Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035706 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thanks alot Justwise, Girlio n Saratkum grin grin grin

Yes@Saratkum, will most definitely be back to share my timeline after jumping up n down grin grin

Still jumping grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Feb 13, 2016
All this Jumping up and Down, I also want to Jump up and down too!!!
How do I get a British Bride that I would love and she would equally love me, I have loads of love to share.
NB: Before I get crucified, my intention is not seeking greener pastures (but that's a bonus).

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tegaboy: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
dear team
I don't understand who send the supporting document do I send all my supporting document to my wife in Nigeria so on the day of submission she submit the document or do I send it separately to Sheffield
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
tegaboy:
dear team
I don't understand who send the supporting document do I send all my supporting document to my wife in Nigeria so on the day of submission she submit the document or do I send it separately to Sheffield

Read through thread. Been answered numerous times.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tegaboy: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
dear sir
can you just answer my question please because the question in the financial requirement refer to me spouse so I just need help understand the procedure it will be great fully appreciated dear sir in the timeline the supporting document are send to Sheffield by the person in Nigeria so the persons in the uk send the person in Nigeria he or her document to backup the application just need to know please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
tegaboy:
dear team

You send your documents to Sheffield and not to your wife, your wife will send hers to Sheffield from Nigeria too. Let her apply first and get the Ref number then you put that on top of your documents and on the envelope containing those documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tegaboy: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
tegaboy:
dear sir
can you just answer my question please because the question in the financial requirement refer to me spouse so I just need help understand the procedure it will be great fully appreciated dear sir in the timeline the supporting document are send to Sheffield by the person in Nigeria so the persons in the uk send the person in Nigeria he or her document to backup the application just need to know please

The beauty of reading through the thread is that, all the answers to the questions you might need now or in the future, have already been answered.
I hear data is (almost) free in the uk, so cost of data should not be an issue!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2016
tegaboy:
dear sir
Nigeria applications gets processed in the UK (Sheffield) so it makes sense that the sponsor in the UK submits/posts it. And where u can send ur documents seprately with the ref number u get after attending the biometrics its advisable to put everything together in one envelope as they dont gurantee that they will be able to put them together so really it will save u lots of stress if u send em from the UK all at once with tracking. I got my hubby to send the docs he had over here thro DHL and we then put everything together n sent them through royal mail to Sheffield. Best of luck, Sarrah x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Portsmouth86, are you guys too busy making babies,that you have not updated Mr Bakare's arrival?
You cannot miss in action now!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
I'm with you on that. I came here to read about Mr Bakare and turns out that Mrs Bakare hasn't been here since.. Lol

Lexusgs430:
Portsmouth86, are you guys too busy making babies,that you have not updated Mr Bakare's arrival?

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 5:45am On Feb 16, 2016
Any advice from people who has passed through this process?

I am supa scared. My hub submitted his app on wed last week and asked to send his test docs to me . It's interesting they didn't even collect the English test . So he sent via DHL and I got then yesterday. Going to post office to post via SP for Wednesday delivery,. Just to add we paid for priority.

Just red on a forum were UKvi take decision on apps 2 days from submission.

This isn't our fault Ofcourse should they collected his docs.

The progress is still on "transferred for decision". We got the email from Sheffield on Thursday.

Please are there people who submitted their support docs after 4 days of submission. Especially those that had done priority

Can't even imagine paying such an amount 2wice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:03am On Feb 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Haha you know it grin

He arrived on Saturday, was detained by Heathrow border force for over an hour poor hubby, they called me and asked me to show my ID then let him go.

I took hubby to London for Valentine's day showed him the palace, Trafalgar square Leicester Square, and of course the Nigerian high commission, we watched a movie in Leicester Square and saw the Chinese new yr celebrations.

We collected biometrics card yesterday and it's valid 27th January 2016 til 5th November 2018 so seems decision was actually made on the day I had the interview.

I went to cook some food for hubby he told me to relax he will do it that I done a lot already, and he did the dishes haha feel like he ma wife ooo smiley

Now time for me to get back to work tonight, he's been added to all the bills and appointment to open a bank account on Tuesday smiley

Busy few days I must say haha
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Awwww! Finally cheesy

I'm so thrilled for u. I remember seeing all your messages when I was about applying for my Visa last April.

Quick one please. Does everyone on spouse visa needs the biometrics card. Whats the card for?

Yes, the decision is usually made on the day of the spouse's Interview in London. (Thats if the spouse was called fro interview)

My visa was dated 26th May, Same day my hubby was interviewed in London

Portsmouth86:

Haha you know it grin

He arrived on Saturday, was detained by Heathrow border force for over an hour poor hubby, they called me and asked me to show my ID then let him go.

I took hubby to London for Valentine's day showed him the palace, Trafalgar square Leicester Square, and of course the Nigerian high commission, we watched a movie in Leicester Square and saw the Chinese new yr celebrations.

We collected biometrics card yesterday and it's valid 27th January 2016 til 5th November 2018 so seems decision was actually made on the day I had the interview.

