Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037255 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ColinWard: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
Abbylove:
Wow!

Unbelievable.

The closing remark is so mean...."pay more if they can afford to do so"

Oh well. Needle go pass before road close for thread like a popular song goes!

The UK government has since reversed this decision after the Courts pointed out that it wasn't exactly legal to do this. Nevertheless, appealsd are still very difficult to achieve and have very long waiting times.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
I see. You are lucky then. Mine is still unattended to. I last tracked it yesterday. I pray we all get a successful decision.

Jennyze:
I did mine on the 29th.. priority too.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hi Abbylove, please what documents did you take with you to collect ur documents. What do they mean by photogrphic ID. The only Id i had is my passport which i have submitted.

Thanks.

Abbylove:
9°c

Phweeeew.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
Realgeo:
Merry Christmas to you all in the house. Pls I will like the oga,s at the top (lexusgs430, justwise, uchman365 and the rest) to help me Explain the 28 days rule on bank statement and payslip stuff as I have tried to locate the topic here but can't find it. Any help or info will be appreciated. God bless

The 28 day rule - Simply means, your last bank statement and pay slip must be issued within 28 days on the day of application.

You submit your application on the 22/12/2016, your last bank statement and payslip, must not be issued on the 22/10/2016 (that's almost 2 months out of date)...

Hope I have clarified and not confused you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hello Mrs bebe; wat u need for collection is your checklist given to u when u did your biometrics, a copy of your passport is always attached to it. That should be it as per when I did mine in February, all the best!!!

Mrsbebe:
Hi Abbylove, please what documents did you take with you to collect ur documents. What do they mean by photogrphic ID. The only Id i had is my passport which i have submitted.

Thanks.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The 28 day rule - Simply means, your last bank statement and pay slip must be issued within 28 days on the day of application.

You submit your application on the 22/12/2016, your last bank statement and payslip, must not be issued on the 22/10/2016 (that's almost 2 months out of date)...

Hope I have clarified and not confused you?
Thanks @Lexugs430. U have made clear to me thank
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Welcome to the UK! Quickly call jobcenter so you can book appointment to get your NI NUMBER, you won't need proof of address for that! Cheers

Abbylove:
9°c

Phweeeew.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
AdimO1:
Hi guys.. @justwise @foreveryours201 and all Nairalnders, just a little tip from my experience.
I have been invited to the uk for 3yrs now by my partners mum, and i always get the visa, and remember i said i will be applying for settlement visa in February.
So 2weeks ago i made a visit visa application to visit my partner (now wife) in the uk for 11days. But i was refused cos of a flimsy excuse.
The visa officer said my bank statement wasn't translated to english from german hence he cannot determine my financial position, for that he is refusing me visiting visa.

This sounds ludicrous cos it's thesame bank statement i have been using to apply for visa all these while and never been refused, until i said i was being invited by my partner and submitted proof of our relationship. I have never heard before that a bank statement should be translated. Lol

But i guess they looking for excuse cos it's my partner inviting me, hence they feel i will not leave the uk. Despite submitting all required docs that shie my ties to germany. But i feel it's a stupid excuse.

Thinking of sending them an email about this... Then chill and apply for settlement visa in February cos i only did this visit visa because i wanted to celebrate christmas with the family.

Also note all my applications to uk, i always say i will be in the uk for 2weeks, but i never stayed more than 1week, cos i ve got a lot to do (biz n study), so my immigration history is perfect.
What do you guys think was the real reason ?

Thanks

Sorry that this is coming late..

Actually you needed to translate any doc that is not written in English language when applying for visa, they may have overlooked it before but its a normal practice.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
Fifi123:
Hi everyone
I have a little question or we can say problem
I'm now in uk with a spouse visa, my husband is getting benefits from government cause of his disability.
I found a job here which I'll start working soon
But the point is the government will cut off all or part of his benefits.
Plus I'm still looking forward the next visa, if they stop his benefits, how can he support and sponsor me in my next stage of visa!
How and what can you advise me please.

How many hours will you be working in a week?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
Thanks. I appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
That's might be a clear indication that you got the visa!

Think about it... If you ever have to re apply or appeal or totally give up on the settlement visa process won't your documents be sent back to you?

That was my thought when hubby said he got all of my documents except the tb-test result & my birth certificate.

And indeed we were right, we got it.

Congratulations in advance Jennyze...start packing.

Jennyze:
My documents were sent to him too.

What does it mean?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:29am On Dec 23, 2016
Oh my!

The cold is not romantic at all.

Darcy16:
You should be happy at the temp. When you see -4°c you'll know what real cold is.

Congrats again Abbylove. Have a wonderful Christmas

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:33am On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks kembee86

I sure will today

KemBee86:
Welcome to the UK! Quickly call jobcenter so you can book appointment to get your NI NUMBER, you won't need proof of address for that! Cheers

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2016
I went with the list they gave me upon completion of my biometrics at TLS. It had a copy of my international passport data page attached to it.

