Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035815 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
congrats.... and dont forget to post your timeline ...
https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

iamifyrose:
Thank You House, I got my visa just within 3 days. Collect yesterday at ikeja Visa stamp. God will grant you Yours IJN.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
@justwise

Please just wondering if the ECM can refused to overturn the decision to grant the visa based on another reason and not what it was originally refused on.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Please just wondering if the ECM can refused to overturn the decision to grant the visa based on another reason and not what it was originally refused on.

No, the reason stated on the refusal letter is what will be reviewed. They can't treat your appeal on reason or reasons not stated on the refusal letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
@justwise

Thanks so much for your response at least it gives me hope.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ajirapsy(m): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Are these the only documents submitted by applicant here in Nigeria and the rest sent to sponsor in the UK for postage to UKBA:

- Application form of course
- Applicant's passport
- TB test result
- IELTS Test Certificate

Please I need your help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 8:33am On Jun 11, 2016
ajirapsy:
Hi Everyone,

Are these the only documents submitted by applicant here in Nigeria and the rest sent to sponsor in the UK for postage to UKBA:

- Application form of course
- Applicant's passport
- TB test result
- IELTS Test Certificate

Please I need your help.
Passport photograph too. The sponsor can submit the IELTS straight to Sheffield . Depending on the TLS center you use, some of them refuse to collect the IELTS certificate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

Passport photograph too. The sponsor can submit the IELTS straight to Sheffield . Depending on the TLS center you use, some of them refuse to collect the IELTS certificate.

They've stopped taking passport photographs well as at mid April at VI. I think it's one of the new changes they made in how they operate

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Batba1:

They've stopped taking passport photographs well as at mid April at VI. I think it's one of the new changes they made in how they operate
Does it mean I will have to send my passport photograph to hubby?
Thanks for the info
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

Does it mean I will have to send my passport photograph to hubby?
Thanks for the info

You are welcome

No they don't need it at all...they don't take it anymore. They have your picture from biometrics already.

Good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ajirapsy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Thanks for the info.

AdaNewbie1290:

Batba1:

You are welcome
No they don't need it at all...they don't take it anymore. They have your picture from biometrics already.
Good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
@justwise

hello just to share the good news with you that the decision to refuse husband's visa has been overturned today and he has been asked to send in his passport and TB test certificate. Thanks so much for your help and advise. You are doing a great job on here. you would not believe is thanks to you that I gathered the courage to contact my MP as my solicitor refused that it was not a good idea to contact MP and I did all my paper work my self and sent to the Home office and the MP.

thanks so much I am so over the moon. Honestly some of these solicitors are goats just wanting to eat peoples money because he wanted my case to go to court so he could represent me and make money but I have a law qualification and worked with a law firm for years so did my paper work alone. they got paper work two days ago and overturned the decision today. thanks once more and may god bless you

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

hello just to share the good news with you that the decision to refuse husband's visa has been overturned today and he has been asked to send in his passport and TB test certificate. Thanks so much for your help and advise. You are doing a great job on here. you would not believe is thanks to you that I gathered the courage to contact my MP as my solicitor refused that it was not a good idea to contact MP and I did all my paper work my self and sent to the Home office and the MP.

thanks so much I am so over the moon. Honestly some of these solicitors are goats just wanting to eat peoples money because he wanted my case to go to court so he could represent me and make money but I have a law qualification and worked with a law firm for years so did my paper work alone. they got paper work two days ago and overturned the decision today. thanks once more and may god bless you

Awwww!!! I can only imagine how over joyed you are right now, I'm so so happy for you. The worries and waiting are over.

Congratulations! And my regards to your hubby

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
@justwise

Thanks so much and may god continue to bless you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Congratulations!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lightme: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sister2007 many congrats to you. I like your courage and determination.
Please find can I ask you, did you send the appeal documents to your MP and How at the same time? I sent my husbands appeal in April haven't heard anything I'm thinking of contacting my MP too, can you give a timeline pls

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Congratulations sister
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2016
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF03..... and date of birth and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry ClearanceOfficer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer(ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary,during the consideration of your application.Please note: The visa application will be processed and decided by theBritish High Commission. Neither our department, nor any of our staff, playany part or influence the outcome of the visa application.Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment andprocessing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient andwait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll haveto wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if youapplied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the followinglink: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actualprocessing times may vary depending on a range of factors.We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. Wewill process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric takendate and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.Kind regardsTeofanaUK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Hi everyone smiley

Just got this after i made enquiry about my application, meanwhile today is the 57th day thats the 12th week and my application is yet to be accessed by ECO angry are they kidding me or what?
Really worried now after endless waiting and getting this kind of answer...

