Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040900 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ok so we're on 44 working days (9 full weeks)

Decided to look at the processing times again and what the hell they have risen to 120 days OMG

Most applications now being processed in 90 working days rather then the 60 it stated before and the 120 is new

So doubt a decision anytime soon then sad

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
@Portsmouth86 I understand how you feel hun. Just relax and divert your attention somewhere else. My husband applied August 25th, we are still waiting..lol. I was seriously going mad. I know someone on this forum said it is not possible but trust me it is very possible because it happened to us. My husband's passport and TB test was misplaced. After several escalations and involvement of the MP, that was when we got an apology email stating they are declaring his documents loss. He had to go and get new ones and submit them directly to the manager at TLS as instructed. My advise is just to relax and trust God. From august to december no body said anything to us about his application. So they only started looking at the application last month after I almost killed them with calls and emails with the MP blasting them also. They are fastforwarding his application now to piority service.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone, am new to this site.
I have followed this forum and felt there's alot of help here.
My hubby will be applying for uk visa to join me in the uk.i have a daugtger from previous marriage.i earn over 18600 before tax and ni.and I earn over £500 on overtime for the last 1 year.
My question is , does 2 and 1 annullment affect his visa appliaction.i made wrong choices and it took me 27 years to found that soulmate.
Do I need a lawyer to help in making the application.
and lastly, what are they likely to ask at tge interview.
plz I need answers plz.i believe girl fo, lexusgs430 and jus wise have being answering questions on this forum.
plz help a sister out.
Thanks all and God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
nky2015:
Hi everyone, am new to this site.
I have followed this forum and felt there's alot of help here.
My hubby will be applying for uk visa to join me in the uk.i have a daugtger from previous marriage.i earn over 18600 before tax and ni.and I earn over £500 on overtime for the last 1 year.
My question is , does 2 and 1 annullment affect his visa appliaction.i made wrong choices and it took me 27 years to found that soulmate.
Do I need a lawyer to help in making the application.
and lastly, what are they likely to ask at tge interview.
plz I need answers plz.i believe girl fo, lexusgs430 and jus wise have being answering questions on this forum.
plz help a sister out.
Thanks all and God bless.

Are you divorced? Have u got your decree nisi?
NB: You do not need a lawyer at any stage of this application (not unless you feel like been charity case, to the legal profession).

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Ok so we're on 44 working days (9 full weeks)

Decided to look at the processing times again and what the hell they have risen to 120 days OMG

Most applications now being processed in 90 working days rather then the 60 it stated before and the 120 is new

So doubt a decision anytime soon then sad

This isn't good. Considering the cost of this application.

Does anyone know of someone that applied using the fast track service. What was the turnaround time like

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:41am On Jan 19, 2016
Faithadunni:
@Portsmouth86 I understand how you feel hun. Just relax and divert your attention somewhere else. My husband applied August 25th, we are still waiting..lol. I was seriously going mad. I know someone on this forum said it is not possible but trust me it is very possible because it happened to us. My husband's passport and TB test was misplaced. After several escalations and involvement of the MP, that was when we got an apology email stating they are declaring his documents loss. He had to go and get new ones and submit them directly to the manager at TLS as instructed. My advise is just to relax and trust God. From august to december no body said anything to us about his application. So they only started looking at the application last month after I almost killed them with calls and emails with the MP blasting them also. They are fastforwarding his application now to piority service.

What is also annoying is that Sheffield are taking on other countries applications, Tunisia being one of them and they seem to be prioritising these over Nigeria, which is completely unacceptable, the cases should be dealt with in order of arrival, I am going to take it to my MP too, as i think its not right something has to be done about it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:01am On Jan 19, 2016
blza:

This isn't good. Considering the cost of this application.

Does anyone know of someone that applied using the fast track service. What was the turnaround time like

I know right even the priority applications are taking longer than usual sad

"Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others" is the statement for priority for Nigeria so does not specify a timescale, just that the applications are put ahead of standard applications

"The Settlement Priority Visa Service ensures that your application will be processed at the front of the queue. We aim to process Settlement Priority Visas within 15 working days from the date of your appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre" this is the statement from the priority service for Tunisian priority applications.

