Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1042606 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
@Tunderule, Obabola, Lexusgs, Batba, thank you all.
Yes Tunderule i think i do deserve it after like 63 working days + cant wait to live with my heartdesire for better for worse..@Lexusgs...i wish i remembered when i promised something like but however you will be rewarded by the almighty God in a very special way....
My timeline:
Submitted on 24th March biometrics taken.
Application received on 28th March by Sheffield
Long wait of 60 working days....
Decision taken email received on 16th June
My love got all the papers back on 17th June
This morning email from TLS for collection 20th June
I got my passport with UK visa on it + TB cert and english test cert.
To God be the glory.
I once more appreciate this forum and more esp. The moderators and the originator...you guys killed it.
To all the waiters and future applicants.....God is on your side...i pray and wish you all luck
My humble experience: please go for priority because its just same as spending the 450pounds in these 4months or the so called 60working days or 12 working weeks
Time costs money..., so 450pounds = 60 or more working days + the emotional killings etc....
Thank you all and bye for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
wallg123:
Hi guys ... greetings to Justwise , tunderule and the rest .... Well done guys as ur messages keeps giving me hope ... .. I'd like to as a questions...
While I'm waiting for the 15weeks to pass before a date for my appeal hearing, my British wife plans to come to Nigeria with my little daughter as she hasn't visited since after our wedding mid last year....
I'd like names and locations of affordable hotels in Lagos where we can stay for 2 weeks. . I'm asking as I live in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and the security situation is not favourable for my little daughter nd my wife . plz I await ur useful comments

thx

Use
www.jovago.com
For all your hotel needs
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
egal22:
Yes Tunderule i think i do deserve it after like 63 working days + cant wait to live with my heartdesire for better for worse..@Lexusgs...i wish i remembered when i promised something like but however you will be rewarded by the almighty God in a very special way....
My timeline:
To God be the glory.
I once more appreciate this forum and more esp. The moderators and the originator...you guys killed it.
To all the waiters and future applicants.....God is on your side...i pray and wish you all luck
My humble experience: please go for priority because its just same as spending the 450pounds in these 4months or the so called 60working days or 12 working weeks
Time costs money..., so 450pounds = 60 or more working days + the emotional killings etc....

Egal22 - It's customary to be invited to Nando's restaurant for a slap up meal, once an applicant is successful.
Congratulations once again......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Use
www.jovago.com
For all your hotel needs

thanks lexusgs430...... I'll I look it up... what are the safe areas in Lagos were oyibo can stay... sorry I'm don't know Lagos @ all ... so i'll also be a jjc in Lagos ... thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
wallg123:

thanks lexusgs430...... I'll I look it up... what are the safe areas in Lagos were oyibo can stay... sorry I'm don't know Lagos @ all ... so i'll also be a jjc in Lagos ... thanks

Ikeja and Surulere (for pocket friendly prices)
Lekki, Ikoyi, VI, inshort island for pocket unfriendly prices.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Ikeja and Surulere (for pocket friendly prices) Lekki, Ikoyi, VI, inshort island for pocket unfriendly prices.
Thanks A lot @Lexusg430.... I appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:57am On Jun 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Egal22, remember what you promised us o. Don't be like tunderule2016 and Portsmouth86, that simply left us hanging on promises.
Congratulations........... .........

Hey come on now smiley

Its busy work growing a baby and very exhausting with working Nights and keeping my husband happy haha

and i sent you a bbq (picture at that) hehe grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:08am On Jun 21, 2016
wallg123:

I mostly stayed with my husbands family in Bariga.

one occasion I went we stayed in a hotel half the time i booked it on booking.com, its a very stunning hotel and secure smiley

Apartment Royale Hotel & Suite
4 Wole Ogunjimi Street, Off Agbaoku Street, Opebi, 100281 Ikeja, Nigeria
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:08am On Jun 21, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

hello just to share the good news with you that the decision to refuse husband's visa has been overturned today and he has been asked to send in his passport and TB test certificate. Thanks so much for your help and advise. You are doing a great job on here. you would not believe is thanks to you that I gathered the courage to contact my MP as my solicitor refused that it was not a good idea to contact MP and I did all my paper work my self and sent to the Home office and the MP.

thanks so much I am so over the moon. Honestly some of these solicitors are goats just wanting to eat peoples money because he wanted my case to go to court so he could represent me and make money but I have a law qualification and worked with a law firm for years so did my paper work alone. they got paper work two days ago and overturned the decision today. thanks once more and may god bless you

Congratulations smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:24am On Jun 21, 2016
egal22:
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF03..... and date of birth and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry ClearanceOfficer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer(ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary,during the consideration of your application.Please note: The visa application will be processed and decided by theBritish High Commission. Neither our department, nor any of our staff, playany part or influence the outcome of the visa application.Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment andprocessing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient andwait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll haveto wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if youapplied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the followinglink: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actualprocessing times may vary depending on a range of factors.We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. Wewill process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric takendate and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.Kind regardsTeofanaUK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Hi everyone smiley

Just got this after i made enquiry about my application, meanwhile today is the 57th day thats the 12th week and my application is yet to be accessed by ECO angry are they kidding me or what?
Really worried now after endless waiting and getting this kind of answer...