Anyone with a suggestion?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2016
egal22:
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International EnquiryService.We understand that you would like to know about the current status of yourvisa application. I have tracked the status (GWF03..... and date of birth and found it is yet to be assessed by an Entry ClearanceOfficer (ECO). Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer(ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary,during the consideration of your application.Please note: The visa application will be processed and decided by theBritish High Commission. Neither our department, nor any of our staff, playany part or influence the outcome of the visa application.Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment andprocessing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient andwait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll haveto wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if youapplied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the followinglink: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actualprocessing times may vary depending on a range of factors.We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. Wewill process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric takendate and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.For any further details, or should you need to contact us again pleaserefer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, selectappropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and completeas instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.Kind regardsTeofanaUK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Hi everyone smiley

Just got this after i made enquiry about my application, meanwhile today is the 57th day thats the 12th week and my application is yet to be accessed by ECO angry are they kidding me or what?

It feels to me a decision will made by the end of the week...good luck and congrats in advance

Fingers crossed for you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Batba1:

It feels to me a decision will made by the end of the week...good luck and congrats in advance

Fingers crossed for you

Thanks Batba1....fingers crossed and tension going higher by day.....no refund of IHS so far.
God will make it for us IJN!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
egal22:

Thanks Batba1....fingers crossed and tension going higher by day.....no refund of IHS so far.
God will make it for us IJN!

Amen

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
that is why i suggest calling I suppose to emailing...
I was told the same even though my VISA was issued since 25/05/2016. i strongly advice to call or you wait ..
dont worry you will be fine.... before friday u will hear from them.
Sending you positive energy from me....

Good luck

egal22:

Hi everyone smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
tunderule2016:
that is why i suggest calling I suppose to emailing...
I was told the same even though my VISA was issued since 25/05/2016. i strongly advice to call or you wait ..
dont worry you will be fine.... before friday u will hear from them.
Sending you positive energy from me....

Good luck

Hi Tunderule.....thanks so much....hope you arrived safely? Thank God for journey mercy. I pray i will testify like you latest next week iJn amen! Regards to your wify.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 5:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Good morning
Just wondering if I can know how long should we wait to receive passport with visa stamp from tlscontact?

I received call letter from HO ( successful appeal letter) on 24th May, I was waiting for my husbands passport renewal. Now I'm going tomorrow to teleperformance centre to resubmit passport and all documents required. Then waiting.
My friend has the same case as mine, and she resubmitted her passport on 31st of May. But still waiting.
I don't know how long should we wait to get our visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 5:24am On Jun 15, 2016
Bbken:
@fifi123 congratulations,
How long did your appeal stay before the overturn. I connect to this testimony oooo

2 months
I appealed on February and got overturn on April

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 9:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Tunderule, justwise can u tell me how to get my documents back.i have called them but the number doesn't get me to speak to someone. I need my marriage cert and passport urgently.i have sent envelops twice.but am worried cos I didn't have a postage stamp on it ,they won't send it to me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2016
Good Morning Everyone,

I just got this important information my wife which her lawyer friend just told her.

The lawyer said the Home office is debating to increase the financial requirement from £18,600 to £34,000 at the moment. He said this is the case going on in the Home office behind the scene.
Please anybody wanting to apply for Spousal visa should do it fast cause this British government are trying hard to cut down immigration.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2016
nky2015:
Tunderule, justwise can u tell me how to get my documents back.i have called them but the number doesn't get me to speak to someone. I need my marriage cert and passport urgently.i have sent envelops twice.but am worried cos I didn't have a postage stamp on it ,they won't send it to me.

You have to send a returning envelope with return postage stamps that's the only way you can get your documents back.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2016
Thanks cos it's more than 10 days.am getting worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello everyone. Please, I need your help Tunderule, Batba1, Justwise and other well wishers. Its so painful that I lost my 5months pregnancy few days ago and as a result of that hubby asked that I apply to join him cos I was still delaying it before. Please, I will like to know d documents u submitted for ur applications so I can begin putting it together pls. I will also like to know if its a must to have an IELTS even if am a B.sc holder?
Thank u so much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
nky2015:
Thanks cos it's more than 10 days.am getting worried.

Please just to get the clear picture have they concluded with your application and they asked you to send a return envelope?
or
You are the one asking for your passport and marriage certificate to be returned because you need it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
To start with;
My wife put exactly the amount of stamps needed to return the documents she sent to the Sheffield office but to my surprise they included my document and her document which obviously is over the stamped she attached...

The envelope you sent is it a self addressed stamped envelope? What they do most times is if you sent a self addressed envelope and their is not enough stamp on it .... they still send it but u will get a letter from post office saying you have a parcel to pick up and you will be charged way higher .

Since i can deduce you did not include self addressed stamps... please go to this link; contact them on the phone number as it is for ppl inside the UK....

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement

Return of documents - documents not received form

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Progress_enquiry.ofml

nky2015:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. God in his infinite mercy will grant you your heart wishes...
If the B.sc was achieved in uk then you do not need the IELTS but if it is outside the U.K. then you will need to do that.

That will be the first step.

mizbee:
Hello everyone. Please, I need your help Tunderule, Batba1, Justwise and other well wishers. Its so painful that I lost my 5months pregnancy few days ago and as a result of that hubby asked that I apply to join him cos I was still delaying it before. Please, I will like to know d documents u submitted for ur applications so I can begin putting it together pls. I will also like to know if its a must to have an IELTS even if am a B.sc holder?
Thank u so much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.