Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037598 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:54am On Jul 12, 2019
Pakinsluv:
Good day all.

Please I have a question. After getting your 30days visa and arriving UK, will you just go to the post office as indicated and pick your TRP or do you have to do something else? Does it take long to get it?

Also after getting the TRP, what next?

Thanks

Why are you getting a 30 days visa?..... You get issued a 2.5 years visa + BRP should be picked up @ your local post office within 10 days of arrival (or else it gets returned).........

With your BRP @ hand..... No be work you wan do..... Start looking and enjoying ur Madam's soup......... tongue
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Its been awhile you have forgotten the process...lol

Yes, you get a 30-days visa to during which period you have to travel to the UK and collect you 2.5 years BRP...And you are right, the applicant must collect the BRP from the post office within 10-days of entering the UK.

Well, that's the process I remember unless it changed recently.

Hello House, hope everyone's doing ok?

Lexusgs430:

Why are you getting a 30 days visa?..... You get issued a 2.5 years visa + BRP should be picked up @ your local post office within 10 days of arrival (or else it gets returned).........

With your BRP @ hand..... No be work you wan do..... Start looking and enjoying ur Madam's soup......... tongue
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrysbees: 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please I need advice or clarification on the following from anyone that has been in this situation.

In the supporting documents we submitted to Sheffield over 3 weeks ago, we have just realised that the name on our Whatsapp chat logs which was exported by my wife had one of her name as can be seen on her official documents but my name as a pet name for example shortened the name from "Obinna" to "Obim" as saved on her contact.

Both of us has also used our pet names on birthday and anniversary cards that we exchanged. Please would this have an impact in the decision making as we forgot to clarify this in our support letter?

Thanks in advance as I await your responses.
@Lexusgs430, @justwise and others please assist me with this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
chrysbees:
Hi everyone,

Please I need advice or clarification on the following from anyone that has been in this situation.

In the supporting documents we submitted to Sheffield over 3 weeks ago, I have just realised that the name on our Whatsapp chat logs which was exported by my wife had one of her name as can be seen on her official documents but my name as a pet name for example shortened the name from "Obinna" to "Obim" as saved on her contact.

Both of us has also used our pet names on birthday and anniversary cards that we exchanged. Please would this have an impact in the decision making as we forgot to clarify this in our support letter?

Should not be a major issue........... If other aspects of your documentations are perfect....... Nothing to worry about...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2019
i have this exact issue..

i still checked my photocopies of what i submitted in May..

dont want to worry over it... the only thing is that the nickname is also the email address i even used to register for UKGov... so i guess they will notice..

did u submit screenshots too?

@Lexus thanks for confirming

chrysbees:
Hi everyone,

In the supporting documents we submitted to Sheffield over 3 weeks ago, I have just realised that the name on our Whatsapp chat logs which was exported by my wife had one of her name as can be seen on her official documents but my name as a pet name for example shortened the name from "Obinna" to "Obim" as saved on her contact.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kimmie01: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone, please I need advise on spouse visa my court wedding is coming up August and we intend to apply latest by September.

1, I have been denied uk visa several times.
2. I and my partner started dating last year and we are getting married August like i said earlier and he was the one that invited me last time i was rejected.
3. My spouse has all the necessary documents
4. We don’t have enough chats history as I deleted messages and he has changed phones too we only just started keeping some now
5. He comes to Nigeria once every year
6. We travelled together in June we have pictures from that
7. I have Bsc in accounting from a Nigeria university do I still need to do the IELTS
Would like to know if the few chat history is ok for us and the pictures we have together

I have been going through the thread it has really been helpful but i don’t mind more advice because I have been refused before. Thanks in advance @lexusgs439 and @justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kimmie01:
Hi everyone, please I need advise on spouse visa my court wedding is coming up August and we intend to apply latest by September.

2. I and my partner started dating last year and we are getting married August like i said earlier and he was the one that invited me last time i was rejected.
4. We don’t have enough chats history as I deleted messages and he has changed phones too we only just started keeping some now
7. I have Bsc in accounting from a Nigeria university do I still need to do the IELTS
Would like to know if the few chat history is ok for us and the pictures we have together

I have been going through the thread it has really been helpful but i don’t mind more advice because I have been refused before. Thanks in advance @lexusgs439 and @justwise

1- for this you have to package your application very well to enable them know your relationship is genuine and not another way to migrate
2- you state that in your cover letter,
3- good, he has to earn up to £18600 annually to b able to put in for u
4- state what you said here in your cover letter
5- his coming every year has nottyn to do with your application, only his entry stamps when you guys stated dating is what you need for the application bcs the others does not have tiles to you
6- good,very important
7- their is a way dey do this, nuric or so. the gurus will help you here, I have no idea... I have a degree in GEOLOGY BUT went for IELTS and the exams is quite cheap.
For the few chat history, I really can't say but u can state u changed phone like u said,In your cover letter. But try and be chatting often from now till you put in your application, so it will come out in a sizeable amount... All the best and happy marriage life in advance . CHEERS!!!
My little kobo let the elders help out were I got it wrong . Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2019

