Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? (16556 Views)

4 Important Reasons Why You Shouldn't Rush Into A Relationship / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? / Most Common Reasons For Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by dplordx(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
expenses/finance. ashawo too dey carry money go.
those gals wan use blackberry bold and touch and dem wan buy 10k bag, and dem wan use brasilian hair.
wife from the village go cook better nkwobi and garri, and we fit sexercise after the heavy meal. and she nor too dey demand jare
me o, dat na my reason grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2011
I repeat that I am going to marry for the glory of God and God alone and she will help me to care for the orphans I want to love as my own children like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Finis.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by pawpawsir: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
1. You have a closer friend/ girl or boyfriend that compliments you and match well with u in life than any of d other opposite sex. U guys work best together and have built a partnership for life situation. In this stage u guys already love each other and her best friends. You've already been intimate and cant do without each other

2. Before taking it to d marriage level, one would go a research this persons natal chart. Cus u both are doing well now does not mean in future this will be d same, people change. You must know d date/month they were born, plus year for perfect result. forget d time and put any country it will give u all d info about this person and it is d truth cus i have done it for alot of people and it is true. Forget your sun sign or d sign u came into this world with. Check the person Moon sign (it tells u d inside of d person, how d person will behave and think plus if d person is also a workaholic) and check d Venus (commitment to relationship/faithfulness/ temper/ how much they love sex/ aggressive for love or take things slowly). So the two most important sign is the person Moon and their Venus. After doing this thoroughly, u've already known 90% of this person. There will be things he or she will do, it will not be a surprise to u anymore cus u know them now and their future prospect. For example, My girl has a Moon in Capricorn and mine is in Cancer. We compliment each other, we are both committed to our relationship, we are both faithful, we love family. cheating is not our thing at all cus we don't like it, for us to cheat on each other there must have been problem in d relationship. The things that differ is that she will be more of a workaholic/ loves to rise to d top, more outgoing and she shows less emotions while me i'm more emotional and love to stay at home after work, I don't care about money plus forget rising to d top, spending time at home (freedom) with family is my money. Now in her venus, she is an Aries. she is d aggressor, she loves sex than d average female, love adventure during sex,gets bored sometimes and loves trying new things/position only with her partner cus her Capricorn will bring her down 2 be faithful, thank you Capricorn. Me on d other hand i'm Libra, I will always try to compromise/ give in to her, get less bored maybe cus of my Cancer sign, and we both like our space/ give ourselves freedom which makes d relationship so interesting. With all this we are now married cus i know her so well and we've only been together 2 and half years

3. If your natal chart match so well, then u know u were made for each other and this person will always have ur back. Then you take it to d marriage level cus u want to continue d relationship wit this person for a very long time and don't want any body to take this person away from u. it will keep popping in ur head, let me marry this person kia kia

4. Note if your natal chart doesn't match please stop, and talk about your difference and see how u can work wit each other, cus if u don't there will be consequences and problem in future, 99%. Someone with Gemini Moon and Gemini Venus will always be cheaters/ players, they flirt, baf up alot and talk alot
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by clintwine(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2011
Orinkila, please don't bring God into this, don't know why you would call human beings created by God as Dogs.
Has it occurred to you that poverty and ignorance is one of the major reasons why poor people give birth to so many kids.

As a rich man, you can afford to buy condoms and use any form of contraceptives, but any money a poor man gets is into taking care of himself and family, God bless him if his wife is very fertile.

I think many people marry cos they have this feeling that they need someone to complete them. I did remember some years ago, my colleagues were all getting married and i was like "what the heck, are these guys all drinking from the same cup?" and when i was asked when am getting married, i would just laugh cos it never crosses my mind, but i do think am getting ready to marry cos i just find myself thinking about it for no reason. So I know it won't be long, all i need is to wait till i see the compatible one.While i wait, i would just enjoy being single.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by tlops(m): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
clintwine:

Orinkila, please don't bring God into this, don't know why you would call human beings created by God as Dogs.
Has it occurred to you that poverty and ignorance is one of the major reasons why poor people give birth to so many kids.

