Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,621 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041965 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ifematreal: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2017
Hello house! I learnt US embassy is now detecting fake Dubai passport control. My worry is that my passport is carrying one. I'll be applying UK visiting Visa in couple of weeks, does UK Embassy too confirm /detect fake passport controls? I'm asking this to avoid incidences of rejection.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2017
ifematreal:
Hello house! I learnt US embassy is now detecting fake Dubai passport control. My worry is that my passport is carrying one. I'll be applying UK visiting Visa in couple of weeks, does UK Embassy too confirm /detect fake passport controls? I'm asking this to avoid incidences of rejection.

Thanks

Jejely go apply for a new passport......... Instant refusal, because your passport in its present form would be seized .......

NB : Not forgetting a 10 year ban..........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2017
tayeby78:
Please quote your appeal timeline here and if you don't mind, the reasons why you were refused and what documents you provided to rectify the refusal.
My husband has appealed since February 12 2017, got notice of pending appeal 11th April and this week makes it 15th week and we've got nothing - 21/7/17.
Our lawyer has been completely useless throughout this whole process and the appeal was his idea as he was convinced it'll get overturned at the review stage. The wait is excruciating. I wish I'd seen this forum earlier.

Please house, what is the next stage for us regarding this matter? I hear the HO have a backlog and people that have paid priority are waiting up to 12 weeks? To top it all, today is our one year anniversary we did traditional wedding and I couldn't even celebrate it with my husband:-(

quote author=na271 post=48666426]Dear all,

as i successfully appealed against the visa refusal and the tribunal overturned the decision and ask me to repay the IHS fee and submit the passport and tribunal decision letter to the VAC and I am applied from out of UK, hence i have to pay IHS online through my online account onl;y. But can't pay thorough my GWA number through which i paid last time, that they returned back after the refusal of visa. HOW I CAN PAY MY IHS now through my online account? anybody can help?

thanks
na271

If i was handling your brief, i would advice you to withdraw the appeal and reapply ( subject to certain terms).....
Reapplication is a more expensive approach, only if the rejection was based on lack of application preparation on your part.
Which brings me to my last question,why was the application refused ? And have you made adjustments?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2017
zymanda:
Hello guys. I have been a silent follower. Pls I need advice. My review was denied by the ECM reason that my husband didn't meet the financial threshold and the relationship is not genuine but the issue is we met the threshold and above(he is self employed?) we sent them proof of our relationship Skype chat, WhatsApp chat and statement of acc which shows money he sends to me for my monthly upkeep. But they still said it's not enough. We had more WhatsApp chats and pictures but I was living in France where we met, got married and I came back to nigeria for something and decided to apply from here so I lost most chats and phone records. The ECM quoted DR 38 (Morocco) and said we shouldn't bring in more evidence. Since I have been in Nigeria we have been communicating, met and taken pictures together and he has bee sending money for my upkeep, can't we use these? The tribunal asked for more evidence as we choosed paper hearing(don't know if it's OK and faster as I am tired of waiting and the distance is tearing me) Pls advice on what next to do as I am confused. Thanks

Been self employed, what financial documents did he submit to meet the criteria?
Losing communication log is not a good sign. How much communication log did you submit?
And what new documentary proof do have with you for the paper hearing ?

NB: This appeal requires 200% more documentation proof, from what you initially submitted.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
My May people, any news?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
obiw24:
My May people, any news?

Some one who had her biometric 1st of May just got her visa the way I see things hn from next week people will start getting replies fully nextweek .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
joygirl2017:

Some one who had her biometric 1st of May just got her visa the way I see things hn from next week people will start getting replies fully nextweek .

Your biometric was 25th may that will be till middle of August from how I have been seeing the trend .
Am waiting for news from Mr bbbb to receive his o .

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
My padi... long time... Hope you winning... You are right .. make she jejely apply for new passport. Just recently the uk embassy sent a friends passport to kirikiri for collection as it has FAKE ghana stamps on it .. ppl have to be very careful now.. the Uk is very strict now..

Lexusgs430:

Jejely go apply for a new passport......... Instant refusal, because your passport in its present form would be seized .......

NB : Not forgetting a 10 year ban..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
please listen to what Lexusgs430 said...

ifematreal:

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
tunderule2016:
please listen to what Lexusgs430 said...