I posted wrongly , can't find the DELETE botton
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kimmie01:

1, I have been denied uk visa several times. - Let this be known when filling the form in the space provided for this. PLEASE BE VERY HONEST WITH THEM ABOUT THIS
2. I and my partner started dating last year and we are getting married August like i said earlier and he was the one that invited me last time i was rejected. - I dont think this should be an issue as the length of relationship is not considered ALONE but with other factors to determine how genuine a relationship is.
3. My spouse has all the necessary documents - This is okay.. Just make sure you tick all and ensure all the NECESSARY documents are submitted
4. We don’t have enough chats history as I deleted messages and he has changed phones too we only just started keeping some now - Try to check other means of communications like facebook, twitter, skype etc. else make do with the one you've got and you can let them know this in the additional info space provided in the form.
5. He comes to Nigeria once every year - try to provide his boarding passes and pictures of time spend together in nigeria
7. I have Bsc in accounting from a Nigeria university do I still need to do the IELTS - Not compulsory but advisable you go through the NARIC route instead.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by spiceymma: 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
Please am still waiting for any response on this. Has anybody been in this type of situation or have any idea on how long this should take.

Gracias.

spiceymma:
I got a letter from the UK Border Agency requesting for a bank account to refund the appeal money we paid since acc to them the initial card used in making payment is inactive. The appeal was allowed and the Home Office was asked to make a few award to us I want to ask has anyone been in dis situation and how long before you are asked to submit the passport for visa.

Have a nice day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrysbees: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Should not be a major issue........... If other aspects of your documentations are perfect....... Nothing to worry about...........

Thank you for your prompt response @Lexusgs430.
It's good to know that it's not a major issue.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
chrysbees:
Thank you for your prompt response @Lexusgs430.
It's good to know that it's not a major issue.

Ensure other aspects are on point.... Not forgetting the '28 day rule'.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrysbees: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
profemebee:
i have this exact issue..

i still checked my photocopies of what i submitted in May..

dont want to worry over it... the only thing is that the nickname is also the email address i even used to register for UKGov... so i guess they will notice..

did u submit screenshots too?

@Lexus thanks for confirming

@profemebee, the screenshots I added to the supporting documents that we submitted was from our Whatsapp voice/ video calls and
normal phone calls. I didn't screenshot the whatsapp chats as the voluminous exported chat log served us well.

You mentioned submitting in May, was it standard or priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
spiceymma:
I got a letter from the UK Border Agency requesting for a bank account to refund the appeal money we paid since acc to them the initial card used in making payment is inactive. The appeal was allowed and the Home Office was asked to make a few award to us I want to ask has anyone been in dis situation and how long before you are asked to submit the passport for visa.

Have a nice day.

There is nothing unusual about this, just submit your bank details for the refund, you could be asked to submit passport anytime even you get the refund
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Pakinsluv:
Good day all.

Please I have a question. After getting your 30days visa and arriving UK, will you just go to the post office as indicated and pick your TRP or do you have to do something else? Does it take long to get it?

Also after getting the TRP, what next?

Thanks

You need to travel to the UK before 30days and when you get to the UK you can go the post office the next day to collect the biometric visa card

You will see instruction on that letter that came with your package.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrysbees: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Ensure other aspects are on point.... Not forgetting the '28 day rule'.....

Yeah, we triple checked our documents several days and was within the 28 days rule.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sarahska(f): 4:53am On Jul 17, 2019
[you don't need ielts, don't waste your money, just put your Uni. Cert as your evidence of English language. Get more pictures if you don't have enough chat history. ]Hi everyone, please I need advise on spouse visa my court wedding is coming up August and we intend to apply latest by September.

I posted wrongly , can't find the DELETE botton[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sarahska(f): 4:58am On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=MamaEEE post=80326847]Hi everyone, please I need advise on spouse visa my court wedding is coming up August and we intend to apply latest by September.

I posted wrongly , can't find the DELETE botton[] you don't need ielts, don't waste your money, just put your Uni. Cert as your evidence of English language. Get more pictures if you don't have enough chat history
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2019
hi hi...

it was standard.. May 20 2019 was the biometric date so i'm on 42 working days, excluding weekends & public holidays.

wish us the very best..

still working to keep busy....

chrysbees:

@profemebee, the screenshots I added to the supporting documents that we submitted was from our Whatsapp voice/ video calls and
normal phone calls. I didn't screenshot the whatsapp chats as the voluminous exported chat log served us well.