Anyone with a suggestion?

I know how frustrating it is to wait

Now you have been granted and remember immigration work on a 5 day week so is your calculation week days only minus weekends and bank holidays I always checked my accuracy on here http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html this calculates the days/weeks deducting those weekends and public holidays for you smiley

count from Biometrics date until decision made to see exact figure smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:28am On Jun 21, 2016
egal22:
My timeline:
To God be the glory.

Just seen this Congrats smiley my calculation from 24/03- 16/06 is 57 working days smiley (minus public hols and weekends lol) but I know it seems like alot more

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:42am On Jun 21, 2016
egal22:

When they wait until 60th day that means its 65 working days and 13weeks an they should just edit it and not giving the impression of 60 days....
I will just continue with my patience cos i have been waiting since march 24th so calling them now is not worth it but maybe on monday if i didnt get any mail then i should call.

My fingers still crossed tension most high till this morning no refunds of IHS. There will not be also iJn! Amen!
I will share my testimony soon iJn!

Clearly states on the website....

UK Visas & Immigration is committed to offering the best possible service and to processing your application as quickly as possible. The tool gives processing time in working days, excluding weekends and public holidays.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/lagos-nigeria/settlement-visas/settlement

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html is a great calculator for those wanting to get accurate waiting times they have endured

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:45am On Jun 21, 2016
dday101:
Good Morning Everyone,

I just got this important information my wife which her lawyer friend just told her.

The lawyer said the Home office is debating to increase the financial requirement from £18,600 to £34,000 at the moment. He said this is the case going on in the Home office behind the scene.
Please anybody wanting to apply for Spousal visa should do it fast cause this British government are trying hard to cut down immigration.

that wouldn't happen, I believe your Lawyer is giving you false information

there is a £35,000 salary income requirement for migrant workers NOT spouse applications, you are doing exactly what he intended you to do and that is scaremongering into getting people to hurry up with their applications and possibly directing work to him smiley

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:52am On Jun 21, 2016
mizbee:
Good morning everyone. Hope ur night was fine? pls has anyone used a priority service before and how long did it take to work on the application?
Thanks.

I agree with @Lexusgs430

if you can afford it do the priority, make sure you have everything

and remember the 28 day rule on final payslip and bank statements smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:53am On Jun 21, 2016
tunderule2016:
bruv.. am settled in already... u know i had lived here for over 4 years before...
omo men that pounds to naira thing is on my mind like anything .. cant wait to start working ooo ...
U kidding right, NHS for UK helping the president .. lmfaooo.... is there no good clinic in naija?

100 pounds = 51, 000 naira... this is unreal ...

try Azimo its also free to send to Naija smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:59am On Jun 21, 2016
Batba1:

Try and read through the entire thread...you will learn a lot as all your answers are here...just take your time and read...so then you can ask more direct questions...

If you need a quick scan to see an instance of interview questions, you can read from page 100 for more recent ones but I STRONGLY advice you read from page 1...good luck!

i listed questions I got asked

here is my original post: 3:17pm On Jan 28

So I went to London yesterday for my interview, I was calm throughout not even nervous at all.

It's based upstairs of the Indian visa application centre of the battleship building in Paddington.

Here are some of the questions that I was asked

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for.
2. Please confirm your spouses full name
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person
5. When did you first ever communicate.
6. And how
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first goto Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there
54. Did your ex spouse get his ILR

I also was asked a lot more however this is what I could get, as a lot I answered yes or no, the conversation was on a video link to Sheffield so I had headphones

I wasn't asked for my ID and I managed to record the conversation however this is what I got from my answers.

