Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Help Me Get Rid Of This Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help Me Get Rid Of This Person (2484 Views)

Get Rid Of Your Excess Body & Tummy Fat / can I marry this person? / Would You Date/marry This Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cyberfreak(f): 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by iice(f): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2011
Cyberfreak:

Good morning o, my fellow nairalanders.
Abeg eh, I have a serious problem that I need help for and that is why I came here.
In my school, there is this guy who I was really close friends with before we went on holiday.
The boy, or should I say young man, because he is quite grown; he is 24, the young man is the type of person who finds it difficult to get girl friends because of certain shortcomings he has, one of them being that he is poor, very poor.
And he is very introverted, hardly has a social life.
But aside from these shortcomings, the guy was well behaved and polite, but in spite of this, girls in class avoid getting close to him/talking to him so often because of the shortcomings I mentioned.
Anyway, me, being the nice girl I am and being naturally sympathetic towards people society rejects, I decided to be nice to the guy and be friends with him, poor guy or not.
I wasn’t even looking for a relationship with him, I was just trying to be nice by being a friend.
After some time, I started noticing that the guy was getting rather clingy with me.
He started developing the habit of following me every-freaking-where I went to, if he saw me on the road heading somewhere, he would just abandon his own destination and start following me instead, thereby making it virtually impossible for me to do anything private. He was even stalking my damn facebook page and calling/flashing like, everytime.
I told my friends about what he was doing because it was a bother to me , I mean, even if we were actually dating, which we weren’t, the way he was always around me was just too much, and they(friends) said leave him completely i.e. cut the friendship off, don’t explain anything.
But I am scared of that dude. The way he takes his anger out on people he is angry with makes me dread doing anything to offend him.
For the brief period we were friends, he said somethings that made me realize that he is a vengeful person
So when we went on the end of session holidays, which was about three weeks ago, I just made a resolution to avoid him completely, everything about him, messages, facebook, calls etc.
He has been trying to contact me but I just ignore him, don’t pick his calls and don’t reply his messages on phone and FB.
The thing  need help with now is this; what do I do when I have to inevitably face him when session resumes?I need help on how to end the whole thing completely, I don’t even want to be friends with him anymore because the guy clearly does not know how to stop at being just friends.
I’m not even sure I want an acquaintance relationship.
How do I get rid of a creepy-creepo without hurting anyone’s feelings?
Tl;dr, help me get rid of this creepy stalker without him taking out his crazy anger revenge on me.
Please ask any questions about any part you don’t understand, I really need help.

Na wa for people and confusion.
'The way he takes out his anger on people scares me'
'Help me get rid of this creepy stalker without him taking his anger revenge on me'
'But despite his short coming he's polite and well behaved'

'He's very poor'
'Society rejects', 'Despite his shortcomings of being poor'
'Decided to be friends with the society reject'
lipsrsealed

Anyway, get a male relative to warn him off.
If none, a male friend.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
get a male friend.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Babamide(m): 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
Lol. I'm sure you are the first girl that gave him any attention. He must be married to you in his dreams already. Pray ASUU does not resume from their strike.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by wysenas(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
I undstand how u feel about d whole thing.i equally applaud yur courage 2 thread with d guy in d first place when others distance him like a shit.i think @ 24,he is a man.dialogue with him and tell him how u feel,yur closeness to him was mistaken by d guy as a relatnship.let him know that u are just a friend and nothing more.d solutn lies with d way u handled d issue maturedly.no cause 4 alarm,God knows yur gd intention 2 associate with him despite his short comings,pray to God 4 guideance.keep d faith,if u can touch and change d young's life,u are equally changing d world.he may be d poor boy today,who knows 2morow.gd luck !
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
Tell him you are not into boys and want to face your books which is what you should have been doing in the first place instead of "trying to help the lone ranger out." tongue
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by sexlog(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2011
Cyberfreak, u are a good girl! Dont discuss anything with him. Avoid him with style. He will get that your are disassociating yourself from him. He will back out himself.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cyberfreak(f): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
H
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by sexlog(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
Then u are dealing with a goat. What u do now is : call him & get blunt with him. If that doesnt work, give me his contact.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by slimyem: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2011
get a guy to disguise as your boyfriend and scare him off real good over the phone.
then when you get to see him,tell him you don't want him to get hurt and your boyfriend who's a cultist has vowed to deal with him if he doesnt stay off you and please when you talk it,act it!!
i hope this helps. grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by pendo89(f): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Oh boy lets not condemn the guy because it's clear he has deep psychological issues.

