Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? (16555 Views)

4 Important Reasons Why You Shouldn't Rush Into A Relationship / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? / Most Common Reasons For Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by nelly4(f): 6:31am On Dec 12, 2011
constant access to punnani

grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 6:36am On Dec 12, 2011
All points taken. The fact is the reason majority of our people marry is for procreation. In fact that is why thy think a male child is more important than a female child. Many of them in their desperation for male child keep on having more kids. One man now has 7 daughters from the same wife and he is still banging her to get a male child. God started marriage, but He did ask humans to behave like dogs and pigs. Having a daughter is as important as having a son, but our people whine that if they get married and leave their father's house, who will continue the man's lineage or whatever. I have seen where they even have many children so that they will have more shares in land. There is a case now where 30 children from the many wives of one man are fighting over his land and are doing fetish things to themselves. The most important point in my first comment is ONLY THOSE WHO CAN PROVIDE GOOD WELFARE FOR THEIR WIFE AND CHILDREN SHOULD MARRY. DO THE FINANCIAL PLAN FIRST BEFORE YOU MARRY, because you want to have children early. Why are majority of married people in Nigeria so poor and miserable? Do you know how their dysfunctional families worsen the problems of human development? Every child deserves a good life, education, etc. Not one having life insurance and the other having a dog's life. And being honest about my personal life is not MARKETING MYSELF.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Jenifa1: 6:48am On Dec 12, 2011
to have someone to grow and share your life with.
for stability and comfort.
to expand your social and familial circle.
for bearing and raising children.

ultimately, the family is the foundation of society. so it really is a blessed institution.

I wish I could embed this video in this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJw8reQaXQ

@orikinla,
you're simply a hater. You better change your aristo ways and find a wife. If you have one already, learn to respect your marriage.
marriage has ups and downs and takes a lot of work and effort.
90% of marriages I know are successful. I think we exaggerate the quantity of miserable ones.
and life is not all about money. there are a ton of people who are poor materially but very rich spiritually and vice versa. It's all how you look at it. You are not God to ban the poor from procreating.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by seedord247(m): 7:00am On Dec 12, 2011
nelly4:

constant access to punnani

grin

Seconded . . . . at least i won't have to begging for it again. lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2011
Orikinla, you strongly believe poor people should not marry so that they do not procreate and breed more children, How about rich children with bad morals? Why do rich people have a right to procreate and not the poor ? When some rich people's children are animals with no sense of moral or ethics, Your reasoning is very skewed,
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2011
To be seen as a successful and responsible person. I guess.
Marriage is fun anyway,have tried it once,but don't think I wud wanna do it again,cos dealing wit in laws in tragic situation isn't fun at all.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by jascon1(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2011
@ ORINKINLA, you are obsessed with your own sillyness and puffyness. all you have mentioned, marriage has nothing to do with. if u spent (just) 1million(NAIRA??) helping, then is not enough to brag over it. you stand in no position to criticize ppl who cannot afford to pay exam fees 4 their kids. blame ur economy and not marriage. you work with UNICEF? if not 4 these ppl you wud av been a jobless pig counted like t ones you are counting. i advise you to get married and let time tell how better u can parent your own kids. marriage is an essential institution.no matter how u blab, the fact stays fresh. we are all made for someone. u cant question God who initiated it. take a close study how our body is made, and how we feel. you will see a million reasons why marriage is important.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by elampiro(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2011
I remember I used to hear or I read somewhere in the bible 'go and multiply and fill the earth' hahahaha. Is the earth now overfilled that people are complaining of population explosi
on. The area of world landmass that is yet unhabited is even more, the problem with the world is the greed of the top 1% who are in charge of the world's resouces and are hoarding it and dictating the direction it flows. They are not the smartest or the most harworking as they think. The poor people too are not the least hardworking, it is just the way life has been, it is and will ever be. Right from the bible time. Back to the question, the primary reason people marry in Nigeria is to fufill societal expectation. But for me, it should be for love and companionship. You love someone and he/she complements you- that's it.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by ayojango(m): 8:38am On Dec 12, 2011
Marriage is rubbish and invitation to doom,y bother urself wit anoda persons problems,I cnt even stand in laws one freakin bit!!!!!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by maclatunji: 8:53am On Dec 12, 2011
Orikinla is crying-out for help: Mrs Orikinla whence art thou coming?
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by IbroSaunks(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2011
everybody is just hard-tackling orikinla, eeya,
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2011
Efry[b]D[/b]aY u Guys Are askin' why we Got Married Huh? Ok. . . .Its For the Uncharged Nyanshin' -- Guess u're happy Now! undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by maclatunji: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2011
IbroSaunks:

