Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041691 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Saratkum

Didn't know the about priority service as well. Will definitely let you know if I hear anything and pls do the same for me. Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jeljay:
@Saratkum

Didn't know the about priority service as well. Will definitely let you know if I hear anything and pls do the same for me. Cheers
Will do! Good luck to us both (:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by spiceymma: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2016
Hello, please can you share the list of documents you submitted as well as your hubby's
fazo14:
Good day All, so sorry didn't come back earlier with my timeline, had loads 2 do b4 travelling and very little time to do them. Thanks alot every1 and Glory be to God, am with my hubby now and trying to acclimatise grin grin grin

Below is my timeline:
17th October 2015 - Online application submitted.
2nd November 2015 - Biometrics @ VI.
2nd November 2015 - Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield.
6th November 2015 - Email from UKVI that application has been received in Sheffield UK and will be processed.
12th January 2016 - Spouse received call from UKVI Sheffield for interview on the 20th January 2016.
20th January 2016 - Spouse attends interview @Battleship Building 3pm.
Afterwards heard nothing from UKVI for almost 2weeks until after hubby contacted them.
1st February 2016 - Spouse contacted UKVI to enquiry about status of application and was informed that decision has been made since 20th January 2015 and that we should have been contacted before now, but we weren't contacted.
2nd February 2016 - Decision email received from TLS while Hubby got decision email from UKVI.
4th February 2016 - Spouse received documents from UKVI
8th February 2016 - Received mail from TLS that passport is ready for collection.
9th February 2016 - Passport collected, visa stamped 20th January - 19th February 2016. Hubby was so so so so so excited and I am deeply grateful 2 God.
Had only 10 days left to get stuffs set for travel, b4 visa expires on passport, above all WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL and been with hubby is just so so AMAZING.

Thanks once again 2 every1 here and my special Tanx once again goes to Justwise n Girlio, the encouragement, advice, assistance and hope given here is simply phenomenal.
For all those still waiting, hang in there, pray fervently n we shall celebrate good news soon to God's glory Amen! ! !
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2016
fazo14:
Good day All, so sorry didn't come back earlier with my timeline, had loads 2 do b4 travelling and very little time to do them. Thanks alot every1 and Glory be to God, am with my hubby now and trying to acclimatise grin grin grin

Below is my timeline:
17th October 2015 - Online application submitted.
2nd November 2015 - Biometrics @ VI.
2nd November 2015 - Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield.
6th November 2015 - Email from UKVI that application has been received in Sheffield UK and will be processed.
12th January 2016 - Spouse received call from UKVI Sheffield for interview on the 20th January 2016.
20th January 2016 - Spouse attends interview @Battleship Building 3pm.
Afterwards heard nothing from UKVI for almost 2weeks until after hubby contacted them.
1st February 2016 - Spouse contacted UKVI to enquiry about status of application and was informed that decision has been made since 20th January 2015 and that we should have been contacted before now, but we weren't contacted.
2nd February 2016 - Decision email received from TLS while Hubby got decision email from UKVI.
4th February 2016 - Spouse received documents from UKVI
8th February 2016 - Received mail from TLS that passport is ready for collection.
9th February 2016 - Passport collected, visa stamped 20th January - 19th February 2016. Hubby was so so so so so excited and I am deeply grateful 2 God.
Had only 10 days left to get stuffs set for travel, b4 visa expires on passport, above all WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL and been with hubby is just so so AMAZING.

Thanks once again 2 every1 here and my special Tanx once again goes to Justwise n Girlio, the encouragement, advice, assistance and hope given here is simply phenomenal.
For all those still waiting, hang in there, pray fervently n we shall celebrate good news soon to God's glory Amen! ! !

Wow! That is almost 6 months waiting, thank God that it ended well.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
hi guys I just posted this same refusal message on the other trend " general uk visa inquiry" .. But I came across this trend and decided to share my refusal here as well .. So justwise, frontpage layer and other gurus should advice me .. I've also started an appeal .. Last 2 Weeks and we intend going for oral hearing ..
Find attached

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ahuck: 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
wallg123:
hi guys I just posted this same refusal message on the other trend " general uk visa inquiry" .. But I came across this trend and decided to share my refusal here as well .. So justwise, frontpage layer and other gurus should advice me .. I've also started an appeal .. Last 2 Weeks and we intend going for oral hearing ..
Find attached

Your first application under EU regulations was that as an unmarried parter? Or as an EEA?

Apart from that you basically need to seriously show some ground breaking evidence to back your current marriage up and also have a good reason why you would want to live in UK rather than your home country.

The child on the way is good .. I will advise doing a DNA to also back paternity claims for the hearing.