I went to cook some food for hubby he told me to relax he will do it that I done a lot already, and he did the dishes haha feel like he ma wife ooo smiley

Now time for me to get back to work tonight, he's been added to all the bills and appointment to open a bank account on Tuesday smiley

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Preet3: 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
hi everyone I apply my spouse visa end July 2015. Which was refused in sep 2015. My wife lodge the appeal in uk October 2015. My wife received a letter from the tribunal saying they have written and send our documents to the Eco and they have 23th March to let us know the court date. Has anyone gone through this process before how long does it take court date after 23th March pls can anyone let me know thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Haha you know it grin

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Bakare. I hope that freezing UK is welcoming well?
Take Care and enjoy your union.
NB: Remember you promised us a BBQ!!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mover(f): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Good evening house.

Am so glad I found this forum. Unfortunately the gist has gone on for so long and I haven't been able to follow from beginning. please I need your advice on the following:

Am getting married in march and intend to apply for visa to join my hubby in the UK in April. is it too early to apply?

He's on a tier 2 visa currently, what documentation do we need to provide and what's the complete application process.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2016
phardey:
Awwww! Finally cheesy

I'm so thrilled for u. I remember seeing all your messages when I was about applying for my Visa last April.

Thank you, long wait and didn't rush things so not to make any mistakes

Quick one please. Does everyone on spouse visa needs the biometrics card. Whats the card for? the biometrics residents permit is your visa and this is what shows your entitlement to work, you just get a 30 day entry clearance into the UK that gets put in your passport

Yes, the decision is usually made on the day of the spouse's Interview in London. (Thats if the spouse was called fro interview)

A woman I speak to had an interview on 17th January was refused, yet the decision was already made on 12th l, can you imagine going through that it's utter crazy

My visa was dated 26th May, Same day my hubby was interviewed in London

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2016
@phardey and @portsmouth86

I have been wondering about the biometrics resident permit myself since lately everyone seems to be talking about it. I guess putting the visa on it is recent because my whole visa for the 2 and a half years is on my passport. So phardey, maybe when we renew we'd get the biometrics card. Thanks portsmouth86 for making me understand it better. Congrats once more.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I need help
I applied for a settlement visa 16th November 2015. Just last week on the 12th February 2016 I just received an alert on my phone for a refund of my IHS surcharge fee is confusing coz my wife has not received her documents back and I've not received any email if decision has been made. I tracked it and my application is still awaiting decision. Please I need you guys help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
dday101:
Hello everyone, I need help
I applied for a settlement visa 16th November 2015. Just last week on the 12th February 2016 I just received an alert on my phone for a refund of my IHS surcharge fee is confusing coz my wife has not received her documents back and I've not received any email if decision has been made. I tracked it and my application is still awaiting decision. Please I need you guys help.

Your application has been rejected. Your documents would be sent back soonest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Haha you know it grin

Did any of your submitted documents get eaten by rats?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2016
newbie715:

I have been wondering about the biometrics resident permit myself since lately everyone seems to be talking about it. I guess putting the visa on it is recent because my whole visa for the 2 and a half years is on my passport. So phardey, maybe when we renew we'd get the biometrics card. Thanks portsmouth86 for making me understand it better. Congrats once more.

yes that is so, im not 100% sure when the BRP came in tho, you collect the BRP from a local post office and when you goto apply in the uk for FLR you will be asked to do your biometrics at the post office which you pay for, then you will get this on a succesful application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Did any of your submitted documents get eaten by rats?

only my payslips and P60 it seems grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:

only my payslips and P60 it seems grin

Above listed probably no longer required. Another P60 is due soon and hopefully you still get paid, hence payslips still rolling in.
So that ikoyi registry certificate was safe on delivery?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:43am On Feb 18, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Above listed probably no longer required. Another P60 is due soon and hopefully you still get paid, hence payslips still rolling in.
So that ikoyi registry certificate was safe on delivery?

Yes i got the certificate along with the copy.

Payslips and eP60 are all online ones so i can reprint, but dont need to now smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:44am On Feb 18, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Is their any space in his luggage for me, Mr Bakare lives in Bariga, I live in palmgrove, not too far?
Just one danfo ride away!!!

How funny my Mother in law lives in Palmgrove
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:04am On Feb 18, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Karen, you played tricks on me. You purposely replied this message after Mr Bakare arrived the uk. Lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:07am On Feb 18, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Are you sure Mr Bakare is not my brother from another mother?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mover(f): 5:21am On Feb 18, 2016
Oreskid:
Hope this helps someone.....

HEALTH SURCHARGE PAYMENT
From 6 April 2015, visa applicants intending to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months will normally need to make a Health surcharge payment when applying for their visa. To avoid unnecessary delays in processing visa applications, our customers are strongly advised to visit our website, www.gov.uk/home-office before making an application to check whether the surcharge applies in the category of visa bring applied for. Specific surcharge enquiries relating to an application already made should be e-mailed to IHS.Sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk

WHAT IS COVERED BY THE SHEFFIELD VISA SECTION?