He needs to overcome rejection first cz its what makes him cling. Is he even aware that hes a nuisance?
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
@op, u hav to be very careful, i had a similar gf back in sch, but she took to violence wen i wanted out! Be careful once again i say! Do not ask anoda guy to disguise as ur boyfriend as dat cud spark up a war! He must surely fight as his social life depends on ur friendship wit him. When majority of peeps in ur class stayed away frm him, wat were u tinkin? Na u get sense pass abi?
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by bamosagie(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
Well the replies here follows the same trend, first the poster said the guy is polite, his only flaw is being broke & not socially active. @ 24 he should be able to handle truth, so why not engage him in a discussion on the effect of his attachment. But then I think the poster is more afraid of falling in love with this poor social outcast.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
Op,
Hold it there! Nosensetica joy eliminator. Is it a crime for someone to fall in love wit u? I know u want to leave him because he is poor not necessarily because he is reserved.
Wait until he re-enacts jonathan story in his life and i bet you,you will glue to your television sulking watching him tell his story-''i had no shoes''. I bet you thats the situation most babes our presido toasted during his youth days but rejected him cos of his poor background are into now.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 17, 2011
OMG roflmao still lmao lool lwkmd. I never knew people like this still exist. Talk about weirdo. Lmao @ abandoning his destination to go wherever you're going with you. Poor dude don't even wanna work hard to eradicate the poverty syndrome. Loool I will save this page, my female cousins must read this ;d ;d ;d ;d. @poster please quit using whatever lotion you're applying on your body that attracts the bee on you.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 17, 2011
@poster, maybe call him a day to resumption and ask how you can get to see him. be the one to call him
then talk to him without causing more psychological damage.

remember, if you had left him, he probably wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

not bad if you teach him the 101 of relating to people, while at it, remind him you are his friend.
goodluck.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cyberfreak(f): 8:30am On Dec 17, 2011
H
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2011
Cyberfreak:

I was thinking the best route to take was to get a guy to pose as my boyfriend and talk to him politely about the thing, but after reading through the thread I think dialog will be better overall.
If I talk to him I will have to be extra careful in selecting the words I use.
I am immensely grateful to all those who gave advice.
Thanks a mil! smiley

You saw the way the people around him were avoiding him but you decided to make him your own charity case by doing him the favour of being your friend . . . . 'even though he's poor'! undecided
You made your bed, lie on it my friend!
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 18, 2011
ujujoan, go and sleep jor!

no one is able to choose whom or what the become at birth.
you must understand that some are just not smart at anything, they needed things be spelt out so they can learn.
not their fault.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Orikinla(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2011
Hello poster,

I am sorry to tell you that 99% of the respondents have given you the wrong advice.

You are already ensnared and you have to handle this sociopath with extreme caution.

It is silly to let anyone pose as your boyfriend to scare him off, because that could even worsen the problem.

You are the one who can handle him and end his obsession politely.

I am going to address this situation with references based on the reservations you and your peers have against him and how these reservations could be shallow due to your arrogance or ignorance. Yet you have the right to discontinue your association with this sociopath.

It would be helpful to read the analysis of a sociopath and a psychopath before you rush to post your reply.
The Holy Bible says people perish from lack of knowledge and the fact that majority of Nigerians do not read have done collateral damage to their psyche and left the country in rot.

[size=28pt]
I have seen many Nigerian guys who assume that simply knowing a girl makes her their girlfriend and I have seen guys fighting over a girl on their campus without knowing that she has her real boyfriend elsewhere.

Even Being Intimate with a girl does not make you her boyfriend.
And Being Intimate with a guy does not mean you are his girlfriend.[/size]

Many of the respondents have also exhibited the other characteristics of the nonidentical twin of a sociopath, the psychopath, see http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath_2.htm.
The problem is many of them don't even know they are behaving like psychopaths.

