Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (12015 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? / Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Wislet(f): 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
some peeps here love popularity and like associating with them too. yes, fame attracts. nobody here will reject that, I'm sure. if we are frank. while some are self conscious around such people, and as such dont like to be seen in public with them cos of the protocols that follow them, others will do anything to hook them. lol. so, all in all, it comes down to individuality.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by victorazy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2011
Must moderator post everything here? For me this topic meaningless. YES and that's why everybody want to be popular
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^ its bn long since i saw mods post anything here. But ur answer is yes and not everybody agrees with u.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

why?

Mainly 'cos of the respect, affluence and power such popularity brings. . .

As u know, Fame and Power brings confidence and women are easily attracted to confident peeps. .

I also have never met a woman/man that didn't, albeit secretly, wish her husband/wife was (like?) someone else. .
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by freecocoa(f): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
Like my girl C milian said,popularity most times is a job and not a privilege,you work to get in and work to stay in,there's just too much drama with popularity and I like keeping it drama free.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yorisb:

As u know, Fame and Power brings confidence and women are easily attracted to confident peeps. .
i slightly disagree. some famous peeps are a such a put off cz they suck in every way but control. not an attractive quality if asked.

I also have never met a woman/man that didn't, albeit secretly, wish her husband/wife was (like?) someone else. .
and they fail to realise there will always be a better man out there than the best they fell for. undecided

Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ Topic!
Yes! And that is why the attendance of the Living Faith Church, a.k.a Winners Chapel, increased by 300%, all because Dbanj the famous musician was supposed to pick a wife from there. . . Unbelievable Discombobulated Cretins!. . . smiley

BTW, is this even a question?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2011
sexkillz:

@ Topic!
[color=#990000]Yes! And that is why the attendance of the Living Faith Church, a.k.a Winners Chapel, increased by 300%,
all because Dbanj the famous musician was supposed to pick a wife from there. . . Unbelievable Discombobulated Cretins!. . . smiley

BTW, is this even a question?
[/color]
shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin is that where sexsinners goes? so dd dbanj finaly get a winner's wife?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin is that where sexsinners goes? so dd dbanj finaly get a winner's wife?

LMAO @ is that where sexskinners goes! Who be sexskinners kwanu? The guy papa get im own church! And he is on NL seriously canvassing for cretinous patrons! cheesy

Dbanj ke? Haha! I dont think so! If na me sef i go run na! If you see me in that church again sef, call me bastard! Haba! 300% because of me? shocked

Wouf! grin
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by r231(m): 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
it depends. . . .
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by purplekayc(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
as 4 a man it does grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Goldieluks: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2011
It depends on one's priority really.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
some famous peeps are a such a put off cz they suck in every way but control. not an attractive quality if asked.
@Pendo

I agree, but then again, one simply can not tell/know if a famous person is a puff off, 'from a distance'? Can they?. . .Well, save that you know them personally or already in a relationship with such person(s).

and they fail to realise there will always be a better man out there than the ''best'' they fell for.
cool
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yorisb:

@Pendo

I agree, but then again, one simply can not tell/know if a famous person is a puff off, 'from a distance'? Can they?. . .Well, save that you know them personally or already in a relationship with such person(s).
cool

Politicians?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

politicians
grin grin All of 'em?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yorisb:

grin grin All of 'em?

78% Some have made me lose appetite the moment they appear on tv/functions.
Fame,Pot bellies,Bad language,Wealth and Ugly is one deadly combination.Everything one sees outside screams ' HALT!'.
Now that to me is a perfect put off and I don't  even desire to meet such a person up and close. angry

But some could be attractive physically,carry fame but still lack confidence. So they still fail to impress.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by slimyem: 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
there's are lots more important things i desire in a man asides fame and popularity.
Its not a plus neither is it a minus.as a matter of fact,i like my life quiet.
Fame takes you away from being who you really are.famous peeps live fake and make-believe lives.
If i had to choose,I never want to live a life where every fart of mine or partner's makes the headlines grin
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

78% Some have[b] made me lose appetite the moment they appear on tv/functions.[/b]
Fame,Pot bellies,Bad language,Wealth and Ugly is one deadly combination.Everything one sees outside screams ' HALT!'.
Now that to me is a perfect put off and I don't  even desire to meet such a person up and close. angry

But some could be attractive physically,carry fame but still lack confidence. So they still fail to impress.