You mentioned submitting in May, was it standard or priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sarahska(f): 8:47am On Jul 17, 2019
MamaEEE:

I posted wrongly , can't find the DELETE botton

You don't need ielts, don't waste your money. Just add your Uni cert. Remember to write why you were denied, like in complete documentation bla bla bla. Try and get more pictures.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrysbees: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2019
sarahska:

You don't need ielts, don't waste your money. Just add your Uni cert. Remember to write why you were denied, like in complete documentation bla bla bla. Try and get more pictures.

@sarahska,
I noticed that you got your visa in Sept 2015 and it's almost 4 years now.

When you advice that one shouldn't waste money on getting IELTS, is this information based on your 2015 experience or current UKVI English language requirements which is IELTS or UK-NARIC for certificates coming from outside the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sarahska(f): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
chrysbees:

@sarahska,
I noticed that you got your visa in Sept 2015 and it's almost 4 years now.

When you advice that one shouldn't waste money on getting IELTS, is this information based on your 2015 experience or current UKVI English language requirements which is IELTS or UK-NARIC for certificates coming from outside the UK?

I wrote ielts because I went to a Polytechnic, but still use the 2014 ielts I wrote for my ilr last year. My sister in law sent her uni cert.to Naric and got certification back same 2015, so she didn't write ielts. Though if you feel the Naric will be stressful, you can write the ielts. Just like you said, that was 2015 experience.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MamaEEE: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2019
sarahska:

Plz IELTS OR UK-NARIC is needed... Just putting your uni certificate wnt work, na straight refusal line b that... I met a lady during my IELTS exams who got refused bcs she wnt with the idea of uni certificate to cover for English language requirement...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2019
i was going to type this......

Please get ur certificate covered with ur IELTS or UK Naric certificate/letter..

Also make sure you use the right test for IELTS as this thread has shown the wrong test can lead to refusal too...

Any stories from applications done February - May 2019?

I heard summer is a busy period for them ECOs... lets stay positive ..

MamaEEE:

Plz IELTS OR UK-NARIC is needed... Just putting your uni certificate wnt work, na straight refusal line b that... I met a lady during my IELTS exams who got refused bcs she wnt with the idea of uni certificate to cover for English language requirement...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2019
hi Justwise,

I have seen cases where the applicant included the oirignal passports of their sponsors (the British passport) with their supporting documents..

Is this ideal?

Also is the applicant supposed to include his previous passports in the supporting docs?

justwise:

You need to travel to the UK before 30days and when you get to the UK you can go the post office the next day to collect the biometric visa card

You will see instruction on that letter that came with your package.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
profemebee:
hi Justwise,

I have seen cases where the applicant included the oirignal passports of their sponsors (the British passport) with their supporting documents..

Is this ideal?

Also is the applicant supposed to include his previous passports in the supporting docs?

What about if the sponsor needs to travel urgently, how would that journey happen?....... cheesy

And why would the applicant submit expired passports?..... wink

Rather than submit the aforementioned irrelevant documents, best to concentrate on submitting the right documents and ensure documents are in date.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
lol

i'm just tired...thanks for the response

Lexusgs430:

What about if the sponsor needs to travel urgently, how would that journey happen?....... cheesy

And why would the applicant submit expired passports?..... wink

Rather than submit the aforementioned irrelevant documents, best to concentrate on submitting the right documents and ensure documents are in date.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
profemebee:
lol

i'm just tired...thanks for the response

Submit biometric data page of the sponsor...... That's all that is required from the passport.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
profemebee:
hi Justwise,

Is this ideal?

There is no need including the sponsor’s passport , a photo copy of the front cover and data page will do, the same with any old passport you have used to travel or apply for visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by profemebee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
yeaaa,... especially all the visa stamps used to travel across each passport

thanks..

justwise:

There is no need including the sponsor’s passport , a photo copy of the front cover and data page will do, the same with any old passport you have used to travel or apply for visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
profemebee:
yeaaa,... especially all the visa stamps used to travel across each passport

thanks..

You are applying for spousal visa and not visiting visa..........
So travel history proof of applicant not required..... Simply state on application form.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kaysus: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Greetings all,
Been a silent follower for the last 4/5 months grin and I have to say the information I gathered on here was immense. Thanks to @lexusgs430, justwise and co. God bless U all. Here's my time line for anyone interested..
Application submitted: 14th May, 2019 @tls Ikeja
Priority/non-priority: Priority
Biometrics: 6th June, 2019
Email stating " application transferred to UKVI: 6th June, 2019
Email stating "application currently being prepared for consideration": 19th June, 2019
Email stating "application assessed": 16th July, 2019
Email stating "passport ready for collection": 16th July, 2019
Passport collected with visa: 17th July, 2019
(Vignette: 18 July - 17 August)

Altogether 29 working days from biometrics despite my initial fears about few minor errors. What a journey it's been!

Goodluck to everyone still expecting good news.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.