Mrsbebe:

Thanks.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2016
I have my bags packed!

Thanks Abbylove.

Did you need to show your original tb cert at any time of your trip? So I know if hubby should mine back.

Thanks.

[Qquote author=Abbylove post=52184872]That's might be a clear indication that you got the visa!

Think about it... If you ever have to re apply or appeal or totally give up on the settlement visa process won't your documents be sent back to you?

That was my thought when hubby said he got all of my documents except the tb-test result & my birth certificate.

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2016
Amen!

abubarakat:
I see. You are lucky then. Mine is still unattended to. I last tracked it yesterday. I pray we all get a successful decision.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Abbylove:
Oh my!

Which cold? Cold wey still dey knock......... You never see anything, wait till late December into January...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2016
Jennyze:
My documents were sent to him too.

What does it mean?

Was your passport amongst your documents sent to him? Did they call/invite either you or your husband for an interview?

If it's not too much stress for you, I think you should visit tls and tell them you're there pick up your documents. There have been cases of documents received without notification sent out.

On another hand, I think the December rush coupled with many home office staff going on Christmas holidays, may have affected the normal processing times of visas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2016
You'll get used to it don't worry. Weather for two as they like to say wink

Check out Karen's page, it'll prepare you for the next visa stage

https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk

Abbylove:
Oh my!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
No. They didnt ask to see my tb test result which had expired anyway. Hubby said if they are in doubt they can do another one for me by themselves at the airport. Lol

They just asked me a few questions at the border:

Q. Why have you come to the UK?
A. To join my husband

Q. Congratulations. What do you do?
A. Am self employed.

Q. What type of business?
A. I sell ladies' fashion accessories.

Q. Did you have a shop?
A. Yes.

Q. So whats going to happen to it?
A. My mom has inherited it. (We both laughed)

Q. Where does your husband work?
A. XYZ Company

Q. As?
A. A manager

Him. Okay ma'am. Make sure you go to this post office (pointing at my decision letter) as soon as you can to pick up your BRP. Dont forget.
Me. I won't. Thank you.
Him Merry Christmas
Me. Same to you

Jennyze:
I have my bags packed!

Thanks Abbylove.

Did you need to show your original tb cert at any time of your trip? So I know if hubby should mine back.

Thanks.

[Qquote author=Abbylove post=52184872]That's might be a clear indication that you got the visa!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Dear Me!!!

Lexusgs430:

Which cold? Cold wey still dey knock......... You never see anything, wait till late December into January...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for that link.

Am on it. Got my N.I appointment setup for next week

Darcy16:
You'll get used to it don't worry. Weather for two as they like to say wink

Check out Karen's page, it'll prepare you for the next visa stage

https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
My passport wasnt sent to him but every other document was invludong my TB certificate.

We were not called/invited for interview.

I'll wait it out till Wednesday 28th Dec. Then I'll go to tls.

Thanks Demoore.

Demoore:

Was your passport amongst your documents sent to him? Did they call/invite either you or your husband for an interview?

If it's not too much stress for you, I think you should visit tls and tell them you're there pick up your documents. There have been cases of documents received without notification sent out.

On another hand, I think the December rush coupled with many home office staff going on Christmas holidays, may have affected the normal processing times of visas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=Abbylove post=52185137]I went with the list they gave me upon completion of my biometrics at TLS. It had a copy of my international passport data page attached to it.

Hey Abbylove, hope u are enjoying the cold breeze of London. Pls can u post ur checklist so I can know the exact documents to put together. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Hello Realgeo.
My checklist isnt the best. Found some awesome ones here after I had submitted my application.
I was lucky I must tell you 'cos I made a handful of mistakes on my application.

But since you asked this is what we sent in.

We divided our list into 4 and sent in documents for each category

1. English requirement
- NARIC Certificate for my 1st & Masters degree
(I sent in photocopies, hubby sent in originals)
- My original certificates
- Medium of Instruction letters from my universities (I studied in Nigeria)
- NYSC Certificate

2. Financial requirement
- P60
- pay slips for 6 months prior to application
- New contract of employment (due to start a few weeks after I submitted my application)
- 6 months bank statement

Please note that we met the minimum amount required with his old & new job

* we didn't add a letter from His new or old employer. Please do if you can.

