Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866850 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
SAT1: AlhamduliLLAH, got ma Visa today after exactly 10 working days. Thumbs up to Justice, Dammy and all other wise men in and ouside the forum.

Congrats, anoda fast 1. It shall b well wit us still waitin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blaize777: 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
Hello every1 am relatively new here but I'v been followin the thread.. Pls is there any1 who applied @ the VFS office @lekki since 5th of this month? I applied 4 my tier 4 visa and I ve not heard from them and my application still reads that it has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 05/08/2013 for processing..holla @ me any1 with same situation or any1 who knws better! Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
wolske: Hi Justwise and other nairalanders. Please, can one withdraw some money from one's account after visa has been granted? I need to book my flight, but i'm confused as to whether i can withdraw from that account to book my flight even after obtaining one's visa. Somebody told me that the UKBA continues to monitor the account till you get to the uk. How true is this? Justwise, please your advice?

In addition, wjhat are the documents that would be asked for at the point of entry? Is it true that a yellow fever immunization is a requirement for entry?

Sure you can withdraw some money for your flight, they don't monitor your account until you get to the UK, the 7200 pounds is your money to use in the UK, whatever you do with it is your business

You don't need any yellow fever, if at all you need one it will be carried out at the POE, i doubt UKBA will trust any yellow fever paper you brought from Nigeria since we are good at forging anything.

Hold your CAS letter, bank statement (the one you submitted during visa application) in case you are asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2013
Its 10 working days bro(weekend days not inclusive). I applied on 15th, and on checking my application status yesterday(29th) it read "documents ready to be collected"
JideVince:
Should be 19th August, I guess, if it's exactly 10working days today. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
SAT1: Its 10 working days bro(weekend days not inclusive). I applied on 15th, and on checking my application status yesterday(29th) it read "documents ready to be collected"
Did you apply in Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Oh. Yeah!
SAT1: Its 10 working days bro(weekend days not inclusive). I applied on 15th, and on checking my application status yesterday(29th) it read "documents ready to be collected"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Jidevince. While counting the number of days, should the submission date not be included? 15th to 29th is 11 working days if the submission date is included.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Yeah Abuja was the only available centre when I submitted ma online app
emmy78:
Did you apply in Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
emmy78: @Jidevince. While counting the number of days, should the submission date not be included? 15th to 29th is 11 working days if the submission date is included.
Sure, application date should be included.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Anxious, nervous are understatement ryt nw...I submitted my application on 14th aug and I got a call from BHC on weds 28th dt D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ nid more docs frm me cos I submitted a declaration of age in place of my birth cert cos I misplaced my birth cert some yrs back to cut d long story short I ran 2 national population commission to obtain an attesttion of birth whi D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sed it same as a birth cert so sent sent it to BHC ysterdy thru courier ..a frnd dt applied on dsame d as me sed she gt a txt to cum for collection dsame day I gt a call for mor docs...pls I nid words of encouragement 4m any1 in d aus...andand ow long cud it take for me 2 gt a response 4m dem undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
holyboy.com:
My mom has 2 accounts with a closing balance of 2.5million. Bt one is 10k USD and the other in Naira. Can i use the statement since i need to show my maintenace fee only. 7200. I dont knw if d accounts must have been without withdraw for 28days cos she recently gave my twin 10k from her domicilary leaving her wit 10kUSD.
The account statement(s) may have wihdrawals BUT at no time during the 28-day period should the available balance go below the equivalence of £7200.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
moufpeas: Anxious, nervous are understatement ryt nw...I submitted my application on 14th aug and I got a call from BHC on weds 28th dt D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ nid more docs frm me cos I submitted a declaration of age in place of my birth cert cos I misplaced my birth cert some yrs back to cut d long story short I ran 2 national population commission to obtain an attesttion of birth whi D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sed it same as a birth cert so sent sent it to BHC ysterdy thru courier ..a frnd dt applied on dsame d as me sed she gt a txt to cum for collection dsame day I gt a call for mor docs...pls I nid words of encouragement 4m any1 in d aus...andand ow long cud it take for me 2 gt a response 4m dem undecided
Anxiety won't make you get the VISA but I know peace of mind and prayer will keep you in a better state of mind. Just remain positive and hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
@don oms,
Tnx...do u know ow long it cud take to hear from dem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks so much Justwise for your comments. But my bank statement was not returned to me when i collected my visa o. Is this the case with every other person? Will it be okay if i print out a new bank statement as long as the figure does not go below the required amount?

justwise:

Sure you can withdraw some money for your flight, they don't monitor your account until you get to the UK, the 7200 pounds is your money to use in the UK, whatever you do with it is your business

You don't need any yellow fever, if at all you need one it will be carried out at the POE, i doubt UKBA will trust any yellow fever paper you brought from Nigeria since we are good at forging anything.

