Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035719 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Guys,

Thank You for all the good work you guys are doing here. I was lost but now am found. Please my Hubby is a UK citizen and would like to apply for a spouse visa and need your advise on the following;

1) Is it absolutely necessary for me to take the English Test as I am a graduate from a federal University in Nigeria.If Yes,where do I take the test and how much.

not quite. You can go down the exemption route if you hold a degree taught in English language that is equivalent to UK degree . See link for more info:
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/knowledge-of-english

OR

You can take the IETLS A1 life skills test , which can be taken at the British council in Lagos,Ibadan, Abuja, PH. Booking can be done and paid for online. Cost is £150

Shockingly the British council site in Nigeria doesn't show this test so you can use the link below to book for your test .:
http://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location

My hubby is a medical dr. We choose to write the test cos of the hassle of going down the exemption route. It's up to you.

2)Can Hubby pay for the Visa Fee from The UK.

Yes, that seems to be the feasible way now with all the saga going on with the finance sector in Nigeria in terms of credit card spending. Rounding it up , here is the fee as there seem to be hidden charges visa + service charge £1100 , if you want priority processing £360.

3) Is the health surcharge a must pay to get the visa

Yes, there is no way round it + the hidden charges£655 . Your online application won't even get to the payment stage if you don't first pay for it.

4) hubby is changing jobs and moving house next month will that affect our visa application in anyway?

[b][/b] as per the changing jobs, there is no requirement to be in constant employment for a certain duration , apart from cat 3a which is for salaried employees working for same employer and earned same salary for the past 6 months. Other than that, requirement for a worker is to show they have earned at least £18600 gross income before tax in the past 12 months. I will advise you to read about the finance requirements and see the category your husband falls under and what proof are required. See link
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

With respect to the house move, not an issue. So far he has evidence he lives there , and that the accommodation is suitable to accommodate you or any children (if home owner, mortgage , bills. If a tenant, evidence like tenancy aggrement, letter from landlord giving consent to the extra occupants moving in, maybe council tax, if a shared property, property inspection report that shows no over crowding will be required. )[/b]

Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep up the good work.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Guys,

Thank You for all the good work you guys are doing here. I was lost but now am found. Please my Hubby is a UK citizen and would like to apply for a spouse visa and need your advise on the following;

1) Is it absolutely necessary for me to take the English Test as I am a graduate from a federal University in Nigeria.If Yes,where do I take the test and how much.

2)Can Hubby pay for the Visa Fee from The UK.

3) Is the health surcharge a must pay to get the visa

4) hubby is changing jobs and moving house next month will that affect our visa application in anyway?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep up the good work.

1) There are exemptions to taking the English test which include being taught at university in English but there are some restrictions to this so it's much easier to just take the test. You can search online to find your local IELTS test centre, costs will be listed. Make sure you log on to the gov.uk website to make sure any test you take is from the approved list.

2) Hubby can pay for the visa from the UK but I believe there are additional charges applied by the bank when u do this

3) The NHS charge is mandatory

4) As long as your husband currently earns the 18600 threshold and will still do so in his new job that's fine. The new accommodation just needs to have room/permission for you to stay.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tegaboy: 11:56am On Feb 20, 2016
Dear Team
An person with an degree in economic from the university of Delta state would that person need to do the English language test
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Olusegun012345: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hi guy,
I am a British citizen planning of bringing my family (wife and Kid) to the UK. But I am confused as to the right form they are going to use in applying. Is it spouse visa for my wife or I'm to use settlement visa for both of them.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2016
Olusegun012345:
Hi guy,
I am a British citizen planning of bringing my family (wife and Kid) to the UK. But I am confused as to the right form they are going to use in applying. Is it spouse visa for my wife or I'm to use settlement visa for both of them.
Thanks

Spousal visa and settlement visa, I think are one and the same!!!!!
Your wife needs to apply for a settlement visa, including your son on the same application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2016
tegaboy:
Dear Team
An person with an degree in economic from the university of Delta state would that person need to do the English language test

Just take the English test, pass it and smile. A degree in Economics, is a proof that the holder has passed through university.
But due to the way our universities are run........ I say no more!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 5:28am On Feb 21, 2016
ekpotek:

If you're referring to EEA family permit issued to Non-EEA family member by UKBC, sure you can renew it. All you need to do is apply with same documentation. My advise when next you are back in the UK, apply for UK 5 year residence card. It is issued within six month.

