Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041391 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:24am On Mar 02, 2016
Saratkum:
Best of luck to you guys, hopefully its all good news! The wait for yous is always over!! Me n hubby are waiting too.. but we applied Jan ending.
almost*
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 1:35am On Mar 02, 2016
Hello all,
Pls I need your advice. I recently was refused a settlement visa on the basis of financial requirement. Since my wife was studying at the moment I submitted evidence of my savings in Nigeria which was not enough. I appealed the decision which was eventually dismissed. I produced a new statement on the day of the hearing to prove that I now meet the financial requirement but that didn't help as the judge said the home office decision was right as I did not meet the requirement at the time of application. I am planning to go back to Nigeria in 2weeks time to apply from there. My questions are

1. Since i have been with my wife all this time in the uk, would I still need to show evidences of communication e.g call logs, chat history etc.

2. Since we have been living together in thesame house, would she still need to provide evidence that the accommodation is suitable for the both of us? As I have bank statement and drivers licence with the said address on them.

3. Am I allowed to use the priority service as I was told I may not use it if I have ealier been refused a visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Saratkum:
almost*

Hello Jerry,

Sorry about the previous sad news. I guess you weren't adequately informed prior to your initial application. In my own opinion I would advise you try as much as possible to eradicate the chances of another appeal. It's better to have too many documents than too little, provided you can defend them. From all indications there seems not to be evidence of you living together with your spouse and might be taken as 'just your word'. Communication history is important, as it is a RECORD. Having both you and spouse receive letters at same address does not suffice. If you have a landlord/lady, it pays to ask them to do you a letter and mention you and spouse as occupants living together and you two can continue to live together. What the Case Officer is looking for is for you to convince them you have intentions to continue living together with your spouse.

So I'll answer YES to your Questions 1 & 2.

As for Question 3, I am not aware of such restrictions. When you apply at TLS website, don't pay for priority service. Go to your appointment, and while outside the facility ask them if you could do priority since you had been previously denied; you could still pay for it at the TLS PROVIDED IT IS BEFORE YOU DO BIOMETRICS.

Selah!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2016
[quote author=Jerry55 post=43401710]Hello all,
Pls I need your advice. I recently was refused a settlement visa on the basis of financial requirement. Since my wife was studying at the moment I submitted evidence of my savings in Nigeria which was not enough. I appealed the decision which was eventually dismissed. I produced a new statement on the day of the hearing to prove that I now meet the financial requirement but that didn't help as the judge said the home office decision was right as I did not meet the requirement at the time of application. I am planning to go back to Nigeria in 2weeks time to apply from there. My questions are

1. Since i have been with my wife all this time in the uk, would I still need to show evidences of communication e.g call logs, chat history etc.

2. Since we have been living together in thesame house, would she still need to provide evidence that the accommodation is suitable for the both of us? As I have bank statement and drivers licence with the said address on them.

3. Am I allowed to use the priority service as I was told I may not use it if I have ealier been refused a visa

Hello Jerry,

Sorry about the previous sad news. I guess you weren't adequately informed prior to your initial application. In my own opinion I would advise you try as much as possible to eradicate the chances of another appeal. It's better to have too many documents than too little, provided you can defend them. From all indications there seems not to be evidence of you living together with your spouse and might be taken as 'just your word'. Communication history is important, as it is a RECORD. Having both you and spouse receive letters at same address does not suffice. If you have a landlord/lady, it pays to ask them to do you a letter and mention you and spouse as occupants living together and you two can continue to live together. What the Case Officer is looking for is for you to convince them you have intentions to continue living together with your spouse.

So I'll answer YES to your Questions 1 & 2.

As for Question 3, I am not aware of such restrictions. When you apply at TLS website, don't pay for priority service. Go to your appointment, and while outside the facility ask them if you could do priority since you had been previously denied; you could still pay for it at the TLS PROVIDED IT IS BEFORE YOU DO BIOMETRICS.

Selah!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
KemBee86:

All the best sis....fingers crossed

@Kembee86 @blza
Please check ur junk email...u won't believe I just found my decision made email in my junk email....and it was sent on Friday by 2:26pm and I have been here waiting patiently for it to come...No wonder hubby got his supporting documents yesterday...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
thatula:

@Kembee86 @blza
Please check ur junk email...u won't believe I just found my decision made email in my junk email....and it was sent on Friday by 2:26pm and I have been here waiting patiently for it to come...No wonder hubby got his supporting documents yesterday...

@thalula @blza I woke up now and saw the decision email. It entered today around 3:50pm. I saw it in my mail box. Fingers crossed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by makB: 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
Best of luck to you guys @thatula @kembee86 @blza

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Jerry55:
Hello all,

3. Am I allowed to use the priority service as I was told I may not use it if I have ealier been refused a visa.

The main question here is...is your wife working and earning at least £18600 now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
makB:
Best of luck to you guys @thatula @kembee86 @blza

But I'd really like to ask...when is the best time to go to TLS..the decision email came on Friday last week and they haven't updated nada..
What do I do please!!?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
KemBee86:

@thalula @blza I woke up now and saw the decision email. It entered today around 3:50pm. I saw it in my mail box. Fingers crossed

Yeeehhh, @thatula @kembee86 got my husband to check his junk mail and he saw decision email received today just before 3pm . I'm shaking

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
thatula:

But I'd really like to ask...when is the best time to go to TLS..the decision email came on Friday last week and they haven't updated nada..
What do I do please!!?

