Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984067 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2012
shooqueen: Help, yet again! You may remember my husband’s visa refusal because his biometric details (fingerprints) had been linked to someone else’s name. Well having contacted the police in the fingerprint department the data protection unit various solicitors and my local MP we finally got somewhere. My MP forwarded this email:

**Thank you for your email of 6 June on behalf of Mr XXXXXXX about his entry clearance and his biometric details.

The Entry Clearance Manager has confirmed that the incorrect report has been linked to Mr XXXXXXX application and quoted in the refusal notice. This error has been rectified and the application will require reconsideration.

The Entry Clearance Officer will contact the applicant today, or as soon as possible, to acknowledge the error and in order for him to present the required documents needed to re-assess the application.**

This letter was dated 13th June and we still have heard nothing, on the 21st June I contacted my MP again still no-one has been in touch they have my husband’s address, email and telephone number can anyone tell me how long it will take?

If we thought it was going to be this long we could have just made a fresh application 2 weeks ago!
Does anyone have Mr Jason Ivory’s email address? Maybe contacting him directly will have more of an effect

Don't be in a hurry, your hubby will be contacted, its summer and a very busy time for visa related issues
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 10:03am On Jun 29, 2012
Wonder why moi question Ȋ̝̊̅§ nt bin answered....... I need help cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2012
@vicjustice and justwise,am putting in my application with the below documents pls advise;

letter of apointment.
letter of salary increament.
payslip(6 months)
Annual Leave Letter.
Company's ID.

bank papers.

marriage certificate and pictures.hotel accomodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
Good day all. I am a silent reader of this forum. God will reward you all.
Please i have a challenge with my uk visa application.
My application was refused today based on discrepancy in my date of birth. Eco put it as: You have sought entry as a visitor for 14days, u have described yourself as banker employed by ****** bank since*****. U have declared your monthly income as N320,000,(1280Pounce) and have stated that you will meet the costs of this trip yourself. In support of your application you have submitted a Nigerian passport this confirms your date of birth as 30/01/1(****, however you have made previous applications to visit the uk at that time you had used date of birth 29/01/19***. you have not addressed this discrepancy in your date of birth, this casts doubts over your application, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
I actually applied for visiting visa in 2007 with DOB of 29/01 but the passport got lost with another country visa on it. I sworn an affidavit regarding that in which i submitted with my application. A mistake was made on my second passport instead of 29/01 it was typed as 30/01 and i used the new passport without addressing the discrepancy.
kindly advice on how to address the issue of discrepancy. Can sworn affidavit be done to prove my DOB as 29/01/** instead of 30/01/****?
Your urgent and kind advice will be highly appreciated before i re-apply. Thank you good people of Nairaland.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
shuli: Good day all. I am a silent reader of this forum. God will reward you all.
Please i have a challenge with my uk visa application.
My application was refused today based on discrepancy in my date of birth. Eco put it as: You have sought entry as a visitor for 14days, u have described yourself as banker employed by ****** bank since*****. U have declared your monthly income as N320,000,(1280Pounce) and have stated that you will meet the costs of this trip yourself. In support of your application you have submitted a Nigerian passport this confirms your date of birth as 30/01/1(****, however you have made previous applications to visit the uk at that time you had used date of birth 29/01/19***. you have not addressed this discrepancy in your date of birth, this casts doubts over your application, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
I actually applied for visiting visa in 2007 with DOB of 29/01 but the passport got lost with another country visa on it. I sworn an affidavit regarding that in which i submitted with my application. A mistake was made on my second passport instead of 29/01 it was typed as 30/01 and i used the new passport without addressing the discrepancy.
kindly advice on how to address the issue of discrepancy. Can sworn affidavit be done to prove my DOB as 29/01/** instead of 30/01/****?
Your urgent and kind advice will be highly appreciated before i re-apply. Thank you good people of Nairaland.
First of all, do the Dates of Birth have the same year? If so, then i can encourage you with a solution.
Let me give you an instance of my immediate younger brother: I remember being an early teenager and i happened to be checking some documents and our Birth Certificates, and then when i came to his certificate, i saw that there were two copies together, and i took a closer look to see why it was so, and i observed that the data were the same except that one had record of his date and time of birth as June 30th, at 23:59PM; and the other one had it, July 1st at 00:01 AM. So, perhaps you can claim that your case is the same?
The solution: Go for two birth certificates with both Dates Of Birth, and taking example from my brother's scenario, ensure that the time of birth is also included, and include an explanatory letter with them for your next application.
I believe this is the only thing that you can use to explain why the discrepancies otherwise, you may be in a very serious trouble that attracts the 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thank you Vicjustice. My DOB has the same year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
My DOB has the same year but different days just as the scenario u sighted. I have lost the birth certificate. Kindly advise on to tackle this problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 12:23am On Jun 30, 2012
God will bless you guys for info on how to apply for uk visas, pls i am going to uk for a friends Graduation and i will be the one to sponsor the trip of about 7days. i have the below questions to ask.

