Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041913 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
2 weeks more

obabola123:
The waiting is killing, since April 4th. Sorry please how many weeks remain now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
Batba1:

Fingers crossed for you...congrats in advance!

Thanks so much....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
She needs to write IETLS....and now it has to be from a UKVI certified centre. I have seen ppl refused submitting IETLS not from a UKVI approved centre... so be careful...The lawyer is right.

The IELTS test for UK visa purposes is designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specific to UK Visas and Immigration. Test Report Forms will be slightly different, to show that test takers have taken the test at an IELTS UK visa session.

https://ieltsukvisas.britishcouncil.org/?_ga=1.64829871.1052492353.1466022871#/select-country

Good luck

janykute:

Justwise,please my wife is applying for her settlement visa as well but she told me that the immigration lawyer she was using advised her to write the IELTS exams.Am just confused with the whole thing.Do you have any link to this?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sorry bruv.... most definitely it would be nice to meet up for that drink.. so if u r in UK... hit me up anytime.. 1 luv

Lexusgs430:

And this was me innocently awaiting the drinks you promised me !!!
Enjoy your new home.
NB: I might need to fly to the uk to enjoy that promised drink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2016
Good morning everyone. Hope ur night was fine? pls has anyone used a priority service before and how long did it take to work on the application?
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
what type of application are u applying for ? if it is visit visa; i would reckon it is not needed because they seem to get the visit visa sorted very fast on or before 15 days.

mizbee:
Good morning everyone. Hope ur night was fine? pls has anyone used a priority service before and how long did it take to work on the application?
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
tunderule2016:
what type of application are u applying for ? if it is visit visa; i would reckon it is not needed because they seem to get the visit visa sorted very fast on or before 15 days.

Its a settlement visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
mizbee:
Thanks.

If you have the funds, and not the time to wait(for normal application), Priority application is the way to go. The emotional, psychological,physical and other traumas associated with normal application, is to hard to bear.
Ask tunderule2016 and others they would tell you (tunderule2016 trauma is now over).
If you pay priority application and your application is successful, expect to check out like Andrew within a month of submitting application.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
mizbee:

Its a settlement visa.

Submitted application 2nd of June, priority settlement. Got email yesterday saying decision has been made. That's 10 working days.

Should know the result next week

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
u r right bruv... that is why i asked @mizbee what kinda application ... if it is settlement priority na the way but if it is just standard visa i dont think priority is important except the person no ready wait for few days... Hope you good though bruv.

Lexusgs430:

If you have the funds, and not the time to wait(for normal application), Priority application is the way to go. The emotional, psychological,physical and other traumas associated with normal application, is to hard to bear.
Ask tunderule2016 and others they would tell you (tunderule2016 trauma is now over).
If you pay priority application and your application is successful, expect to check out like Andrew within a month of submitting application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
settlement... abeg no even think am.. if u get the money please go for priority ASAP... but make sure all your document are on point...

ALERT!!!! go for priority oooo or you will definitely wait for 60 days GBAKO!!!

mizbee:

Its a settlement visa.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
tunderule2016:
settlement... abeg no even think am.. if u get the money please go for priority ASAP... but make sure all your document are on point...
ALERT!!!! go for priority oooo or you will definitely wait for 60 days GBAKO!!!

60 working days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
deept:

60 working days

@tunderule and @deept thanks guys really appreciate ur advice. Please ooo everything in total in naira is how much? I told my oga but just need confirmation because of d different current exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
yes 60 working days ( 12 weeks)

deept:

60 working days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
tunderule2016:
u r right bruv... that is why i asked @mizbee what kinda application ... if it is settlement priority na the way but if it is just standard visa i dont think priority is important except the person no ready wait for few days... Hope you good though bruv.

Hope you are settled or settling in? I hear £ is now 510 to the Naira. Quickly start sending £ down o. LOL
NB: I dey o, enjoying this lack of power and hike in fuel price. The only positive is price of tomatoes is getting better, but we now have new forex policy, but our president is been treated by the NHS,cos he has an ear infection. I hope on his return, he replicates the NHS in Nigeria !!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2016
bruv.. am settled in already... u know i had lived here for over 4 years before...
omo men that pounds to naira thing is on my mind like anything .. cant wait to start working ooo ...
U kidding right, NHS for UK helping the president .. lmfaooo.... is there no good clinic in naija?

100 pounds = 51, 000 naira... this is unreal ...

Lexusgs430:

Hope you are settled or settling in? I hear £ is now 510 to the Naira. Quickly start sending £ down o. LOL
NB: I dey o, enjoying this lack of power and hike in fuel price. The only positive is price of tomatoes is getting better, but we now have new forex policy, but our president is been treated by the NHS,cos he has an ear infection. I hope on his return, he replicates the NHS in Nigeria !!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
'' what can of question can home office in case of inviting her for interview or mobile questioning''
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello please, my sponsor is worry.

My question is that '' In case my sponsor was invite for interview and phone questioning'' What are the question home office can ask her please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
miko123:

My question is that '' In case my sponsor was invite for interview and phone questioning'' What are the question home office can ask her please?

Try and read through the entire thread...you will learn a lot as all your answers are here...just take your time and read...so then you can ask more direct questions...

If you need a quick scan to see an instance of interview questions, you can read from page 100 for more recent ones but I STRONGLY advice you read from page 1...good luck!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
records... i kept from past.. lucky you ...Good luck

- What is your name?
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your address?
- What is your immigration status?
- How did you become a British citizen?
- When did you first come to the country...?
- Do you live alone?
- Is the property rented or a mortgage?
- What is the name of your housing association?
- How long have you lived at this address?
- Will you and you fiance live at this address together or will you move?
- What company do you work for?
- What is your job title?
- How long have you worked at this company?
- What does your job entail?
- What is your annual salary?
- How are your wages paid to you?

