Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (211735 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by slamdunk99(m): 3:08am On Apr 08, 2012
Hello House......nice work you are all doing here..........followed dis thread for some time and it successfully helped me apply n get admission for masters at UBC start date sept 4. My main prob is my sponsor (mum) as she has only about 20000usd in her account while mine has about 9000usd. My tuition per annum is 7500usd. Apart from dis every oda tin looks good. Don't know how safe it is to go ahead with it and if it will be late if I apply in 1st wk of May. Pls house wat do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by amagb: 4:45am On Apr 08, 2012
Fhemmmy:

If you are only coming to Canada to buy stuff and ship to Nigeria and be back, that does not qualify you as an investor, to be qualified as an investor, you must either be:
Willing to invest like 800,000$$ into the economy of Canada
Willing to own a business where you would employ people
If you would buy and operate a farm.

At the end of the day, you must be investing into the economy of Canada and not just by buying goods and shipping to Nigeria alone.
Also, there is a cap to how many applications are received per year on this and the next phase will be next year, which will start in July 2012 this year.

Hope this answers your question . . . . But you are sounding more like someone that wanna visit here to buy stuff and go back, except if you wanna do this on a permanent basis.

@fhemmmy
Thanks for the message.I said earlier that i'm not applying for investor visa.I just want to apply for a business visa which allows me to go and purchase stuffs and return back to Nigeria,so that is why am seeking for any advice regarding the visa process.Do you have any advice? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lalla89: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
hello house ,im filling my study permit questionaire of canada embasy and i came acros 1 question which is , why did you select your propose program ? Im going to study business admin ,who is gonna help with sum ansas pls
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
lalla89: hello house ,im filling my study permit questionaire of canada embasy and i came acros 1 question which is , why did you select your propose program ? Im going to study business admin ,who is gonna help with sum ansas pls
...different people with different reasons,your own reason for choosing it may be different to mine.u need to tell them why u choose the course
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lalla89: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2012
bt please tel me your reason ,then i wil add with ma own ,thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Danyl(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2012
Helo house,I had a cgpa of 3.18 on a scale of 5 in botany but i have d intention of studyn computer science-bioinformatics combination @undergraduate level at the university of alberta because i want to major on bioinformatics,does anyone knw if univ. Of alberta do respond to queries through email on time, because I knw they are credible,bt i've applied to dalhousie university b4,they requested for my transcript frm d university i graduated frm,bt i asked them will they waive the english proficiency requirement for me if i send the transcript,for the past five weeks they've not responded to my email,i feel so terrified,I called them,bt their response was that i shud send it n my alma mata is on strike right now-OOU.
2. Pls anybody with gud info on schls that don't bother their applicants for (undergraduate n graduate studies) on english proficient
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2012
ama_gb:

@fhemmmy
Thanks for the message.I said earlier that i'm not applying for investor visa.I just want to apply for a business visa which allows me to go and purchase stuffs and return back to Nigeria,so that is why am seeking for any advice regarding the visa process.Do you have any advice? Thanks

Business Visa that i know of is what i have described, but please note that i am not claiming to know it all, so i am sure one or more forumite might be able to shed more light on this.
But chances are, what you looking for is not referred to as Business Visa . . . Please note, i could be wrong.

Most guys that i know does what you wanna be doing, only apply for visiting visa and they buy all they wanna buy and move on once they are done, but there could be a better way.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 1:44am On Apr 09, 2012
@All
Please if you know that your application was submitted during DEC/JAN/FEB through VAC please start contacting them via thier customer care line otherwise you might just be waiting while your medical call up is just lying down there because they have recieved it and did not update it on thier web site.
When I went to submit my form after the medicals I saw some envelopes that were arranged in a carton behind the lady that was attending to me and when I asked the lady she said those were medical call up letters and when I asked her the time mine came to thier office she surprisingly told me 9th feb. I was so so angry and I asked her why didnt they update it in thier site all she could say was that it was updated that i didnt check it well while as I type they have not even done it.
So please lets those of us that have submited through VAC start calling to find out the current status of our application to avoid subsequent delays.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by amagb: 3:39am On Apr 09, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Business Visa that i know of is what i have described, but please note that i am not claiming to know it all, so i am sure one or more forumite might be able to shed more light on this.
But chances are, what you looking for is not referred to as Business Visa . . . Please note, i could be wrong.

Most guys that i know does what you wanna be doing, only apply for visiting visa and they buy all they wanna buy and move on once they are done, but there could be a better way.

Thanks,i fully appreciate.I think you are right,Canadian embassy might only issue visiting visa for business trip.Is there any other document i can attach to my application? These are the documents i know about,letter of invitation,company certificate,tax papers,bank record.Do i need a police clearance?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lalla89: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2012
@sucre cruz ,please let me have ur contact number of ur email i have private talk with u .tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
sucre cruz: @All
Please if you know that your application was submitted during DEC/JAN/FEB through VAC please start contacting them via thier customer care line otherwise you might just be waiting while your medical call up is just lying down there because they have recieved it and did not update it on thier web site.
When I went to submit my form after the medicals I saw some envelopes that were arranged in a carton behind the lady that was attending to me and when I asked the lady she said those were medical call up letters and when I asked her the time mine came to thier office she surprisingly told me 9th feb. I was so so angry and I asked her why didnt they update it in thier site all she could say was that it was updated that i didnt check it well while as I type they have not even done it.
So please lets those of us that have submited through VAC start calling to find out the current status of our application to avoid subsequent delays.