The guy was very polite and said we will get an email in a few days, NOT sure if hubby will get a call to clarify my answers, but I did answer them all and correctly smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:01am On Jun 21, 2016
So everyone that has been granted Spouse visas, where will you be located? I definitely think there should be a link up somewhere lol

I'll start...
I am located in Portsmouth, Hampshire (think my name gives that away haha)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:56am On Jun 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Hey come on now smiley

Its busy work growing a baby and very exhausting with working Nights and keeping my husband happy haha

and i sent you a bbq (picture at that) hehe grin

You must have been very busy. Your input in this thread seems to have been missing in action. We understand, keep baby growing and keep husband happy. That's a very good recipe !!!
Hope the real bbq (not pix), would have a good recipe and diced like that suya joint you visited in Bariga ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 7:52am On Jun 21, 2016
@ egal22: do you or your sponsor was invited for interview or any phone call questioning?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2016
Good morning everyone

Please when you write a letter to your MP regarding an appeal, do they write to the tribunal or the home office? I contacted my MP regarding my husband's appeal as we were told they really busy and we can't hearing date this year unless next year, meaning it will take over a year. My MP got back to me saying he has contacted the tribunal and they said they will get back to him by 8 weeks. Has anyone done this before and how long did it take? What was the outcome?

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello, can anyone tell me what is the meaning of this MP please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Just seen this Congrats smiley my calculation from 24/03- 16/06 is 57 working days smiley (minus public hols and weekends lol) but I know it seems like alot more

Hi Portsmouth smiley i have to Thank you also cos your thread really had impact on my application when i get to know about nairaland forum...so you just killed it and still killing it grin

I will be in Enfield and Tottenham..its a good idea to start a forum there grin.....
Regards to your family.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by 7508: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello,

Please I need some urgent help and apologies if it has been asked before.

How do I make the combined ihs surcharge, U.K. Spousal visa fee and priority payment using a gtb Naira MasterCard if the limit is just $300.

Is there another payment method for making larger payments?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2016
miko123:
@ egal22: do you or your sponsor was invited for interview or any phone call questioning?

No there was no interview at all.
This is what we included in my supporting documents:
Application form
IHS payment
English test certificate
TB test certificate
VAF 4
Sponsor form
Marriage cert
Wedding pics and vacation pics upto 70 in a collage
Letters from me, my babe, my mom, sister, sister inlaw, friend
Flight tickets of all the visits about 8 of them and train tickets about 10 of them at different times
Call cards, skype call log 2014-2016 + email screen shots, whatsapp screen shots
Babes bank statements one year + all payslip one year+ letter of appointment permanent worker
Accomodation evidence...House property papers + morgage payments + council taxs for 2yrs
Finally + prayers vigil nights etc.

So i hope this gonna help some people as well.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2016
obabola123:
Hello, can anyone tell me what is the meaning of this MP please?

Hi Obabola....MP means member of Parliament grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2016
7508:
Hello,

Please I need some urgent help and apologies if it has been asked before.

How do I make the combined ihs surcharge, U.K. Spousal visa fee and priority payment using a gtb Naira MasterCard if the limit is just $300.

Is there another payment method for making larger payments?

Thanks
Hi,
Its better to use any EU or UK master card that means let your sponspor use his or her mastercard to do the payment, its easier and more convenient.
Thanks and goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I agree with @Lexusgs430

if you can afford it do the priority, make sure you have everything

and remember the 28 day rule on final payslip and bank statements smiley

Hello Portsmouth86, please wat is the 28 day rule on final payslip and bank statements
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2016
mizbee:

Hello Portsmouth86, please wat is the 28 day rule on final payslip and bank statements

Guess it means all supporting documents, bank statements etc must be sourced /dated maximum 28 days before date of application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks.... i do have the APP on my phone.. they gave me first sending free and there rate is not very bad... thanks. Hope you are enjoying this EU referendum going on.... lol Have a blessed week...

Portsmouth86:

try Azimo its also free to send to Naija smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2016
You are welcome.....so glad for u .. and am so happy everyone here got good news on the settlement visa....

egal22:
My timeline:
To God be the glory.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2016
booking.com, hotels.ng, there is a very good hotel up in omole Estate (safe environment) which has 24 hrs electricity and easy access to everywhere.... its called Dreamland Luxury Suites, very nice, price is very ok and reasonable. you can ask for discount since u staying for a week.... Most hotels in lagos, u can strike a deal with them when u r there is you are staying longer than 4 to 5 days, they will definitely give u a discount. Goodluck

wallg123:
Hi guys ... greetings to Justwise , tunderule and the rest .... Well done guys as ur messages keeps giving me hope ... .. I'd like to as a questions...
While I'm waiting for the 15weeks to pass before a date for my appeal hearing, my British wife plans to come to Nigeria with my little daughter as she hasn't visited since after our wedding mid last year....
I'd like names and locations of affordable hotels in Lagos where we can stay for 2 weeks. . I'm asking as I live in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and the security situation is not favourable for my little daughter nd my wife . plz I await ur useful comments

thx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2016
lexus are u in the UK?

Lexusgs430:

Egal22 - It's customary to be invited to Nando's restaurant for a slap up meal, once an applicant is successful.
Congratulations once again......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.