Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? (17581 Views)

Counter Thread: 10 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Suck At Relationships / See Signs Your Partner Thinks You Suck In B3d / How A Girl In Romance Section Nearly Soiled My Moniker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
Why are people with great intellect emotional vegetables?
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
I don't want any fight between or among anybody/ies. Let's reply in peace and with maturity! smiley
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by 195(f): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

dunno  embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
How would you define yourself emtionally speaking?

Intelligent or stupid? - This question is not silly because it has been proved that emotional intelligence does exist and has become a case of study in Psychology. Emotionally retarded people are often psychos!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by MrCork17: 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

Mashal.  sweeery u gots Nyansh, boooobsi or heavy thigh?  Please confim. cheers! undecided
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by jaybee3(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
Simplezzzzz . . . . . . They had rather spend their quality time making the world better be it by inventing life saving gadgets or increasing the coffers of the nation they live in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by 195(f): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
jay bee:

Simplezzzzz . . . . . . They had rather spend their quality time making the world better be it it inventing live saving gadgets or increasing the coffers of the nation they live in.

true that cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mashal.  sweeery u gots Nyansh, boooobsi or heavy thigh?  Please confim. cheers! undecided

I nor get heavy boobs but the rest is more than ok! cheesy
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
Because typically intelligent ppl (esp. Those who are successful) have a keen eye for detail and are competitive by nature. Both qualities are enough to attract the opposite sex however they can also ruin a relationship. Such folks tend to have an ego and are less willing to compromise.
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by MrCork17: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

Because typically intelligent ppl (esp. Those who are successful) have a keen eye for detail and are competitive by nature. Both qualities are enough to attract the opposite sex however they can also ruin a relationship. Such folks tend to have an ego and are less willing to compromise.

MsDarkSkin.  you are intelectual?  undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
In other words too much thinking nor good for romance abi?
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by tutuwater(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
It is true though.
i believe the people in that group tends to over analyze issues to the extent that they couldn't follow their feelings any more.
example 1. the smart guy sees a 9/10 girls and analyze that since she is this fly she cant be single, so he is not making a move.
example 2. the smart guy views being vulnerable as a bad thing overlooking the fact that to be in an emotional state you have to let go of your guard. thus he is unable to vividly express himself.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by kelz88(f): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
Imagine dating that Nigerian guy that blows a lot of grammar. Will deffo do my head in.

They would rather carry on studying at night instead of making love.

These are just assumptions sha. I've not dated any one that "extra", but I can imagine.
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by MrCork17: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

michel.  Don't mistake niceness for weakness. Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.  True Story!! wink
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

michel.  Don't mistake niceness for weakness. Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.  True Story!! wink

Thanks for this piece advice!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2011
Perhaps, you assume too much. What's the genesis of your assertion.
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Andrew3(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
BEcause they dont take the relationship as their priority but rather what makes them who they are.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

Rather interesting post. But the poster provides no evidence in support of her claim. I am less willing to believe this. . .
True though, intelligent people may suck at making great relationships, but only with people who are not exactly their type. With their type, I think they record better success.
And emotional vegetables? that's rather far-fetched! damn!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
sauer:

Rather interesting post. But the poster provides no evidence in support of her claim. I am less willing to believe this. . .
True though, intelligent people may suck at making great relationships, but only with people who are not exactly their type. With their type, I think they record better success.
And emotional vegetables? that's rather far-fetched! damn!

Sorry for the hyperbole. I was intrigued by the term when I heard it on a TV series!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Goldieluks: 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

Mainly because they misplace their priories and maybe absence of time management,in the sense that they are too
focused on their perspective fields to the extent that they neglect the social aspect of their life.For example a Medical Doctor
who is always working 24/7,no time to go out on dates,makes friends,have drinks with friends or even take their respective
partners out on holidays and stuffs. They are so focused that they become emotionally dead. ''All work and no play'' per say.
They can become emotionally awake in aspect of romance,if only they can balance their jobs with their activities of daily living.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by jaybee3(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by MrCork17: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

Thanks for this piece advice!

First time anyone would ever thank me on Nairaland! kiss
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
^^so, u need to remember that for the last days of your life! angry damn!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
I dont know, @ op, how did u know?
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by dabrake(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

i'm speechless. Can't beleive mr.c0rk actually posted this. 9s progress report. I'ld always make reference to your post in my daily activities. Peace.
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by kokoye(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

. . Don't mistake niceness for weakness. Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness. True Story!! wink

Noooooo!

I cant stand this version of you!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2011
Please let's leave Mr Cork alone and concentrate on the thread. I don't want any distraction.

Thank you!
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2011
Am yet to understand ur question, is it suck in bed or romance?
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
Poster hasn't made a lot clear in her argument. I think she's defaulting to the popular notion that nerds suck at relationships. In alluding to this, she leaves out the possiblity that some nerds may indeed suck at sustaining a relationship, but may have no difficulty giving it to a woman in bed. So, is it in relating with the opposite sex now, i.e. making the relationship worthwhile, or is it simply in bed? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

shocked  shocked  This guy account has been hacked or maybe did not signout and someone got access to it and got attracted with that topic  undecided
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Boxer007(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
michelin89:

Please let's leave Mr Cork alone and concentrate on the thread. I don't want any distraction.

Thank you!

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Very Smart (intellectual) People Suck In Romance? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
Romance = handling feelings and relationships!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How To Keep A Guy Interested After Sleeping With Him Or Her / How To Approach A Lady For The First Time / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.