The Sheffield Visa Section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in:
·         Canada
·         Jamaica
·         Nigeria
·         The United States of America

The Sheffield Visa Section also processes all applications submitted at:

·         Victoria Island Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.
·         Visa Application Centres in Freetown, Sierra Leone, Banjul, Gambia, Yaounde, Cameroon, Dakar, Senegal and Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
·         St Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Rostov on Don Visa Application Centres in Russia.

Important note: Emails regarding any other categories or countries will receive no response and should be addressed to the Visa Section to which you have applied.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO PROCESS MY APPLICATION?

·         For applicants who plan to come to the UK on a temporary basis, including visitors, and applicants applying under the Points Based System (PBS), we aim to make a decision within 15 WORKING DAYS.

·         UKVI aims to conclude settlement applications within 12 WEEKS of the application date. 

Any emails sent before the above timescales have elapsed will not be responded to.

Should your application decision be delayed we will contact you to explain why.  You may wish to check the current processing times online for the country in which you intend to or have already applied in.

CAN YOU EXPEDITE MY APPLICATION?

We are unable to expedite any applications unless they are exceptional and/or compelling reasons to do so, e.g. a serious medical reason for travel. Prepaid flight tickets or hotel bookings are not considered to be a compelling reason to prioritise an application. If you are making an enquiry that relates to compassionate or compelling circumstances please include as much information as possible.

HOW CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON THE VISA APPLICATION PROCESS?

You can find information about applying for a UK visa on the UK visas and immigration website.  Here you will find information on whether you need a visa, the requirements for each visa category, the cost, guidance on how to apply for a visa and a link to information on your nearest visa application centre.

Should you need to ask a question about the visa application process, you may contact our international visa enquiry service.  Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres are unable to assist with general visa enquiries. 

Detailed information and guidance on applying for a visa can be found on the following websites.

·         https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
·         http://www.ge2.gh.tpcontact.co.uk/
·         https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Queries about the visa application process sent to this inbox will not be responded to.

CAN I SEND EXTRA DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT MY APPLICATION?

Due to the high number of applications received, we cannot guarantee that such documents will be linked to the application in order for the Entry Clearance Officer to consider them. Any supporting documents should be submitted at the time of the application. If we require additional documents, an applicant may be asked to supply these after the application has been submitted.

HOW DO I APPEAL AGAINST THE DECISION MADE ON MY APPLICATION?

There is no full right of appeal against the decision to refuse visit visa applications. You are entitled to make a fresh application at any time addressing the points made in your refusal notice.
All appeals must be lodged directly with HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) in the UK. Please follow the instructions on guidance form that comes with the refusal letter. Details of how to pay the fee and lodge your appeal are available from the following link http://www.justice.gov.uk/.

If enquiring about the progress of an appeal, we will not be able to respond. Please contact the HM courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS) by emailing customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. Once your appeal is forwarded to us by the Tribunal, your appeal will be put into a queue for an Entry Clearance Officer to review the decision. In fairness to all our customers, appeals are dealt with in a strict order. Please note that we have no influence over how long the appeal process takes and we will not respond to queries about this.

If you are enquiring about an allowed appeal, please note that we will contact you once we have received our official copy of the appeal determination from the First-Tier Tribunal in the UK. We are unable to process a successful appeal until we receive the official copy of the determination. Please note this can take up to 6 weeks. Emails sent before this time has elapsed will not be responded to.

CAN I REQUEST A REVIEW ON THE DECISION MADE ON MY VISA APPLICATION?
You will be told in your application refusal letter if you can ask for the decision on your visa application to be reviewed. This is known as an ‘administrative review’.
You can only ask for an administrative review if your application was refused and all of the following apply:
You are outside the UK
You applied outside the UK
You applied to work or study in the UK under a Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5 visa
You must apply for an administrative review within 28 days of receiving the decision.
You must:
Fill in the administrative review application form stating why you think a mistake was made
Email the completed form to Administrative.Reviews@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thank you for your post. please can you let me know if my documents have to be sent to Sheffield if am applying for a tier 2 dependant visa from Abuja? my hubby is on a tier 2 visa and I want to apply to join him. I anticipate your kind response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2016
So I contacted the HO about my BRP.

This is the response.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You will not require a BRP as your visa is valid until XX XXXXXXX XXXXXX

Accordingly, you should use the Entry Clearance vignette you have been issued in your passport to enter the UK and evidence of your right to be here.
You will not receive a BRP.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Thank you

It was introduced newly I guess.

newbie715:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thank You for all the good work you guys are doing here. I was lost but now am found. Please my Hubby is a UK citizen and would like to apply for a spouse visa and need your advise on the following;

1) Is it absolutely necessary for me to take the English Test as I am a graduate from a federal University in Nigeria.If Yes,where do I take the test and how much.

2)Can Hubby pay for the Visa Fee from The UK.

3) Is the health surcharge a must pay to get the visa

4) hubby is changing jobs and moving house next month will that affect our visa application in anyway?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep up the good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.