1. Is it a must that i include a personal tax clearance? because i am working and i am earning N210,415 monthly which is paid to my acc monthly, plz note that i can request for my wage slips from the management.

2. How much balance do i need to leave as the closing balance?

3. I have a landed property, but without a C of O, can i include that?

I will be happy to get response in regards this questions and more suggestions or advise are welcome as well.

Thanks in anticipation.
God bless u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2012
DOMINION1: God will bless you guys for info on how to apply for uk visas, pls i am going to uk for a friends Graduation and i will be the one to sponsor the trip of about 7days. i have the below questions to ask.

1. Is it a must that i include a personal tax clearance? because i am working and i am earning N210,415 monthly which is paid to my acc monthly, plz note that i can request for my wslips from the management.
The embassy has no business with revenue issues, and NO, as an employee who receives salaries, you are not required to include any such tax documents, only those who apply for visa as business owners may have need to provide such as proof of legitimacy, but yet, it is not a requirement

DOMINION1:
2. How much balance do i need to leave as the closing balance?
N1.5 billion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2012

DOMINION1: God will bless you guys for info on how to apply for uk visas, pls i am going to uk for a friends Graduation and i will be the one to sponsor the trip of about 7days. i have the below questions to ask.

1. Is it a must that i include a personal tax clearance? because i am working and i am earning N210,415 monthly which is paid to my acc monthly, plz note that i can request for my wslips from the management.

My colleague was denied because he did not show his tax card but was later given when he showed it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
@vctrokoye, is ur colleague a business person or working?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
@vctrokoye, is ur colleague a business person or working?
No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ vctrokoye i did not get u is he a business person u mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
NuNu08: @justwise.......i mean am applyin 4 a visit visa....i ave a store which has been registered,,an Acc wiff a bal of 2+million,,& mai cousin iss sendin me an invitation letter!! §ø what oda document dooo i gt 4 mysef..........oda pple opinion matters

Is your cousin going to accommodate you? Are you paying tax from your business? Apart from the business account do you have savings account or other account that is not linked to your business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
justwise:

Is your cousin going to accommodate you? Are you paying tax from your business? Apart from the business account do you have savings account or other account that is not linked to your business?
yes my cousin will accomodate me...ave nt payd tax 4 diss year.....i ave a̶̲̥̅ savings account dart hs 1.8m & i intend usin myy saving alone..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2012
Happy new month all. Please i want to re-apply this week addressing the issue of discrepancy in DOB. can i submit the same bank statement i used earlier? Also reference letter from the employer has been taking by ECO, can i re-submit without reference letter from employer? thank U all for ur urgent response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2012
shuli: Happy new month all. Please i want to re-apply this week addressing the issue of discrepancy in DOB. can i submit the same bank statement i used earlier? Also reference letter from the employer has been taking by ECO, can i re-submit without reference letter from employer? thank U all for ur urgent response.

How old are the bank statement and the reference letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:46am On Jul 01, 2012
NuNu08: yes my cousin will accomodate me...ave nt payd tax 4 diss year.....i ave a̶̲̥̅ savings account dart hs 1.8m & i intend usin myy saving alone..