3. Accommodation requirement
- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- water bill

* Others add electricity bill, letter from Landlord and many other stuff here. We didn't because he owns his house so we didn't need to get a letter from anyone. So please note you might need to get one if the apartment is rented

4. Relationship
- Marriage certificate
- 30 pictures from our introduction/traditional wedding
- 30 pictures from our registry ceremony
- 30 pictures from a after wedding-dinner party where we hosted our friends
- 20 pictures from times we spent together
(Many of them were selfies and kissy kissy pictures...lol)
- Photocopies of his visa page for the 2 times he came to Nigeria
- His flight tickets/boarding passes for those 2 return trips
- 12 emails we sent each other. Only one was romantic....and that was the one I sent him on his birthday.
- Screenshoots of our whatsapp calls. (100+ pages....we talk 10 times a day)

Note: we didn't remember to put dates on our pictures. Please do.
We also didnt add our whatsapp chat...please do this.
He has sent me money several times but we didnt add evidence of that 'cos we didnt know it would be relevant. Please do.

Gifts he bought me when he came for the wedding....we didnt add evidence of this. Please do

Other documents added were my birth certificate, my business registration documents, my personal income tax receipt, IHS fee receipt, a cover letter written by my husband and his british passport.

The mistakes I made were typographic so please be very careful when filling your forms.

I had 2 previous UK visit visa refusals but it didnt stop us from getting it.
Thank God

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

[quote author=Realgeo post=52198115][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2016
Abbylove:
Hello Realgeo.
My checklist isnt the best. Found some awesome ones here after I had submitted my application.
I was lucky I must tell you 'cos I made a handful of mistakes on my application.

1. English requirement
- NYSC Certificate

2. Financial requirement
- P60
- New contract of employment (due to start a few weeks after I submitted my application)

- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- water bill

* Others add electricity bill, letter from Landlord and many other stuff here. We didn't because he owns his house so we didn't need to get a letter from anyone. So please note you might need to get one if the apartment is rented

4. Relationship
- Marriage certificate
- 12 emails we sent each other. Only one was romantic....and that was the one I sent him on his birthday.

He has sent me money several times but we didnt add evidence of that 'cos we didnt know it would be relevant. Please do.

Gifts he bought me when he came for the wedding....we didnt add evidence of this. Please do

Other documents added were my birth certificate, my business registration documents, my personal income tax receipt, IHS fee receipt and his british passport.

The mistakes I made were typographic so please be very careful when filling your forms.

Thank God

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

Abbylove, any space for me in your left luggage? I am very slim and can fit into any space (or so I think)..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2016
Hahaha. Sorry slim Mister Lexusgs430 u are a few days late.

Picked up my passport on Tuesday was off to london on Wednesday.
BRP picked on Thursday.

Am currently hiding under the duvet...7°c weather isn't Nigerian friendly. Lol

Lexusgs430:

Abbylove, any space for me in your left luggage? I am very slim and can fit into any space (or so I think)..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 11:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for sharing @Abbylove.
What documents did you submit at the VAC office in Nigeria?

[q1uote author=Abbylove post=52213612]Hello Realgeo.

1. English requirement
- NYSC Certificate

2. Financial requirement
- P60

- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- water bill

4. Relationship
- Marriage certificate

Other documents added were my birth certificate, my business registration documents, my personal income tax receipt, IHS fee receipt and his british passport.

Thank God

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Hi Tosine.

At the Tls office I submitted (with photocopies):
- My passport (old and new)
- Original marriage certificate
- My university degree certificates
- evidence of our communication
- pictures
- IHS & Visa application receipts
- photocopy of NARIC certificate
-original medium of instruction letters from my universities
-birth certificate, tb test certificate, my biz registration documents and personal income tax certificate.

This was in September.
They stopped taking hardcopies since the 5th Dec. 2016.

Just know that all your personal documents would be accepted from you at the submission centre. While all documents originating from the UK should be sent in by your soonsor.

Hope this helps.

[quote author=tosine post=52217375]Thanks for sharing @Abbylove.
What documents did you submit at the VAC office in Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2016
Abbylove:
Hello Realgeo.

1. English requirement
- NYSC Certificate

2. Financial requirement
- P60

- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- water bill

4. Relationship
- Marriage certificate

Thank God

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

Hello Abbylove, compliments and Congratulations. Please, with the 2 refusals you had, did you use the priority service for your application?
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Abbylove:
Hahaha. Sorry slim Mister Lexusgs430 u are a few days late.

Picked up my passport on Tuesday was off to london on Wednesday.
BRP picked on Thursday.

Am currently hiding under the duvet...7°c weather isn't Nigerian friendly. Lol

I know you have already done an Andrew, by checking out.
Just incase any luggage was accidentally left behind........
Now you see how Internet connection is not a luxury (if only you can package some WiFi connection for us)....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
Compliments of the season to you too & congratulations in advance to you (Amen)

No.My application was non priority.
It said on the TLS website to not use priority service if you have had previous refusals.

I read here later about a few people who used priority service despite their refusal history and got their visas on time.

Wish i saw that earlier.

Horrible 12weeks + 3 working days it was to wait to know the outcome of our application. But it was worth the wait.

mizbee:

Hello Abbylove, compliments and Congratulations. Please, with the 2 refusals you had, did you use the priority service for your application?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.