Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

"What Should My Daughter Call Him?" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" (10015 Views)

Aigbe:I Started Talking More With My Daughter The Day She Spoke About ‘Mouth Action' / Me, My Daughter And My Son-inlaw. How It All Began. / "My Boyfriend Impregnanted My Daughter" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

She can call him whatever she likes, what you should be concerned abt is teaching your daughter moral principles which will be a diff task, since you dont have one urself, poor girl goodluck.

May wind blow up your dress and reveal your thong.  angry

Hardunnii:

@kimberluge for the record, av never known a man
On d issue, she probably didnt marry d gals dad, now she's moving in wit anoda dude, its wrong, call a spade a spade n not a garden fork

May a random spade fall down from the clouds and hit your coconut head.  angry
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Giftednne(f): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
She should call him uncle Jide. dats all
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

[img]http://shechive.files./2010/05/1272348532_original-lol.gif?w=238&h=211[/img]
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

[b][/b]Really? Like seriously? Nothing wrong moving in with who you are not married to?

Okay maybe it's not a model idea, but there are greater ills with the world than a lady moving in with her bf. Besides she obviously has her reasons . . . . who are you to judge her undecided
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ujujoan:

Okay maybe it's not a model idea, [b]but there are greater ills with the world than a lady moving in with her bf. [/b]Besides she obviously has her reasons . . . . who are you to judge her undecided

Right on.

Tenk God I yam a Finns.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by jaybee3(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

[b][/b]Really? Like seriously? Nothing wrong moving in with who you are not married to?

Wouldn't you rather people co-habitate rather than get divorce in the long run. Nothing guarantees a marriage is going to work out and the less we use religion to look at things the better. From a practical point of view, it's way better/quicker to break up and move da heck on than get divorced then spend years getting disassociated from the ex husband or wife.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ujujoan:

[b]Okay maybe it's not a model idea, [/b]but there are greater ills with the world than a lady moving in with her bf. Besides she obviously has her reasons . . . . who are you to judge her    undecided

it's a model idea in the western world!

blimey, it's a norm especially in england where the bills are killing. what's the economic sense in a boy/f and girl/f staying in different houses and paying premium. they would never be able to save for their wedding. in nigeria, young people stay with their parents till they are married. that is not the case in the west for foreigners.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

I av said my own, if u like let d guy use you, well all u need do is find anoda n move in again. Just feel for d poor little girl
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

I av said my own, if u like let d guy use you, well all u need do is find anoda n move in again. Just feel for d poor little girl

Bodija girl, you're pushing it. angry Don't let me descend on you this beautiful morning.

My little girl doesn't need your nasty, stained, hypocritical, holier-than-thou, feelings. Throw your unsolicited feelings in the bin.

Oya, carry your Ghana-must-go purse and exit this thread. Farewell.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2011
^^^^he who has ears, let him/her hear what the spirit is telling the church
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ujujoan:

Okay maybe it's not a model idea, but there are greater ills with the world than a lady moving in with her bf. Besides she obviously has her reasons . . . . who are you to judge her    undecided
And that is the typical excuse when defending cohabitation! Cohabitation itself is one of those ills! Substituting marriage for cohabitation?  How would you truly stick to your man if you are not married to him? What's the point? Did you know, that when you are open to cohabitation, you will be open to separation when married? Co habitation only teaches us how to run away from problems confronting us! Instead of working on the relationship, we decide to tail, and move to the next person! If that is not a great ill of the world today, i wonder what ill is then!I'm NOT judging her, but Co habitation should NOT be suggested to anyone either! Nothing good comes out of it!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Beync(f): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
If you are married to this man, the child can call you husband daddy.it doesnt change the fact that she has a biological father especially as the child is going to leave in the same house with you and your husband.  teach her to love and respect your hubby the same way she would to her real daddy till when she grow she can choose whether or not to continue calling him daddy
we still call our uncle daddy and my causins too call my dad daddy. we grow with it and with still do. when they are together and we want to call any of them, we know how to differentiate, it feels so good honestly and it makes for close bound btwn families.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2011
Beync:

If you are married to this man, the child can call you husband daddy.it doesnt change the fact that she has a biological father especially as the child is going to leave in the same house with you and your husband.  teach her to love and respect your hubby the same way she would to her real daddy till when she grow she can choose whether or not to continue calling him daddy
we still call our uncle daddy and my causins too call my dad daddy. we grow with it and with still do. when they are together and we want to call any of them, we know how to differentiate, it feels so good honestly and it makes for close bound btwn families.

this is because you're in nigeria. that method is a very acceptable standard.
in england, children can only call their father "daddy". they are not trained to call their uncles "daddy".
separate the nigerian culture from this issue for a moment.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
@sexkillz Good points, help me tell them.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2011
jay bee:

