Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040974 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
target007:

He is actually 33 years old. He has a limited leave to remain expecting to get is ILR in 2018 and the visa is a family member of EEA National - Employment and Business Allowed.

I hope you get the picture now. can he still get married?

Can you please clarify because you initially stated the following:

My cousin is adult that came to the country as child of a UK citizen (his mother) when he was already passed 20 years old; Now he will like to get marry with non-UK citizen but ready to wait until he has is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK.

You state he came as a child of a UK citizen, then say best to wait for his ILR and now you mentioned the visa is in fact of an EEA national, this would be a family permit, so please I'm confused.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
@Portsmouth86

Wow!! that is one hell of lines of questions!

You really tried to remember a lot of it

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
justwise:
@Portsmouth86

Wow!! that is one hell of lines of questions!

You really tried to remember a lot of it

Honestly it didn't seem as much and I knew everything they asked, even what his younger sister does for a living haha
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

@babyisUS, @Lexusgs430,@justwise, @newbie715

So I went to London yesterday for my interview, I was calm throughout not even nervous at all.

It's based upstairs of the Indian visa application centre of the battleship building in Paddington.

Here are some of the questions that I was asked

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for.
2. Please confirm your spouses full name
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person
5. When did you first ever communicate.
6. And how
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first goto Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there
54. Did your ex spouse get his ILR

I also was asked a lot more however this is what I could get, as a lot I answered yes or no, the conversation was on a video link to Sheffield so I had headphones

I wasn't asked for my ID and I managed to record the conversation however this is what I got from my answers.

The guy was very polite and said we will get an email in a few days, NOT sure if hubby will get a call to clarify my answers, but I did answer them all and correctly smiley

So let's see a positive outcome smiley

Wow. This one pass Jamb questions o. Hopefully present and future applicants are taken notes!!!
NB : As for me, I am looking for a wifey (in olumaintains voice)!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
phardey:
Wow! Congrats. That was swift.
Mine took almost 2 months, we didnt pay for priority sha.

Thank you.. how you finding it over there
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
ekpotek:

Congrats @Jangolo. More good news.
Thank you, amen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
@portsmouth86,

Hi Karen, that's a bucket load of questions, glad you could answer all, kudos. My hubby forgot what course I studied, I studied a double honour course, he could only remember one, hahahaha. The interviewer told him not to worry, many people forget their spouse's date of birth sometimes so good on you to not only know all but to remember. I think you had that many because you've been a sponsor before.

Rooting for you that hubby joins you soon, fingers and toes crossed wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:16am On Jan 29, 2016
newbie715:
@portsmouth86,

Hi Karen, that's a bucket load of questions, glad you could answer all, kudos. My hubby forgot what course I studied, I studied a double honour course, he could only remember one, hahahaha. The interviewer told him not to worry, many people forget their spouse's date of birth sometimes so good on you to not only know all but to remember. I think you had that many because you've been a sponsor before.

Rooting for you that hubby joins you soon, fingers and toes crossed wink

Yea I expected to be asked a lot of questions but at least I know my husband very well, and he cant ever forget those chocolates and flowers on my birthday or our anniversary grin

now just waiting, i would imagine they will call him otherwise there's no other way them knowing if I gave the correct answers (I know i did) I always get involved with his family and his sisters and I are all close in age so get on very well smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yea I expected to be asked a lot of questions but at least I know my husband very well, and he cant ever forget those chocolates and flowers on my birthday or our anniversary grin

now just waiting, i would imagine they will call him otherwise there's no other way them knowing if I gave the correct answers (I know i did) I always get involved with his family and his sisters and I are all close in age so get on very well smiley

Remember you promised us bbq in Portsmouth, upon hubbys arrival?
I am drinking Andrew livers salt in anticipation!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:00am On Jan 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Remember you promised us bbq in Portsmouth, upon hubbys arrival?
I am drinking Andrew livers salt in anticipation!!!