Hold your CAS letter, bank statement (the one you submitted during visa application) in case you are asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bibrahim:

Hey newtral. Please when did you apply ?
August 15
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by moufpeas(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 12:04am On Aug 31, 2013
newtral: Am so happy... Tnks 4 ur congratulatory messages. Urs will cm soonest
PrAise God, I have gotten my visa in 8 working Days! Honey86, Chylo, Lakehay, Don oms Thank u sooo much. And to my Online super Hero JustWise am short of words, I love soo much. Thank u for all ur selfless service.
And to other peeps, take ur time to read all the pages on this thread, all u need to obtain ur visa is here. It was on this thread I came across Sunderland uni, I applied, packaged my visa , prepared for interview all with info on this thread.wish u all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2013
blaize777: Hello every1 am relatively new here but I'v been followin the thread.. Pls is there any1 who applied @ the VFS office @lekki since 5th of this month? I applied 4 my tier 4 visa and I ve not heard from them and my application still reads that it has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 05/08/2013 for processing..holla @ me any1 with same situation or any1 who knws better! Thanks!

Relax. I am sure you will be contacted soon.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2013
Be+2012:
PrAise God, I have gotten my visa in 8 working Days! Honey86, Chylo, Lakehay, Don oms Thank u sooo much. And to my Online super Hero JustWise am short of words, I love soo much. Thank u for all ur selfless service.
And to other peeps, take ur time to read all the pages on this thread, all u need to obtain ur visa is here. It was on this thread I came across Sunderland uni, I applied, packaged my visa , prepared for interview all with info on this thread.wish u all the best.

Congratulations to you. When do you resume? All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy78: 4:36am On Aug 31, 2013
Be+2012:
Congratulations. This is a fast one. Where did you submit your application and arround what time of the day did you get the message from vfs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2013
Be+2012:

Congrats, 8 workin dayz!...... Nice 1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2013
Be+2012:

Now this is mega-fast! congratulations Be+2012, really really happy for you, have a fab time in Sunderland.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MissCee: 7:22am On Aug 31, 2013
blaize777: Hello every1 am relatively new here but I'v been followin the thread.. Pls is there any1 who applied @ the VFS office @lekki since 5th of this month? I applied 4 my tier 4 visa and I ve not heard from them and my application still reads that it has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission on 05/08/2013 for processing..holla @ me any1 with same situation or any1 who knws better! Thanks!
I applied on the 6th at Lekki. Still waiting. Just be patient like I was adviced to be :-).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maccoretech: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2013
moufpeas: Anxious, nervous are understatement ryt nw...I submitted my application on 14th aug and I got a call from BHC on weds 28th dt D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ nid more docs frm me cos I submitted a declaration of age in place of my birth cert cos I misplaced my birth cert some yrs back to cut d long story short I ran 2 national population commission to obtain an attesttion of birth whi D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sed it same as a birth cert so sent sent it to BHC ysterdy thru courier ..a frnd dt applied on dsame d as me sed she gt a txt to cum for collection dsame day I gt a call for mor docs...pls I nid words of encouragement 4m any1 in d aus...andand ow long cud it take for me 2 gt a response 4m dem undecided
You wil hear from them within 5 working days. I got my visa 5 working days after receiving a call from BHC. Relax as we prepare to join RGU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2013
Good morning guys, thanks for all ur contributions yday. I completed the application and got an appointment date for Wednesday next week at Lekki.
I'll be submitting the ff docs
Online app print out
Appendix 8
Admission letter
CAS letter(doesn't contain d tuition I paid)
Part payment tuition receipt(it's a print out)
Degree Certificate(only thing mentioned in my CAS)
Bank statement of 3m(covering remaining tuition $ maintenance)
Oanda conversion print out
Passport

Am I good to go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2013
You don't need to show any document to UKBA provided ur LG is paying the money( sch fee+maintenance) into ur account, all u need do is wait till after 28days of the payment b4 u apply.
ooosamede2: Please give advice on this!!
I have been given an offer for Msc in Uk, Can I use my Local Government as my sponsor, or they should pay the money into my account
If I can use my Local Government as my sponsor what are the documents I need to submit to the embassy along with my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:06am On Aug 31, 2013
Yes u r. I submitted similar documents on 15th in Abuja and got ma Visa yesterday. Got ma visa ysday,
jennyfar: Good morning guys, thanks for all ur contributions yday. I completed the application and got an appointment date for Wednesday next week at Lekki.
Online app print out
Appendix 8
Admission letter
Passport

Am I good to go?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2013
jennyfar: Good morning guys, thanks for all ur contributions yday. I completed the application and got an appointment date for Wednesday next week at Lekki.
Online app print out
Appendix 8
Admission letter
Passport

Am I good to go?
Contact your school to know if your CAS has been updated after the payment, if they replied and say yes then print-out the email and attach it to your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 8:23am On Aug 31, 2013
justwise: Contact your school to know if your CAS has been updated after the payment, if they replied and say yes then print-out the email and attach it to your application

Thanks justwise, will do that by Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blaize777: 8:31am On Aug 31, 2013
Thanks @MissCee(seems lekki is slow) and thanks @Aristoqrat. And @ Be+2012 congrats..am going to uni of sunderland too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2013
Yea I did with my Unilag transcript and degree certificate( not statement of result) and got ma visa after 10 working days.
holladapooo: Please is there any1 who applied with Unilag statement of result & transcript? And hw long did it take to get visa or wait. This my wait is getting to long & tiring.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kiran14: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Hai everyone,I applied in 6 th of August and my status showing still in process.last week my phone was switched off therefore I don't know wether they phoned me or not.will they send any e-mail or text.I haven't got any mails or texts yet .thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.