Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,171 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

"What Should My Daughter Call Him?" - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" (10189 Views)

Aigbe:I Started Talking More With My Daughter The Day She Spoke About ‘Mouth Action' / Me, My Daughter And My Son-inlaw. How It All Began. / "My Boyfriend Impregnanted My Daughter" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Ivynwa(f): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Chei! I don't have a daughter. I'm not married. This is purely hypothetical. I'm only writing in first person pronouns to make the thread more interesting.

I'm still looking for a name though.

You sure like controversy! Drama Queen------Oh Okay, have fun if this is your idea of fun!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Goldieluks: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
Babe well done for spicing and stirring things up.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by MarcAnthon(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2011
So it's hypothetical, but people do get in such situations in real life. Know some kids like that myself. They call the guy Mr T (assuming his name is Tunde). That's both fun, respectful and informal at the same time. Hope that settles it.

@Hardunnii, nice to know there are still young lady virgins out there, although no one really makes that a criteria for marriage these days. Still, it's gratifying to know they still exist. Good for you! But understand too that people make mistakes. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't have moral codes by which they live. When the deed is done, you just have to pick yourself up again and LIVE. To that extent I think you were a bit too hard here.
She can call him whatever she likes, what you should be concerned abt is teaching your daughter moral principles which will be a diff task, since you dont have one urself, poor girl goodluck.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Arrange yourself for one corner abeg. Park well.  undecided

angry angry angry No . . .
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by emofine(f): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
@OP

Not sure if this has already been suggested as I've pretty much skimmed through the numerous replies.
The child could possibly refer to her mother's partner as "Papa" followed by his first name i.e if the man is called Abeni, the child can thus refer to him as Papa Abeni. . .if it suits them both I guess.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Jenifa1: 12:08am On Dec 15, 2011
Does someone has to be your uncle before u can be calling UNCLE?

Errrrmm-- YES!

in the yoruba culture,it's also disrespectful to be living with a man you are not married to.

We stay in England. That settles it.

so why are you bringing yoruba culture into it if it doesn't matter?
let the girl call the guy whatever british children call their step-dad. abi?
staying in england settles it afterall.
besides isn't the natural thing to ask the guy what he'll prefer her to call him? let the man and girl mutually decide for themselves.

y r you r just trying to confuse all of us here.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 1:27am On Dec 15, 2011
^^ Aunty Jenifa, do you actually believe that I have a child?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 15, 2011
^^ again, THE PICTURE  grin grin grin grin HAHAHAHA
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 1:40am On Dec 15, 2011
^^ You need to be flogged. angry
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 15, 2011
Should I stop? I'll stop if I'm hurting your feelings  kiss Am I?
Otherwise I'm LOLing right through this sh[i]i[/i]t.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 2:16am On Dec 15, 2011
^^ lol. It's fine. My feelings are intact. angry grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 15, 2011
Hardunnii:

I dont judge, i give advice, if u like take it or not

I'm a bit curious . . . .

Do you think your 'virginity' is a guarantee to a happily ever after marriage undecided
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by janvier27(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2011
Santa claus?! grin grinNa wa o. I suggest she should either call him daddy, or simply call him by his title. e.g. 'mister' or 'doctor' or 'architect' whatever title best describes him, without necessarily attaching his personal name. And of course discuss and agree this with your partner.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Jenifa1: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Aunty Jenifa, do you actually believe that I have a child?

what do I know. I don'tknow you irl lol
you might even be the 'child' in question sef.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Yorisb: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

grin grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

Let's always try to apply common sense in every situation. lol. I don't look 28. I don't look 6. I'm not 28. I'm not 6.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ahn han,BABE! You never still find name for your pikin to call your man friend? Can't believe its that hard.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 12:05am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ Yes, I'm still searching for a name. Instead of lamenting, could you pls suggest a name/title other than "Uncle" "Mr" and "Daddy"--?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by xxcarolxx(f): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2011
Call him poppa smurf, grin, Or simply call him daddy alan,
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 1:01am On Dec 16, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Yes, I'm still searching for a name. Instead of lamenting, could you pls suggest a name/title other than "Uncle" "Mr" and "Daddy"--?
You dey mad,who dey lament? My friend carry your yourself go hide for one corner,when you born pikin den come back and ask for my suggestions,miss ITK.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 1:09am On Dec 16, 2011
^^ Olodo. Why exactly are you vexing? Village woman. So because you saw a big word "lamenting", you thought I was insulting you abi?  grin Olodo.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 1:20am On Dec 16, 2011
^ Ara gbawaka gi anya there,shediot,so "lamenting" to you is a big word,I wonder who the olodo is,why would you tell me instead of "expressing sorrow",did I sound sorrowful or grieving in my post?your I-too-sabi even when you no sabi anything na wetin go kill you,nansense girl,I no blame you sha you never thought you'd leave your village that's why you think I'm in a village,EWU.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Jenifa1: 1:26am On Dec 16, 2011
BABE!:

Let's always try to apply common sense in every situation. lol. I don't look 28. I don't look 6. I'm not 28. I'm not 6. 

the common sense is missing on your end, miss.
of course i'm not referring to a 6 yr old girl. I'm referring to you. are you having a hard time deciding what to call your mom's bf? tongue
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 1:34am On Dec 16, 2011
^
Ask the yeye gal,always trying to be a smart alec,thinking she's a genius by being sarcastic,cheeepid shediot.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Jenifa1: 1:37am On Dec 16, 2011
^ calm down freecocoa.

i'm kinda just messing with her. I hope she's not too pissed at me  tongue
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 16, 2011
BABE!:

I agree. You certainly DO NOT look 6.  angry
Who says Babe looks 6 will have to answer to me. angry angry grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 1:43am On Dec 16, 2011
Jenifa

That one is you and her biz,I don talk my own and if she vex,she can get a map and drive to hell,I could care less.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 16, 2011
Uncle + his first name will do perfectly!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by MarcAnthon(m): 1:47am On Dec 16, 2011
@ Freecocoa, Nne calm down o.  smiley smiley O zu gwere.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Jenifa1: 1:49am On Dec 16, 2011
michelin89:

Uncle + his first name will do perfectly!

she doesn't feel comfortable calling him "uncle"
wink tongue cheesy
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 16, 2011
She should get used to it. What else does she want to call him?

Daddy is no way!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by freecocoa(f): 1:53am On Dec 16, 2011
MarcAnthon:

@ Freecocoa, Nne calm down o.  smiley smiley O zu gwere.

Hahahaha,that girl kacha egosi herself so she needs it once in a while,btw are you from anambra?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Shoe That Cost 3.5 Million(photo) / Who Knows This Girl? Please I'm In Love With Her Boobs / I Went To His House Without My Panties And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.