Oga don appear o. How u dey? Longest time.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
This might sound stupid... but did you do a court marriage? The Uk have high regards for court marriages than church or other marriages. Appealing is the best option but the wait is very very very long... i will suggest you appeal then put in a fresh application and make sure you reference the appeal. Make sure everything they suggested you included them .. and make sure in the additional information box ; please write until you can not write no more..... People under estimate the power the additional information section carry ...

Do a complete check list here i explained how to arrange a document for ECO https://www.nairaland.com/3065395/how-prepare-documents-submission you can read on that and it will help you.

DO NOT FORGET .. THEY CAN HOLD DENY YOU FOR ANOTHER REASON SO PLEASE GET ALL DOCUMENTS NECESSARY.

zymanda:
Hello guys. I have been a silent follower. Pls I need advice. My review was denied by the ECM reason that my husband didn't meet the financial threshold and the relationship is not genuine but the issue is we met the threshold and above(he is self employed?) we sent them proof of our relationship Skype chat, WhatsApp chat and statement of acc which shows money he sends to me for my monthly upkeep. But they still said it's not enough. We had more WhatsApp chats and pictures but I was living in France where we met, got married and I came back to nigeria for something and decided to apply from here so I lost most chats and phone records. The ECM quoted DR 38 (Morocco) and said we shouldn't bring in more evidence. Since I have been in Nigeria we have been communicating, met and taken pictures together and he has bee sending money for my upkeep, can't we use these? The tribunal asked for more evidence as we choosed paper hearing(don't know if it's OK and faster as I am tired of waiting and the distance is tearing me) Pls advice on what next to do as I am confused. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Bruv it has been longer than longest lol.... bless God and miss you guyz like kilode.... you and justwise and others has been doing a great job .. honestly... I cant believe 1 year ago i was here reading and waiting for my application to be reviewed.. WOW...

I hope someday we meet though.. Hope you are alright anyways.. i reflect back today from what i have read on here and the conversation i have had with ppl like u , justwise,frontpage lawyer... who say naija no get good ppl.. God bless u guyz

Lexusgs430:

Oga don appear o. How u dey? Longest time.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
tunderule2016:
Bruv it has been longer than longest lol.... bless God and miss you guyz like kilode.... you and justwise and others has been doing a great job .. honestly... I cant believe 1 year ago i was here reading and waiting for my application to be reviewed.. WOW...

I hope someday we meet though.. Hope you are alright anyways.. i reflect back today from what i have read on here and the conversation i have had with ppl like u , justwise,frontpage lawyer... who say naija no get good ppl.. God bless u guyz

The world is a small place. I am sure someday, we would meet up for a drink and suya......
Takia

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Application was refused based on not meeting the financial requirements......i hasn't been in my current employment for 6 months so I combined my documents from self employment and 3 months of current earrings to show evidence which was completely wrong. This had now been rectified as I have been in current employment for over a year now and earn over 40k per annum.

Also refused on relationship not being genuine cos we only submitted pictures from court wedding and traditional wedding which was about 6 pictures.....*covers face * and no chat or call history included. Again, we have enormous evidence to prove this.

Lastly was the English language because we only added the transcripts from his UK masters degree and not the degree certificate but we have now done a naric certification from his bsc in naija.

Lawyer reckons it is not a good idea to reapply now since there's a hold on making decisions on spousal applications 're the financial requirements and that even priority applications are waiting longer than usual. I am so confused. Don't know what other steps to take. Just wish I'd known about the forum before we applied:-(
Lexusgs430:

If i was handling your brief, i would advice you to withdraw the appeal and reapply ( subject to certain terms).....
Reapplication is a more expensive approach, only if the rejection was based on lack of application preparation on your part.
Which brings me to my last question,why was the application refused ? And have you made adjustments?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
tayeby78:
Application was refused based on not meeting the financial requirements......i hasn't been in my current employment for 6 months so I combined my documents from self employment and 3 months of current earrings to show evidence which was completely wrong. This had now been rectified as I have been in current employment for over a year now and earn over 40k per annum.

Also refused on relationship not being genuine cos we only submitted pictures from court wedding and traditional wedding which was about 6 pictures.....*covers face * and no chat or call history included. Again, we have enormous evidence to prove this.

Lastly was the English language because we only added the transcripts from his UK masters degree and not the degree certificate but we have now done a naric certification from his bsc in naija.

Lawyer reckons it is not a good idea to reapply now since there's a hold on making decisions on spousal applications 're the financial requirements and that even priority applications are waiting longer than usual. I am so confused. Don't know what other steps to take. Just wish I'd known about the forum before we applied:-(

Very very true

Did you initiate the services of the Lawyer, during your application process initially ?

