Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866379 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 5:19am On Aug 24, 2013
In London it is hard to find a part time job.but if you move to Wales especially bridgend,Cardiff and Swansea you can find lot of opportunities .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 5:21am On Aug 24, 2013
Kiran14: In London it is hard to find a part time job.but if you move to Wales especially bridgend,Cardiff and Swansea you can find lot of opportunities .
What about Birmingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 5:45am On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi: Please I will like to add this question to my questions @oga justwise,aristoqrat,mayo and the whole house, Please I need your candid suggestion and opinion concerning this question because it will form the basis of my moving and what to take into consideration before I continue with the processing.
I have been reading about £7,200 maintenance fee for a year. Please if someone is going for an undergraduate program which is 3 years and has nobody to send money to him from Naija or anywhere . After he must have exhaust the first year maintenance fee, what happens with the remaining 2 years tuition and maintenance fee? I mean how can someone source for it? Can it be source for over there doing part time or menial job? How easy or difficult will it be? Out of England, scotland and Nothern ireland, which one is a preferable destination for this kind of situation? Thanks

It will be very difficult combining studies and making enough money to pay your fees and maintain yourself without breaching the immigration rules (which includes a 20 hour/week limit). Living in the UK is expensive and very hard if you don't have adequate support!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 6:29am On Aug 24, 2013
Birmingham is a place with full of immigrants.you may get a part time job in shops.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2013
boma@felix:
Yea i saw it. I think i was typing to post at same time Justwise responded to my first post thus the second post i made. I am cleared now!
Ok. As long as your school is not some low-rated school with low credibility & you have not used any agency of such status (Nigerian FG won't use such) then that "d" part is not anything to worry about. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2013
Most Nigerians travel to Uk and other countries believing they want to go and make money but the truth now is that before you can start making that money you may suffer for a long time so it always good to prepare money to spend for atleast four months cos no one will help you there.. Uk is even worst they want you to come back after your studies nothing post study visa again... So immediately you enter that's thinking of how to come back after your studies or how to stay which may not be easy... Seek advice on how to stay but pls no dubious means

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi: Please I will like to add this question to my questions @oga justwise,aristoqrat,mayo and the whole house, Please I need your candid suggestion and opinion concerning this question because it will form the basis of my moving and what to take into consideration before I continue with the processing.
I have been reading about £7,200 maintenance fee for a year. Please if someone is going for an undergraduate program which is 3 years and has nobody to send money to him from Naija or anywhere . After he must have exhaust the first year maintenance fee, what happens with the remaining 2 years tuition and maintenance fee? I mean how can someone source for it? Can it be source for over there doing part time or menial job? How easy or difficult will it be? Out of England, scotland and Nothern ireland, which one is a preferable destination for this kind of situation? Thanks

You may not like what i'm about to say now but please read with open mind:

If you left Nigeria without an arrangement on how to pay your fees for those 3yrs then you are embarking on a miserable journey.
You will not be able to work part time and save for fees and maintenance, if your school fees is around 10,000 a year its practically impossible for you to save such money within a year doing part time job which is 20hrs a week.

You are allowed to work full time during the holidays and holiday period is just about 4months, so even if you are making 1000 pounds monthly within those 4months you still will not be able to save for fees.

Part time job may pay your rent and some bills if you work every week but you have nothing left after that.

If you don't have the money.....don't risk it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 9:33am On Aug 24, 2013
what if a proposed student have an existing 2 years visiting visa and also a frequent traveller, never overstayed in the uk. Can these also influence the student visa application even if a person makes a slight mistake like a slight increase in the exchange rate on the day of submission (1 POUND ) to be precise but added the difference as a closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2013
kem000: what if a proposed student have an existing 2 years visiting visa and also a frequent traveller, never overstayed in the uk. Can these also influence the student visa application even if a person makes a slight mistake like a slight increase in the exchange rate on the day of submission (1 POUND ) to be precise but added the difference as a closing balance.

The ECO may over-look the 1 pound difference but not because of your immigration record
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 10:15am On Aug 24, 2013
kem000: what if a proposed student have an existing 2 years visiting visa and also a frequent traveller, never overstayed in the uk. Can these also influence the student visa application even if a person makes a slight mistake like a slight increase in the exchange rate on the day of submission (1 POUND ) to be precise but added the difference as a closing balance.