As a rich man, you can afford to buy condoms and use any form of contraceptives, but any money a poor man gets is into taking care of himself and family, God bless him if his wife is very fertile.

I think many people marry cos they have this feeling that they need someone to complete them. I did remember some years ago, my colleagues were all getting married and i was like "what the heck, are these guys all drinking from the same cup?" and when i was asked when am getting married, i would just laugh cos it never crosses my mind, but i do think am getting ready to marry cos i just find myself thinking about it for no reason. So I know it won't be long, all i need is to wait till i see the compatible one.While i wait, i would just enjoy being single.

Are you aware that these set of people do not tolerate any form of in-fertility. They believe it is their God given mandate to populate the world.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by daves2ng(m): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2011
The ideality of marriage is for companionship, friendship, comfort, trust and then child bearing amongst other good things and also if u marry really right and the right person, ur life and destiny can soar really high cos u got the right person to complimemnt you cos a good wife is favour from the Lord
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by clintwine(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
That's where the ignorance i mentioned earlier comes about.

If people break that ceiling of poverty and are educated, they would understand that its not all about producing kids, but most importantly being able to sustain and train them.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by muyoto: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2011
clintwine:

Abeg make I hear word. The man is soo poor and cannot afford condoms that can be obtained as cheaply as N10/pack. I undestand they are even given freely in some FHI centres.

Does poverty also make one take leave of one's senses?

Is the man not aware that knacking his wife [i]unprotectedly [/i]will bring children into the world? children that he knows he cannot cater for??

IS THAT FAIR

IS IT HUMAN? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
Orikinla:

For the glory of God. Because, I DO NOT share the selfish reasons of those who cannot live a normal life without marriage. I keep on repeating that bad marriages are the causes of the corruption, greed and wickedness plaguing Nigeria and the other corrupt and poor countries in the world. Go to the slums of the poor majority, you will see that most of the social problems are caused by dysfunctional families started by bad and wrong marriages. Marriage like religion is a very hypocritical practice among the majority who pay mere lip service to their matrimonial vows. If not for the FEAR OF GOD, I would have been sleeping with the wives of my friends and neighbours. Adultery is very common among them. Married couples do not behave like they are married. That is why I wrote "In the House of Dogs". IF YOU CANNOT BE FAITHFUL AND CANNOT SECURE YOUR FAMILY, PLEASE DON'T MARRY. So that you will not bring your matrimonial failures to disturb others. I hate the sight of married couples in the slums living like dogs. God does not force anyone to marry. Marry, marry, marry! How much is your marriage contributing to our GDP and GNP? Since 2008 to date, I have spent nearly N1 million on helping victims of bad marriages. You married id-i-ots make me sick with your liabilities. My late father  married early and left 6 children and I spent over a decade caring for my siblings and that cost me going to a college in Oxford. I worked as a national consultant for the UNICEF and most the programs are for taking care of poor children of poor married couples in slums. Then I was commissioned by the Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services as a public health illustrator and translator to produce family planning methods booklets for millions of poor couples in Nigeria  to plan their families. But the dogs will continue to breed  like dogs and cause more poverty in the society. Many of them cannot even afford to pay the examination fees for GCE/SSCE for their children. One particular case, I had to pay for a pupil and also bought food for the family. Why did all those telling the couple to marry not providing for these dogs? Who gave birth to the over 20 million unemployed youths in Nigeria? Unproductive and under achievers posing and posturing as married couples whose millions of  poverty-stricken children are more of liabilities than securities. Only in underdeveloped countries like Nigeria do majority of ignorant people place too much importance on marriage, because that is the best thing they can achieve in this world. Is it not PRIMITIVE that the greatest ambition of majority of Nigerian girls is to get MARRIED?               
Who asked you to write an essay?
State your main reason why you would like to get married not 'why poor people should be constitutionally banned from procreating'
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Kellizle: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
Marriage = willingness to pay a bride price for a woman, in exchange for exclusive sexual access.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by MrsChima1(f): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2011
There are no finite reasons to get married. You get married because you want to even if it is sham/fake, but you are not going to do something that you do not WANT to do.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by clintwine(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
muyoto to put in simple words, the way a gateman thinks is totally differrent from the way the Oga thinks.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2011
People get married  because others do it
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2011
reagand200:

