Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037220 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by drobadebayo: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2016
Uchman365:

First step, get in touch via Email/phone
I have done that sir.Do you have an idea how long it might take to get them back?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks!

Sorry about the stress. Just stay strong. All will be well

Nkiruka1986:

Congratulations Abbylove!! I am so pleased for you! smiley
I am preparing to visit my husband in January... I have missed him so much that I don't have the patience to wait any longer... in the meantime I am trying to raise money to apply again for the uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Finally, I arrived London on Monday. I am very happy to reunite with my wife. I picked up my BRP card this morning.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
What airline did you use?

Is it easy picking up your BRP card?

anyichi16:
Finally, I arrived London on Monday. I am very happy to reunite with my wife. I picked up my BRP card this morning.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
anyichi16:

Nah so you too take escape without dropping us Xmas present. Diaris God O.............
Hope you are enjoying the romantic cold weather?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
@Benz101

How far? What's going on with your application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nah so you too take escape without dropping us Xmas present. Diaris God O.............
Hope you are enjoying the romantic cold weather?

Oga Lexusgs430, I never escape. I go dey remember you and everyone on this forum.
The weather here no dey funny at all. I nearly turn to iceberg yesterday. But it's shinning this morning in London. It's not too cold. I'm all over the place .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Darcy16:
What airline did you use?

Is it easy picking up your BRP card?

I used Media View airline. N168k from Lagos to Gatwick..
To pick up your BRP card, go to the designated address. Identify yourself and request for your BRP card. It will be handed unto you. That's all!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Welcome to London!

anyichi16:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Caribbeanwify28 has not yet graced this thread in a while.
Na so life be?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bardiva: 6:17am On Dec 30, 2016
Hi everyone, i'm a US citizen applying this week for the spousal visa from the States.

Where it asks if i have any other nationality i clicked "yes", Nigeria. Meanwhile hubby raised a fit and says not to select yes, because i wasn't born there and have no strong ties to Nigeria, however i do have a valid Nigerian passport which i got 3 years ago in Atlanta.

But shouldn't i just say yes? They don't ask for the naija passport number.

If i say NO, then i'm basically lying and i don't want to be refused because of that.

If i say yes, then i have to deal with the wrath (lol) from him.

Please help.

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2016
Bardiva:
Hi everyone, i'm a US citizen applying this week for the spousal visa from the States.

Where it asks if i have any other nationality i clicked "yes", Nigeria. Meanwhile hubby raised a fit and says not to select yes, because i wasn't born there and have no strong ties to Nigeria, however i do have a valid Nigerian passport which i got 3 years ago in Atlanta.

If i say NO, then i'm basically lying and i don't want to be refused because of that.

Please help.

Thanks.

From my understanding, possession of a Nigerian passport confirms citizenship of the country.

If by circumstance you have never used the Nigerian passport for travel, then it maybe easier to get away with not providing the Nigerian passport details in your uk visa application.

However, if you have used it to travel, then it's information most likely have been captured by airport systems/consulars etc. which could be made available to Home Office.

Should Home Office discover that you deliberately withheld information or lied in your application, like in this case, they will not bat an eyelid to refuse your application.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck! smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2016
Hey Mrsbebe please don't forget to post your timeline

Mrsbebe:
Visa issued.. Picked up today. Got a mail on thursdays that it was ready. Still my xmas gift. Thanks guys for your help n support. Will post timelines n documents sent later. @Abbylove which airline dis you use and how was d flight. Thank you Jesus.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2016
Bardiva:

Please help.

Thanks.

Please select yes. You have dual nationality.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Just got decision made email.. Thank God!

abubarakat:
I see. You are lucky then. Mine is still unattended to. I last tracked it yesterday. I pray we all get a successful decision.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
Jennyze:

Congrats in advance!

You will definitely pick up your visa sometime next week.

When did Sheffield acknowledge receipt of your supporting documents? Priority, right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
Nice. I've been looking out for your updates because i did my biometrics a day after yours. I pray we all get the visa.

Your passport should be ready for collection Tuesday/Wednesday next week. Good luck.

Jennyze:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 11:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks!

I never got an acknowledgement email from them. We just tracked it. Was delivered on the 6th of December.

Yes, priority.

Demoore:

Congrats in advance!

You will definitely pick up your visa sometime next week.

When did Sheffield acknowledge receipt of your supporting documents? Priority, right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
Amen!

abubarakat:
Nice. I've been looking out for your updates because i did my biometrics a day after yours. I pray we all get the visa.

Your passport should be ready for collection Tuesday/Wednesday next week. Good luck.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bardiva: 12:22am On Dec 31, 2016
Thanks everyone, i'd just go ahead and select yes even though i haven't used the naija passport. You guys do excellent work here. i read though the entire post and was able to pick some good pointers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 2:43am On Dec 31, 2016
Bardiva:

Please help.

Thanks.

Yeah, there's really no need to lie about having a Nigerian passport/nationality and then being caught out. It doesn't even adversely affect your application These people all share consular information.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year everyone
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2017
Happy New Year All!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Happy new and blessed year everyone. Congratulations to all successful applicants.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
Happy New Year everybody. It is going to be a good year for all applicants.

Is this the right contact details to contact in order to make an inquiry about the application?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
How far boss,

Have you been contacted since the biometrics?

Benz101:
Happy new and blessed year everyone. Congratulations to all successful applicants.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
Correction I found it.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
Darcy16:
How far boss,

Have you been contacted since the biometrics?

No contact yet Chief. Hopefully end of the month.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
we're nearly at working day 50. I'm going to call them next week. Try ginger them

Benz101:

No contact yet Chief. Hopefully end of the month.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Darcy16:
we're nearly at working day 50. I'm going to call them next week. Try ginger them

Contacting them will be a total waste as nothing will come out of it. It's wise to contact them after the 60 working days. If there's no response from them , next action is to contact MP. My MP is aware, we are just waiting for the 60 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
You've already contacted your MP. I thought MP's only come in handy in appeal cases. I will email them instead of wasting money and email my MP too.

It should come around the 60 day period going by others in the group.

Don't go MIA on me. You're 4 days ahead of me so waiting to hear your good news soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
I have picked up my passport and my visa was granted!!

Visa was issued since 15th of December..

my timeline coming up shortly,

God is indeed faithful!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.