Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Campus Blues. . . . - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Blues. . . . (107668 Views)

Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Beware Of Dating Kenyan Girls On And Off Campus / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by anonymus111(m): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
cugresources: @op lola, pls for your own good, stop the story, let them finish it from the little they had copied. don't ever post your work online or on forums again until you have copyrighted it and also published it, else lazzy asss like freetoto will copy your talent and make money out of it while you make nothing. Ask your siblings or friends or professors if I am right or wrong. This is not even your own personal blog, so what would you gain? Absolutely nothing for cracking your wise talented brain while ashis walk about 4ucking diccks and come here to cheer u in a pretentious way to cajole u into finishing the story for them to copy. my dear, u have done enough, stop and read your fans and followers okay? sorry your thread ended this way, it was this good-for-nothing harlot called freetoto, that started it and derailed your post. u can trace back and watch where it started, she only grew jealous because I commended u and voted that u are the best NLer! You are still the best, keep your ladily character and pride and leave useless freetoto to keep fooling herself and wasting her time on NL.

jokes apart u sound stupid.pick on ya on gender...............when i talk sey make members find life outside nl dem go talk sey i be ediot..............24-7 on nl is beginning to make members say mental things. omo time na money abeg,make members wise up use time more productively. see wetin agbalagba dey talk even killz is way more matured dan dis aged man dt cant show us his face front knowling fully well dt he looks like snake on d plane, how did u even get into naija from d sky need to call d producers of dt movie i see why u dont act human. u know we dnt know d langusage of a snake, we might have to ship dem from whispering palms badagry make dem come ask u d way back n what is really wrong.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2012
sauer: Now on the frontpage until I protested abi? undecided

What post do you hold on NL if I may ask? Hmmmn! Now that I know your secret, I know what buttons to press next time around... wink wink cheesy

On a serious note, WHERE have you been? Thought you abandoned the thread ni o!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2012
Please Coco, abeg. We are not fighters, you know this. Whatever it is, let it go babe! kiss
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by yhygajo(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Lola..you really write well,ur very good with words...I say you do this for a living and you'd make a fortune,this stuff ryt here is talent at its fullest,would love to know how it ends...
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2012
@cugresources
This doesn't have to happen this way. Freecoco shared her experience with us, and you don't have to use it against her. That is below the belt, cugre. Please, y'all should make peace....
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2012
lola.luv:

What post do you hold on NL if I may ask? Hmmmn! Now that I know your secret, I know what buttons to press next time around... wink wink cheesy

On a serious note, WHERE have you been? Thought you abandoned the thread ni o!
I don't hold any post. But I was pointing out in the other thread for Seun to look at what NLers are doing which are only as good as what his idol, Umari, is doing. Mentioned you in particular!
Lola.luv, do you read Faulkner? or Poe? or Lahiri? Have you read The Thing Around Your Neck? Your "romance" short stories could be plain and not draw on drama or sensation, while remaining romantic. The subtleties in human behaviour are what you would be showing the readers. Such short stories compete favorably with established ones and can easily win something on BBC's/the Commonwealth's short story competitions, giving you the publicity you deserve. Just saying. . . . undecided
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
I've read Poe. But I haven't read anything by the others.
Thanks for your suggestion. Will look into it... smiley
Thanks for reprimanding Seun too. lol.
cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2012
@Sauer
What do you have against romance stories if I may ask?
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2012
lola.luv:
@Sauer
What do you have against romance stories if I may ask?
Not only aren't they just unreal, they are less products of creativity than they are attempts at engaging dreamy fantasies.
Plus, to me, such stories are almost a move to lure the reader away from the author's deficiencies. See how not one of NL readers could say nothing critical of Umari's fanciful kidnapper tales merely because they could immediately identify with the unwinding love plot. Worst of all, such stories require almost no attempt at deciphering or inferring, which is what great novels/short stories always strive to achieve.
If you read only extracts of Dostoyevsky's books, you could end up with a million and one conclusions depending on what angle of view you choose.

And to add: overtly romance novels are not taken seriously in sensible literary circles. While meaning no offence, Myne Whitman, for example, will never end up in the circles Adichie will frolic in.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Richchibuzor(m): 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2012
quite interestine,keep it up!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by MuyiGL: 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2012
I would definitely think well of Tera I was in that guys shoes. the fact she was bold enough to ask for help shows she is down to earth. plus holding back on giving TJ more attention, by walking off and thanking him for doing "enough for today" shows she's not cheap. And AI would do exactly what TJ did by helping her
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2012
@all
thank you, thank you very plenty!