Kem000, was wanderin were hav U been smiley dis waitin n hopin...... Na d same level we dey O... I don't think there is anything we can do than 2 pray dat d ECO shuld over look it as it was due 2 inflation cos we had the reqiured amount on d day it started the 28 day count and equally maintained it on our Oanda print out that we hav submitted. Bros, I keep my mind busy by readin past posts while waitin 4 d gr8t news. It shall be well wit Us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2013
thank u justwise. lopmaidx am so tensed but I believe God for a miracle. Lets keep our fingers crossed. God would definitely do the best for us.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2013
[b][/b]
lopmaidx:

Kem000, was wanderin were hav U been smiley dis waitin n hopin...... Na d same level we dey O... I don't think there is anything we can do than 2 pray dat d ECO shuld over look it as it was due 2 inflation cos we had the reqiured amount on d day it started the 28 day count and equally maintained it on our Oanda print out that we hav submitted. Bros, I keep my mind busy by readin past posts while waitin 4 d gr8t news. It shall be well wit Us

I understand you guys but I think one should atleast add like 100 pounds to that maintenance fees cos no matter how high pounds becomes one will be in a safe side.. That's what I did.. Cos I don't want any excuse.. Cos UK get wahala oo.. God help us all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2013
Please is there any1 who applied with Unilag statement of result & transcript? And hw long did it take to get visa or wait. This my wait is getting to long & tiring.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
lopmaidx, pls can u send mi ur yahoo messenger id so we can chat beta if u don't mind
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
holladapooo: Please is there any1 who applied with Unilag statement of result & transcript? And hw long did it take to get visa or wait. This my wait is getting to long & tiring.

Am so praying 4 U Bro it took so much time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holladapooo: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
lopmaidx:

Am so praying 4 U Bro it took so much time

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
kem000: lopmaidx, pls can u send mi ur yahoo messenger id so we can chat beta if u don't mind

It helps to keep discussion open here, this is what kept this forum moving from page to page. Somebody could benefit from the discussion between you too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise: [/b]

You may not like what i'm about to say now but please read with open mind:

If you left Nigeria without an arrangement on how to pay your fees for those 3yrs then you are embarking on a miserable journey.
You will not be able to work part time and save for fees and maintenance, if your school fees is around 10,000 a year its practically impossible for you to save such money within a year doing part time job which is 20hrs a week.

You are allowed to work full time during the holidays and holiday period is just about 4months, so even if you are making 1000 pounds monthly within those 4months you still will not be able to save for fees.

Part time job may pay your rent and some bills if you work every week but you have nothing left after that.

If you don't have the money.....don't risk it.

Thanks bro, which means struggle continues.What about if I was able to get up to 2 years tuition out of three if the tuition is in the range of £5,000-£6000 per year, will it do? Do you have the idea of any other places that can go with this situation? Thanks once again for your candid advice bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
HOS13:

It will be very difficult combining studies and making enough money to pay your fees and maintain yourself without breaching the immigration rules (which includes a 20 hour/week limit). Living in the UK is expensive and very hard if you don't have adequate support!

Thanks boss for your contribution sir.I will keep it in mind before taking any step
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi:

Thanks bro, which means struggle continues.What about if I was able to get up to 2 years tuition out of three if the tuition is in the range of £5,000-£6000 per year, will it do? Do you have the idea of any other places that can go with this situation? Thanks once again for your candid advice bro.

You mean get a degree course that will cost you 5,000-6000 a year in school fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dear Justwise,

Please kindly help me with the following issue.
I am from the Central Asia. In my visa application submitted in 2008, I have given the date of birth of my mother according to her ID, which was valid at that time. However, the d.o.b. in it was incorrect. I haven't used her birth certificate to complete the section about parents, because she has her maiden name in that. In 2010, she got her new ID with corrected actual d.o.b.

My undergraduate studies were sponsored by the government. This time my father will be paying for my graduate studies. Do you think that ECO may compare information about my parents submitted in 2008 with the information of 2013? Should I give the explanation about this issue? If I give it, will it cause a refusal, since I haven't explained in my previous application.

They do not interview citizens of my country

Kind regards,
Sullu
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

You mean get a degree course that will cost you 5,000-6000 a year in school fees?