You previous marriage to an EU national has all the signs of a sham marriage but it can only be proven by facts. However I am not sure if their claim of unlawful residence stands becuase marriage to a union citizen automatically makes you a legal residence if that union citizen is excersing treaty rights. If they are not , you loose that automatic right of legal residence.

It is not as bad as it looks on paper if you put everything g together but you Need a good solicitor with all round knowledge of uk and Eu immigration law.

All the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:10am On Feb 27, 2016
wallg123:
Find attached

Has advised earlier, this your matter get very bad K leg. You need a good immigration lawyer that really knows thier onions.
You have complicated this matter, so badly. And it can be perceived has you trying to circumvent the immigration process (circumventing is deemed has a blatant disregard to immigration laws and rules)
Goodluck.
NB: Hopefully you have a huge legal fund
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
I hope you are all having a splendid weekend, I need help!
I applied first week in December and last week Monday I contacted ukvi via email with regards to the status of my application and I was replied that decision has been made.
Till now I haven't gotten a decision mail from Sheffield and Teleperfprmance hasn't even ticked the decision made button.
So Wat do I do next?? It's already 12 weeks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
KemBee86:
Hello everyone,
I applied first week in December and last week Monday I contacted ukvi via email with regards to the status of my application and I was replied that decision has been made.
Till now I haven't gotten a decision mail from Sheffield and Teleperfprmance hasn't even ticked the decision made button.

Still too early to start worrying give them this coming week before contacting them again

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hello KemBee, did your spouse in the UK attend an interview? If yes, when? If they did, perhaps decision might have been made on the said day. However it seems the automated email can't be relied upon, as quite a good number of people here have had the experience of getting like automated response. Be patient for another week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
KemBee86:
Hello everyone,
Till now I haven't gotten a decision mail from Sheffield and Teleperfprmance hasn't even ticked the decision made button

Hello kembee
I also applied first week in December and tracked last week too...got the automated mail that decision has been made and it will be with me in days...I guess it's just the documentation that's taking time like the mail rightly said...I'm sure we will hear from them this week...
Please kindly let me know when u receive the decision email...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello KemBee, did your spouse in the UK attend an interview? If yes, when? If they did, perhaps decision might have been made on the said day. However it seems the automated email can't be relied upon, as quite a good number of people here have had the experience of getting like automated response. Be patient for another week.

Thanks a lot, no...my spouse wasn't asked for an interview. My spouse was already interviewed in our previous application that was refused and it was recent, am sure that's why they didn't ask for interview
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
thatula:

Hello kembee
I also applied first week in December and tracked last week too...got the automated mail that decision has been made and it will be with me in days...I guess it's just the documentation that's taking time like the mail rightly said...I'm sure we will hear from them this week...

Ok...I will, let me know when you recieve yours too. Am sure we will be contacted soon. All the best to us.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
justwise:

Still too early to start worrying give them this coming week before contacting them again

Thank you just wise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
thatula:

Hello kembee

Same here tracked my app last week, got decision already made email. No formal email confirming this. Hoping to hear something this week. Please let's keep ourselves informed as per any email, supporting documents return etc. All the best. no interviews as well
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 4:30am On Feb 29, 2016
i want to make my application too but i need advice and how to start about it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:40am On Feb 29, 2016
obabola123:
i want to make my application too but i need advice and how to start about it.

You have come to the right thread. Grab a big long throat bottle of Pepsi and a doughnut.
Now start reading from page 1 - 153!!!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
fazo14:
To the glory of God!!! Praise be the name of the Lord!!! Ever Faithful God!!! Thanks be to God!!!

A very wonderful thanks to every1 here, You all keep the hope alive. God bless you all Amen!!! I have come to share my good news grin grin.

In a very special way I thank Justwise n Girlio for there encouragement when we were faced with disappointment and unsure of how to move forward. We were directed in the right part and to the Glory of God, I heartily say I have been granted Visa grin grin grin

Finally the long wait is over grin grin, Thanks To God!!!

Sorry for the delay, but wishing you a massive congratulations smiley

I wish you both well in your journey smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
phardey:
So I contacted the HO about my BRP.

This is the response.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You will not require a BRP as your visa is valid until XX XXXXXXX XXXXXX

Accordingly, you should use the Entry Clearance vignette you have been issued in your passport to enter the UK and evidence of your right to be here.
You will not receive a BRP.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Thank you

It was introduced newly I guess.

this is true, however when you apply for FLR you will then get issued a BRP instead of the visa being put in the passport smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mya1: 1:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Hi guys, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship.

