Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034888 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2019
Zeedivine:

Yes sir

So the council tenancy is in your name + parents name?...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TashaStPatrik: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2019
good morning everyone. Please i need advice from gurus here. I have gained admission to study in the UK for Post graduate and am hoping to go with my kids. i have 2 of them (1yr 10months and a 6months old currently). I need to apply for a dependant visa for them but i dont know how much is required to be in the bank account for each of them. My fees is 14k pounds and it is privately sponsored. I will like to know how much in total i will need to have as sufficient funds to submit for visa approval. My husband is a business man and his account is always busy. Can we also indicate our properties in the application, just incase we dont have much funds in the account right now?
PS: Hubby is not planning to go with us.
please help me!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Zeedivine: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

So the council tenancy is in your name + parents name?...

I’m authorised occupant
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
TashaStPatrik:
good morning everyone. Please i need advice from gurus here. I have gained admission to study in the UK for Post graduate and am hoping to go with my kids. i have 2 of them (1yr 10months and a 6months old currently). I need to apply for a dependant visa for them but i dont know how much is required to be in the bank account for each of them. My fees is 14k pounds and it is privately sponsored. I will like to know how much in total i will need to have as sufficient funds to submit for visa approval. My husband is a business man and his account is always busy. Can we also indicate our properties in the application, just incase we dont have much funds in the account right now?
PS: Hubby is not planning to go with us.
please help me!

https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
@justwise .. please confirm..

profemebee:
thanks for ur response..

i included the self-addressed envelope for the original docs to be returned..

i just forgot to photocopy my UK Naric statements oo...

Also.. the UK Naric is a statement not certificate.. i got 2 (Academic qualification level & English language proficiency) for each of my uni and masters degree..

is that cool pls?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Zeedivine:

I’m authorised occupant

I don't understand what this means........ So your parents are not authorised?.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Zeedivine: 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I don't understand what this means........ So your parents are not authorised?.....

There are
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2019
Zeedivine:

There are

You are either confusing me deliberately or I am not understanding your answers...........

Let me break it down.........

This council property in question, your parents applied for it, but your name was included on the application form?.......

Is this council property bought or still under council tenancy?.....

If it's still under council tenancy, you would need to get a letter from your council (not all council grants this request). But make an official request and include with application + submit tenancy agreement..........

If council property is bought, your parents can give you a letter. But submit rent entitlement details........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Zeedivine: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You are either confusing me deliberately or I am not understanding your answers...........

Let me break it down.........

This council property in question, your parents applied for it, but your name was included on the application form?.......

Is this council property bought or still under council tenancy?.....

If it's still under council tenancy, you would need to get a letter from your council (not all council grants this request). But make an official request and include with application + submit tenancy agreement..........

If council property is bought, your parents can give you a letter. But submit rent entitlement details........
Evening, let me make it clear
I live with my parents and they rent it the property from the council. My name is also included in the tenancy agreement as well. Hope this is clearer now thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Zeedivine:

Evening, let me make it clear
I live with my parents and they rent it the property from the council. My name is also included in the tenancy agreement as well. Hope this is clearer now thank you

Now much clearer........ You would be required to submit tenancy agreement + letter from housing officer + consent letter from your parents......

Did you say it's a 3 bedroom flat? Currently occupied, by parents, your brother & you?....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Zeedivine: 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Now much clearer........ You would be required to submit tenancy agreement + letter from housing officer + consent letter from your parents......

Did you say it's a 3 bedroom flat? Currently occupied, by parents, your brother & you?....

Yes that’s correct and thank you the for advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:09am On Jun 18, 2019
Zeedivine:

Yes that’s correct and thank you the for advice

To be on the safe side, it might be a worthwhile investment, to conduct a property inspection report........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ysakaws1: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please how true is this: I was told one cannot marry in the UK when your UK visa has expired. Which means no illegal immigrant in the UK can later get married to a UK citizen in UK or what??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Univas01: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2019
One thing you have to understand is that you will need to make notice of marriage at the council prior to wedding date and at that point, your legal status document would be required.

So you can’t obviously register if council did not see your paperwork. BTW, you should make it clear if you’re getting married to UK or European citizen.

Ysakaws1:
Please how true is this: I was told one cannot marry in the UK when your UK visa has expired. Which means no illegal immigrant in the UK can later get married to a UK citizen in UK or what??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dear House, Lexusgs430, justwise and other great people here, thanks so much for this enlightening thread without which many of us would have been utterly confused and lost in this application process.

I have been a follower for some time now and have read extensively most of the post from 2015 till date. I am about to put in my application for the spouse visa but I still have one aspect of confusion in terms of meeting the accommodation requirement.

My wife currently stays with her mum in a 3 bedroom house plus a living room and no other person stays with them. Her mother got the house on mortgage and will be sending me the property deed and a letter of consent stating she will allow us stay in the house. My wife currently pays no rent and her mother has graciously accepted that we stay in the house for 2 years after I arrive. In fact her mother is moving out of the house next week as she got a job somewhere else in UK that provides her accommodation which means that by the time I arrive it will be just my wife and I that occupy the house. Her mother intends to state in the letter of consent that:

1. She stays with her daughter in the house and does not require a rent from her daughter
2. She will avail her daughter and I the house for a period of two years and will collect no rent whatsoever.