Lol. Badt mouth! angry cheesy
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^ which town,city,state,county d u represent?  lipsrsealed

@ slimyem grin bad manners
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
Akwusianubaogu town. tongue sad sad embarassed embarassed

Pondo is a bully. lipsrsealed
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by slimyem: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

@ slimyem  grin bad manners
huh??farting is bad manners?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MarcAnthon(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
Would I prefer a famous lady over an unknown one(everything else being equal)? Definitely. It undeniably has it's advantages like peeps have pointed out already. But there lies the dilemma cos everything else is rarely equal. I know for sure that I wouldn't have had a chance with my last gf if I didn't have a 'gud' car cos she was one of d so called 'upper class' chicks that snouted at anything that remotely resembled lack. Needless to say I endured her for a few months and we parted ways.
Making it a criteria is putting oneself in a tight spot - u just might lose out on peace and fulfillment at d end.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nymphnode(m): 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2011
I dont see wanting to date a popular woman as a complex of any sort. Its rather ambitious to me, to know that a great woman would find a low class man attractive should be a feat only a confident macho can pull off. Guys in her range are equally handsome with all the toppings yet she chose you. I mean a low class woman would appreciate a Bold 1 london used xmas gift while the ones in my range are already using brand new torch. So Yes, it makes them desirable
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
MarcAnthon:

Would I prefer a famous lady over an unknown one(everything else being equal)? Definitely. It undeniably has it's advantages

ok. cool. u just cut coat according t your size. unfortunately the person you cut it for leaves you with an adjusted coat that you have to keep mending every time you find a new catch. very tiring emotionaly.  i prefer you just deal with the rugged and raw  me so that when u live i dont fall back and feel the 'effect'
easy to move on.

mmh most people are in favour of fame and popularity. gosh people need to work harder!
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MarcAnthon(m): 12:20am On Dec 11, 2011
Interestingly Pendo, u might be lucky to meet a very down to earth famous person, for whom u may not have to adjust, except for the normal things u have to do cos u're seeing someone, like take them into consideration before u make certain decisions, was why I said everything else being equal. Yes, some of them are that down to earth. Few tho.
But then again, what are we talking about? If u've risen up in life to the point where u walk in the circle of the rich and famous as to get there attention and date them, then u might as well be one urself, even tho it has 'levels'. Just saying. Except for those that work tooth and nail to land such relationships. If it happens effortlessly on ur part, maybe u're not so rugged and raw afterall.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 12:38am On Dec 11, 2011
MarcAnthon:

But then again, what are we talking about? If u've risen up in life to the point where u walk in the circle of the rich and famous as to get there attention and date them, then u might as well be one urself, even tho it has 'levels'. Just saying. Except for those that work tooth and nail to land such relationships. If it happens effortlessly on your part, maybe u're not so rugged and raw afterall.

I understand what you mean.I have in my mind a pic of this guy who is highly recognised in the society but in a relationship with a shy girl who cannot even compose herself in public.Theres a level of relationship which cuts across the usual lovely dovey stuff. The level where you play all roles (corporate and home front) so any famous fellow I believe would go for a more exposed 'in his class kind of lady' just to make it easy for him to network within those circles.
If u go to rome you do as they do.no?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:46am On Dec 11, 2011
Ego defence mechanisms may provide the answer(s) you're probing for.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by moshoodn(m): 1:34am On Dec 11, 2011
noooooooooooooooooo
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Beync(f): 2:25am On Dec 11, 2011
It depends on wat one is famous for, if you are positively famous, u'l be desired for gud.

Now i dont fancy it when people greedie to be famous for wat they are not or want to be like a star
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by akanbiaa(m): 6:03am On Dec 11, 2011
When one looks only from the materialistic point of view then ones pride and ego will make one go for fame and popularity but when one balances it up with the spiritual one looks beyound the temporay and will look more for things like manners respect,love,and Obedience to the commands of the Creator and not the Created.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:19am On Dec 11, 2011
Mmmmmm
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MarcAnthon(m): 6:33am On Dec 11, 2011
I understand what you mean.I have in my mind a pic of this guy who is highly recognized in the society but in a relationship with a shy girl who cannot even compose herself in public.There's a level of relationship which cuts across the usual lovey dovey stuff. The level where you play all roles (corporate and home front) so any famous fellow I believe would go for a more exposed 'in his class kind of lady' just to make it easy for him to network within those circles.
If u go to rome you do as they do.no?
I agree completely. I guess that's why you won't find George Clooney dating some unknown girl. Still, if she's smart and educated she should 'fit' into this lifestyle with time, except it's a 'village' girl we are talking about. 'Shy' people could be transformed with time. Association rubs off on people if they're smart enuff to recognize where their deficiencies and are courageous enough to make changes. Where these criteria don't exist then such relationship is hopeless. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COUPLES ONLY: 9 Ways To Satisfy Your Man In Bed / If Your Score Is Less Than 40 You Need To Start Living (pix) / I Caught My Brother And My Landlord's Wife On The Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.