@orikinla. You are da bomb.

no he's not!
careytommy:

State your main reason why you would like to get married not 'why poor people should be constitutionally banned from procreating'
Very Good Question! I got the point like halfway!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by IbroSaunks(m): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2011
The only other important reason i can think of is companionship
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
careytommy:

meh. The essay does have a point.
Marriage is not for everyone, especially not for the irresponsible.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by hoodboy(m): 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
@Orinkila; it is only one who has a snout for a mouth that can use such dirty and derogatory words to describe a fellow man. Because you have been put in a position to help, you feel you have Ð right to call them dogs? You have a slum for a heart and I hope no "dog" will give U̶̲̥̅̊ Ð pleasure of using their offspring to form Brad Pitt. You don't even deserve to have kids as a matter of fact.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by soreola(f): 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
@all: So what are we doing to help these "dogs" out of the slums? Are we just gonna sit and complain? or wait, it's not or problem abi?  undecided
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by bamosagie(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2011
The reason most people do is because their pastor/minister asked them to. Truth is if you need a reason to marry then you are not really ready to get married. It is suppose to come naturally, like you meet the right person & the question on your mind is when, not if you get married.
@Orikinla you obviously trying to impress yourself if not somebody, but you shot yourself on the foot with that essay.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by pinkrex(m): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
This orikinla just used a rare opportunity to market himself. Im sure you were happy when someone adressed you as 'sir'? All this jargon does not state reasons we should get married cos you shifted the title to how 'poor dogs get married and pro create' and you serve all as a god helping the ones falling on you for survival. Im most times cerebral and rational in criticizing people yours doesnt deserve any modesty because you dint employ it when you were vmitting your hate cos youve been opportuned to live better off. For NL sake who cares if youve worked under all the foreign organisations or written a book before? Was this thread opened for achievers? Would your going to oxford made you better than other Nders? With all the figures of how much youve spent quoted with any form of shame i think you should stop giving cos you give out of abundance and not from your heart. I owe you apology sir, This is what you get when you misplace 'constructive criticism for the killing of human soul'. Nonsense!!!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by bamosagie(m): 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^ thanks pinkrex. Couldn't have said it better.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
pinkrex:

This orikinla just used a rare opportunity to market himself. Im sure you were happy when someone adressed you as 'sir'? All this jargon does not state reasons we should get married cos you shifted the title to how 'poor dogs get married and pro create' and you serve all as a god helping the ones falling on you for survival. Im most times cerebral and rational in criticizing people yours doesnt deserve any modesty because you dint employ it when you were vmitting your hate cos youve been opportuned to live better off. For NL sake who cares if youve worked under all the foreign organisations or written a book before? Was this thread opened for achievers? Would your going to oxford made you better than other Nders? With all the figures of how much youve spent quoted with any form of shame i think you should stop giving cos you give out of abundance and not from your heart. I owe you apology sir, This is what you get when you misplace 'constructive criticism for the killing of human soul'. Nonsense!!!
yikes! though it was a long essay, I think it was just a case of one getting emotional about an issue. it's definitely something that has been annoying him, and its normal for peeps to get emotional about some issues, and as for the services he rendered, maybe he was just trying to buttress his point.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by shumno(f): 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ orikinla that is why you are there to help them understand but it seems you are so angry and frustrated. Since you are a Christian, ask God to grant you the grace to bear with these people and grace for God to grant them understanding of what is expected of them as married couples and parents. May God help you as you carry out your job.

Marriage I believe is solely for love and companionship, along the way if God blesses you with children, all glory be unto Him.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by omoola007(m): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2011
After reading what has been written, i think a married person's perspective needs to be added.

From my perspective, Marriage is about companionship and friendship. Like someone said, its an investment in the other person and in your union.