Wouldn't you rather people co-habitate rather than get divorce in the long run.
No sir! Unless you can guarantee that people who cohabit do not get separated, or that after cohabitation and getting married afterwards, that they would not divorce either!
Nothing guarantees a marriage is going to work out and the less we use religion to look at things the better.
Nothing guarantees that, neither does cohabitation! If that is the case, why dont you get married and try making your marriage happy! it's more satisfying knowing you are married, than cohabiting and knowing at the back of your mind that anything can happen tomorrow! Married couples are prone to solving problems in their marriage than cohabiting couples. If religion would atleast help us in living a more meaningful life as married couples, then why not?
From a practical point of view, it's way better/quicker to break up and move da heck on than get divorced then spend years getting disassociated from the ex husband or wife.
And that is why people cohabit! Fear of commitment! What is the chance that my marriage would go haywire just because someone else's did? It's because of the speed of breaking up and moving on to the next person that attracts people to cohabitation! How many cohabiting couples ended up happily in the long run?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

And that is the typical excuse when defending cohabitation! Cohabitation itself is one of those ills! Substituting marriage for cohabitation?  How would you truly stick to your man if you are not married to him? What's the point? Did you know, that when you are open to cohabitation, you will be open to separation when married? Co habitation only teaches us how to run away from problems confronting us! Instead of working on the relationship, we decide to tail, and move to the next person! If that is not a great ill of the world today, i wonder what ill is then!I'm NOT judging her, but Co habitation should NOT be suggested to anyone either! Nothing good comes out of it!

when you leave the confines of your present environment to the world ahead of you, you'd know cohabitation is actually better than living separately before marriage. cohabitation helps you understand your partner. you already know what you are getting into rather than getting a shock after marriage.

imagine discovering hardunni is not a virgin like she claims after i have married her. . . . . .would that be pleasant? whereas, that deceit would have been uncovered if we had stayed together before marriage. it now depends if i want to kick her out of my life or forgive her deception.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Hardunnii:

@sexkillz Good points, help me tell them.

Quit loitering around my thread, if you have nothing meaningful to contribute.

Hardunni, what should my daughter call my partner?

sexkillz:

Nothing good comes out of it!

Typical.

**Speaking in my Southern Accent**

"The bable says, Thou shalt not cohabit"
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
coogar:

when you leave the confines of your present environment to the world ahead of you, you'd know cohabitation is actually better than living separately before marriage.
Helloooo! In the world ahead of me, are there married couples or not? If cohabitation is better than living separately before marriage, can you guarantee that my marriage would not fail, after we cohabit? What's sweet about sinning before you get married? Unless you are an atheist! So what is the JOY in marrying someone you have been cohabiting with all your life? What's the difference?
cohabitation helps you understand your partner. you already know what you are getting into rather than getting a shock after marriage.
Really? And dating and courtship? What's the purpose of that? Is dating used to measure the number of girls you tried your hands on or just what exactly? What shock? And what is the guarantee that the next lady wont give you a shock? And the next? or the next? Now how long will you keep expecting a shock?

imagine discovering hardunni is not a virgin like she claims after i have married her. . . . . .would that be pleasant?
No! It wont be pleasant! Would it be pleasant that Hardunni cohabited with someone else, and discovered a shock in him, and left him, and you found out that she is NOT a virgin because she lost it while cohabiting? Haha!
whereas, that deceit would have been uncovered if we had stayed together before marriage. it now depends if i want to kick her out of my life or forgive her deception.

And how many times will you keep kicking out! Or lemme get something right. . . Does cohabitation involve sex? If it does and you kick her out, who are you leaving her over for?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by jaybee3(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

No sir! Unless you can guarantee that people who cohabit do not get separated, or that after cohabitation and getting married afterwards, that they would not divorce either!
Offcourse no guarantees in life hence the reason why we all get excited about the challenges we face and how we go about solving them. If you are to look at it from a risk environment point of view, you will agree with me that cohabitating and having a broken relationship has a low weighted risk using permanent heart scars as the key determinant factor when compared to getting married and then getting divorced

sexkillz:

Nothing guarantees that, neither does cohabitation! If that is the case, why dont you get married and try making your marriage happy! it's more satisfying knowing you are married, than cohabiting and knowing at the back of your mind that anything can happen tomorrow! Married couples are prone to solving problems in their marriage than cohabiting couples. If religion would atleast help us in living a more meaningful life as married couples, then why not?
I'm sorry to say but that's just a Nigerian mentality bore out of teachings from various religious houses. Why is it not a surprise that Nigeria is probably the most religious country on heart but yet we most certainly have the highest socialogical problems planet earth has to offer. The reason for that is not far from us not just using how god giving brains and looking at things from practical viewpoint instead of viewing things at all times by what the pastor or Imam says.
What's the point being married but obviously unhappy and unable to do anything about it because of the stigma of being a divorcee? Do you actually wanna go research on statistics of people in loveless marriage in Nigeria

Religious is good yes but be common sense should always prevail

sexkillz:

And that is why people cohabit! Fear of commitment! What is the chance that my marriage would go haywire just because someone else's did? It's because of the speed of breaking up and moving on to the next person that attracts people to cohabitation! How many cohabiting couples ended up happily in the long run?
Coogar has already enlightened you on some reasons why people do it.
I hope you know marriage is not for everyone
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Typical.

