Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037686 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Reelee:

Hello Fam, still on this issue.

We have received the NARIC certificate and we want to continue with the processing.

Just checked the site now and it says a TB test is required.

My questions are: Do we do the TB test and obtain the result before concluding the online application, or we can continue the online application and make payment before we run the TB test? Are the documents meant to be uploaded online or submitted at the Visa office?

Thanks

The TB test last for just six months. So if you are sure you will apply before then, I will advice you to quickly apply for the TB test. Meanwhile getting dates is difficult in Lagos, u will not even get a closer date. My advice, get the Lagos number that is responding, as soon as it is 8am, start calling then that you need an urgent appointment, the customer service guy will tell you to send email and attached all supporting documents and your passport, keep disturbing them until they send an appointment for you.

Get the TBS bf the online application to avoid the 28days rules.

You can submit the documents online by your self or TLS will upload for you, but u will pay them. I will advice you take your time and submit it by your self on line, u choose the one you want to upload and you are more comfortable at home doing it than the TLs. It is very easy uploading by your self.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aduke007: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
Good afternoon! Pls am finding it Difficult to pay for my ielts A1 exam. I can’t pay through the online and transfer. Pls can anyone put me through pls. Have call the British Council office. No one is picking...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Reelee: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2021
monchat:

The TB test last for just six months. So if you are sure you will apply before then, I will advice you to quickly apply for the TB test. Meanwhile getting dates is difficult in Lagos, u will not even get a closer date. My advice, get the Lagos number that is responding, as soon as it is 8am, start calling then that you need an urgent appointment, the customer service guy will tell you to send email and attached all supporting documents and your passport, keep disturbing them until they send an appointment for you.

Get the TBS bf the online application to avoid the 28days rules.

You can submit the documents online by your self or TLS will upload for you, but u will pay them. I will advice you take your time and submit it by your self on line, u choose the one you want to upload and you are more comfortable at home doing it than the TLs. It is very easy uploading by your self.

Thanks a lot for your response. Will start calling the IOM guys for the TB test tomorrow

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deedee7: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
Aduke007:
Good afternoon! Pls am finding it Difficult to pay for my ielts A1 exam. I can’t pay through the online and transfer. Pls can anyone put me through pls. Have call the British Council office. No one is picking...

This is also another body conducting same exam. Check the link below
https://ielts.ng/ielts-for-ukvi/ielts-life-skills/

But why not try NARIC instead.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Here has been quiet!! Any Update?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 3:23am On Aug 18, 2021
Adewumi2888:
Here has been quiet!! Any Update?

Absolutely quiet!!!!

No update yet.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Reelee: 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hello Fam,

TB test done.

Trying to finish up the application and it is requesting for IHS fee asides the Visa application fee. The IHS fee is even more than the Visa Application fee. Is this normal? or is there something I didnt put in right in the application?

If you have experienced this, pls help advise.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2021
Reelee:
Hello Fam,

TB test done.

Trying to finish up the application and it is requesting for IHS fee asides the Visa application fee. The IHS fee is even more than the Visa Application fee. Is this normal? or is there something I didnt put in right in the application?

Thanks

You have to pay your IHS fees first before you can proceed to pay your visa application fee. Yes it is more than Visa Application fee and it is a prerequisite for VISA fee
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Reelee: 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Adewumi2888:

You have to pay your IHS fees first before you can proceed to pay your visa application fee. Yes it is more than Visa Application fee and it is a prerequisite for VISA fee

Ok, got it. Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kindmanship: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Googledrive12:
Gurus in the house how do I go about this spouse Visa requirement of house evaluation report* (am not even sure of what it's called) I mean how do I get the officer that will come to the north London home to evalute the property , please anyone with an idea of what to do should help me out . Thanks

Have you eventually done the inspection report? Do you live in a shared accommodation or by yourself?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kindmanship: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2021
Reelee:
Hello Fam,

TB test done.

Thanks

That's correct because IHS has increased last year Oct and it is now £624 x 3 = £1872 which is more than the application fee itself.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kayla2021: 4:09am On Aug 24, 2021
desiolowo:

I applied in September and received the decision end of November. called them in December to chase the IHS refund and was told about the 90 days. I'll say email them. They charged me over £10 for the call and the summary was to send an email. so, it was pointless.

@justwise, please kindly assist,I linked my dependants applications to mine and paid for IHS for my dependants first,however,mine had issues and the application was cancelled. I was advised to apply afresh and ask for refund for my dependants. What email would I use,meanwhile I have not paid for visa application for them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:02am On Aug 24, 2021
Kayla2021:

@justwise, please kindly assist,I linked my dependants applications to mine and paid for IHS for my dependants first,however,mine had issues and the application was cancelled. I was advised to apply afresh and ask for refund for my dependants. What email would I use,meanwhile I have not paid for visa application for them.

What do you need the email for?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by coolMeenah: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2021
Good day house, Between lagos and Abuja, which state is considered very easy to file in a visa Application application from.