Having kids is secondary and that's coming from someone who is trying to. Kids bless a union but they shouldn't define it. Many people get married and 9 months later have a baby without getting to build a foundation for their marriage. Once the kids grow up, they realize that they have nothing but the kids in common. I believe every couple should wait at least 2 years to build a marriage foundation and to ensure that their relationship is solid. like one of the posters also said we plan to adopt a child that has been brought to this earth and left helpless either by bad parents or misfortune through the death. there are so many kids out there. Please adopt or support and orphanage.

My wife told me a story about a older couple who tried for years to have kids but couldn't after much pressure, the man told his family that he did not marry his wife to breed it was because he loved her and cared for her no matter what she can or cannot offer him. That is the true essence of marriage. Most marriages are sweet and good in times of abundance it is n time of need that a true marriage can test itself. those who get divorce either decide to give up trying to work on their marriage (which sometimes is the best option) or they didn't build a good foundation from the start and they have no choice but to knock down the marriage.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2011
Orikinla:

You can have a productive companionship and have children without marriage. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are not yet married, but they have great companionship and lovely family. Many Nigerians still think like cave men and women. A couple will have children like dogs and pigs and turn around to say God gave them? Did God tell you how many times to fork?

this is a most senseless comment. What has the number of kids a couple has to the issue of marriage? You mention Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie . . . dont they also have over 6 kids of their own?

This idea that marriage is "thinking like a caveman" is grossly insensitive to the fact that children thrive most in a stable environment where they have a father and mom to provide them decent role models.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by mannet(m): 12:53am On Dec 12, 2011
As a matter of fact i believe marriage is for companionship and friendship, Bible say he created a woman as a help meet and God realized it is not good for the man to be alone,imagine living ur life from adulthood to old age without having a family to call your own or be with.
Also on the issue of giving birth, Bible say go ye and multiply,though am not in support of couples bearing children they can't cater for and what do you expect poor couples to do especially the uneducated ones to do(this is ignorance ) as they believe giving birth to children could help bring children that will help them.
@ Orikinla u are the most stupid educated illitrate i have ever seen on NL how dare you call this poor and uneducated folks ''DOGS''? u better ask GOD for forgiveness haba,all fingers are not equal and we all can't have thesame lifestyle; one man's poison is another man's meet and we all don't have equal opportunity in life and i believe if u history is well traced u are a product of a poor couple and u were lucky to have the opportunity of escaping above the poverty line, Mr. watch ur statement.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 1:00am On Dec 12, 2011
Orikila, your anger makes sense but I strongly believe that your comments are a bit far-fetched,
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by richkids1(m): 2:10am On Dec 12, 2011
reagand200:

@orikinla. You are da bomb.
Yeah tell em.
I think most people ambition on earth is to go cleave and pro-create and add to the pop explosion, then abuse the government of the day as being corrupt or inept.
Marriage is a holistic institution but trust ma people, especially the slum dwellers, they have turned it to a competition where children are bred like fowls.
No control.
The so called married women bear MRS  and use it as a get-away ticket to coded adultery/fornication (and the MR too).
Marriage should/may happen when 2 consenting/matured adults decide to settle down and stop sampling and have children as companion while contributing to the GDP or GNP and not an avenue to contribute negatively to an about-to-explode world population.  

This is so bad
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by member479760: 2:43am On Dec 12, 2011
OP, did you mean what are the most important reasons for you not to get married?
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by OCCULTIST(m): 4:23am On Dec 12, 2011
Marriage is for people who are not HOLY LOL real men don't conterminate themselves with marriage
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by megastu(m): 4:59am On Dec 12, 2011
@orinkinla,

You spoilt a good job by referring to married people as Dogs. You have deviated from the topic.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Dariye(m): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2011
To have kids that will continue your generation line. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Best Ways To Enjoy Oral With Your Partner (photo) / Valentine: What Did You Get For Your Lover And What Did Your Lover Get For You? / Nollywood Industry Has Turned To Porn Industry.. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.