Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866863 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2013
Whao, we have loads of Manchester peeps on this thread this year. Congratulations to you guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Hey.....am going to University of Manchester. Still waiting for my visa...6days and counting.
. Am also going to University of manchester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2013
How do you check your pm on nairaland please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bibrahim(f): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Too true@ UNi of Manchester . Looking forward to seeing the purple colors soon and you guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:27am On Aug 29, 2013
Ok oo.. Am not claiming am an expert tho.. So don't get it twisted atleast I gained a lot I didn't know here after have applied.. If I joined the forum earlier I wouldn't have used PFL.. So no man knows all... And if I share little information it doesn't mean I wanna compete with you guys giving information.. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2013
honey86: Whao, we have loads of [b]Manchester [/b]peeps on this thread this year. Congratulations to you guys.

...you meant Gun-Chester? grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by edjee: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2013
hi justwise and NLers, i want to pay my visa application fee via bank transfer to sterling bank b4 going to BHC office with d teller is it ok? must i pay at d BHC office?pls urgent reply.thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2013
edjee: hi justwise and NLers, i want to pay my visa application fee via bank transfer to sterling bank b4 going to BHC office with d teller is it ok? must i pay at d BHC office?pls urgent reply.thanks.
Its better to pay at the UKVAC, in my opinion. You've got nothing to lose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2013
does the 28 days waiting period applies to applicants using his parents bank statement of account. please direct answer...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Aug 29, 2013
holyboy.com:
does the 28 days waiting period applies to applicants using his parents bank statement of account. please direct answer...

This is an interesting question and over the years we have not really touched on the issue of using parent's bank account + the 28days counting.

There is no Yes or No answer to this but this is the issue...
(1)....if your parents account is older than 28days and contains all the money needed to cover for fees and maintenance money on it then you can print it out and use for visa application without waiting for 28days (remember to add your birth certificate)

(2).... if the account is older than 28days with not enough money to cover for fees and maintenance money then you will start counting the 28days the very day you have enough money in that account to cover for your fees and maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2013
edjee: hi justwise and NLers, i want to pay my visa application fee via bank transfer to sterling bank b4 going to BHC office with d teller is it ok? must i pay at d BHC office?pls urgent reply.thanks.

JideVince:
Its better to pay at the UKVAC, in my opinion. You've got nothing to lose.

I share that view.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOS13: 11:06am On Aug 29, 2013

Pls don't bother!!!!!
They don't even accept payment with debit cards(ie POS) at least at the Lekki centre. I was forced to exit the building to withdraw from an ATM! It was a very annoying experience!
Just go there with your cash to avoid the stress.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by edjee: 11:14am On Aug 29, 2013
thanks guys. pls can one pay d appl. fee at the ukvac b4 the appointment date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks for the swift reply... 1. can parents use more than one bank statement. 2. what documents can one's parents submit along with other documents.

justwise:

This is an interesting question and over the years we have not really touched on the issue of using parent's bank account + the 28days counting.

There is no Yes or No answer to this but this is the issue...
(1)....if your parents account is older than 28days and contains all the money needed to cover for fees and maintenance money on it then you can print it out and use for visa application without waiting for 28days (remember to add your birth certificate)

(2).... if the account is older than 28days with not enough money to cover for fees and maintenance money then you will start counting the 28days the very day you have enough money in that account to cover for your fees and maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2013
is it safe to use parents account as sponsor?

holyboy.com:
Thanks for the swift reply... 1. can parents use more than one bank statement. 2. what documents can one's parents submit along with other documents.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 11:22am On Aug 29, 2013
I recently started following this thread and all I can say is you guys are awesome. Comments have been decent and have been extremely helpful. Anyone going to University of Buckingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:28am On Aug 29, 2013
kem000: pls guys, I need to know if there is anyone in the house that got affected by flunctuations in exchange rate and still got the visa. pls share your testimony. I guess it will make me feel better. Am tensed up smiley

Be strong Bro,we would get our VISA I hav bin doin some research on d UKBA website open d link below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part6a/
And
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixc/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2013
kem000: It is very risky. For those who are yet to apply, always make provision for extra money incase of flunctuations.

grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2013
holyboy.com:

is it safe to use parents account as sponsor?

If you are using your parents account then they are your sponsor and there is nothing wrong with that.

holyboy.com:

Your parents can use more than one account as long as the two accounts are in their names and contains the required amount of money.

They can give you a letter permitting you to use their account (Letter of consent)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:40am On Aug 29, 2013
lopmaidx:

Be strong Bro,we would get our VISA I hav bin doin some research on d UKBA website open d link below
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part6a/

This is for people holding work permit and not for students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your information....

justwise:

If you are using your parents account then they are your sponsor and there is nothing wrong with that.

Your parents can use more than one account as long as the two accounts are in their names and contains the required amount of money.

They can give you a letter permitting you to use their account (Letter of consent)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2013
workinprogress: Good Morning,
I just got my uk student visa yesterday after only 10 working days and after being rejected last year...Allahu akbar....Thanks to justwise and everyother person who helped with my questions and goodluck to all the other people applying for theirs...i will also be available for any questions too..

WHOOOP!!!

Congrats, dat was a fast one, al d best. N so shall our's come out positive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
justwise:

This is for people holding work permit and not for students

Oga justwise, when U go dwn d page towards the end U would see d Tier 4 (General) Student
Pls check again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

Congratulations. We're still waiting for ours oooooo. Lopax, kemoooo any news?

Still countin, mine is 9 workin days 2day so by next week hopefully. Dis 1 dat ppl get der's as early as 10-13 workin days it's Gud news
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
edjee: thanks guys. pls can one pay d appl. fee at the ukvac b4 the appointment date?
You can only pay during your appointment. 5 stages involved 1. Filing of documents/forms 2. Payment 3. Generation of VAC/Reference no 4. Biometrics 5. Interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
lopmaidx:

Oga justwise, when U go dwn d page towards the end U would see d Tier 4 (General) Student
Pls check again

Bro you don't get a stay here with student visa after 5yrs, its 10yrs with student visa and 5yrs with work permit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
justwise:

Bro you don't get a stay here with student visa after 5yrs, its 10yrs with student visa and 5yrs with work permit.

Noted tanxz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Got ma visa today after 10 working days thnks to justwise, Dami Zaccheaus nd every one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
newtral: Got ma visa today after 10 working days thnks to justwise, Dami Zaccheaus nd every one.

Congrats, anoda fast 1. God I belive dat so shall our's b
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joel911: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
newtral: Got ma visa today after 10 working days thnks to justwise, Dami Zaccheaus nd every one.

Congratulations dear.

Best wishes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
lopmaidx:

Congrats, anoda fast 1. God I belive dat so shall our's b

Amen oooo....Na wa ooo...10working days. Let ours be like that in Jesus name, Amen. Lopmaidx expect urs tomorrow cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.