Beautiful advice for the people, and nice to have a caring heart
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2012
ama_gb:

Thanks,i fully appreciate.I think you are right,Canadian embassy might only issue visiting visa for business trip.Is there any other document i can attach to my application? These are the documents i know about,letter of invitation,company certificate,tax papers,bank record.Do i need a police clearance?

Police clearance might be a facilitator . . . .
Also, is it really a MUST that you have to travel to Canada to buy what you wanna buy, there are so many other ways to do your buying, and you dont have to step a foot on the plane, that will save you money and time.
But if you wanna come and chill a little in Canada while you do your shopping, that wont be a bad idea.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2012
@all,
This is VAC contact number, +2347042848030.This is de number i used and it worked.My own medicals came in on the 17th of febuary,but i only got 2 know on da 28th of march cos i cald dere office just 2 check up my application.Its just 2 bad!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2012
Paschal137: @all,
This is VAC contact number, +2347042848030.This is de number i used and it worked.My own medicals came in on the 17th of febuary,but i only got 2 know on da 28th of march cos i cald dere office just 2 check up my application.Its just 2 bad!

What does VAC stands for?
Just a question, Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Fhemmmy,
Its Visa Application Center.Hope ur ok sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2012
Paschal137: @Fhemmmy,
Its Visa Application Center.Hope ur ok sir?

I am kool Sir . . . Just kinda familiar with Embassy and i have been reading VAC and VAC for the last few days on this thread. . . . Thanks, Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2012
Danyl: Helo house,I had a cgpa of 3.18 on a scale of 5 in botany but i have d intention of studyn computer science-bioinformatics combination @undergraduate level at the university of alberta because i want to major on bioinformatics,does anyone knw if univ. Of alberta do respond to queries through email on time, because I knw they are credible,bt i've applied to dalhousie university b4,they requested for my transcript frm d university i graduated frm,bt i asked them will they waive the english proficiency requirement for me if i send the transcript,for the past five weeks they've not responded to my email,i feel so terrified,I called them,bt their response was that i shud send it n my alma mata is on strike right now-OOU.
2. Pls anybody with gud info on schls that don't bother their applicants for (undergraduate n graduate studies) on english proficient
We are kind of in d same position... Finished in same dept too.. Last year.. But I intend applying 4 my masters.. It more cheaper.. Why not do same too... Instead of starting from Bsc level again.. It quite expensive ... Just my thought ooo..
The strike is not helping issues at all.. As I indeed applying for my transcript too
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2012
Paschal137: @all,

my chairman abeg inbox me ur number or write me an e-mail to dis address...... Plz i really need ur help in gettin some things straight out thanks. "Cletus161@yahoo.com"
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lalla89: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
pls inbox me ur number 2 abdullahilalla@yahoo.com i hav sum questions to ask u private pls
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2012
@laala
my e mail add is efetyn@yahoo.co.uk I will be there to respond to whatever questions u have for me.

@obamacare
the number works frm mon to fri 8am to 3pm on working days and is 07042848155 and 07042848030 both works but remember sometimes frm 12noon they dont recieve calls.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Sucre Cruz,
How did ur medicals go? When will dey be sending it 2 france,cos dats where i heard dey send the medical report 2.As 4 mine,by Gods grace,dey will send it out by dis week.Wat date did u do urs? From wat dey also told me @ the clinic,it takes 2 days 2 get dere.I will cal dem by tuesday to know de status of my medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Femmmy,
Ur welcome any tym.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by pharmow: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
@ Kemi mebud I believe you are still active on this thread, I want to express my interest in respect to accomodation in st. catherines or its neighbourhood have gained admission for Environmental Management & Assessment postgrad prog @ Niagara college and am on getting my TRV. I will be expecting your response

PS - IS there anyone heading to Niagara College this september, please let's link up
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Noswaa: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2012
@sucre.i just sent u a mail now,please reply me.thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by babsharon(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2012
@kemi........my broda is heading 2 niagara college for the september semester, he applied for human resources mgt and they granted him admission. We are planning on d document to submit. We can chat on d niagara documentation.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Paschal my broda tx for ur concern the medicals went well I submitted to VAC on thursday 5th feb. I didn't ask about that but I know that the blood and urine samples will be stored and sent to paris for onward analysis along side with ur xray scan and that will take two weeks from the information I gathered frm VAC so frm the third week u can start calling them.I think they send them in batches u know they will not send it per person because those of us that submitted medicals that week all our envelopes are in one carton there in VAC what the lady didnt tell me is the particular day they normally send them but I strongly suspect its friday
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2012
@Fhemmmy
i went thru a sch webpage i saw dat their tuition was $480 per credit. Plz if i wanna calculate it into 12 or 30 credit how will i go abt it and hw much will it round up to @ d end. Thanks 4 ur responds
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by VCTROKOYE: 9:07am On Apr 10, 2012
Hi. Please, i want my sister in USA to be my sponsor for Masters in Canada. Is she qualified to act as my sponsor and if she is qualified, what other documents does she need to send
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by dipo1: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2012
As posted earlier, pls call VAC regularly to be informed about the status of your application. I had my own application updated though and they asked me to come for further instructions, I was there and was handed my medicals package.
Pls does anyone have any reasons to to choose any particular one of the listed approved medical centres? I'll like to do this asap. Pls the cost... I know i can find this info in previous pages in this thread but i am typing from a phone and it may be tasking.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2012
@ dipo+,
i did mine @ yaba.Did it 4 27k.Congrats Bro,we will all make it 2 canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.