Is this acceptable?

My confusion stems from the fact that I saw a place where Lexusgs430 stated that the applicant should provide "Rent entitlement details" from the parent of an applicant who rents a council flat.

First off- what is Rent entitlement details?
Second off- Does this mean my spouse is obligated to pay her mum rent before we can meet the accommodation requirement?

NB: A property inspection report will be provided as hammered on severally by Lexusgs430.

Lexusgs430, my queries are mainly directed to you and will be grateful for your response. However, anyone who has been in my shoes or who has experience in this area of my confusion should kindly contribute so that I don't make a costly mistake.

Counting on your responses Family.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fridpalor: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi Profemebee,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Have you gotten this mail?
Yes, I got exactly the same email you received.

Have you gotten any acknowledgement on ur docs sent to Sheffield?
No, I haven't received any acknowledgement from Sheffield

What date did u send ur docs to Sheffield?
May 20, 2019

Presently just positively waiting smiley

profemebee:
Hi fridpalor,

I remember you had ur biometrics on the 15th of May, 2019.. i had mine on the 20th of May, 2019.,, i guess you will be my destiny tracker for this settlement visa..

I sent my docs to Sheffield on the 30th of May, 2019 and it got signed and received at Sheffied via Royal Mail on the 31st of May, 2019.

The only mail i have gotten after sending in docs was on the 6th of June, 2019 which stated something like this:

Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Applicants from TLS locations may still send their supporting documents to the following address until further notice (they should include a suitably sized self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage for return of the documents):

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
[i][/i]

Thanks for anticipated responses.

@ALL... please u can add ur comments oooo..

thanks ..

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Flexvilla:
Dear House, Lexusgs430, justwise and other great people here, thanks so much for this enlightening thread without which many of us would have been utterly confused and lost in this application process.

I have been a follower for some time now and have read extensively most of the post from 2015 till date. I am about to put in my application for the spouse visa but I still have one aspect of confusion in terms of meeting the accommodation requirement.

My wife currently stays with her mum in a 3 bedroom house plus a living room and no other person stays with them. Her mother got the house on mortgage and will be sending me the property deed and a letter of consent stating she will allow us stay in the house. My wife currently pays no rent and her mother has graciously accepted that we stay in the house for 2 years after I arrive. In fact her mother is moving out of the house next week as she got a job somewhere else in UK that provides her accommodation which means that by the time I arrive it will be just my wife and I that occupy the house. Her mother intends to state in the letter of consent that:

1. She stays with her daughter in the house and does not require a rent from her daughter
2. She will avail her daughter and I the house for a period of two years and will collect no rent whatsoever.

Is this acceptable?

My confusion stems from the fact that I saw a place where Lexusgs430 stated that the applicant should provide "Rent entitlement details" from the parent of an applicant who rents a council flat.

First off- what is Rent entitlement details?
Second off- Does this mean my spouse is obligated to pay her mum rent before we can meet the accommodation requirement?

NB: A property inspection report will be provided as hammered on severally by Lexusgs430.

Lexusgs430, my queries are mainly directed to you and will be grateful for your response. However, anyone who has been in my shoes or who has experience in this area of my confusion should kindly contribute so that I don't make a costly mistake.

Counting on your responses Family.

Thanks.

In this case, a property inspection report is not required.

A letter of consent from her mother + mortgage deed, in this case should be adequate. But would be helpful if mother provides extra details of external accommodation (reason for this is, the UK would not want her tossing you guys out).....

Rent details or entitlement, simply shows commitment and stability (accommodation - wise).......

NB: I am not saying this is possible, but if she swaps jobs and does not like it and wants to return to her property, would your presence not become an inconvenience?.... This is the way this applications are evaluated.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks for the response @fridpalor..

Did u send the docs to S3 8WA as seen in the email OR S3 8NU as advised by TLS during biometrics?

Sometimes this lack of consistency can be annoying..

Its the same P.O. Box though.... PO Box 3468..

fridpalor:
Hi Profemebee,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, I got exactly the same email you received.

No, I haven't received any acknowledgement from Sheffield

May 20, 2019

Presently just positively waiting smiley

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

In this case, a property inspection report is not required.

A letter of consent from her mother + mortgage deed, in this case should be adequate. But would be helpful if mother provides extra details of external accommodation (reason for this is, the UK would not want her tossing you guys out).....

Rent details or entitlement, simply shows commitment and stability (accommodation - wise).......

NB: I am not saying this is possible, but if she swaps jobs and does not like it and wants to return to her property, would your presence not become an inconvenience?.... This is the way this applications are evaluated.........

Thanks so much Lexusgs430 baba. God bless you. I will keep the house updated of my progress.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:34am On Jun 23, 2019
Flexvilla:

Thanks so much Lexusgs430 baba. God bless you. I will keep the house updated of my progress.