**Speaking in my Southern Accent**

"The bable says, Thou shalt not cohabit"

***Speaking in Osun Accent***

Unless you tell me right here and now that you are not a Christian, and that you have never adhered to what the bible says, then i'll let you pass. Else what you just typed above is what my village elders refer to as "Hypocritical Nonsense, that makes NO sense!"
If you are a christian and refuse to listen to what the Bible says what the hell are you then?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

***Speaking in Osun Accent***
Unless you tell me right here and now that you are not a Christian, and that you have never adhered to what the bible says, then i'll let you pass. Else what you just typed above is what my village elders refer to as "Hypocritical Nonsense, that makes NO sense!"
If you are a christian and refuse to listen to what the Bible says what the hell are you then?

Easy on your choice of words. Don't push it. wink

I'm a christian. I don't listen to everything the bable says. You're not even supposed to. Or are you?

21st century Christians are fond of solving 21st century problems with 1st century solutions.

Jesus is not proud of us. Trust me. We are a bunch of lazy folks; too lazy to think.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2011
jay bee:

Offcourse no guarantees in life hence the reason why we all get excited about the challenges we face and how we go about solving them. If you are to look at it from a risk environment point of view, you will agree with me that cohabitating and having a broken relationship has a low weighted risk using permanent heart scars as the key determinant factor when compared to getting married and then getting divorced
No! I dont agree! If you get excited about the challenges you face and how  you go about solving them, why dont you take up Marriage on that challenge, make it your goal to solve any problems that may arise? Are you honestly going into marriage, expecting your marriage to have problems, so you can divorce? Cohabiting relationships has  a low weighted risk? Really? Do you know that some people feel used when cohabitation doesnt work in their favour? How many people do you meet out there that are ready to welcome the idea of marrying a lady/guy that has cohabited prior to meeting them? Now, if my cohabitation experiment does not work out, do you think i'll be ever willing to cohabit with another again? Instead of cohabiting, is it not wiser to get married, take up the challenge and be determined to make your marriage work?

I'm sorry to say but that's just a Nigerian mentality bore out of teachings from various religious houses. Why is it not a surprise that Nigeria is probably the most religious country on heart but yet we most certainly have the highest socialogical problems planet earth has to offer. The reason for that is not far from us not just using how god giving brains and looking at things from practical viewpoint instead of viewing things at all times by what the pastor or Imam says.
It's not a Nigerian mentality as Nigeria is not the only Religious country nor is nigeria the only country where cohabitation occurs! Those problems you mentioned about Nigeria, how many of them are a direct result of Religion? The law of the land where you currently reside, does it recognize cohabiting couples or married couples?
What's the point being married but obviously unhappy and unable to do anything about it because of the stigma of being a divorcee? Do you actually wanna go research on statistics of people in loveless marriage in Nigeria.
What causes unhappiness in marriages? Can they be avoided? No one should continue in an abusive relationship yes, but is that the way forward? Do you actually know what people go thru, to keep their marriages alive and strong? Is "Loveless marriage" Restricted to Nigeria alone?

Religious is good yes but be common sense should always prevail

If religion is good, why not mix it with a little common sense? Marriage is not for everyone, is cohabiting for everyone then? What is the difference between living as cohabiting couples, and living as married couples?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Helloooo! In the world ahead of me, are there married couples or not? If cohabitation is better than living separately before marriage, can you guarantee that my marriage would not fail, after we cohabit? What's sweet about sinning before you get married? Unless you are an atheist! So what is the JOY in marrying someone you have been cohabiting with all your life? What's the difference?

marriages fail, cohabitation can also fail - all i am saying is cohabitation eliminates the illusion that comes with living separately before getting married.
everyone wears a certain mask in a relationship(initially), we all put up our best attitude at first and by the time our partners discover the real us in marriage - then they are bitter cos they have married the person they did not think they were marrying in the first place.

you ask - what is the joy in marrying someone i have been cohabiting all my life? i am sure you are claiming you have never seen couples who cohabited and are enjoying their marriages far better than the other divide("holier than thou"wink. the hypocrisy even gets disgusting when it was found out that nigeria has the most unfaithful women on the planet despite the fact that cohabiting is a taboo in the country. grin grin

who is fooling who? tongue

Really? And dating and courtship? What's the purpose of that? Is dating used to measure the number of girls you tried your hands on or just what exactly? What shock? And what is the guarantee that the next lady wont give you a shock? And the next? or the next? Now how long will you keep expecting a shock?

that's the essence of dating! try as many outcomes as possible to improve your chances of meeting the right woman!
i would never know a better woman if i have been stuck with one all my life. people date to seek the best before they are ready to marry. and if there's one thing you should be prepared for in life - there's no absolute guarantee to anything.