Yes sir, Also if I was able to get one within this range and also the tuition fees for 2 years out of the 3 years which is the duration of my course within the range of £5000-£6000. Thanks boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu: Dear Justwise,

Please kindly help me with the following issue.
I am from the Central Asia. In my visa application submitted in 2008, I have given the date of birth of my mother according to her ID, which was valid at that time. However, the d.o.b. in it was incorrect. I haven't used her birth certificate to complete the section about parents, because she has her maiden name in that. In 2010, she got her new ID with corrected actual d.o.b.

My undergraduate studies were sponsored by the government. This time my father will be paying for my graduate studies. Do you think that ECO may compare information about my parents submitted in 2008 with the information of 2013? Should I give the explanation about this issue? If I give it, will it cause a refusal, since I haven't explained in my previous application.

They do not interview citizens of my country

Kind regards,
Sullu

You should not really worry about that, your application will be judged mainly on student visa requirements, if you met the requirements then your chances of getting the visa is higher.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi:

Yes sir, Also if I was able to get one within this range and also the tuition fees for 2 years out of the 3 years which is the duration of my course within the range of £5000-£6000. Thanks boss

I'm guessing that is a private school right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

You should not really worry about that, your application will be judged mainly on student visa requirements, if you met the requirements then your chances of getting the visa is higher.

so, do you suggest me to withhold this information?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu:

so, do you suggest me to withhold this information?

If you are so worried about it then use the blank space in your application form to mention it to the ECO. It will not affect the out come of your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

If you are so worried about it then use the blank space in your application form to mention it to the ECO. It will not affect the out come of your visa.

Thanks

There is another issue.

In the online applicatio form that asks to state the countries visited in the last 10 years (date, period, purpose).
In 2010 I travelled to France. When returning to the UK on a coach, a French offer put an exit stamp in my passport with a wrong date "25/05/2010 COQUELLES LFT". On the other page of passport there is a stamp by UK officer " 13 Apr 2010 COQUELLES". I have returnted to England on Apr 13 2010. How do I go about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by honourableseyi: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

I'm guessing that is a private school right?

Judging by the different circumstances that surround private schools, I believe it's better I stay away from them. But their are some other public colleges that I have seen when I was searching for school with tuition fee in the region we are talking about.Though the program is not Bsc but ND and HND(level 4,5 and 6)not sure if it's up to 6 though.Bro I think I am going to take a little bit of your time this afternoon, and I prayed the good Lord will reward you and not only but your children children. Because each time I see your response to nearly all the questions be asked, ask and still asking here, I can only say Bravo!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sullu:

Thanks

There is another issue.

In the online applicatio form that asks to state the countries visited in the last 10 years (date, period, purpose).
In 2010 I travelled to France. When returning to the UK on a coach, a French offer put an exit stamp in my passport with a wrong date "25/05/2010 COQUELLES LFT". On the other page of passport there is a stamp by UK officer " 13 Apr 2010 COQUELLES". I have returnted to England on Apr 13 2010. How do I go about this?

You need to explain that in your form, use separate paper to do that if there is not enough space in the form, that will be fine, you will not get into trouble by doing that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sullu: 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

You need to explain that in your form, use separate paper to do that if there is not enough space in the form, that will be fine, you will not get into trouble by doing that

Thanks a lot for advice

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
honourableseyi:

Judging by the different circumstances that surround private schools, I believe it's better I stay away from them. But their are some other public colleges that I have seen when I was searching for school with tuition fee in the region we are talking about.Though the program is not Bsc but ND and HND(level 4,5 and 6)not sure if it's up to 6 though.Bro I think I am going to take a little bit of your time this afternoon, and I prayed the good Lord will reward you and not only but your children children. Because each time I see your response to nearly all the questions be asked, ask and still asking here, I can only say Bravo!!!

Private colleges are no no no unless if you can do without working, many of them are just 'visa center'. cheap and cheerful but comes with baggage. When you visit their website please move down to: 'About Us', if the directors/management teams are Asians or Africans then..... again have a look at their branches outside the UK, the schools they are affiliated to etc.

Doing ND or HND is a longer route that will cost you almost the same as degree.

The short cut to this is...do your HND in Nigeria or 1st and 2nd year degree in Nigeria then come to the UK for final year top-up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.