He can send you a proof that he has adequate accommodation for you. . .tenancy agreement for instance or mortgage document and you need to sort out your tax for this year and submit both your business bank account and most importantly the savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Both the reference letter and statement of ac are less than 5weeks but the reference letter was taking by the ECO whic i submitted on 12/06/12
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2012
justwise:

How old are the bank statement and the reference letter?

b
Both the reference letter and bank statement are 5weeks old. Also pls the original copy of affidavit for lost of former int'l passport was taking by the Eco. Do i need to re-do a fresh affidavit or i should just make a comment on it ? Your urgent reponse will be higly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:24am On Jul 02, 2012
shuli:

b
Both the reference letter and bank statement are 5weeks old. Also pls the original copy of affidavit for lost of former int'l passport was taking by the Eco. Do i need to re-do a fresh affidavit or i should just make a comment on it ? Your urgent reponse will be higly appreciated.

You don't need to do another one, just make a comment to remind the ECO that they still have your original copy. You can still use the same bank account if nothing has changed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shuli: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2012
justwise:

You don't need to do another one, just make a comment to remind the ECO that they still have your original copy. You can still use the same bank account if nothing has changed.

Thank you. God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2012

DOMINION1:
@ vctrokoye i did not get u is he a business person u mean?
He was an employee. We both worked together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gangster(m): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2012
Guys, i was recently refused a tourist visa to the UK, and the notice of decision said that i had not clearly explained how my income earnings were derived, despite my payslips and offer letter, promotion letter and bank statements.

I included my biz reg. details and the eco said i need to prove that the money in the bank is mine entirely.

I have been advised that i should do a review, by an immgration consultants ( Harvard Consults) at a fee will assist me in challenging the decision of the ECO.

What is your take.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2012
[quote author=justwise]

He can send you a proof that he has adequate accommodation for you. . .tenancy agreement for instance or mortgage document and you need to sort out your tax for this year and submit both your business bank account and most importantly the savings. [/quoyyh yea he will send evrytin..my Savings acc Ȋ̝̊̅§ also 4 my business..ςα̲̅ñ ¶ use itt??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2012
justwise:

He can send you a proof that he has adequate accommodation for you. . .tenancy agreement for instance or mortgage document and you need to sort out your tax for this year and submit both your business bank account and most importantly the savings.
yea he will send ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ evrything i need...moi savings acc Ȋ̝̊̅§ also used for my ß̍̍̊usiness cus its a̶̲̥̅ provision store!! §ø ςα̲̅ñ i use Ȋ̝̊̅†??&
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
NuNu08: yea he will send ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ evrything i need...moi savings acc Ȋ̝̊̅§ also used for my ß̍̍̊usiness cus its a̶̲̥̅ provision store!! §ø ςα̲̅ñ i use Ȋ̝̊̅†??&

You have no other choice than to submit the account and give a detail explanation in your application form about the money in that account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
justwise:

You have no other choice than to submit the account and give a detail explanation in your application form about the money in that account.
kk will D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ that!!tnx for †ђξ response,,will kip Ʊ posted bout more info..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by philipin7: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
Guys please i will like to know if ECOs keep records of forms filled in the past or just refusal letters. I applied for a family visit visa in 2007 and was refused. i was told that it is good to keep copies of these forms so when i am applying again i dont put in conflicting informations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2012
philipin7: Guys please i will like to know if ECOs keep records of forms filled in the past or just refusal letters. I applied for a family visit visa in 2007 and was refused. i was told that it is good to keep copies of these forms so when i am applying again i dont put in conflicting informations

A photocopy of your form will be with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opeajay(f): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2012
Please kindly advise.I applied for the UK student visa in 2002/2003 with the old passport(I was refused).Now 10 years after,
I want to apply at the UK embassy for a visiting visa,I have the new electronic passport but have a different date of birth.Is this
traceable?Meanwhile all other information there remain as they were just the date of birth.I will be grateful for your advice.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2012
@vicjustice am putting in my application with the below documents pls advise;

-letter of appointment.
-letter of salary increament.
-payslip(6 months)
-Annual Leave Letter.
-Company's ID.

-bank papers.

-marriage certificate and pictures.

-hotel accomodation

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.