Thank you so much for ur prompt response, Is it possible for me to apply for the residence card and come back to Nigeria or will my passport be taken from me and will have to stay in UK for this 6months period? will appreciate ur response..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 5:35am On Feb 21, 2016
Hi everyone,
My questiona are to apply for a residence 5yrs card as a family member of EEA;
how long does residence card take to be out?
do I have to stay put in UK throughout this period or I'm allowed to travel?
Is it possible for me to travel out of UK even if my card is not out yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2016
Olusegun012345:
Hi guy,
Thanks

That is spouse visa and the application is made online, before you do that pay attention to the financial requirement since a child is involved here.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Feb 21, 2016
johnwick1:
Hi everyone,
My questiona are to apply for a residence 5yrs card as a family member of EEA;
how long does residence card take to be out?
do I have to stay put in UK throughout this period or I'm allowed to travel?
Is it possible for me to travel out of UK even if my card is not out yet?

Read BabyisUS's post because she just went through the process just few months ago.

If you still have valid visa yes you can travel out of the U.K. While your application is being processed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:03am On Feb 21, 2016
phardey:
So I contacted the HO about my BRP.
This is the response.
Thank you for your enquiry.
You will not require a BRP as your visa is valid until XX XXXXXXX XXXXXX
Accordingly, you should use the Entry Clearance vignette you have been issued in your passport to enter the UK and evidence of your right to be here.
You will not receive a BRP.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.
Thank you
It was introduced newly I guess.

When did you get the Visa and the entry clearance does it just have 30 days or the full visa term?

If it has the full visa period on the sticker in the passport then you would get the BRP on your FLR (next stage)

Lexusgs430:

Karen, you played tricks on me. You purposely replied this message after Mr Bakare arrived the uk. Lol

haha joker, honestly his mama lives in Palmgrove, Shyllon infact smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lkbenediction: 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hi bro,
thanks for the great job doing here so far, i and my wife has be allowed since 2008 and we was ring then to come with our passport but both are busy and not willing to travel then now we want to travel with children for visiting visa we don't have family in uk..what do we need to submit with our application form and letter of allowed of appeal then, how much must be in my acount i mean available funds we want to travel with 3kids. And i used to do transaction of minimum of 450k monthly. Ur urgently respond will really appreciate bro.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Good evening lovely peeps, for those who have had a call regarding an interview here in the UK.. does the call come from a private/unknown number or a normal landline? What does the number start with if u remember? Thank you kiiindlyy x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2016
Saratkum:
Good evening lovely peeps, for those who have had a call regarding an interview here in the UK.. does the call come from a private/unknown number or a normal landline? What does the number start with if u remember? Thank you kiiindlyy x

Hmmmm. How many banks, ballifs and unknown(s) are you trying to avoid?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Hmmmm. How many banks, ballifs and unknown(s) are you trying to avoid?
HUH? Am not tryna avoid anything/any1... *confused*

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:14am On Feb 23, 2016
mover:
Good evening house.

Am so glad I found this forum. Unfortunately the gist has gone on for so long and I haven't been able to follow from beginning. please I need your advice on the following:

Am getting married in march and intend to apply for visa to join my hubby in the UK in April. is it too early to apply?

He's on a tier 2 visa currently, what documentation do we need to provide and what's the complete application process.

Thank you

I used to search key words at the top then filter for it to search only the travel section smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:16am On Feb 23, 2016
Saratkum:

when i was called by Sheffield to attend an interview in person it was indeed with a witheld number smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Hello guys,

I was wondering if the spouse visa could be expedited. I saw the availability of priority service on the TLS Contact website. However there is a note that states that priority service is not available in Nigeria, so I did not add that service to cart as the money is £360 and not refundable.

Anyways I asked my spouse in Nigeria to first enquire about the priority service at her appointment at TLS Contact. Apparently that service is available but their site is not quite updated to clean off that disclaimer.

I paid for the priority service and I would be publishing my timeline here. So if anyone wants priority service, GO AHEAD AND PAY FOR IT.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello guys,

I was wondering if the spouse visa could be expedited. I saw the availability of priority service on the TLS Contact website. However there is a note that states that priority service is not available in Nigeria, so I did not add that service to cart as the money is £360 and not refundable.

Anyways I asked my spouse in Nigeria to first enquire about the priority service at her appointment at TLS Contact. Apparently that service is available but their site is not quite updated to clean off that disclaimer.