everybody is just hard-tackling orikinla, eeya,

The guy needs it.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 12, 2011
Most important reason is to own a puzzy and Bleep at will, any time any day.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by amuukwu1(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2011
Reply to Orikinla's 1st comment.

Mr Orikinla as much as you should be commended for your service to humanity through various organization (UNICEF) you worked with, you should as well be chastised for calling these people dogs. Isn’t it hypocritical and unprofessional of you to use the information (classified information at that) you gained about the lives of these people to derogate them? Moreover, I don’t subscribe to your view that “bad marriage” as you put it is the cause of corruption, greed and wickedness in Nigeria and other poor nations. If you say corruption, greed and wickedness in Nigeria and other poor nations are caused by “bad marriage”, how about countries like USA with a greater number of bad and failed marriages, where divorce rate is over the roof top, yet corruption, greed and wickedness is minimal?
Mr Orikinla you are too educated to make such careless statement. “Bad marriages” are not the root cause rather it contributes to it. Corruption, greed and wickedness in these poor nations is beyond naming a single factor as the cause, what we have are lots of contributing factors which includes also but not limited to Ignorance both on the married and unmarried folks like you.
I have read most of your posts here; I think you have a thing phobia against marriage. You always want to justify the reason you are not married at your age but the fact is nobody cares. It’s a free world, you live your life the way it pleases you.
Now I expect you to be a good boy man. Go down on your knees, pray to whatever God/deity you believe in, and ask for forgiveness for you have sinned by derogating Gods creature with such name calling. While you are at it, pray also that God touches heart of Idowuogbo, that she posts a picture here. I’m beginning to have a thing for that girl. She’s intelligent and smart. Funny also, I think she leads a very active life outside NL. And it strikes me too; she’s a real take home to mama.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2011
You cannot just marry anybody, because you must marry as expected and demanded by the customs and traditions of the hypocritical society.

Any dummy can marry and as we all can see in Nigeria, dummies are getting married every day and breeding more dummies and social miscreants.

Majority of the unemployed youths are the results of unplanned marriages and unplanned families.

Majority of the parents are illiterates who cannot even help their children with school homework and cannot afford private tutors.

Now, hundreds of these poor parents ruled by the herd mentality are sending their kids to fake nursery and fake private schools on every street.
How are they fake?
Majority of them are fake, because  the teachers are half-baked and are not certified to teach.
There are more schools than qualified teachers.

These opportunists opening these fake schools to admit the increasing population of children who are mostly from poor parents who are poorly paid are simply fishing in troubled waters.

You see overcrowded classrooms from nursery schools to universities with many unqualified tutors.
They end up with graduating pupils and students who are not well educated and often unemployable.
A secondary school leaver of today knows all about BB and Facebook, but cannot speak or write a correct sentence. They are pathetic victims of a failed state.

Now, the Lagos State government has increased tuition fees and the poor students are protesting. Those whose parents and guardians cannot afford their school fees will  end up on the streets or factories. But the manufacturing industry has collapsed and the few struggling ones cannot even employ up to one million people.
The banks, oil companies, insurance companies and other firms cannot employ up to one million people.
But the catastrophe started from unplanned marriages and unplanned families.

The sociological time bombs exploding daily are worse than the political bombs of the Boko Haram, thousands of the "Almajiri" dogs roaming in the northern regions and being trained as nomadic foot soldiers by the enemies of the state, Niger Delta militants and other lunatic fringe of dysfunctional families, on and off campus LovePeddlers, juvenile delinquents and other dangerous fallout of the Nigerian crisis and others plaguing poor countries are  the grave consequences of dysfunctional families.