So the UKVI have covered themselves with this wording, as someone pointed out to me the other day sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
Thanks for replying .yes I have an annullment from my last marriage.someone was saying I needed a lwayer cos I have being married couple of times.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
nky2015:
Thanks for replying .yes I have an annullment from my last marriage.someone was saying I needed a lwayer cos I have being married couple of times.

whether divorced or a marriage is annulled you would still receive a decree nisi (after applying for a divorce or nullity) and then a Decree absolute 6 weeks after the nisi, when its an annulment it can also be called a decree of nullity

So if you have this to confirm the marriage has been annulled then this shouldn't affect the application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Here Guys n Gals

Something for you to read grin

Immigration officials have been trying to expose couples they believe are entering sham marriages by asking bizarre questions about lingerie colour and bra sizes, it has been revealed.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/18/not-knowing-the-colour-of-your-wifes-underwear-could-get-you-deported_n_9015794.html

totally stupid...my response would be 'I don't wear any, cant afford them because you take all my money for your visa fees' grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tpiar: 4:06am On Jan 21, 2016
how would the interviewing officers know the answers to those questions?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:34am On Jan 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Here Guys n Gals

Immigration officials have been trying to expose couples they believe are entering sham marriages by asking bizarre questions about lingerie colour and bra sizes, it has been revealed.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/18/not-knowing-the-colour-of-your-wifes-underwear-could-get-you-deported_n_9015794.html

totally stupid...my response would be 'I don't wear any, cant afford them because you take all my money for your visa fees' grin cheesy

Hahaha very funny response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:35am On Jan 21, 2016
tpiar:
how would the interviewing officers know the answers to those questions?
Maybe they will tell your partner to do a strip live video for them.. they are so silly!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I know right even the priority applications are taking longer than usual sad

"Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others" is the statement for priority for Nigeria so does not specify a timescale, just that the applications are put ahead of standard applications

"The Settlement Priority Visa Service ensures that your application will be processed at the front of the queue. We aim to process Settlement Priority Visas within 15 working days from the date of your appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre" this is the statement from the priority service for Tunisian priority applications.

So the UKVI have covered themselves with this wording, as someone pointed out to me the other day sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=thatula post=42187555][/quote].

Oh No!!! Typo...must be my little girl playing with my phone... cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by aishatz: 12:26am On Jan 22, 2016
Hi, anyone in the house? Can someone kindly help me with the price for tuberculosis screening.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 8:34am On Jan 22, 2016
aishatz:
Hi, anyone in the house? Can someone kindly help me with the price for tuberculosis screening.

NGN 26,250 Payments made at standard chartered bank
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hi all I'm so excited I had a call from UKVI to attend an interview in London initially was for Tuesday but I explained I work nights and so she gave me Wednesday at 3pm to give me time to arrange coach and time off, im so damn excited

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all I'm so excited I had a call from UKVI to attend an interview in London initially was for Tuesday but I explained I work nights and so she gave me Wednesday at 3pm to give me time to arrange coach and time off, im so damn excited

All the best... you will be fine, make sure you and your spouse discuss possible questions so you are both in tune with things.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Good development, you got nothing to worry about i'm sure that you are more than prepared for it as an expert. grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
jangolo:

All the best... you will be fine, make sure you and your spouse discuss possible questions so you are both in tune with things.

Hubby knows all about me smiley sure he will pass wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
justwise:

Good development, you got nothing to worry about i'm sure that you are more than prepared for it as an expert. grin

I like interviews and I thrive under pressure so bring it on lol, im not even nervous

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I like interviews and I thrive under pressure so bring it on lol, im not even nervous

Good to hear this. You will be fine, am sure of that.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lynjay: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hello, kindly pardon me , this is my first time in the house, and I need help on how to go about getting a uk visa to join my husband. The requirements, what steps to take, don't want make mistakes. Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
lynjay:
Hello, kindly pardon me , this is my first time in the house, and I need help on how to go about getting a uk visa to join my husband. The requirements, what steps to take, don't want make mistakes. Thank you

All the information you require is already available in way of questions and answers on this thread.
Get two bottles of water and chinchin, read from page one to the end!!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
lynjay:

Is your hubby a British citizen or a student studying in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
lynjay:
Give us a summary of your husbands situation in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Here Guys n Gals

Hahahahha...
this used to be their thing...now they are back to using it? I have a friend who was caught this way, she and her brother entered into a sham marriage , how bizzare, and they were caught out on that by asking them this simple question question of what colour of underwear she had on, her brother's reply was totally off from what she answered, they never saw that one coming... this was many years ago...
now they are re-introducing it? lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Portsmouth86:

whooohoooo..am so happy for you grin... my gut feeling says your hubby has already been granted the visa... crossing my toes and fingers for you..
all the best dear! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by aishatz: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
jangolo:

NGN 26,250 Payments made at standard chartered bank

Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
babyisUS:

whooohoooo..am so happy for you grin... my gut feeling says your hubby has already been granted the visa... crossing my toes and fingers for you..
all the best dear! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny you say that, my husbands uncle said the same thing about it already being decided.

ive decided to go by coach as its just £10 return

and today is exactly 10 weeks (full weeks) since hubbys biometrics smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Good news @ portsmouth86 . So happy for you, just go for the interview and go home. Prepare for ur hubby arrival ok. All the best and to everyone waiting too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.