Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041336 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Phebesfab:
Just checked the link now...a decision has been made since 25th of July but TLS hasn't updated my application status. I can't wait o... Good luck to everyone of us in Jesus name.

Congratulations in advance. By Monday or Tuesday u will get your passport with visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Realgeo:

Congratulations in advance. By Monday or Tuesday u will get your passport with visa.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obiw24(f): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
readynow:
please have another question do anyone have any issue with laminated credentials all my certificate are laminated,name it all nysc,bsc,marriage cert,waec.i read in this forum that laminated copies are not acceptable

1. how do i go about getting the certify true copy
2.do i go through the school or through a notary public or lawyer to get a certified true copy
3.when applying would it be necessary to take a picture of the all laminated certificate for evident that it was laminated and present the certify copy along side or i should simply present the certify true copy only
4.what reason will i give for laminating

please if you have experience this i will like know how you went about it,or am i the only one with this experience

please help your comment will be appreciated

I'm not sure they have anything against laminated documents.
They only ask that you add copies of documents you'd like returned.
I submitted laminated copies of my doc but I never get visa yet so I'm not an authority on the matter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
joygirl2017:

Hahahahahaha my dear even me myself l I had to
un subscribe to most of my emails so I dont run to my phone anytime an email come in .lol
This people have put people through emotional stress and thinking .

You can't call to get good response , sending emails are the worst .

This is just the beginning,10 years to go grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2017
readynow:
please have another question do anyone have any issue with laminated credentials all my certificate are laminated,name it all nysc,bsc,marriage cert,waec.i read in this forum that laminated copies are not acceptable

1. how do i go about getting the certify true copy
2.do i go through the school or through a notary public or lawyer to get a certified true copy
3.when applying would it be necessary to take a picture of the all laminated certificate for evident that it was laminated and present the certify copy along side or i should simply present the certify true copy only
4.what reason will i give for laminating

please if you have experience this i will like know how you went about it,or am i the only one with this experience

please help your comment will be appreciated

Lamination is a big no no. In most instances the HO does not accept laminated documents because they equate lamination with defacement. This would principally apply to documents issued overseas as they cannot readily check the genuineness of these documents. If your degree certificate is from a UK university they are only a phone call away and lamination will not be an issue. I will advice that you try getting a new wedding certificate as that's the most important from your list. I also hear some shops can help unlaminate documents without ruining them, so maybe look into that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
erico2k2:

This is just the beginning,10 years to go grin

Pls is that comment a curse ?? 10years to go !!!!

Didnt see it as a joke if it was intended to be o
We should be careful with words thanks .
Happy weekend to everyone . wink cheesy kiss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
Realgeo:

Wooow ! Finally may application has started .

Wishing you sll the best . Congratulations in advance ,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
joygirl2017:

Pls is that comment a curse ?? 10years to go !!!!

Didnt see it as a joke if it was intended to be o
We should be careful with words thanks .
Happy weekend to everyone . wink cheesy kiss

YOu should have asked why I said 10 years to go, its not a joke,
If you are applying as the spouse of a settled person, you are given 2.5 years x 4 B4 indefinite leave to remain then wait on extra year to get nationalization then British passport.DO you now see why I said it might be 10 years
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
ifematreal:
Hello house! I learnt US embassy is now detecting fake Dubai passport control. My worry is that my passport is carrying one. I'll be applying UK visiting Visa in couple of weeks, does UK Embassy too confirm /detect fake passport controls? I'm asking this to avoid incidences of rejection.

Thanks
Y dont you save yourself the stress and Apply for a brand new passport
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
erico2k2:

If you are applying as the spouse of a settled person, you are given 2.5 years x 4 B4 indefinite leave to remain then wait on extra year to get nationalization then British passport.DO you now see why I said it might be 10 years

You could have just written that in full coolbut anything can happen to tomorrow uk are good at changing immigration laws
No wahala we good . Have a good weekend .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
teejay231:
Hi all.
There has been a statement of changes today to the immigration rules on settlement applications on the gov website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-hc290-20-july-2017
One of my smallys told me this as well, Damn.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
joygirl2017:

You could have just written that in full coolbut anything can happen to tomorrow uk are good at changing immigration laws
No wahala we good . Have a good weekend .
I wrote it on the assumption you already knew the Journey only just started. Yes the UK are good at changing laws, in my time it was just 6 months then you get your indefinite and the nationalize sharp sharp.If these guys change it then you are looking at 15 years or 20 years. Anyway, I pray all you new comers find favour in the sight of God cos the UK govt are not helping matters, have you read that statement of change coming up next month??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Rutharu:

Turkish Airlines,abeg brother use another airline just flew in on Wednesday,d food was horrible,misplaced my luggage and other passengers.anyway deliveres it late last night.Be optimistic,that's the spirit.
Even Turks at my work place do not use Turkish Airlines grin,as for me Lufthansa all day,direct to PHC.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 1:45am On Jul 29, 2017
Thank you guys so much for all your always helpful advice.