Its quite cold for a bbq haha but hey come summer I could cook up something smiley on the Southsea beach
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Its quite cold for a bbq haha but hey come summer I could cook up something smiley on the Southsea beach

Oven bbq is allowed, does not have to be charcoal bbq!!!
Are we all invited?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Can you please clarify because you initially stated the following:

My cousin is adult that came to the country as child of a UK citizen (his mother) when he was already passed 20 years old; Now he will like to get marry with non-UK citizen but ready to wait until he has is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK.

You state he came as a child of a UK citizen, then say best to wait for his ILR and now you mentioned the visa is in fact of an EEA national, this would be a family permit, so please I'm confused.

@Portsmouth86, you were right to be confused but there is no farce here though. I was not given the correct picture of the situation at first when I jumped on the thread. I later got the true picture that his mother is a BC but he came into the UK using the Surinder Singh route as an adult child of a UK born....Now he wants to get marry to a non-EEA... but will wait till he acquire his PR before sponsoring her to join him in the UK.

The question is can they get marry now and then process spouse visa later?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I am sure he won't forget wink

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
Portsmouth86:

@portsmouth. I can smell a visa approval your way. Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
My husband got his spouse visa today grin grin grin I will come back and give timeline once I stop flying hahaha grin

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Faithadunni:
My husband got his spouse visa today grin grin grin I will come back and give timeline once I stop flying hahaha grin

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
Faithadunni:

Congratulations. Good news. I am happy for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
Faithadunni:

Congrats ! Happy for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Faithadunni:

wow congratulations, enjoy and remember to start gathering evidence of cohabiting for the next step smiley just save the mail you get for him in a file then you will have all you need smiley

was the passport back in the end, before you received the email to collect?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
target007:

@Portsmouth86, you were right to be confused but there is no farce here though. I was not given the correct picture of the situation at first when I jumped on the thread. I later got the true picture that his mother is a BC but he came into the UK using the Surinder Singh route as an adult child of a UK born....Now he wants to get married to a non-EEA... but will wait till he acquire his PR before sponsoring her to join him in the UK.

If his mother is UK born why would he need to come to the UK via the SS? Also the Surinder Singh route is where a British citizen moves to another EU member state to excise their treaty rights to bring their non EU family/spouse, so did his mother move to another EU country for this to happen since a British citizen cannot get a family permit for a family member whilst still in the UK the same goes for any other EU member they cannot do the surinder singh route in their own countries, they have to move to another EU country.

In his case if his mother is like you say British born, then he is automatically British himself, this will not be the case if his mother is a British citizen by naturalization.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
ekpotek:

@portsmouth. I can smell a visa approval your way. Congratulations in advance.

I pray so, we are still to get an email about a decision made, and hubby is yet to be called I'm sure, to clarify my answers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
This wait is gonna drive one crazy..so exhausting cry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ildi: 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hello to you all. can I please ask for your advise if possible.

My husbands is about to submit his spouse application in Nigeria. i am not sure if it would be best to use a solicitor for this application due to a few past history. He was married a few times in the past but all marriages dissolved completely . The other thing is that he was denied uk visit visa on 2 occasion but wasn't banned from entering uk. On one of the previous visa apps that was refused, there were mistakes on a few details which was some of the reason for refusal.

What I am wondering is if it's best to use a solicitor . We really don't have that kind of money. Or just prepare the application ourselves. Apart from the issues with the past applications, we have all documentations and meet all the criteria.

Please what do you all think please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:27am On Jan 30, 2016
Ildi:

My husbands is about to submit his spouse application in Nigeria. i am not sure if it would be best to use a solicitor for this application due to a few past history. He was married a few times in the past but all marriages dissolved completely . The other thing is that he was denied uk visit visa on 2 occasion but wasn't banned from entering uk. On one of the previous visa apps that was refused, there were mistakes on a few details which was some of the reason for refusal.

What I am wondering is if it's best to use a solicitor . We really don't have that kind of money. Or just prepare the application ourselves. Apart from the issues with the past applications, we have all documentations and meet all the criteria.

