Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041084 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Funny you say that, my husbands uncle said the same thing about it already being decided.

ive decided to go by coach as its just £10 return

and today is exactly 10 weeks (full weeks) since hubbys biometrics smiley

When all is said and done. Would you dash me that your dual sim mobile phone?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

When all is said and done. Would you dash me that your dual sim mobile phone?

Yes my mobile is a duel sim its a HTC desire 820 i bought it directly from Taiwan smiley so one for my UK sim and one for my Naija sim smiley

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Unlocked-HTC-Desire-820S-Dual-Sim-5-5-HD-13MP-Android-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-/151827277701?hash=item23599c6785:g:nooAAOSwAKxWUnij

Never get upgrades I always by direct from Hong Kong or Taiwan smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yes my mobile is a duel sim its a HTC desire 820 i bought it directly from Taiwan smiley so one for my UK sim and one for my Naija sim smiley

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Unlocked-HTC-Desire-820S-Dual-Sim-5-5-HD-13MP-Android-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-/151827277701?hash=item23599c6785:g:nooAAOSwAKxWUnij

Never get upgrades I always by direct from Hong Kong or Taiwan smiley

Phew, £185.00? My daily income is about £4.00 a day!! Would keep managing my gionee.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Phew, £185.00? My daily income is about £4.00 a day!! Would keep managing my gionee.
Thank you.

That's about half of what it costs to buy mobiles on the UK iPhones your looking at £600+ without contract and for my monthly contract I pay £15 per month for unlimited data/mins/sms but if I got the handset with my contract that would be more then double ....welcome to the cost of living in UK

My husband gets a monthly salary in naija that is equivalent to two 2 nights pay for me, however don't think I'm rich because, I'm far from it, when you calculate rent, council tax, 2x water, electricity, gas, tv license, wifi broadband, then costs of running a car food, mobile phone, social life (not sure what that's like anymore) then your see there's little left, unless your like me who budgets well and don't spend above my means smiley

I'm a zavvy shopper by using cash back websites who pay me to buy their products which is normal things you buy, I also shop about to make sure I'm on the best value energy tariff it's all about how you go about your life and knowing how to be paid to buy your normal day to day things smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Portsmouth86:

That's about half of what it costs to buy mobiles on the UK iPhones your looking at £600+ without contract and for my monthly contract I pay £15 per month for unlimited data/mins/sms but if I got the handset with my contract that would be more then double ....welcome to the cost of living in UK

My husband gets a monthly salary in naija that is equivalent to two 2 nights pay for me, however don't think I'm rich because, I'm far from it, when you calculate rent, council tax, 2x water, electricity, gas, tv license, wifi broadband, then costs of running a car food, mobile phone, social life (not sure what that's like anymore) then your see there's little left, unless your like me who budgets well and don't spend above my means smiley

I'm a zavvy shopper by using cash back websites who pay me to buy their products which is normal things you buy, I also shop about to make sure I'm on the best value energy tariff it's all about how you go about your life and knowing how to be paid to buy your normal day to day things smiley

I don't do contract anymore because it's waste of money. I buy unlocked phones and put it on pay as you go. I have another phone for Nigeria calls which I only topup when I want to call home.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
justwise:

I don't do contract anymore because it's waste of money. I buy unlocked phones and put it on pay as you go. I have another phone for Nigeria calls which I only topup when I want to call home.

I get what you mean this is why i have bought my own handset and when renewal comes will just get either sim only or Tesco mobile as they are very cheap for top up smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2016
Good morning people, does anyone know how long it takes for passport to get back to nigeria once a decision has been made? Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
@ Faithadunni, I'm happy for u, they have made decision on ur application now. It's 3-5 working days. Just a week
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
@Oreskid, finally they have oh after 22 very long weeks of waiting. Now to wait for the outcome smiley a decision was made last Wednesday. Do you think my husband should go down to ikeja now? They haven't sent collection email though.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2016
Happy for you, @ Faithadunni. It's better he waits, maybe tomorrow wed or Thursday before the end of the week they will email him
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Faithadunni:
@Oreskid, finally they have oh after 22 very long weeks of waiting. Now to wait for the outcome smiley a decision was made last Wednesday. Do you think my husband should go down to ikeja now? They haven't sent collection email though.

If you haven't got the email by end of this week I would suggest going to check there was one woman didn't get an email and so she went to the VAC it was there and then had 3 days leave as the passport was already back few weeks sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

My cousin is adult that came to the country as child of a UK citizen (his mother) when he was already passed 20 years old; Now he will like to get marry with non-UK citizen but ready to wait until he has is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK.

can he do the wedding/marriage now and then wait till he get is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
target007:
I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

My cousin is adult that came to the country as child of a UK citizen (his mother) when he was already passed 20 years old; Now he will like to get marry with non-UK citizen but ready to wait until he has is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK.

can he do the wedding/marriage now and then wait till he get is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK?

Yes he can... the more years married the better. Just tell him to start gathering evidence. WhatsApp chat, call records, pictures e.t.c
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
jangolo:

Yes he can... the more years married the better. Just tell him to start gathering evidence. WhatsApp chat, call records, pictures e.t.c

He is actually 33 years old. He has a limited leave to remain expecting to get is ILR in 2018 and the visa is a family member of EEA National - Employment and Business Allowed.

I hope you get the picture now. can he still get marry?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
target007:

He is actually 33 years old. He has a limited leave to remain expecting to get is ILR in 2018 and the visa is a family member of EEA National - Employment and Business Allowed.

I hope you get the picture now. can he still get married?