You have already covered your face, in the errors you initially made. And it looks like you have made serious corrections to amend.

Accommodation situation covered well ?

NB : All applications (normal & priority) are currently experiencing very long wait periods........

Appeals would even face much longer waiting periods, in comparison to fresh applications. Hence my advice. Appeal would definitely be a cheaper option, its entirely your call how long you are prepared to wait for......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

No we didn't enlist the help of a lawyer when making the initial application.

Accommodation is fine however I've had to move back to mothers 5 bedroom house.....got lonely and depressed living alone in a 2 bed flat without the husband. Mother is happy to provide accommodation for application if need be.

I'm happy to reapply asap but lawyer is reluctant due to the current dispute at hand but how would I know when the ban has been lifted?
Just heard that the MPs are currently on vacation and won't be back to work till September to enlisting their help is no good at the moment. I'm just tired of the charades of it all.
By the way, Thanks for hearing me out.............really appreciate you.

Very very true

Did you initiate the services of the Lawyer, during your application process initially ?

You have already covered your face, in the errors you initially made. And it looks like you have made serious corrections to amend.

Accommodation situation covered well ?

NB : All applications (normal & priority) are currently experiencing very long wait periods........

Appeals would even face much longer waiting periods, in comparison to fresh applications. Hence my advice. Appeal would definitely be a cheaper option, its entirely your call how long you are prepared to wait for......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=tayeby78 post=58830836][/quote]

Yes, they return 5th Of September.........

How long is this hold ? If you could answer this question, I would tell you how long this hold is ..... How long is a piece of string ?

Unfortunately, its a waiting game. If the appeal route is your best route, expect an 18 month - 20 months waiting period...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks @lexusgs430. A word is enough for the wise. Alatuse lo mo atunse e.

Lexusgs430:

Yes, they return 5th Of September.........

How long is this hold ? If you could answer this question, I would tell you how long this hold is ..... How long is a piece of string ?

Unfortunately, its a waiting game. If the appeal route is your best route, expect an 18 month - 20 months waiting period...........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2017
tayeby78:

my own opinion; you have now covered all the loop holes according to the info given here by u so I will advise that you reapply, if u still have enough fund, cause they will not refuse u the second time with the package u are having now again, appeal takes longer time. Your lawyer saying that I should not reapply because of the hold on making decisions doesn't sound right cause u have already passed the financial requirement with ur new income. 2 or 3 months waiting is better than 18 months waiting.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2017
tayeby78:

You need to reapply. Pay slips must match with bank statements. Include as many pictures as possible as well as chat and/or call records over the time period of your relationship. Get a letter from your landlord stating spouse is allowed to live with you, including your tenancy agreement if possible and an accommodation report to state that there will be no overcrowding.

The hold on spousal applications has been due to backlog on applications not meeting the financial requirements. This was caused by the Supreme Court ruling in February this year. However, the Home Office made those changes on July 20, 2017 and will begin implementing on August 10, 2017. You can see https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-office-makes-changes-appendix-fm-minimum-income-rule-following-mm-case/ for more details. If your lawyer doesn't know this, then I do advise that you get yourself a new lawyer or do it yourself. There's a group on Facebook that's also great at helping in this process and afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
was just coming to say this now that the changes have been made and is in effect from August 10. I agree if your lawyer doesnt know it an dpeople like me who is yet to apply know, then you shouldnt be listening to him. @taye
teejay231:

You need to reapply. Pay slips must match with bank statements. Include as many pictures as possible as well as chat and/or call records over the time period of your relationship. Get a letter from your landlord stating spouse is allowed to live with you, including your tenancy agreement if possible and an accommodation report to state that there will be no overcrowding.