Being extremely poor is not the reason why your peers disassociate from him,
This is a classic case of Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) in different variations.

Only fools will discriminate against anyone, because the person is among the poor, poorer or poorest in their community.

The irony of those you and your so called peers call "society rejects" or whatever is the fact that you often face the same rejection when you find yourself among richer folks or when you end up as a minority in the US or the UK and the White folks treat you as second class citizens.

[size=28pt]That your so called "society reject" may end up as the future Minister or even ;President of Nigeria.
Lest you forget, he is not going to school for nothing and once you are in school, you either drop out or graduate and if he is brilliant he will surely succeed in life. Then you and your so called peers may be at the receiving end tomorrow.

The way you see that guy is actually the way many of the developed nations see Nigeria and treat Nigerians overseas. To be avoided like a plague.[/size]

Majority of Nigerians stay away from white dominated forums, but I am a senior member of the leading American and European forums where blacks keep away from, because of their deep rooted fears of racism or inferiority complex. That is why you noticed that Oprah Winfrey had more whites than blacks in her book club and TV show.
But in most cases, the White folks sooner or later judge you more on your IQ than your skin or country of origin.
Many of them still ask whether I am a Nigerian in Nigeria and 90% of the over one million visitors to my popular blogs are from North America and Europe. Only about 5% of my regular readers are fellow Nigerians.
Many of them say the blogs are too cosmopolitan.

Millions of Nigerians actually have psychological problems due to the systemic failures of governance at all levels in Nigeria and many of those who relocated overseas are not that secure being regarded as illegal immigrants or second class citizens. But majority of them would prefer posing and posturing to admitting their frustrations and arrogantly or ignorantly have been displaying them without much discretion online and offline by their lack of public decorum or what we call company manners. They often resent the celebrity status or success of their fellow Nigerians and spread false rumours about them as many successful celebrities have confirmed overtime.
Nigerian psychopaths and sociopaths come online where they can hide behind user names to attack celebs and others.

"The blind cannot lead the blind as Jesus said in a parable in Matthew 15:13-14 and Luke 6:39-40 of the Holy Bible.

They have not set good examples, so by their fruits you shall know them.

Among the people here is a psychopath who burnt a boyfriend's photograph over an argument and later still slept with him.
Another one was disgraced when her campaign of calumny failed and she had to eat her own words.

[size=28pt]So, just beware of confiding in absolute strangers online, because you can never know anyone until you have met the person physically and knows the person to his her home and how the person lives among others as you know this particular person who is obsessed with you. [/size]

The fact that this your problem child is even in school is enough hope that he has a future.
So, it is naive and wrong to highlight his negatives more than his positives.

1. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TELL HIM THE TRUTH.

LYING ONLY MAKES A BAD CASE WORSE.

Invite him to meet with you in the residence of a trusted senior lecturer like the dean of your faculty or a respected pastor or reverend minister. And there in their presence, kindly explain your position to him and tell him that you would prefer that he stopped embarrassing you by his obsessive behaviour. That he is causing you a lot of embarrassment.
That he is distracting you from your academic targets.
Then politely say you wish him the best in life.

This will work for you.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
^^WOW!! you are spot on!! shocked

esp. when you said:

The problem is many of them don't even know they are behaving like psychopaths.

perhaps its a cultural thing where a lot of black men esp. those from "developing countries",
cannot take "no" for an answer that is the reason why they exhibit stalker like attitudes/personalities.
It's kinda scary when you think about it. In the Caribbean some women used to get physically assaulted and killed for rejecting men some of whom they never even knew for more than a week!! smh. undecided

@ op: i feel your pain op.  undecided
i've been there. nothing more annoying than a guy who just doesn't get it. some men seem to get a high off of aggression and others you cant been passive with because they will keep on with the obsession. It's sooooooo annoying!!
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cuddlemii: 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
REALITY101:

OMG roflmao still lmao lool lwkmd. I never knew people like this still exist. Talk about weirdo. Lmao @ abandoning his destination to go wherever you're going with you. Poor dude don't even wanna work hard to eradicate the poverty syndrome. Loool I will save this page, my female cousins must read this ;d ;d ;d ;d. @poster please quit using whatever lotion you're applying on your body that attracts the bee on you.