I am not sure what the complete picture is but I can not see anything wrong in getting married. I think even with his limited leave to remain he can still bring his spouse to the UK. For example with a student visa, you are allowed to bring your spouse to the UK and they will be allowed to work and this is the same with a Tier 2 work permit as well. But obviously you will have to meet all the requirements in terms of financial e.t.c. Btw family member of a EEA national? Whats the relationship? I hope it is not spouse.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
jangolo:

I am not sure what the complete picture is but I can not see anything wrong in getting married. I think even with his limited leave to remain he can still bring his spouse to the UK. For example with a student visa, you are allowed to bring your spouse to the UK and they will be allowed to work and this is the same with a Tier 2 work permit as well. But obviously you will have to meet all the requirements in terms of financial e.t.c. Btw family member of a EEA national? Whats the relationship? I hope it is not spouse.

Many thanks Jangolo, I thought as much. His mother is the EEA member.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 5:31am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello Guys.
Please I need you advice. It's been 3/4 weeks since my wife applied for her spouse visa and I have been recently offered a new job in the last few days. It's an opportunity I feel I can't turn down because of the financial package which is £6,000 more than I'm currently earning.
My current role is above the financial threshold the HO requires. We are yet to receive an acknowledgment letter from Sheffield about receiving our supporting documents which was sent on the 12th and delivered on the 13th of this month. I will need to hand it a one month notice to my current employers.
I'm scared if I take the job it will someway affect my wife's application, but it's very hard to turn down this offer.
Please house, I need advice on this situation, had anyone been in my situation before, if so, please advice. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 11:41am On Jan 27, 2016
Hi Guys,
I would like to thank everyone on here for all their help. I have not been able to sleep for a couple of days because I have been so nervous but I thank God it is all over and now I can be reunited with my wife. Here is my timeline

Application submitted: 14th of Jan
Application received email: 18th of Jan
Documents received at shiefield: 19th of Jan
Decision made email: 20th of Jan
Passport collected: 27th of Jan

I paid for priority and it was worth it. Best to work for an extra month, save the money for it and get everything processed within 2 weeks.

I wish everyone waiting for a decision all the best and I pray your application will be successful. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lexusgs:

Congratulations. Expecting our Nandos obligatory invites!!!

Haha yes defiantly will send an invite to everyone!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
jangolo:
Hi Guys,
I would like to thank everyone on here for all their help. I have not been able to sleep for a couple of days because I have been so nervous but I thank God it is all over and now I can be reunited with my wife. Here is my timeline

I paid for priority and it was worth it. Best to work for an extra month, save the money for it and get everything processed within 2 weeks. Wow,that was pretty fast. Congratulations.

I wish everyone waiting for a decision all the best and I pray your application will be successful. God bless!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=nma01 post=42378501][/quote]

Thank you very much!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
Jeljay:
Hello Guys.
Please I need you advice. It's been 3/4 weeks since my wife applied for her spouse visa and I have been recently offered a new job in the last few days. It's an opportunity I feel I can't turn down because of the financial package which is £6,000 more than I'm currently earning.
My current role is above the financial threshold the HO requires. We are yet to receive an acknowledgment letter from Sheffield about receiving our supporting documents which was sent on the 12th and delivered on the 13th of this month. I will need to hand it a one month notice to my current employers.
I'm scared if I take the job it will someway affect my wife's application, but it's very hard to turn down this offer.
Please house, I need advice on this situation, had anyone been in my situation before, if so, please advice. Thanks

You do not need to turn down the job at all, especially since it will put you even further above the threshold. All you have to do, once you submit your resignation, is send an email to Sheffield, noting that you have a change in employment circumstances. You will only have to do this however if you have not received the outcome before you have to hand in your resignation.

Just make sure you have a copy of your new employment contract signed and scanned so that you can attach it to the email along with a copy of your resignation letter. You will need to include the applicants full details and any application references.

This all needs to be done if you haven't received an outcome at this stage just in case the Home Office choose to validate your employment status with the company by directly getting in touch with them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
jangolo:

Thank you very much!
Was your spouse called for an interview?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
nma01:

Was your spouse called for an interview?
No interview at all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by carphy: 10:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
jangolo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you. Did you do the ielts for ukvi? Which of the test type did you submit? Was it life skills or general?

Thank you very much!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=carphy post=42388599][/quote]

Hi,
Thank you so much, really appreciate it. I didnt do any english test as I have two degrees from the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2016
Congratulations bro @ Jangolo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 11:40am On Jan 28, 2016
Oreskid:
Congratulations bro @ Jangolo
Cheers bro!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2016
Wow! Congrats. That was swift.
Mine took almost 2 months, we didnt pay for priority sha.

jangolo:
Hi Guys,

I paid for priority and it was worth it. Best to work for an extra month, save the money for it and get everything processed within 2 weeks.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
phardey:
Wow! Congrats. That was swift.
Mine took almost 2 months, we didnt pay for priority sha.

Congrats @Jangolo. More good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hi all

@babyisUS, @Lexusgs430,@justwise, @newbie715

So I went to London yesterday for my interview, I was calm throughout not even nervous at all.

It's based upstairs of the Indian visa application centre of the battleship building in Paddington.

Here are some of the questions that I was asked

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for.
2. Please confirm your spouses full name
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person
5. When did you first ever communicate.
6. And how
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first goto Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there
54. Did your ex spouse get his ILR

I also was asked a lot more however this is what I could get, as a lot I answered yes or no, the conversation was on a video link to Sheffield so I had headphones

I wasn't asked for my ID and I managed to record the conversation however this is what I got from my answers.

The guy was very polite and said we will get an email in a few days, NOT sure if hubby will get a call to clarify my answers, but I did answer them all and correctly smiley

So let's see a positive outcome smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.