Just ensure you tick all you i's & cross your t's........ Not forgetting the ' 28 day rule'.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by reemix123(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Yes, you send documents to your sponsor, for onward submission.....

SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS

Hello someone please help me clarify about Spouse visa documents if you have been though the process or know the process

1. When the partner in Nigeria visits the centre for appointment should they take original or copies of supporting documents ?
2. Can supporting documents be submitted online instead of at the centre ?
3. Who should post the original documents to Sheffield will it be sent in UK by the partner in UK OR sent in Nigeria by the partner in Nigeria or sent by the centre in Nigeria

Thanks for your assistance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
reemix123:

SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS

Hello someone please help me clarify about Spouse visa documents if you have been though the process or know the process

1. When the partner in Nigeria visits the centre for appointment should they take original or copies of supporting documents ?
2. Can supporting documents be submitted online instead of at the centre ?
3. Who should post the original documents to Sheffield will it be sent in UK by the partner in UK OR sent in Nigeria by the partner in Nigeria or sent by the centre in Nigeria

Thanks for your assistance

1 - Supporting documents gets posted to Sheffield (all you require in lagos is your passport, copy of sponsors biodata pp page and proof of payment)

2 - You cannot submit documents online

3 - Does not matter who sends it, applicant or sponsor...... So long as it reaches Sheffield.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by reemix123(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:

1 - Supporting documents gets posted to Sheffield (all you require in lagos is your passport, copy of sponsors biodata pp page and proof of payment)

2 - You cannot submit documents online

3 - Does not matter who sends it, applicant or sponsor...... So long as it reaches Sheffield.........

Thanks for your response

1. Does that mean TB certificate is not required in Nigeria.
2. That all original documents including wedding certificate should be sent to Sponsor in UK for submission
3. At appointment the only document they will ask for to submit is passport, sponsor bio page and proof of payment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ysakaws1: 1:57am On Jun 24, 2019
Univas01:
One thing you have to understand is that you will need to make notice of marriage at the council prior to wedding date and at that point, your legal status document would be required.

So you can’t obviously register if council did not see your paperwork. BTW, you should make it clear if you’re getting married to UK or European citizen.

This is the same thing I was told, but I argued with the person. I actually argued because I used to know someone who got a UK 6months visiting visa, travelled to UK, and never came back to Nigeria. He overstayed in UK, but eventually got married to a UK citizen. That was the way he did it to stay legally in the UK. So my question is how do some illegal immigrants in the UK end up becoming citizens?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:10am On Jun 24, 2019
Ysakaws1:

This is the same thing I was told, but I argued with the person. I actually argued because I used to know someone who got a UK 6months visiting visa, travelled to UK, and never came back to Nigeria. He overstayed in UK, but eventually got married to a UK citizen. That was the way he did it to stay legally in the UK. So my question is how do some illegal immigrants in the UK end up becoming citizens?

One thing you forgot to mention is, what year did this incident happen?...?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Folashine: 5:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Good morning house,
When filling online tuberculosis test form and the test which I wanted to do is meant for UK spouse visa. I made mistake where they wrote “type of visa”, I mistakenly selected students without scholarship, instead of settlement and dependent. Pls, can anyone tell me how I can make the correction?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Univas01: 6:10am On Jun 24, 2019
Very good question (thumps up)

One more thing, there are different routes for an overstayer to becoming a UK citizen, not necessarily by marriage.

Lexusgs430:

One thing you forgot to mention is, what year did this incident happen?...?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Univas01: 6:15am On Jun 24, 2019
Well, you might just want to send an email to the centre and explain yourself, hopefully you will get a fair response

Folashine:
Good morning house,
When filling online tuberculosis test form and the test which I wanted to do is meant for UK spouse visa. I made mistake where they wrote “type of visa”, I mistakenly selected students without scholarship, instead of settlement and dependent. Pls, can anyone tell me how I can make the correction?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2019
Univas01:
Very good question (thumps up)

One more thing, there are different routes for an overstayer to becoming a UK citizen, not necessarily by marriage.

You did not answer the question o......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 9:03am On Jun 24, 2019
]Good morning house,

You can book your ielts here https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/locations/nigeria
And I don't think you need a B1 for spouse visa its suppose to b A1(life skill test)
2ndly abt ur mistake from the mail u sent to IMO for tuberculosis test it wnt count , don't b too hard on your self . All you r doing is just booking to get a spot... When you get der u verbally tell them they put you true. You get same certificate for school and spouse visa... It's duration is 6months... BLESS
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2019
YES to all your questions but in addition, you go with the online documents check list form

Thanks for your response

1. Does that mean TB certificate is not required in Nigeria.
2. That all original documents including wedding certificate should be sent to Sponsor in UK for submission
3. At appointment the only document they will ask for to submit is passport, sponsor bio page and proof of payment[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Flexvilla: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Just ensure you tick all you i's & cross your t's........ Not forgetting the ' 28 day rule'.........

Sir Lexusgs430, I hail. Thanks once again. If I understand correctly, the 28 day rule kicks in from the day my spouse receives her last salary? and all documents plus application process must be complete before 28 days elapse?

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.