Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? (16547 Views)

4 Important Reasons Why You Shouldn't Rush Into A Relationship / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? / Most Common Reasons For Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by chelseabmw(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
Apart of love. . what are ur reasons? Security ? Emotional stability ? Financial security ? Raising kids ? Or some other reasons ?
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by kramer: 1:29am On Dec 11, 2011
Companionship! (1st post, cool grin)
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2011
I never take care of myself finish i wan marry.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by babaowo: 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2011
understanding and trust each other,
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by aginamuk: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
"Marriage is an investment in one's future. Sure, you sacrifice some of your 'sweet' single years, but in exchange you get to make a long-term investment in one person, building a deep, abiding love that has the potential to last a lifetime.

Marriage also individually offers a couple the kind of stability and support that allows them succeed in all other aspects of life. Think about it: How much more could you accomplish if all the drama from crazy men and women and bad breakups was replaced by the presence of a loving and caring partner? "
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by sylve11: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
afam4eva:

I never take care of myself finish i wan marry.

lol. they r liabilities and troubles, right? grin cool
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Umarjob: 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2011
I agree, getting married is for companionship.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Ndkings1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Money first
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
sylve11:

lol. they r liabilities and troubles, right? grin cool

Kinda. I find it very difficult thinking about someone else. It's like carrying a heavy load. It's even worse when you're a man.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2011
chelseabmw:

Apart of love. . what are your reasons? Security ? Emotional stability ? Financial security ? Raising kids ? Or some other reasons ?

none of the above
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by MrCork17: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2011
Pendo. sweeery you make nathasha look so ugly. Can i marry you instead? kiss
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
Kids
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Oking1(m): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2011
Having kids that will later take care of you in old age and having a companion so you don't die an old and lonely man cos every other person around you, even your kids will eventually leave to start their own family and you re going to feel very lonely without a companion.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2011
People get married because their parents force them.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2011
Dude it depends
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Agbalanze(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
Not done with sampling, wink
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Pendo.  sweeery  you make nathasha look so ugly. Can i marry you instead? kiss

hey hey! tread carefuly.Natasha is my kid sis u know.
And by the way where have u seen ,me? I dont live in peckham u know.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2011
The whole essence of marriage is for procreation.any other reason is man-made !
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
For the glory of God. Because, I DO NOT share the selfish reasons of those who cannot live a normal life without marriage. I keep on repeating that bad marriages are the causes of the corruption, greed and wickedness plaguing Nigeria and the other corrupt and poor countries in the world. Go to the slums of the poor majority, you will see that most of the social problems are caused by dysfunctional families started by bad and wrong marriages. Marriage like religion is a very hypocritical practice among the majority who pay mere lip service to their matrimonial vows. If not for the FEAR OF GOD, I would have been sleeping with the wives of my friends and neighbours. Adultery is very common among them. Married couples do not behave like they are married. That is why I wrote "In the House of Dogs". IF YOU CANNOT BE FAITHFUL AND CANNOT SECURE YOUR FAMILY, PLEASE DON'T MARRY. So that you will not bring your matrimonial failures to disturb others. I hate the sight of married couples in the slums living like dogs. God does not force anyone to marry. Marry, marry, marry! How much is your marriage contributing to our GDP and GNP? Since 2008 to date, I have spent nearly N1 million on helping victims of bad marriages. You married id-i-ots make me sick with your liabilities. My late father  married early and left 6 children and I spent over a decade caring for my siblings and that cost me going to a college in Oxford. I worked as a national consultant for the UNICEF and most the programs are for taking care of poor children of poor married couples in slums. Then I was commissioned by the Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services as a public health illustrator and translator to produce family planning methods booklets for millions of poor couples in Nigeria  to plan their families. But the dogs will continue to breed  like dogs and cause more poverty in the society. Many of them cannot even afford to pay the examination fees for GCE/SSCE for their children. One particular case, I had to pay for a pupil and also bought food for the family. Why did all those telling the couple to marry not providing for these dogs? Who gave birth to the over 20 million unemployed youths in Nigeria? Unproductive and under achievers posing and posturing as married couples whose millions of  poverty-stricken children are more of liabilities than securities. Only in underdeveloped countries like Nigeria do majority of ignorant people place too much importance on marriage, because that is the best thing they can achieve in this world. Is it not PRIMITIVE that the greatest ambition of majority of Nigerian girls is to get MARRIED?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Nicaty: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2011
I believe its for companionship. Its also a beautiful thing when kids come out of a beautiful union.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The whole essence of marriage is for procreation.any other reason is man-made !
says who??

