is now fluff!

Let's fluff it out!

smiley
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Beaf: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
Gbawe:

Man mi, don' mind him. I am not one to speak without reason and it is not for nothing I call him a Yoruba wannabe. A wannabe would be someone who thinks they know everything about others yet, in reality, they know nothing.

Ask the clown if he is not the same character who tried to say Aregbesola's appending "Ogbeni" (effectively Mr) to his name was something sinister. I had to correct his misconception and tell him what Ogbeni means and that Aregbesola was actually being humble in a nation where leaders wants you to state their twenty titles before you mention their name !!!! Who does that if not a wannabe? I.e who goes on a public forum to expose crass ignorance and wrongly interprete a language they do not understand fully other than a wannabe who fancies himself an authority by virtue of speaking said language?

Look at this yeye mutating fowl!! grin
Are you Aregbesola's d.i.c.k? Imagine the sudden, free fountain of crocodile tears for the useless Aregbesola; simply because I rightly pointed it out that you are a bigot!
Dude, why does it hurt you so much when people aptly describe you as a bigot? Why do you get soooooooooooooo angry its like you're gonna explode and die? Lolz!

To cure foolishness, jump up and slap your left eye! Tawai!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Gbawe: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
Beaf:

Look at this yeye mutating fowl!! grin
Are you Aregbesola's d.i.c.k? Imagine the sudden, free fountain of crocodile tears for the useless Aregbesola; simply because I rightly pointed it out that you are a bigot!
Dude, why does it hurt you so much when people aptly describe you as a bigot? Why do you get soooooooooooooo angry its like you're gonna explode and die? Lolz!

To cure foolishness, jump up and slap your left eye! Tawai!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wimp + fake "militant", foam at the mouth all you want. You are clearly, as I have proven on several ocassions, not bright enough to see how I use a contextual example to demonstrate why you richly deserve the tag "Yoruba wannabe".
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by fuke(m): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
Jonathan has lost grip.

God save us.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by OneNaira6: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2011
Of course the Yoruba are turning hypocrite on here. Point_B and the rest are the culprits, not Eko-ile, alj-harem and the others  grin grin grin grin grin Wetin I no go see on NL.

My two inputs before I waka, make una continue with your "i'm betta, no i'm betta" jaga-jaga

grin grin grin grin grin grin on Ghanaians do not know the difference between Nigerian groups. Majority of my friends are Ghananians, one of my ex was ghanaian and i've been to Ghana they know the difference between Nigerian main tribes, the minority tribes they do not know but the majority they do know.  It's sad we actually think non-Nigerians are ignorant about Nigeria just because Nigerians are ignorant about other nations tribes does not mean they are too.

Anyway Jason and others, Abeg please leave south-south alone. If you are going to talk about south-south, talk about your people, Iteskiri.  Una should leave south-south alone jare. We are getting tired, noone made una an authority on south-south.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by phreakabit(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
[size=14pt]
SOUTH EAST

SOUTH SOUTH

Only similarity I see here is the word SOUTH. . . . .  Don't deceive yourselves, these are two powerful, intelligent and independent ethnic entities who can, may or may not decide to have a merger. The decision is not up to anyone of us here. WHY WASTE YOUR TIME DEBATING ABOUT IT?
[/size]
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL funny pesin on nl

^^^Hehehe grin grin That's 'cos they didn't know who you were. Next time you travel to Nnewi refer brothers you meet there to your two-faced/divisive comments on this website and see if your not chased out of Igboland with a cutlass angry.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=14pt]
SOUTH EAST

SOUTH SOUTH

Only similarity I see here is the word SOUTH. . . . .  Don't deceive yourselves, these are two powerful, intelligent and independent ethnic entities who can, may or may not decide to have a merger. The decision is not up to anyone of us here. WHY WASTE YOUR TIME DEBATING ABOUT IT?
[/size]
Ignorance is not bliss my brother. When did south-south become an ethnicity.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by phreakabit(m): 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
afam4eva:

Ignorance is not bliss my brother. When did south-south become an ethnicity.

Neither is South East. . . .  With that answer you should get the point I was trying to drive across. They are both geo-political zones with one containing ONE major ethnicity and the other containing numerous. Quit trying so hard to seem intelligent. It only makes you seem dumber than you actually are. And since you are so intelligent "my brother", learn to punctuate properly.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Chyz2: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
Al haram,

I almost choked on my soda reading the nonsense you wrote above.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by PointB: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2011
One_Naira:

Of course the Yoruba are turning hypocrite on here. Point_B and the rest are the culprits, not Eko-ile, alj-harem and the others  grin grin grin grin grin Wetin I no go see on NL.

My two inputs before I waka, make una continue with your "i'm betta, no i'm betta" jaga-jaga

grin grin grin grin grin grin on Ghanaians do not know the difference between Nigerian groups. Majority of my friends are Ghananians, one of my ex was ghanaian and i've been to Ghana they know the difference between Nigerian main tribes, the minority tribes they do not know but the majority they do know.  It's sad we actually think non-Nigerians are ignorant about Nigeria just because Nigerians are ignorant about other nations tribes does not mean they are too.

Anyway Jason and others, Abeg please leave south-south alone. If you are going to talk about south-south, talk about your people, Iteskiri.  Una should leave south-south alone jare. We are getting tired, noone made una an authority on south-south.  