I paid for the priority service and I would be publishing my timeline here. So if anyone wants priority service, GO AHEAD AND PAY FOR IT.
i found out about this too right after i submitted last month >.< It would be nice to see ur timeline tho smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
Portsmouth86:

when i was called by Sheffield to attend an interview in person it was indeed with a witheld number smiley
Thanks for that Karen! Its just a lil tricky with my crazy shift patterns and them random PPI/advertisement calls n scams r well annoying. Cheers hun x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
Please I need direction, I sent a mail on Monday regarding the status of my spousal visa application to ukvi and I had an automated reply that decision has already been made. Until now I haven't gotten a mail from Sheffield that decision has been made. Do u think something is wrong? What can I do next?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Does anyone know how I contact UKvi to check they have received my documents.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hi...
Please when did u apply

KemBee86:
Hi everyone,
Please I need direction, I sent a mail on Monday regarding the status of my spousal visa application to ukvi and I had an automated reply that decision has already been made. Until now I haven't gotten a mail from Sheffield that decision has been made. Do u think something is wrong? What can I do next?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
@thalula I applied first week in December
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 3:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
KemBee86:
Hi everyone,
Thanks

I contacted UKVI via online contact form this morning and got exactly same message. I am wondering if this is a real message or system generated. shocked will wait and see if we hear anything
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good day All, so sorry didn't come back earlier with my timeline, had loads 2 do b4 travelling and very little time to do them. Thanks alot every1 and Glory be to God, am with my hubby now and trying to acclimatise grin grin grin

Below is my timeline:
17th October 2015 - Online application submitted.
2nd November 2015 - Biometrics @ VI.
2nd November 2015 - Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield.
6th November 2015 - Email from UKVI that application has been received in Sheffield UK and will be processed.
12th January 2016 - Spouse received call from UKVI Sheffield for interview on the 20th January 2016.
20th January 2016 - Spouse attends interview @Battleship Building 3pm.
Afterwards heard nothing from UKVI for almost 2weeks until after hubby contacted them.
1st February 2016 - Spouse contacted UKVI to enquiry about status of application and was informed that decision has been made since 20th January 2015 and that we should have been contacted before now, but we weren't contacted.
2nd February 2016 - Decision email received from TLS while Hubby got decision email from UKVI.
4th February 2016 - Spouse received documents from UKVI
8th February 2016 - Received mail from TLS that passport is ready for collection.
9th February 2016 - Passport collected, visa stamped 20th January - 19th February 2016. Hubby was so so so so so excited and I am deeply grateful 2 God.
Had only 10 days left to get stuffs set for travel, b4 visa expires on passport, above all WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL and been with hubby is just so so AMAZING.

Thanks once again 2 every1 here and my special Tanx once again goes to Justwise n Girlio, the encouragement, advice, assistance and hope given here is simply phenomenal.
For all those still waiting, hang in there, pray fervently n we shall celebrate good news soon to God's glory Amen! ! !

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Saratkum:
Thanks for that Karen! Its just a lil tricky with my crazy shift patterns and them random PPI/advertisement calls n scams r well annoying. Cheers hun x

I work nights and i had to keep my mobile on loud till i got the call i just turned off my data, just answer them calls could be the one your waiting for smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:31am On Feb 25, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I work nights and i had to keep my mobile on loud till i got the call i just turned off my data, just answer them calls could be the one your waiting for smiley
I do whenever I can, but I cant put my phone on loud at work or answer all the time.. i work in the damn NHS lol Thats y i have a mini freakout everytime i see a missed call.. just like that horror movie xD

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 2:46am On Feb 25, 2016
@saratkum.

When did you do the online application, when did you spouse do the biometrics and when did you submit your supporting documents. If you don't mind me asking.

My spouse did her biometrics on the 6th of January with supporting documents sent the following week and I'm yet to receive any new information apart from its still being processed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2016
Jeljay:
@saratkum.

When did you do the online application, when did you spouse do the biometrics and when did you submit your supporting documents. If you don't mind me asking.

My spouse did her biometrics on the 6th of January with supporting documents sent the following week and I'm yet to receive any new information apart from its still being processed.
Similar timings, online application on 8th of Jan, , bio on 12th and we tracked the documents n it was delivered on the 21st of Jan. Nothing as of yet.. did u apply through priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 11:31am On Feb 25, 2016
@Saratkum

No, not priority. I honestly wish I did. The wait is just too long. Did you do priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Jeljay:
@Saratkum

No, not priority. I honestly wish I did. The wait is just too long. Did you do priority?
No i didnt know about it x/ I would have.. urs will probz be processed just b4 me then.. so plz lemme know when u hear anything smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.