Do you know how much we have lost over the years in both lives and properties to the horrors and terrors of the recurrent violence in the middle belt, northern regions and some parts of the southern regions?
Who are the perpetrators?
Mostly youths on rampage.

Youths from married semi-literate or illiterate parents who have failed to provide the necessary education and welfare for their kids who become easy recruits of desperate political power brokers, criminal gangs and pimps. 

Please, LEAVE  ORIKINLA ALONE and focus on the  cogent issues raised.

[size=28pt]Marriage is the bedrock of a family and the state of every family in every community affects the rest of the society. The matter is not about the ups and downs of marriage as someone mentioned. It is about the welfare of our community and  the society. You are free to marry, but please make sure you are not going to breed mutants to torment us tomorrow. LovePeddlers and armed robbers have caused the untimely death of more people than Boko Haram. No good marriage will breed LovePeddlers and criminals.   [/size]            

[size=28pt]The reasons to marry must be to raise a good family to build a good community and society in the nation building of a civilized country.

To me it is EVIL to marry and bear children who will be exposed to inhuman living conditions.

I mean why should anyone living in the slums marry?
Except he is insane?

I have seen a couple who even went to tertiary schools and got married and lived in one single 9 feet by 12 feet room in a tenement where they shared  one toilet and bathroom with about seven married co-tenants with several children numbering up to 20  and they spent 10 years in that environment. The wife even has a Masters degree. And we have thousands of married couples like that in the slums of Nigeria. It is evil to have children and subject them to the nightmares of such an inhuman environment. Do you know that most of the jails in the US have better toilets and  bathrooms than majority of the tenements in Nigerian slums. And the prisoners even have regular power supply, good regular water supply, better medicare and health care services. Their environment is 1000 times more humane than the typical slum in Nigeria where hundreds of Nigerian couples are getting married like dogs every week. Have you gone mad? I am done with this discussion!    [/size]
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by maclatunji: 9:46am On Dec 12, 2011
^^^ Just go and get married and breed "Proper People" for the society.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by IbroSaunks(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2011
here's to orikinla, for changing the topic from "most important reasons to marry" to "most important reasons NOT to marry"!!! marriages shouldn't even be entirely based on procreation in the first place, so he just may have a point.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by maclatunji: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2011
IbroSaunks:

here's to orikinla, for changing the topic from "most important reasons to marry" to "most important reasons NOT to marry"!!! marriages shouldn't even be entirely based on procreation in the first place, so he just may have a point.

Nah, he is just afraid of commitment!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2011
[size=48pt]Only intellectual morons who preferred to be dogs to the noble humans God made them will marry while living in Nigerian slums. And majority of the married couples in Nigeria are living in the slums grin![/size]

Have a lovely day! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2011
Too much guy.
You seem to hate the poor.
That's not good.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by TenKobo1: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by terimama: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2011
let me say my bit. i hmmm, wanted to get married since age 20 2 avoid sleeping around, i was beaten blue n black by my folks when they knew my intention. i see marriage as an opportunity to have sex without the issue of sin coming to play and also for companionship, someone to witness your life with u, to compliment n to always be there. the only problem i have with d marriage is that when u attain a certain height or age in Nigeria as a female, n u or not yet married, the society view u as d worst person carrying d greatest curse. sad
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 12, 2011
@Orikinla

If I meet you in person, I will slap you. The topic is reasons why people get married and NOT why people shouldnt get married. Moronic idiota of "Orikinlaic" proportion. For your information, God according to the Bible created humans on bare surface without shelter, that is beyond slum. So you mock your Christian God.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by guseman(m): 11:45am On Dec 12, 2011
Companionship (God see that it is not good for a man to be alone,then He created Eve)

Children (Go forth and fill d face of the Earth)

Helping hands (was tired of cooking for myself,washing of my clothes and sleeping alone),

@Orikinla

You are out of points

@all
Don't argue with a fool because people might not see the difference!

What is the population of China, India ? Am sure their economy is still better than us.