And for the TB test too...which state is easier and faster

Thanks �
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2021
for your sanity, you better consider Abuja

coolMeenah:
Good day house, Between lagos and Abuja, which state is considered very easy to file in a visa Application application from.

And for the TB test too...which state is easier and faster

Thanks �

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kindmanship: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kayla2021:

What are you applying for?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bolagabriella: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello house. I've been trying to get the page where i can get the step-by-step process and documents for spousal visa but it's been difficult. My hubby just got a MSc. student visa. I need the list of documents i need to prepare for dependent visa application. I only know of marriage certificate and POF.
Thanks.
I would appreciate a link to a page where i can get the step-by-step application process.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
bolagabriella:
Hello house. I've been trying to get the page where i can get the step-by-step process and documents for spousal visa but it's been difficult. My hubby just got a MSc. student visa. I need the list of documents i need to prepare for dependent visa application. I only know of marriage certificate and POF.
Thanks.
I would appreciate a link to a page where i can get the step-by-step application process.

Jo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2021
bolagabriella:
Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Akins2021: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hello house. My fiance and I will be getting married next next week in naija. She is a uk citizen and we plan to apply for this spousal during her 1month stay with me in naija(after weddng). Some people say it is better to apply from uk. Since it is an online application i feel she can open laptop and apply here. Using her profile.

So can someone clarify this “apply from uk” thing. Abi do they check IP address?

I av a degree, also want to know if IELTS is enough. I av academic and general IELTS with TB test. Do i still need NARIC certificate?

If we apply in September when is the average to get a reply?

Thank
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Akins2021:
Hello house. My fiance and I will be getting married next next week in naija. She is a uk citizen and we plan to apply for this spousal during her 1month stay with me in naija(after weddng). Some people say it is better to apply from uk. Since it is an online application i feel she can open laptop and apply here. Using her profile.

So can someone clarify this “apply from uk” thing. Abi do they check IP address?

I av a degree, also want to know if IELTS is enough. I av academic and general IELTS with TB test. Do i still need NARIC certificate?

Thank

It doesn’t matter you can apply from Nigeria or the UK.

IELTS is enough but make sure you are writing the one specifically for spouse visa. Search online or read this thread regarding the appropriate one.

Standard spouse visa takes 12wks

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Akins2021: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2021
justwise:

Thank you so much. @justwise

It doesn’t matter you can apply from Nigeria or the UK.

IELTS is enough but make sure you are writing the one specifically for spouse visa. Search online or read this thread regarding the appropriate one.

Standard spouse visa takes 12wks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
Akins2021:

Thank
The visa application is done online and all supporting documents are uploaded online too. U only need to be in Nigeria for your biometric.

The both of you can have access to the application password, either the applicant or the sponsor fill the application, then book appointment in either Ikeja or VI.

The IELTS is good . I will advice you to do the B1 because it carries you to ILR. The test is very easy to pass, just speaking, reading and listening and making conversation. Pls don't do A1 IELTS because it expires after 2years. Make sure you choose the right IELTS. It is general for immigration purpose. And check if the one you did is still valid.

The TBS expires after six months. Make sure is the destinate clinic for UK. If it is not, they will reject y application.

The average time is 12week, 60working days. But some still gets theirs earlier than that or more than that, depending on the process and how straight your application is. If you don't want to wait that long, U can go for priority if it is available

All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
Good day Famz!!
It's like Student visa application is making the Spousal visa decision to take longer than before.
Guru in the house, is it always like this in august, September and October ??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stefanimay: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adewumi2888:
Good day Famz!!
It's like Student visa application is making the Spousal visa decision to take longer than before.

When did you apply?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Googledrive12: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2021
Adewumi2888:
Good day Famz!!

I am here thinking I am the only one who has waited for a month since my Biometrics, no mails, no any info , I know it takes 12 weeks max but with what I read on this group some persons got decision few days after a month from the day of their biometrics , so I am thinking , what's happening sef. Well we wait in hope that it's on the way. And it is going to be a positive decision. Peace.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2021
Googledrive12:

I am here thinking I am the only one who has waited for a month since my Biometrics, no mails, no any info , I know it takes 12 weeks max but with what I read on this group some persons got decision few days after a month from the day of their biometrics , so I am thinking , what's happening sef. Well we wait in hope that it's on the way. And it is going to be a positive decision. Peace.

I am in exact position too. I did my biometrics Over a month ago and I was thinking, it should be out one month and few days judging from previous posts. Guess we have to Keep waiting. tiring I will say
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stefanimay: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2021
Googledrive12:

Lol,in same position too. I was hoping to be among the few that got theirs in a month but I'm tired at this point. I just have to wait till its time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adewumi2888(m): 8:26am On Sep 13, 2021
stefanimay:

Lol,in same position too. I was hoping to be among the few that got theirs in a month but I'm tired at this point. I just have to wait till its time.

That makes it three of Us. finger crossed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Googledrive12: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2021
Adewumi2888:

Let's stay positive and believe that there will be a response this week by God's grace. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
The waiting is killing me softly angry cry cry cry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by monchat(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Adewumi2888:

Amen o! waitng is killing me softly. cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.