If I were u, I am there tomorrow morning . Will tell them I got an email to pick up Passport. Just go with your collection slip
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
blza:

If I were u, I am there tomorrow morning . Will tell them I got an email to pick up Passport. Just go with your collection slip

That's the thing ooo..dont just want to go there and they say come back after 5 working days...I'd just faint...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
thatula:

That's the thing ooo..dont just want to go there and they say come back after 5 working days...I'd just faint...

Lol. u never know. Your Passport should be there by today I believe. Even if it's walking back to lagos

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2016
Thanks @ Brightingsus @ justwise she isn't at the moment that's why i said ealier that I relied only on my savings.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
Jerry55:
Thanks @ Brightingsus @ justwise she isn't at the moment that's why i said ealier that I relied only on my savings.

Your sayings will not be considered. She is your sponsor so needs to meet the financial requirement and not you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
@ justwise it doesn't matter who has the savings provided you have access to the funds to sustain you both. Even when I went for my appeal the home office rep said that since I now meet the requirements i can go back home and apply. Why I was rejected initially was because the funds in the savings wasn't enough. If ur sponsor doesn't earn the required 18600, you need to have a savings of 62,500 pounds.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Jerry55:
@ justwise it doesn't matter who has the savings provided you have access to the funds to sustain you both. Even when I went for my appeal the home office rep said that since I now meet the requirements i can go back home and apply. Why I was rejected initially was because the funds in the savings wasn't enough. If ur sponsor doesn't earn the required 18600, you need to have a savings of 62,500 pounds.

Was the money earned in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
No it wasn't .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
Jerry55:
No it wasn't .

I wouldn't discourage you from applying again but you really need to read about financial requirement and what is acceptable.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
@justwise have a look

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
And this

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2016
blza:

Lol. u never know. Your Passport should be there by today I believe. Even if it's walking back to lagos

Lol...TLS has finally updated.. will know the right time to go there.. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2016
Jerry55:
@justwise have a look

I have seen that guideline before hence the reason why I asked if the money was earned in the UK as the guideline keep making reference to that.

I have never read or come across a case where an applicant who is not a UK permanent resident/citizen and not the main sponsor acts as a sponsor.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 10:47am On Mar 03, 2016
Hi Guys,

Who paid for IELTS LifeSkills A1 and was debited 96k instead of 48K? shocked shocked shocked.

It happened to me now.

Went to the bank and they cant give me a valid explanation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Guys,

Who paid for IELTS LifeSkills A1 and was debited 96k instead of 48K? shocked shocked shocked.

It happened to me now.

Went to the bank and they cant give me a valid explanation.

You either had 2 items of the same nature in your cart or doubly invoiced and charged.
Check receipt to confirm and send email highlighting error.
Expect refund within 14days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
thatula:

Lol...TLS has finally updated.. will know the right time to go there.. smiley

All the best. Crossing everything for u smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
But it clearly states that a cash savings of the applicants partner or the applicant.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello house, please do my wife need to change all her documents name to my surname before i apply?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
fazo14:
Good day All, so sorry didn't come back earlier with my timeline, had loads 2 do b4 travelling and very little time to do them. Thanks alot every1 and Glory be to God, am with my hubby now and trying to acclimatise grin grin grin

Below is my timeline:
17th October 2015 - Online application submitted.
2nd November 2015 - Biometrics @ VI.
2nd November 2015 - Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield.
6th November 2015 - Email from UKVI that application has been received in Sheffield UK and will be processed.
12th January 2016 - Spouse received call from UKVI Sheffield for interview on the 20th January 2016.
20th January 2016 - Spouse attends interview @Battleship Building 3pm.
Afterwards heard nothing from UKVI for almost 2weeks until after hubby contacted them.
1st February 2016 - Spouse contacted UKVI to enquiry about status of application and was informed that decision has been made since 20th January 2015 and that we should have been contacted before now, but we weren't contacted.
2nd February 2016 - Decision email received from TLS while Hubby got decision email from UKVI.
4th February 2016 - Spouse received documents from UKVI
8th February 2016 - Received mail from TLS that passport is ready for collection.
9th February 2016 - Passport collected, visa stamped 20th January - 19th February 2016. Hubby was so so so so so excited and I am deeply grateful 2 God.
Had only 10 days left to get stuffs set for travel, b4 visa expires on passport, above all WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL and been with hubby is just so so AMAZING.

Thanks once again 2 every1 here and my special Tanx once again goes to Justwise n Girlio, the encouragement, advice, assistance and hope given here is simply phenomenal.
For all those still waiting, hang in there, pray fervently n we shall celebrate good news soon to God's glory Amen! ! !

Congratulations, i also went for an interview at the battleship building at 3pm on the 27th Jan horrid place lol

hope you had a pleasant journey smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
KemBee86:
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all having a splendid weekend, I need help!
I applied first week in December and last week Monday I contacted ukvi via email with regards to the status of my application and I was replied that decision has been made.
Till now I haven't gotten a decision mail from Sheffield and Teleperfprmance hasn't even ticked the decision made button.
So Wat do I do next?? It's already 12 weeks

we applied 13th November decision made email came on 2nd Feb despite a decision was made on 27th Jan smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
thatula:

What do I do please!!?

took exactly a week for the collection email after getting the decision made email, if that helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jerry55:

which visa is it you applied for? as you said you in the UK already so is it the FLR(M)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.