My mum has kindly agreed for us to use her 5 bed house to meet accommodation requirements. Please does anyone know what the letter should include? Anyone used a relative house to meet this requirement before? What documents do we have to submit?

teejay231:

You need to reapply. Pay slips must match with bank statements. Include as many pictures as possible as well as chat and/or call records over the time period of your relationship. Get a letter from your landlord stating spouse is allowed to live with you, including your tenancy agreement if possible and an accommodation report to state that there will be no overcrowding.

The hold on spousal applications has been due to backlog on applications not meeting the financial requirements. This was caused by the Supreme Court ruling in February this year. However, the Home Office made those changes on July 20, 2017 and will begin implementing on August 10, 2017. You can see https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-office-makes-changes-appendix-fm-minimum-income-rule-following-mm-case/ for more details. If your lawyer doesn't know this, then I do advise that you get yourself a new lawyer or do it yourself. There's a group on Facebook that's also great at helping in this process and afterwards.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 1:55am On Jul 29, 2017
Thank you @teejay231.

Anyone in this forum live in Manchester?

teejay231:

You need to reapply. Pay slips must match with bank statements. Include as many pictures as possible as well as chat and/or call records over the time period of your relationship. Get a letter from your landlord stating spouse is allowed to live with you, including your tenancy agreement if possible and an accommodation report to state that there will be no overcrowding.

The hold on spousal applications has been due to backlog on applications not meeting the financial requirements. This was caused by the Supreme Court ruling in February this year. However, the Home Office made those changes on July 20, 2017 and will begin implementing on August 10, 2017. You can see https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-office-makes-changes-appendix-fm-minimum-income-rule-following-mm-case/ for more details. If your lawyer doesn't know this, then I do advise that you get yourself a new lawyer or do it yourself. There's a group on Facebook that's also great at helping in this process and afterwards.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2017
tayeby78:
Thank you @teejay231.

Anyone in this forum live in Manchester?

PM tunderule2016

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2017
tayeby78:

My mum has kindly agreed for us to use her 5 bed house to meet accommodation requirements. Please does anyone know what the letter should include? Anyone used a relative house to meet this requirement before? What documents do we have to submit?

Do your have any financial connection or commitment to the said address?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
I give my mum £200 a month. Her letter could include this?

Lexusgs430:

Do your have any financial connection or commitment to the said address?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
erico2k2:

A spouse of a settled person gets 2.5 years x 2 (5 years route) before indefinite. 2.5years x 4 (10 years route) is for parents of a settled person or for spouses who do not meet the financial requirements but qualify under exceptional circumstances.

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
tayeby78:

A letter stating you are allowed to live there with your spouse. Also get the land registry document to prove the house belongs to your mum and possibly an inspection report to show there will be no overcrowding.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
tayeby78:
I give my mum £200 a month. Her letter could include this?

Do you have other bills to prove residential connections?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Goodday all, am new to this forum. Am in the process of applying for the settlement spousal visa. Am just waiting for my UK NARIC English competence report. Will I have to add my original B.Sc. Cert or the true certified copy by the High Court along with the proficiency letter and the UK NARIC letter?
I intend to apply in August once the Letter is out. Thanks as your advice will be appreciated.
Also, on my spouse/wife's employment letter the salary is stated as well as the HCA (Home care allowance) which addition makes well above the minimum financial requirements. Is it alright? And with the recent August 10 changes, I have well over 15k pounds in personal savings. Can someone help to clarify this? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2017
None that I can think of. Do you think that can pose as a risk?

Lexusgs430:

Do you have other bills to prove residential connections?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2017
tayeby78:

Council tax, voters register, utility bills, bank account/card statements anything that attaches you to the property other than my mother's house. If there is a search, anything to link you to the property?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2017
Hi folks,

Does a partner/spouse need an English Language proficiency test just to go and join a partner/spouse in the UK.