Apply yourselves, submit all relevant documents, including decree nisi from previous marriages.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2016
Ildi:

you dont need a solicitor, past refusals have no affect on your spouse application, this can even be applied if you did have a ban.

I have listed my documents i submitted, I was also married before, and like @Lexusgs430 stated just include all the decree ABSOLUTE not the nisi, (Nisi's you get before the absolute smiley)

as long as you follow the supporting documents guidance notes then you would be fine, if you had maybe some extra for a solicitor I would recommend paying priority,only because now the processing times have gone up to 120 working days, plus this waiting is really mind boggling sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2016
@ Faithadunni, congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ildi: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2016
Portsmouth86:

you dont need a solicitor, past refusals have no affect on your spouse application, this can even be applied if you did have a ban.

I have listed my documents i submitted, I was also married before, and like @Lexusgs430 stated just include all the decree ABSOLUTE not the nisi, (Nisi's you get before the absolute smiley)

as long as you follow the supporting documents guidance notes then you would be fine, if you had maybe some extra for a solicitor I would recommend paying priority,only because now the processing times have gone up to 120 working days, plus this waiting is really mind boggling sad

Thank you @lexusgs430 and @portsmouth86

Yes we hv all the decree absolutes . Regarding priority will he qualify to use that route due to previous denials?

I wish you the very best portsmouth86
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2016
Ildi:

Have a word with your hubby about those previous refusals, let him tell you sincerely why he was refused then address those issues in the application form. Yes previous refusal not properly addressed will cause you the visa then you start fighting the case at tribunal.

Previous refusal relating to fraud/misrepresentation will most likely lead to spouse visa refusal, yes you can appeal but its a long run.

No need for solicitor this is something you can do comfortably reading recent materials here
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jan 30, 2016
target007:

@Portsmouth86, you were right to be confused but there is no farce here though. I was not given the correct picture of the situation at first when I jumped on the thread. I later got the true picture that his mother is a BC but he came into the UK using the Surinder Singh route as an adult child of a UK born....Now he wants to get married to a non-EEA... but will wait till he acquire his PR before sponsoring her to join him in the UK.

The section in bold does not add up.

Yes they can get married now and when he gets his PR he can sponsor her.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
justwise:

The section in bold does not add up.

Yes they can get married now and when he gets his PR he can sponsor her.
I agree with justwise. Where did his mother exercise her EU treaty right to bring him into the UK via Surinder Singh route? If he has a Resident card sure he can marry his non EEA partner and process the normal spouse visa to join him. There no need to wait for PR, as he will get this after 5 years of UK resident permit.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
ekpotek:

I agree with justwise. Where did his mother exercise her EU treaty right to bring him into the UK via Surinder Singh route? If he has a Resident card sure he can marry his non EEA partner and process the normal spouse visa to join him. There no need to wait for PR, as he will get this after 5 years of UK resident permit.

I agree plus if he has a EEA family permit the spouse would also come via the EEA Family permit rather than the UK spouse visa if He has then moved back to the UK smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ildi: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
justwise:

Have a word with your hubby about those previous refusals, let him tell you sincerely why he was refused then address those issues in the application form. Yes previous refusal not properly addressed will cause you the visa then you start fighting the case at tribunal.

Previous refusal relating to fraud/misrepresentation will most likely lead to spouse visa refusal, yes you can appeal but its a long run.

No need for solicitor this is something you can do comfortably reading recent materials here

This is making me extremely nervous and we haven't even started. Yes I am aware of all the reasons and some false declaration. When you say address all those reason in the application form do you mean enter the correct informations this time. Or wrote a cover letter to address each of those issues on this past application. I am so worried because some info on the spouse application won't match up the ones on the previous applications. This is cos I am making sure there is no wrong info or declaration this time. I really don't know what impact this will hv on the application.

I also want to try the priority, not sure if that's even possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.