The clown and bigot Gbawe is yet to show me where I used nollywood to promote any ethnic group ahead of the other.
Lieing, deciet, and treachery are his stock in trade.

People should take his word with a pinch of salt, he is a bloody liar!
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Gbawe: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2011
One_Naira:

You don't get it. Those with the usual insecurity speak as if Ghanaians side with them against others. That is a big lie. Ghanaians see all Nigerians as roughly the same in character. You claim to know Ghana. When has a Ghanaian really sought to know whether you are igbo, Yoruba  or anything else? Once they establish you are Nigerian, that is it. The average Ghanaian does not particularly associate specific behaviour to specific ethnic groups. That is the point here even if some , down to their inferiority complex, want to create the false impression that Ghanaians somehow view them more pious and the "innocent victims" in comparison to other Nigerian ethnic group. That is pure BS.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Gbawe: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
PointB:

The clown and[b] bigot[/b] Gbawe is yet to show me where I used nollywood to promote any ethnic group ahead of the other.
Lieing, deciet, and treachery are his stock in trade.

People should take his word with a pinch of salt, he is a bloody liar!

You have no shame using that word to characterise others. Where, have I written anything as disgusting or as bigoted as what you wrote below? Be man enough and own what you are i.e a nasty, ugly bigot. No provocation can ever make me claim the blood of another human being is "cheap". How are you different to the savages killing innocent Nigerians currently? Abeg crawl back under the rock you came from. You and your co-travellers in bigotry are always peddling discredited misconceptions to malign Yoruba folks as you do below. What Mosque are you currently burning then? What "regrouping" and "offensive" have you personally "launched within 24 hours" ? Empty barrel loudmouth. Other "southern tribes" indeed. Silly bigot.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-711976.96.html

PointB wrote:

A yoruba blood is not only cheap, but free! no one is suppose to know if a 1000 Yoruba man die in the north. There seems to be a silent agreement with the hausa and yoruba  that the latter should keep quiet if his sons are killed and daughters violated. other southern tribes don't have such MOU with the north. At times it MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction- where the  flash point is the stage . Kill me sons, I re-group and lunch my offensive within 24 hrs. Burn church, I burn mosque - in the North!
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by PointB: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^^^

You are an idi.ot and a bigot. Have you gone throught the context of that post? Have your many minions not use similar or worse words to describe other ethnic group especially Igbos? Eko Ile, Dayokanu, Seanet, and co. Have you pulled any of the thread to confront them with their bigotry? If you have not done that severally, does that not make you a bigot, and a shameless hypocrite?

In anycase I have no qualms about it, Yoruba death don't even make it in statistics when counting causalities in riots in the North, and when they do not much is said about. The OPC freak show is what it, a freak show.

Now show are you going to show me on this thread where I said based on Nollywood, Ghanaians know which tribes are better than the others in Nigeria.
You remain, a bigot. a liar, a two faced treacherous hypocrite if you are unable to that.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by VoodooDoll(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2011
PointB:

lol.  grin grin grin grin
[b]Ghanaians now know about Yoruba's scheming, [/b]and treachery. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised. Their antecedents precede them.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

PointB, can you please explain the above? And before you try to "squirm" your way out of this, the above post is part of a sequence of posts which taken together support Gbawe's comment.
Re: OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes by Gbawe: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
PointB:

^^^^

You are an idi.ot and a bigot. [b]Have you gone throught the context of that post? [/b]Have your many minions not use similar or worse words to describe other ethnic group especially Igbos? Eko Ile, Dayokanu, Seanet, and co. Have you pulled any of the thread to confront them with their bigotry? If you have not done that severally, does that not make you a bigot, and a shameless hypocrite?

In anycase I have no qualms about it, Yoruba death don't even make it in statistics when counting causalities in riots in the North, and when they do not much is said about. The OPC freak show is what it, a freak show.

Sharrap and get lost. "Context" my foot. You were only seeking to peddle the usual ugly generalisations via portraying others as cowards while insinuating  "other Southern tribes" always fight back. I ask you again: what Mosque are you currently burning then? What "regrouping" and "offensive" have you personally "launched within 24 hours" ? Empty barrel loudmouth.

Now show are you going to show me on this thread where I said based on Nollywood, Ghanaians know which tribes are better than the others in Nigeria.
You remain, a bigot. a liar, a two faced treacherous hypocrite if you are unable to that.

Silly bigot. on page 12 you wrote;

Only ignorant people will claim Nollywood crazy Ghanaians don't know the major tribes in Nigeria. Yes, ignorant or perhaps mischief makers.

Only an ignorant fool will think it is Nollywood now authoritatively educating Ghanaians about the major ethnic groups of Nigeria. It is only an ignoramus who has never set foot in Ghana who will assume such. Coupled with your undoubted bigotry and hatred of Yoruba folks, it is obvious you are only supporting the viewpoint that Ghanaians associate goodness with your ethnic group. What you write below, prior to your nollywood claim, even confirms this directly so stop the pedantism. It does not work with the colour 'hate' mascara ruining your make-up.

lol.
Ghanaians now know about Yoruba's scheming, and treachery. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised. Their antecedents precede them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Celebrates Inauguration In Grand Ceremony (photos/video) / Boko Haram: Abubakar Shekau Releases New Defiant Video / Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.