- What is your fiance's name?
- What is his date of birth?
- Where does he reside?
- Does he have any family here?
- What does he do for a living?
- Does he have any qualifications?
- Where did he study for his qualifications?
- Does he intend to work when he arrives in the UK?

- When did you first meet each other?
- Where did you first meet each other?
- How many visits have you made to see each other?
- When is your wedding planned for?
- How do you mainly contact each other?
- How often are you in contact with each other?
- Do you ever send each other money?

Another question by another sponsor

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for. settlement
2. Please confirm your spouses full name olatunde samuel alade
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person airport when he missed is flight
5. When did you first ever communicate. same day
6. And how calls and emails
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first go to Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there

miko123:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
what in total?

mizbee:

@tunderule and @deept thanks guys really appreciate ur advice. Please ooo everything in total in naira is how much? I told my oga but just need confirmation because of d different current exchange rate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 3:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks

tunderule2016:
records... i kept from past.. lucky you ...Good luck

- What is your name?
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your address?
- What is your immigration status?
- How did you become a British citizen?
- When did you first come to the country...?
- Do you live alone?
- Is the property rented or a mortgage?
- What is the name of your housing association?
- How long have you lived at this address?
- Will you and you fiance live at this address together or will you move?
- What company do you work for?
- What is your job title?
- How long have you worked at this company?
- What does your job entail?
- What is your annual salary?
- How are your wages paid to you?

- What is your fiance's name?
- What is his date of birth?
- Where does he reside?
- Does he have any family here?
- What does he do for a living?
- Does he have any qualifications?
- Where did he study for his qualifications?
- Does he intend to work when he arrives in the UK?

- When did you first meet each other?
- Where did you first meet each other?
- How many visits have you made to see each other?
- When is your wedding planned for?
- How do you mainly contact each other?
- How often are you in contact with each other?
- Do you ever send each other money?

Another question by another sponsor

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for. settlement
2. Please confirm your spouses full name olatunde samuel alade
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person airport when he missed is flight
5. When did you first ever communicate. same day
6. And how calls and emails
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first go to Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your best way forward. She returns to the uk initially. Start getting herself settled and meeting all the requirements. Then sending you all the documentations, for your application.
All this process should not exceed 10 months, so start planning!!!
NB : Assuming she gets to the uk and gets a job almost immediately. She would also need to rent a house or flat etc etc etc(so get your pen and paper and start calculating cost and length of time).

Hi @Lexusgs430 @Justwise. I have taken the above advice and my wife is currently now in the UK. I know one of the requirement will be proof of viable relationship. I guess I must start gathering and printing out all call logs and chats. Calls and chats are through Facebook Messenger. Anyone with an idea how to print this out. I plan to visit her next month just encourage her. She still job hunting, but there she hopeful of getting some factory job next week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
ekpotek:

Hi @Lexusgs430 @Justwise. I have taken the above advice and my wife is currently now in the UK. I know one of the requirement will be proof of viable relationship. I guess I must start gathering and printing out all call logs and chats. Calls and chats are through Facebook Messenger. Anyone with an idea how to print this out. I plan to visit her next month just encourage her. She still job hunting, but there she hopeful of getting some factory job next week.

Through my common man's knowledge, to print whatsapp calls, sync your device to your computer (whatsapp web) and print out chat history.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 7:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Through my common man's knowledge, to print WhatsApp calls, sync your device to your computer (whatsapp web) and print out chat history.

Please its Facebook Messenger and not Whatapps. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
tunderule2016:
Thank you ... Yes i arrived safely. only annoying thing is this Home office ppl can be ineffective at times... I visited the post office where my BRP should be available at to my surprise it has not been delivered . They claim it was dropped at the post office since june 1st, so i have had to email them and waiting for response but aside form that ... it is good to be back home!!!!

You will testify soon, just stay positive... just dey pack your load... it has been good good good news around u , so definitely, you will hear good news IJN. Hope IHS fee has not been refunded? It is your good news i am waiting for ; so go claim it

Praise God its successful...issued since 14th June....received it today. Thanks to you guys and i pray Gods gonna do it for us all iJn! Am extremely happy.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulation, am happy for you.

God will also surprice me with this good new by time next week IJN. AMEN.

egal22:

Praise God its successful...issued since 14th June....received it today. Thanks to you guys and i pray Gods gonna do it for us all iJn! Am extremely happy.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh ... you just made my week... Thank God....
you deserve it .... God bless... and Go enjoy your partner...
dont forget to post your timeline...

egal22:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
egal22:

Congrats once more...soooo happy for you!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
egal22:

Egal22, remember what you promised us o. Don't be like tunderule2016 and Portsmouth86, that simply left us hanging on promises.
Congratulations........... .........

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys ... greetings to Justwise , tunderule and the rest .... Well done guys as ur messages keeps giving me hope ... .. I'd like to as a questions...
While I'm waiting for the 15weeks to pass before a date for my appeal hearing, my British wife plans to come to Nigeria with my little daughter as she hasn't visited since after our wedding mid last year....
I'd like names and locations of affordable hotels in Lagos where we can stay for 2 weeks. . I'm asking as I live in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and the security situation is not favourable for my little daughter nd my wife . plz I await ur useful comments

thx

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.