@op, consummation of an eternal friendship
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2011
Orikinla is one angry murrerfulka,
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Rashluv: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
procreation is secondary,bt the primary reason 4 marriage is more dan dat. children comes as a blesin of the union after it was based on this reasons!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by alexola20(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Child(ren).
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by bekay911(f): 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2011
For companionship wat else and to avoid fornication
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2011
obowunmi:

Orikinla is one angry murrerfulka,
. I am angered by the horrible and terrible state of Nigeria caused by ill-bred people from dysfunctional families of adulterous couples. Couples who fail IQ tests and cannot prove that they can provide for their family should not be allowed to marry. Families with more children should pay more tax.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by muyoto: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2011
To aviod temptation cool
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by peziz(f): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
Orikinla:

For the glory of God. Because, I DO NOT share the selfish reasons of those who cannot live a normal life without marriage. I keep on repeating that bad marriages are the causes of the corruption, greed and wickedness plaguing Nigeria and the other corrupt and poor countries in the world. Go to the slums of the poor majority, you will see that most of the social problems are caused by dysfunctional families started by bad and wrong marriages. Marriage like religion is a very hypocritical practice among the majority who pay mere lip service to their matrimonial vows. If not for the FEAR OF GOD, I would have been sleeping with the wives of my friends and neighbours. Adultery is very common among them. Married couples do not behave like they are married. That is why I wrote "In the House of Dogs". IF YOU CANNOT BE FAITHFUL AND CANNOT SECURE YOUR FAMILY, PLEASE DON'T MARRY. So that you will not bring your matrimonial failures to disturb others. I hate the sight of married couples in the slums living like dogs. God does not force anyone to marry. Marry, marry, marry! How much is your marriage contributing to our GDP and GNP? Since 2008 to date, I have spent nearly N1 million on helping victims of bad marriages. You married id-i-ots make me sick with your liabilities. My late father  married early and left 6 children and I spent over a decade caring for my siblings and that cost me going to a college in Oxford. I worked as a national consultant for the UNICEF and most the programs are for taking care of poor children of poor married couples in slums. Then I was commissioned by the Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services as a public health illustrator and translator to produce family planning methods booklets for millions of poor couples in Nigeria  to plan their families. But the dogs will continue to breed  like dogs and cause more poverty in the society. Many of them cannot even afford to pay the examination fees for GCE/SSCE for their children. One particular case, I had to pay for a pupil and also bought food for the family. Why did all those telling the couple to marry not providing for these dogs? Who gave birth to the over 20 million unemployed youths in Nigeria? Unproductive and under achievers posing and posturing as married couples whose millions of  poverty-stricken children are more of liabilities than securities. Only in underdeveloped countries like Nigeria do majority of ignorant people place too much importance on marriage, because that is the best thing they can achieve in this world. Is it not PRIMITIVE that the greatest ambition of majority of Nigerian girls is to get MARRIED?               
jeez!! So much disgust 4 poor married folks. Sir i clearly get what you are saying, your job exposes u to situations like that, however i don't think there wz any need 4 d name calling. That wz jst nt good. There r beta ways to express ur view on such issues. Hope u dnt tell d kids of such dysfunctional family that there parents are dogs who breed here and there.
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by muyoto: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2011
Orikinla:

@bolded you harsh o!
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by okoorisha: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2011
hey kramer,
your first post? it took dis post to pull u out ur shell, some weighty then, lol
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2011
You can have a productive companionship and have children without marriage. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are not yet married, but they have great companionship and lovely family. Many Nigerians still think like cave men and women. A couple will have children like dogs and pigs and turn around to say God gave them? Did God tell you how many times to fork?
Re: What Are The Most Important Reasons For You To Get Married? by reagand200(m): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2011
@orikinla. You are da bomb.
Yeah tell em.
I think most people ambition on earth is to go cleave and pro-create and add to the pop explosion, then abuse the government of the day as being corrupt or inept.
Marriage is a holistic institution but trust ma people, especially the slum dwellers, they have turned it to a competition where children are bred like fowls.
No control.
The so called married women bear MRS  and use it as a get-away ticket to coded adultery/fornication (and the MR too).
Marriage should/may happen when 2 consenting/matured adults decide to settle down and stop sampling and have children as companion while contributing to the GDP or GNP and not an avenue to contribute negatively to an about-to-explode world population.  

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Ladies With Stretch Marks. Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date Them. / What People Do Not Know About Ogbanje: Question People Ask / See What I Saw As My Gf Dp On Whatsapp (picture Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.