The hold on spousal applications has been due to backlog on applications not meeting the financial requirements. This was caused by the Supreme Court ruling in February this year. However, the Home Office made those changes on July 20, 2017 and will begin implementing on August 10, 2017. You can see https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-office-makes-changes-appendix-fm-minimum-income-rule-following-mm-case/ for more details. If your lawyer doesn't know this, then I do advise that you get yourself a new lawyer or do it yourself. There's a group on Facebook that's also great at helping in this process and afterwards.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hello, myself and my wife communicate through WhatsApp and Facebook is that ok,but most of our calls are on WhatsApp.
she left for UK 7 month ago and has beeen working since then.
We hardly send mails and we don't do Skype call. Just Facebook and WhatsApp call.does this have effect on our application since someone says that mails are important
2.on her email the name is in her marital name I.e but her passport is in her maiden name.can she edit her name in gmail settings to reflect the maiden name to correspond with the name on her passport,since her passport still reflect her maiden name.
3. Will changing her name in her gmail account setting from marital to maiden to correspond with her passport not raise suspicion.your prompt and kind response will be appreciated.
Example : all emails before now are in:Fola patrick ( marital name patrick)but want to change on gmail setting t to:reacheal Fola Smith (Smith being her maiden name) as reflected on her passport.
4.we communicate most of the times using whatsapp and sometimes through facebook messenger.whatapp record the call logs record is showing MY SWEETHEART which is the name i use to save her number. is this ok or should i change it to her real name
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
readynow:
Hello, myself and my wife communicate through WhatsApp and Facebook is that ok,but most of our calls are on WhatsApp.
she left for UK 7 month ago and has beeen working since then.
We hardly send mails and we don't do Skype call. Just Facebook and WhatsApp call.does this have effect on our application since someone says that mails are important
2.on her email the name is in her marital name I.e but her passport is in her maiden name.can she edit her name in gmail settings to reflect the maiden name to correspond with the name on her passport,since her passport still reflect her maiden name.
3. Will changing her name in her gmail account setting from marital to maiden to correspond with her passport not raise suspicion.your prompt and kind response will be appreciated.
Example : all emails before now are in:Fola patrick ( marital name patrick)but want to change on gmail setting t to:reacheal Fola Smith (Smith being her maiden name) as reflected on her passport.
4.we communicate most of the times using whatsapp and sometimes through facebook messenger.whatapp record the call logs record is showing MY SWEETHEART which is the name i use to save her number. is this ok or should i change it to her real name

1. As far as I understand, as long as you have records for most of the duration of the relationship, it doesn't matter if it's just whatsapp or Facebook or both.

2. I know people with maiden names on their account statements and employment letters and it didn't affect them in anyway. Email settings are far less important.

3. Be advised that a lot of spouses keep their maiden name even after getting married, doesn't have anything to do the application.

4. Doesn't matter. You can include in your cover or introductory letter that your spouses nickname on your chat records is so so.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
Just checked the link now...a decision has been made since 25th of July but TLS hasn't updated my application status. I can't wait o... Good luck to everyone of us in Jesus name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
Phebesfab:
Just checked the link now...a decision has been made since 25th of July but TLS hasn't updated my application status. I can't wait o... Good luck to everyone of us in Jesus name.

Thank you Jesus.

The settlement visa decision blessing is in my neighborhood.

Congrats in advance dear. It'll definitely be ready for pick up on Friday or Monday.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Phebesfab:

Congrats. Good to hear people r recieving feedback. I heard. TLS website was down last week. So that might be the case.

Please when did u do ur biometrics?

Hello guys what's up with May people? Anything yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
Thanks,I pray I get a mail today o.
obiw24:

Thank you Jesus.

Congrats in advance dear. It'll definitely be ready for pick up on Friday or Monday.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
I did my biometrics on the 3rd of May
MrBBBB:

Congrats. Good to hear people r recieving feedback. I heard. TLS website was down last week. So that might be the case.

Please when did u do ur biometrics?

Hello guys what's up with May people? Anything yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
obiw24:

Thank you Jesus.

I pray for you. Yours is 5th or 25th of May? Biometrics I mean?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrBBBB: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
joygirl2017:

Hopefully. We are hoping so.

Any news?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Thank you teejay

teejay231:

1. As far as I understand, as long as you have records for most of the duration of the relationship, it doesn't matter if it's just whatsapp or Facebook or both.

2. I know people with maiden names on their account statements and employment letters and it didn't affect them in anyway. Email settings are far less important.

3. Be advised that a lot of spouses keep their maiden name even after getting married, doesn't have anything to do the application.

4. Doesn't matter. You can include in your cover or introductory letter that your spouses nickname on your chat records is so so.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
please have another question do anyone have any issue with laminated credentials all my certificate are laminated,name it all nysc,bsc,marriage cert,waec.i read in this forum that laminated copies are not acceptable

1. how do i go about getting the certify true copy
2.do i go through the school or through a notary public or lawyer to get a certified true copy
3.when applying would it be necessary to take a picture of the all laminated certificate for evident that it was laminated and present the certify copy along side or i should simply present the certify true copy only
4.what reason will i give for laminating

please if you have experience this i will like know how you went about it,or am i the only one with this experience

please help your comment will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.