I should be inviting my fiancé over ( hopefully husband by then) in the nearest future.
My situation is such that I will be moving in with my mum (she lives alone and has a three bedroom house) and she's currently responsible for the payment of all the bills.
I intend taking up some bills when I move in with her.
Would it suffice to present my mother's house as proof of my accommodation with her being the sole owner /mortgage payer ?

Although, I will be responsible for the payment of only a few utilities. She will still be responsible for a majority of the bills. Would that in anyway affect the chances of my eligibility for sponsorship.

I will be earning just about the threshold salary requirement, so I have that bit covered.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2016
mya1:
Hi guys, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship.

I should be inviting my fiancé over ( hopefully husband by then) in the nearest future.
My situation is such that I will be moving in with my mum (she lives alone and has a three bedroom house) and she's currently responsible for the payment of all the bills.
I intend taking up some bills when I move in with her.
Would it suffice to present my mother's house as proof of my accommodation with her being the sole owner /mortgage payer ?

Although, I will be responsible for the payment of only a few utilities. She will still be responsible for a majority of the bills. Would that in anyway affect the chances of my eligibility for sponsorship.

I will be earning just about the threshold salary requirement, so I have that bit covered.

There isn't any problems , you will need bills in your name or atleast in joint name. See if she can add you to the council tax bill as I presume you have no tenancy agreement? .
She needs to write a letter confirming you live there, and that your wife/fiancé can also live there without your living terms affected.
The. Get the property inspection report done as you are house sharing , this will be a requirement to check there isn't any overcrowding .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mya1: 7:46am On Mar 01, 2016
blza:

There isn't any problems , you will need bills in your name or atleast in joint name. See if she can add you to the council tax bill as I presume you have no tenancy agreement? .
She needs to write a letter confirming you live there, and that your wife/fiancé can also live there without your living terms affected.
The. Get the property inspection report done as you are house sharing , this will be a requirement to check there isn't any overcrowding .

Alright! Thank you very much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2016
please someone explain how can i make my application and what documents do i need to send and documents my wife need to send off too. what advice can you give me when i do have money in my account as husband. i have be in UK two different time to see my wife. we marry in Nigeria last year July. so i was in UK and after our wedding too. i just want to make my application now
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response it was really helpful. I got married recently and have not done change of name (I do not plan of doing one to be honest).

Please advise;

1) Am about registering for the IELTS LifeSkills A1 to apply for my spouse visa but my passport carriers my old name.

2) Am I in a dilemma whether or not I should choose a miss or mrs title for my registration.

3) If I choose miss to tally with my passport will it affect my certificate in anyway ? If I choose Mrs my husband surname is not on my passport.

4) Will the absence of change of name affect my documentation in any way?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response it was really helpful. I got married recently and have not done change of name (I do not plan of doing one to be honest).

Please advise;

1) Am about registering for the IELTS LifeSkills A1 to apply for my spouse visa but my passport carriers my old name.

2) Am I in a dilemma whether or not I should choose a miss or mrs title for my registration.

3) If I choose miss to tally with my passport will it affect my certificate in anyway ? If I choose Mrs my husband surname is not on my passport.

4) Will the absence of change of name affect my documentation in any way?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Name change is not required.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
obabola123:
please someone explain how can i make my application and what documents do i need to send and documents my wife need to send off too. what advice can you give me when i do have money in my account as husband. i have be in UK two different time to see my wife. we marry in Nigeria last year July. so i was in UK and after our wedding too. i just want to make my application now

Your question has been answered, over, over, over and over on this thread, read through!!!
Your Nigerian account balance can read N0.00, your sponsors account and wages is the clincher!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
blza:

Same here tracked my app last week, got decision already made email. No formal email confirming this. Hoping to hear something this week. Please let's keep ourselves informed as per any email, supporting documents return etc. All the best. no interviews as well

@KemBee86 @blza
Hubby received his supporting documents today..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
thatula:

@KemBee86 @blza

All the best sis....fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
8 weeks and still no word. Don't know why it has to between 10-12 week before they make decisions on applications. The waiting is the worst part.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Jeljay:
8 weeks and still no word. Don't know why it has to between 10-12 week before they make decisions on applications. The waiting is the worst part.

The patient dog eats...................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
thatula:

@KemBee86 @blza

Many thanks for the update. Wish you the very best. Have you got the decision made email yet?

We are still waiting here. No docs , no email sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:23am On Mar 02, 2016
blza:

Many thanks for the update. Wish you the very best. Have you got the decision made email yet?

We are still waiting here. No docs , no email sad
Best of luck to you guys, hopefully its all good news! The wait for yous is always over!! Me n hubby are waiting too.. but we applied Jan ending.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.