The Nigerian partner does not have higher education certificate.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2017
tayeby78:

How do you show some connection to the address?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2017
chrisj2:
Hi folks,

Does a partner/spouse need an English Language proficiency test just to go and join a partner/spouse in the UK.

The Nigerian partner does not have higher education certificate.

Thanks

YES
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2017
teejay231:

A spouse of a settled person gets 2.5 years x 2 (5 years route) before indefinite. 2.5years x 4 (10 years route) is for parents of a settled person or for spouses who do not meet the financial requirements but qualify under exceptional circumstances.
you are right,Im a bit rusty here, E don tay I visit this travel section, well done to you guys helping and reaching out there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zymanda: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Been self employed, what financial documents did he submit to meet the criteria?
Losing communication log is not a good sign. How much communication log did you submit?
And what new documentary proof do have with you for the paper hearing ?

NB: This appeal requires 200% more documentation proof, from what you initially submitted.......

Sorry for responding late as my network has been poor.
I don't know in details the documents he submitted but I know there were complete because he went through his accountant and even after the ECM review refusal he took the documents to a lawyer who confirmed his documents are complete but maybe they calculated it technically, been self employed he doesn't receive a fix amount, he can get less for a month and get double or more the next. We met 2015 Feb but due to change of phone I don't have WhatsApp record from 2015 until Jan 2017 when I entered naija. But we have Skype record from 2015-2016 Dec. Fortunately he was able to retrieve our WhatsApp chat from Jan 2016-2017. We don't have records of him giving me money while I was in France because I was working and didn't need it then but we have records from when I came into Nigeria as my upkeep as I have not been working. We sent them more pictures and more WhatsApp records from Jan till date.
Pls do u think we have any chance on the appeal? we choosed paper appeal because it doesn't take that much time. If we are to reapply it's the same financial document he will give. What are our options Plssssss.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phebesfab(f): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Hello guys smiley I got a mail from TLS on Friday , I'll be going to Ikeja on Monday to pick up my passport. Good luck to everyone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zymanda: 11:04am On Jul 30, 2017
tunderule2016:
This might sound stupid... but did you do a court marriage? The Uk have high regards for court marriages than church or other marriages. Appealing is the best option but the wait is very very very long... i will suggest you appeal then put in a fresh application and make sure you reference the appeal. Make sure everything they suggested you included them .. and make sure in the additional information box ; please write until you can not write no more..... People under estimate the power the additional information section carry ...

Do a complete check list here i explained how to arrange a document for ECO https://www.nairaland.com/3065395/how-prepare-documents-submission you can read on that and it will help you.

DO NOT FORGET .. THEY CAN HOLD DENY YOU FOR ANOTHER REASON SO PLEASE GET ALL DOCUMENTS NECESSARY.

Hello tunderule2016

We have not done church marriage as we are waiting for me to come over to do it there. Traditional wedding we did this year but we wedded in Denmark council hall with an apostille sramp which is recognized in Europe and the world. They didn't doubt the certificate or the fact it's not recognized but that the relationship is not genuine and also we didn't meet the financial requirements we did have far more than 18600. If we are to reapply it's the same financial documents we will give them

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:29am On Jul 30, 2017
zymanda:

Sorry for responding late as my network has been poor.
I don't know in details the documents he submitted but I know there were complete because he went through his accountant and even after the ECM review refusal he took the documents to a lawyer who confirmed his documents are complete but maybe they calculated it technically, been self employed he doesn't receive a fix amount, he can get less for a month and get double or more the next. We met 2015 Feb but due to change of phone I don't have WhatsApp record from 2015 until Jan 2017 when I entered naija. But we have Skype record from 2015-2016 Dec. Fortunately he was able to retrieve our WhatsApp chat from Jan 2016-2017. We don't have records of him giving me money while I was in France because I was working and didn't need it then but we have records from when I came into Nigeria as my upkeep as I have not been working. We sent them more pictures and more WhatsApp records from Jan till date.
Pls do u think we have any chance on the appeal? we choosed paper appeal because it doesn't take that much time. If we are to reapply it's the same financial document he will give. What are our options Plssssss.

We have seen applications that accountants and lawyers, have got totally wrong.....

My perception - Take a personal holistic view of all the documents you are submitting, in comparison with what you initially submitted.

If his application was based on self assessment/limited liability status, write a list of financial documentations/status that he submitted....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.