No! It wont be pleasant! Would it be pleasant that Hardunni cohabited with someone else, and discovered a shock in him, and left him, and you found out that she is NOT a virgin because she lost it while cohabiting? Haha!

i don't understand this question. if hardunni had told me the truth about her status before hand, i would have no problems with her history. the danger lies in the fact that it's easier for her to cover the truth if she's living separately. the major problem in today's marriages especially in nigeria(where living together is a taboo) is because the image does not match the reality. this sends a turbulent wave into the marriage and the man or woman feels they are being trapped in a deception. on the other hand, while i may be shocked in the discovery of hardunni's deception, hygiene, lack of anger management, etc. . . .at least i am not trapped.

And how many times will you keep kicking out! Or lemme get something right. . . Does cohabitation involve sex? If it does and you kick her out, who are you leaving her over for?

for a man that would match her perfectly!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Hardunnii(f): 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dont know why ppl keep sayin ppl who r not happy in mariages, wat abt the ones that are happy?? In everytin, try to luk at d postives, my folks are still happily married, they had their ups n downs, bt they r still together n we d children benefited most.
@coogar why would anyone lie abt virginity
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

ur not a spirit ur jst a sexually frustrated gal  so stop deceiving urself! Am a virgin too so I shuld know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by BABE3: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

Dont know why ppl keep sayin ppl who r not happy in mariages, wat abt the ones that are happy?? In everytin, try to luk at d postives, my folks are still happily married, they had their ups n downs, bt they r still together n we d children benefited most.
'

Hardunnii:

To deceive their partner(s) and the people around them. To appear "holier-than-everyone else"; like you've been trying to appear on this thread.
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by jaybee3(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

To score points duh
You have quite a chunk of men out there that will only date virgins hence the reason why it's celebrated  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyhoo, virginity or what not is an over flogged issue. Good on you that you are keeping it but you sure don't have the right to lambast those that aren't.
People make own choices that they may or may not be comfortable with so who the heck are we to be the judge?
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hardunnii:

so as to claim you are "holier than thou"
it's easier than admitting you have made massive mistakes in the past.

believe it or not - 90% of naija girls do it.
to be fair, i don't blame them though cos some men deliberately ask for it and women who don't want to lose a man they really love would lie to keep him. "ask no questions - i shall tell no lies".
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by jaybee3(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Sexkills
We should debate it further on another thread
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by coogar: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2011
kimberluge:

your not a spirit your jst a sexually frustrated gal  so stop deceiving urself! [b]Am a virgin too so I shuld know lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/b]

haha - it's the clash of the virgin titans. grin
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
BABE!:

Easy on your choice of words. Don't push it. wink

I'm a christian. I don't listen to everything the bable says. You're not even supposed to. Or are you?
Speak for your self on that regards boo! If you dont listen to everything, what's the point of listening to some in the first place?

21st century Christians are fond of solving 21st century problems with 1st century solutions.

Not when the 1st century solutions work better then 21st century ones!

Jesus is not proud of us. Trust me. We are a bunch of lazy folks; too lazy to think.
Jesus is not proud of you. You are lazy! Too lazy to think. . . . Yeah, RIGHT! As if i didnt know!
Re: "What Should My Daughter Call Him?" by kelz88(f): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
The way this thread has turned into something else. . . . Na wa!
Unless you're a very religious person you shouldn't see anything wrong with it. No one is forcing you to cohabit but you shouldn't condemn the next man that chooses to live with his woman. Don't forget that not everyone wants to get married, so this might be a better option for some couples. Besides, cohabiting is cheaper than both of you living separately. Each to their own.

@topic:
I would call him by his name, or Mr. X
The days of calling any older man uncle is so over! I have never called another man daddy, so I cannot advise a 6 year old to call another man dad, especially when her own dad is alive, and involved in her life.

When this man's mom named him did she name him uncle, bros, or whatever?! So what's wrong with calling him by his name? Nigerians and their mentality-"Am I your mate?", "Don't you know I senior you"? Makes me cringe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Will Nigeran Ladies Start Looking Like This / This Fine Big Boobs Lady Will Make Your Day / Curvy Nigerian Girl Secretly Performing N*ked For Men On Instragram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.