@sauer
True what you said. It's just that, supply is a direct result of demand.
At d end of the day, a romantic story could make a difference too, it just depends on what elements you bring into it.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by maxygirl(f): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2012
Lola_luv...your story is really lovely. Thanks. And I hope we get to see the end soon. Kudos
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by clemmonce(m): 12:32am On Apr 09, 2012
o boy see hollywood movie on nairaland. lola u are a good writer i am not sayin dis because everybody is sayin but i am sayin it because i knw. if i were to be tj i go help the babe sharp sharp
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 09, 2012
@cugresources! Why do you have to belittle yourself like this? Why do u hav to post ur address on dis thread.. Why are u being egocentric. Guy u honestly, u fall my hand o. I tried settling u & freecocoa on d thread u open but seems like i wasted megabites. The threat of u wanting to assasinate her is not so good and its quite Alarming. Over what U gave ur address, u cud easily be picked up by the SSS over what is uncalled for by you. Becuz u are obsessed abt freecocoa which u don't knw if she's just a man playing mind games on NL. Or do you know if she's just, i don't know. NB: Freecocoa this is just an assumption. So cugresources get over yourself and stop being an egocentric person. If someone insults u, insult back. No need of threats cuz its unsolicited, unwarranted and uncalled for. Or are u so Allergic to insult? Guy please stop jabbering around. And be yourself & stay calm. And nice observation you made there. Lola.luv. They are alot of unscrupulous elements on NL. They don't post comments, they just read. They have no ideas, they feast on other people ideas. So you shouldn't be suprised when u see you story in a movie or a book cuz some Nigerians are good in pirating other people's stuff okay.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by anthonex(m): 12:39am On Apr 09, 2012
1) I think accident can happen to anybody most especially when it comes to nature without minding the person status. For tega i find her very couragous to have asked for help from a total stranger considering the situation she found her self, cos i think pride and shame wouldn't have allowed most girls ask for help.
2) Though i don't fancy eye contact with that stuff but i think i would have done the same if i were in his shoes. And LOLA nice thread, i love the composure of ur words it will make you a great writer.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by xterra2(m): 12:48am On Apr 09, 2012
What happpened please ?
Am just seeing this thread, stopped at page 3
Can someome summarize please ??

I Take God beg all of una, summarize abeg smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 12:57am On Apr 09, 2012
Lola my angel you know how it is na,please forgive me,i didn't mean to derail our beautiful story,the madman just needs to be put in his place.

I've missed you o,sugar gist me na.wink

@Benny,no qualms bro i get you.

@All minus the psycho,I'm sorry to have digressed,make una no vex.cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 12:58am On Apr 09, 2012
Thanks at everybody who has shown concern about the copyright and thanks for the advice too

@cugre
I didn't read through ur posts, seeing they were filled with insults. But it's totally uncalled for saying you were going to eliminate someone. Haba!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by WackyJ1(m): 1:00am On Apr 09, 2012
Lola.. Please continue na. I'm begging you.. .
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 1:21am On Apr 09, 2012
WackyJ1: Lola.. Please continue na. I'm begging you.. .
keep reading jorh,lazy you cheesy,seriously though it will be more fun to read it on your own,we can't fit summarize am sef undecided.

@Lola,yippeyyy its on the front page *dancing*
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:35am On Apr 09, 2012
^^
Even me sef, I was surprised. Because even if the thread was a snail, e s'pose don crawl reach front page tay-tay. Almost four months!
It so happens that, even though 'somebody' doesn't like romance, 'somebody' sprung to my defence, like a romantic knight in shining armour! He! he!! he!!!
#tongue
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by 0yewale(m): 1:52am On Apr 09, 2012
after all.. we will be complaining that Nigeria no make sense.. what do we do about this type of inhabitants...
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by 0yewale(m): 1:53am On Apr 09, 2012
after all.. we will be complaining that Nigeria no make sense.. what do we do about all these so called human beings...
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by jerikoyan(m): 2:11am On Apr 09, 2012
Lola pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.come to our aid
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Inosenduatall: 2:55am On Apr 09, 2012
Normally i just read stuff and move along but i gotta hand it to you - this is beautiful stuff. The thing i like the most about this story is it's simplicity. Sometimes we just wanna curl up and read a really simple love story rather than a Tom Clancy novel with a very complicated plot. I started reading this thread around 12:32pm, couldn't stop till i finished two hours later.

I write pretty well myself. I'm just suffering from a disease called acute laziness. Cheers love.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 09, 2012
Nice one Lola, it took me 4 hours to read from page 1............ID & freecocoa na xter....btw who be that useless old f00l wey de disturb cocoa .......be careful o

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Pororo(f): 5:37am On Apr 09, 2012
Wow! Spellbinding!.
@ Lola.luv..........your work is very good. Took me back to uni days. I love it grin

I skipped some of the posts in d middle, by the fans, but is this the reason you're not completing ur story?
You've given me (and a whole lot of us) a whetting of appetite and will ,so much, love to see the end of the story.
If you will be kind enough to finish it or create your blog so that we can read up d remaining of the story...or
publish it so that we can buy it in book stores. Anyone is ok but please finish this up.
I'm finding it hard to concentrate on other things....... embarassed (pls, that's meant in a positive way)
Thank you for the story and take care.

p.s. Still waiting................... cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Gentiejag(f): 7:08am On Apr 09, 2012
@Lola.lov....abeg u gaz finish dis tori o...no way ar u stoppin lyk dat..i wnt let u!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by muyijazz1(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2012
Lola..Since 3am and its 7am i have been on this blog believing i will see the end story...and behold it is to be continued..Why now?not nice at all ooo..pls when ya gonna fnsh d story line??
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by hakunamatata1: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2012
Had a similar experience in camp during NYSC. It was her period, she was tired and big! Helped her walk. we became friends and dated 4 2yrs. Believe me, she was d best i've came across.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by WackyJ1(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2012
While the Poster is coming up with more material. Can anyone tell me the names of some good Nigerian Campus themed Novels...?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply)

I Unintentionally Exposed My Girlfriend / Ladies...let's Share Our No Make Up Picx... / Girl Offers Lagos Guy Sex On His Birthday, Sends Her Boob Pix (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.