Lol very wise point I swear. Instead of the guy to think of how he would make money, become rich & successful, he is chasing the op around hence no achievement (no cash, no babe). What a waste, this happens when peeps cant identify their priorities. Fine everyone makes mistakes but you can amend it with accomplishments & success. Instead of the op to strive to become a great man so those that castigated him b4 wld be ashamed he is stalking a lady.

@op, realistically, nothing you do would deter him from u. He would think its all a challenge for him to get you. The best way is to handle it by being straight forward, you are not interested & if he continues like this you would have no choice but to eliminate all communications with him. He would get tired as some point, just face what you are in school for and ignore all his stress. But don't insult him in the process so you don't say things you can't take back, you don't know tomorrow you might need his help or he might be a governor later.

You can even advice him on how to make it in life, like a business he can do, you can go an extra mile to gather little funds from your parents, friends etc for him to starts something small at least you have done your best. You can also buy him affordable clothes, provisions etc love-vendor him up, I am sure there are some ladies not necessary in your class but a normal babe that would appreciate him, just take him up as a charity case. He might just need a little love and amenities. Don't go out of your way but just help him a little & continue with your life. Your class na high profile O, so they don't do poor guys, na wa.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cyberfreak(f): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2011
H
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by godson2233(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2011
Dear, go get a boyfriend, Otherwise he'll still be on your case, smiley
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
@Op
Dialogue with him and let him know you like ur freedom and all u want is simple friendship. Don't be scared he can't and won't do anything. If he still keeps disturbing u let me know. Just drop his details and as long as it's a Naija uni we will send somebody to put the fear of god in him.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Skii(m): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2011
@Poster, You need to get a restraining order
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Cuddlemii: 12:28am On Dec 19, 2011
Skii:

@Poster, You need to get a restraining order

Where and from whom? grin grin grin Too much CSI tv series. I don't think it has gotten to that extent. She should just express her concerns to him, if he is still stubborn, then she ignores him and moves on with her life.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Orikinla(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
May I recommend the following book to those whose insecurities are their daily nightmares.

The book will really help you discover yourself and empower you to become a better and more confident person 24/7.

Because if you don't conquer your fears, they will certainly conquer you.

Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by pato405(m): 12:50am On Dec 22, 2011
@OP: I personally do not think that people who are advising you to go blunt with the bloke are rational; particularly when one considers the social environment and culture. in western world, a face-off/ outright display of your disapproval about his stalking you may be right. however, our tenets of socialisation and communal pattern of co-existence differs from what you have in the western world where people often dissociate from others on slightest provocation.

my advice is that you can achieve what you want diplomatically. you have taken the right steps so far and good. if you come out blunt, the broke Bottom tetchy bloke will be so frustrated (who wouldn't be anyway ?, put yourself in his shoes - a social outcast who suddenly thinks himself lucky enough to at long last have an acquaintance grin grin grin grin) and may embark on vindictive measures angry angry angry angry. don't under-estimate what a frustrated guy can do (more also when he is the irascible type). hence, avoid him further when you resume. snub him as much as you can. guys loathe being snubbed and would stay far away from girls they consider as snubs. however, do it with diplomacy (not rudely). it may take a little longer, but he will eventually understand that he is becoming a pest and will give you your deserved space.
Re: Help Me Get Rid Of This Person by Youngpo413: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Cyberfreak:
Whew!!

When I read the first reply, I was worried that I had just started a thread to attract insult to myself and will not get any help.
Thank you all, david, and others.
@Babamide and wysenas, you know what? That was what my friends even told me. They said since the guy does not have a social life he will cling to me the way he is doing. But me wey no first get sense went to do good samaritan for him. embarassed embarassed embarassed
@sexlog,
Na wa for the guy sha.
Do you know that he calls and calls even when am not picking? Then he uses business center line to call.
Then sends text.
All this, even when am not replying.
When will he back off na?

you don enter one chance...this one no get part two o

(1) (Reply)

Serious Matured Confidential Straight Foward Advise Needed. / Ladies Lets Wisen Up! / STRICTLY FOR GUYS: Will You Take Back A Girl You Know 100% Has Cheated On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.