A man in the village or the so call slum has no DSTV to entertain himself except his wife Mama Orikinla and the man has drank too much ogoro cos he can't afford to buy beer? What do we expect 9months later, big head like Oriki. So are you blaming the man or his poor situation?

Inequality is every where, in the US there are slums. In the UK there are places like pekcham,in naija we have Ajegunle and because you grow up there you should not be blaming anybody(I no mention any names o).

Ema bi si, ki esi ma resi

Nigeria is so bless with HUMAN and natural resources that can go round for every body in this country but only a few that are spending the cash. God will help us all
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by 4wardever(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
Linex:

To be seen as a successful and responsible person. I guess.
Marriage is fun anyway,have tried it once,but don't think I wud wanna do it again, cos dealing wit in laws in a tragic situation isn't fun at all.

Can you pls share more on this?

2buff:

Too much guy.
You seem to hate the poor.
That's not good.

Exactly.

Guys, I hope this is not deviating but can we also chew on this?
I know of someone passing through an ordeal. I mean, he is abt 62 years of age just lost his wife and none of the four kids are married yet. Interestingly, the old dude is already thinking of a second wife but the kids are not in support of this yet he is about to do that all the same. So am asking now what are his reasons for wanting to get married? I mean the old man - mind you he is a retired caterer and has nieces and nephews living with him for companion sake.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
marriage is meant for everyone whether the poor or rich. the poor pple r probably used to living in the slums, so allow them. however, moderation is important. have d number of kids u cn take care of.

poor pple dont only hv too many children cos they r too poor to afford condoms but because dey cnt afford diff forms of procreation like being a member of a club or something like d rich folks, so they turn to their wives again for leisure.
d important reasons for getting married?hmm, cos God said it? still booting,

@orinkinla, u shld be ready to be attackd whn u post such a controversial comment. calling d poor pple "dogs".wow!! u gat guts!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by leoebhos(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
apart from love, raising kid and financial stability
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
seedord247:

Seconded . . . . at least i won't have to begging for it again. lipsrsealed

Wait 5 more years or after she has had kids and see whether this statement is true. grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2011
Jenifa_:

to have someone to grow and share your life with. Why? Why can't you grow on your own?
for stability and comfort. You can't have that as a single person? More so, can you not have both better as a single person?
to expand your social and familial circle. For what? The one you have is not sufficient? You can't do the former as a singleton?
for bearing and raising children. Hmm!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2011
[b]Interesting. Well I repeat what I sing daily and will continue singing.

IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY,SATISFIED AND WHOLE AS A SINGLE PERSON THEN YOU CAN NEVER BE HAPPY IN MARRIAGE.
All these reasons people are giving like kids,sex,finances are not key.
I would choose companionship over anything else. Because if any of the reasons fail you will be a very miserable fellow.

Orinkila is also missing it here. We don't marry cz we are rich or poor.The society shouldn't dictate to us.We are supposed to change it and I don't think banning marriages among the poor is the solution. Responsibility is what ails societies so these poor people can be taught responsibility and action taken not just words. And who said the rich don't stress with their pathetic marriage lives?
The poor marry cz they want a companion to share their misery with. It reduces the emotional pain.So do the rich. Bottom line is COMPANIONSHIP.

What people need to understand is that one is complete as a single person cz I dont remember God making an incomplete human.
That means no man or woman can complete you! They only come to help you share what you already have.
[/b]
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
LeoMax:

@Orikinla

If I meet you in person, I will slap you. The topic is reasons why people get married and NOT why people shouldnt get married. Moronic idiota of "Orikinlaic" proportion. For your information, God according to the Bible created humans on bare surface without shelter, that is beyond slum. So you mock your Christian God.

Even IBB cannot have the balls to do that. grin

You missed my resolution, so let me magnify it for you since you don't see clearly.

[size=48pt]
The reasons to marry must be to raise a good family to build a good community and society in the nation building of a civilized country.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Industry Has Turned To Porn Industry.. (pics) / Valentine: What Did You Get For Your Lover And What Did Your Lover Get For You? / Which Nairalander Would You Prefer****?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.